As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC! Thread Title Update

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Boy it bums me out how much the 15 issue cutting is clearly cutting the legs out from King's Batman finale

This is an issue of almost all narration, during which 2 different poems are quoted in their entirety

I have really liked most of King's run but this is a very disappointing way for it to wrap up

Gainax (or, if you prefer, Team Xeno) Ending.

("****, we're out of time/budget! Quick, text dump! Storyboards! Massive amounts of WTF!")

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm so ready for King's run to end.

And I liked most of it, but it just has felt like it has dragged and dragged and dragged.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I don't think the entire City of Bane arc has been any good. If you're into the Catwoman/Batman relationship there are things there for you but it's been a big misfire for me and I'm glad it's getting truncated so he can move on to something else.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I just learned Kevin Conroy is gay??? He first publicly talked about it in a NYT interview 3 years ago and I never heard.

Anyways he is gonna be the first openly gay actor to play Batman in live action on CoiE and that kicks ass

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Huh. Didn't know that.
    Cool.

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I can't believe I didn't know that, what the heck.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I just learned Kevin Conroy is gay??? He first publicly talked about it in a NYT interview 3 years ago and I never heard.

Anyways he is gonna be the first openly gay actor to play Batman in live action on CoiE and that kicks ass

Spoilers for which Batman he's playing
    v0xaotctfb06.jpg

Definitely looks to be Kingdom Come

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I know it's nice for Conroy to actually be able to appear onscreen as Batman, but part of me wants old school animated series Batman to just show up Roger Rabbit style.

akajaybay on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Finally got to read Far Sector. That book oozes style

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Finally got to read Far Sector. That book oozes style

I really want to get into that

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Brian Michael Bendis put up the cover for Young Justice #14 on Instagram, featuring four heroes that might join the team.
    dBdUGLk.jpg

Owenashi on
    I would like

All of them to join

Also I am glad to see Sideways, that guy has rad powers and a great costume and it is nice to see PoC heroes not vanishing after debuting

CYpGAPn.png
    DC ran this ad for its upcoming TDKR continuation, The Golden Child:
    mcn9wjybr9dt.jpg

By Rafael Grampa. Which is just gorgeous as hell.

But there was backlash online from Chinese fans who claim that it is endorsing the Hong Kong protests. Because...molotovs, I guess?

DC caved almost immediately and pulled the ad, which is pretty disappointing.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    The Chinese government allows people to read comics?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Can we just let DKR and Watchmen alone?

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Can we just let DKR and Watchmen alone?

I mean this year has been a pretty great year for derivatives of those two products.

Quire.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Watchmen sure but what did we get out of DKR?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Watchmen the series is rad as hell!!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    That bit where batman calls a shotgun the weapon of the enemy and then breaks it in half was pretty good. And I like Carrie a lot but...yeah

oh right I should read properly, still, I stand by it.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    That whole quote involving “my parents taught me a different lesson, they taught me the world doesn’t make sense unless you force it to” is one of my favorite Batman quotes.

The context of it is pretty garbage though. I was really disappointed when I finally read the book and found out where it was from.

Quire.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You are apparently blessedly unaware of the existence of THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN and THE DARK KNIGHT III: MASTER RACE

Neither of those came out this year!

CYpGAPn.png
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I mean I’m assuming that golden child is good. It looks all right!

Quire.jpg
    The last issue of Master Race came out just a little over two years ago, that's still pretty recent!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I think Watchmen the show is as good as Watchmen the book so far.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

I am struggling real hard to disagree with this, but so far the show has given me no reason to.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Wow that's damning

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I honestly think Watchmen the show is way better

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think that TV Watchmen is a better exploration and iteration than Watchmen deserves

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    HBO Watchmen does so far have 100% less rape than Alan Moore's Watchmen, which is a big point in its favor.

Also it has a lot of racists being beaten up and/or murdered, which does not happen much in Alan Moore's Watchmen.

Oh, and it has multiple main characters of color, which Alan Moore's Watchmen also does not.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    DC ran this ad for its upcoming TDKR continuation, The Golden Child:
    mcn9wjybr9dt.jpg

By Rafael Grampa. Which is just gorgeous as hell.

But there was backlash online from Chinese fans who claim that it is endorsing the Hong Kong protests. Because...molotovs, I guess?

DC caved almost immediately and pulled the ad, which is pretty disappointing.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's less about the molotov and more because "The Future is Young" sounds like the kind of easily easily remembered and shouted slogan that catches on as a rallying cry when you have a large number of young people fighting against authority.

Just a guess though.

I mean even then

It is not a slogan that the HK Protests are using

If we are entering the territory where literally any sort of protest imagery can get quashed by China or whichever World Power you wanna choose because it is vaguely maybe similar possibly

That sucks ass

CYpGAPn.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    LIBERATE HONG KONG REVOLUTION OF OUR TIME

liEt3nH.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I mean even then

It is not a slogan that the HK Protests are using

If we are entering the territory where literally any sort of protest imagery can get quashed by China or whichever World Power you wanna choose because it is vaguely maybe similar possibly

That seems like a dope reason to start some civil disobedience

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So what

is Batwoman going to do

about being a year behind the other shows

They haven't addressed it and the next episode is Crisis

They think enough things through, they must've thought this through

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Her "pilot" during last year's crossover happened around episode 3-4 of her series, it's only referenced as a background detail though. It's a bit like the big timeskip at the end of last year's Arrow series that isn't highlighted but definitely happened
    ie the whole of the rest of Felicity's pregnancy, with Oliver leaving right into this current series so he's not been on Monitor duty for longer than we've seen on the show.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    That's what I'm saying, they've only just recently caught up to Elseworlds, they are still a year behind everyone else

Good point about the implied timeskip for Arrow, but I think you could probably just assume that happened over the summer?

oh wait yeah...

huh

7qmGNt5.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So did anyone bite the bullet and watch the Harley show?

Curious if it's better than what the trailer made it out to be.

Kyougu wrote: »
    So did anyone bite the bullet and watch the Harley show?

Curious if it's better than what the trailer made it out to be.

It sounds absolutely better