As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Eh, at this point the ratings aren't super important unless there are crazy swings, IMO.

AEW has maintained a pretty healthy audience ranging from 800k to above a million on average and NXT does a little bit worse on average.

Untrue

AEW won in every important demographic, overall numbers aren’t so important but the specific people watching it are.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    RoH have fired Kelly Klein. For those not keeping track, Klein is the CURRENT Women of Honor champion. She's also currently injured. The hits just keep on coming with these guys.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    What I find most interesting is that, even though NXT had huge gains, AEW only had a slight dip by comparison. That seems to back up the idea that there isn't a ton of crossover between them.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    RoH have fired Kelly Klein. For those not keeping track, Klein is the CURRENT Women of Honor champion. She's also currently injured. The hits just keep on coming with these guys.

That's awful. Everything about this is disgusting.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

jesus fucking christ

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Eh, at this point the ratings aren't super important unless there are crazy swings, IMO.

AEW has maintained a pretty healthy audience ranging from 800k to above a million on average and NXT does a little bit worse on average.

Untrue

AEW won in every important demographic, overall numbers aren’t so important but the specific people watching it are.
    I mean those demos are for advertisers looking to buy ad space

It's not a really relevant metric for fans, other than to go "oh Nielsen says more women watch AEW"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I never understood why anyone that isn’t a network executive or advertising executive cares about ratings or demographics. Both shows on Wednesday are great shows and are doing well enough in ratings to avoid cancellation so that’s all I will ever care about.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options

Effy says on the podcast he's talked to people who have worked EVOLVE shows

NXT pays for NXT talent to be there,
    EVOLVE pays for EVOLVE's very-limited signed roster to be there,
    But local talent? And local people helping set up the show and be the crew? Gabe pays them zero dollars. Some get a t-shirt as compensation

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Not even a hotdog?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Untrue

It's not a really relevant metric for fans, other than to go "oh Nielsen says more women watch AEW"

They're relevant to fans in that the company making more on ad space ensures that they will be able to stay around and afford to bring in new talent. Especially for an upstart company like AEW, and especially since AEW's deal is reportedly heavily based on a revenue split rather than rights fees.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    WON: Chris Jericho/Scorpio Sky Pro Segment Was Biggest Quarter Hour of AEW, Did 1 Million+ Viewers

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    gonna try to buy spring break tix today if i can, wish me luck wrestle friends

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The only thing I'm curious about ratings is if they would change if one of the shows was on another night.

Like how much cross over is there between people watching the shows.

• Options

Untrue

They're relevant to fans in that the company making more on ad space ensures that they will be able to stay around and afford to bring in new talent. Especially for an upstart company like AEW, and especially since AEW's deal is reportedly heavily based on a revenue split rather than rights fees.
    This gets into the weeds far more than I would say most fans really do, or should, care about

I do not care at all about how much revenue AEW is making based on their ad sales because I am not Tony Kahn and it has zero effect on me or my enjoyment of the show

Like I said, if there is a big swing in ratings then sure, thats notable as if they suddenly plummet then AEW might make some changes or TNT might get cold feet or what have you

But the comparing of weekly ratings (like in the Monday Night Wars) and talking about potential ad revenue and the like grosses me out, personally, because all that is doing is pointing out how much money two billionaires are going to be making and stoking the kinda fervent loyalty that you get to brands like in game console wars.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The only thing I'm curious about ratings is if they would change if one of the shows was on another night.

That and how many views NXT gets since it airs on the Network the following night. I know I don't care to try to watch NXT when AEW is on because I can just catch up on it the following night. Not a big deal.

I am more sad that the ratings for both are under a 1. I know TV ratings suck compared to what they used to be and that goes for everything, but oof.
    WON: Chris Jericho/Scorpio Sky Pro Segment Was Biggest Quarter Hour of AEW, Did 1 Million+ Viewers

If they're brave, Scorpio will win.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

That and how many views NXT gets since it airs on the Network the following night. I know I don't care to try to watch NXT when AEW is on because I can just catch up on it the following night. Not a big deal.

I am more sad that the ratings for both are under a 1. I know TV ratings suck compared to what they used to be and that goes for everything, but oof.

If they're brave, Scorpio will win.

Jericho shouldn't lose until whatever PPV is closest to Mania. It will establish the title strongly, establish the winner strongly, establish Jericho strongly and depending on who it is, possibly even steal some thunder from WWE.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

Jericho shouldn't lose until whatever PPV is closest to Mania. It will establish the title strongly, establish the winner strongly, establish Jericho strongly and depending on who it is, possibly even steal some thunder from WWE.
    I agree that's how it'll go, but it just makes me not care about the Scorpio Sky bit since I assume he'll lose.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dave Meltzer: Professional Journalist8dffv5dbj2nc.jpg

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

I agree that's how it'll go, but it just makes me not care about the Scorpio Sky bit since I assume he'll lose.

He will lose but it should be a star making performance. I've been pretty indifferent on SCU, I didn't understand why the Lucha Bros lost and the reaction to them at teh PPV was pretty tepid compared to Lucha and Private Party, this will give them a strong display of their abilities outside of a tag team.

• Options
    God it is INFURIATING that this scumbag is The "Respected" Wrestling Journalist

He has fucked up so publicly so many times in so many ways that it is very obviously clear he is a piece of shit in lots of fun ways that always find their way into his work

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    ba da ba ba baaaa i’m lovin biff

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I love

Biff Busick

Wait sorry

I LOVE

BIFF BUSICK

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Looking forward to the return of Frank O'Rourke.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    God it is INFURIATING that this scumbag is The "Respected" Wrestling Journalist

He has fucked up so publicly so many times in so many ways that it is very obviously clear he is a piece of shit in lots of fun ways that always find their way into his work

And this is minor complaint compared to his mysoginy and racism, but he's not even a good writer. Prolific yes, but his writing is just recitation, and has no analysis and insight into things. His obituary collection books are very dry reads.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Even in professional wrestling, an industry full of failsons and assorted nepotism, it is harder to think of a bigger example of someone who has failed upwards

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »

i did it thanks for your support

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

i did it thanks for your support
    You're a hero

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Who wants some Pick 'Em Scores:
    1 SanderJK 275
    2 Magell 272
    3 Legacy 271
    4 Nothing 269
    5 Nirya 268
    6 PwnanObrien 260
    7 MyNameIsWalrus 257
    7 Lost Canuck 257
    9 LBD_Nytetrayn 253
    10 Sprout 248
    11 Never Die 246
    12 AlphaRomero 239
    13 crippl3 238
    14 411Randle 231
    15 hailtothekale 230
    16 Sonelan 225
    17 crwth 221
    18 David_T 214
    19 Reynolds 213
    19 Bloodsheed 213
    21 #FACEtious 207
    21 Dex Dynamo 207
    23 ChillyWilly 202
    24 Whippy 197
    25 Invectivus 182
    FULL STANDINGS

Hell in a Cell straight fucked a ton of stuff up. Form for Survivor Series will be up later tonight,

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The champ is BACK

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    How the fuck did I spring so far forward?

• Options
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    1 SanderJK 275
    2 Magell 272
    3 Legacy 271
    4 Nothing 269
    5 Nirya 268
    6 PwnanObrien 260
    7 MyNameIsWalrus 257
    7 Lost Canuck 257
    9 LBD_Nytetrayn 253
    10 Sprout 248
    11 Never Die 246
    12 AlphaRomero 239
    13 crippl3 238
    14 411Randle 231
    15 hailtothekale 230
    16 Sonelan 225
    17 crwth 221
    18 David_T 214
    19 Reynolds 213
    19 Bloodsheed 213
    21 #FACEtious 207
    21 Dex Dynamo 207
    23 ChillyWilly 202
    24 Whippy 197
    25 Invectivus 182
    FULL STANDINGS

Hell in a Cell straight fucked a ton of stuff up. Form for Survivor Series will be up later tonight,

Everyone must be doing terribly because I did not think I'd be that high.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    1 SanderJK 275
    2 Magell 272
    3 Legacy 271
    4 Nothing 269
    5 Nirya 268
    6 PwnanObrien 260
    7 MyNameIsWalrus 257
    7 Lost Canuck 257
    9 LBD_Nytetrayn 253
    10 Sprout 248
    11 Never Die 246
    12 AlphaRomero 239
    13 crippl3 238
    14 411Randle 231
    15 hailtothekale 230
    16 Sonelan 225
    17 crwth 221
    18 David_T 214
    19 Reynolds 213
    19 Bloodsheed 213
    21 #FACEtious 207
    21 Dex Dynamo 207
    23 ChillyWilly 202
    24 Whippy 197
    25 Invectivus 182
    FULL STANDINGS

Watching WWE was holding me back.

• Options
    Newsweek picked up the ROH Kelly Klein story https://www.newsweek.com/ring-honor-kelly-klein-concussion-medical-policy-management-1473223

Also had this tidbit about what sounds a lot like TK O'Ryan (who hasn't wrestled since August)
    One Ring of Honor wrestler—who Newsweek has chosen not to name—exhibited noticeable changes in demeanor after suffering a concussion earlier this year, three people with knowledge of the situation, including Klein and Birch, tell Newsweek. "It was very clear he had changed," says Klein. "He was like a different person ... he wasn't taking as good care of himself, he made comments about being unhappy." Another source describes the wrestler as appearing "very depressed." Birch, whose responsibilities included liaising with talent on behalf of management, became concerned about the talent and says he eventually advised Ring of Honor's executive producer to pull them from competition pending medical review. "It was the right thing to do, but it should've been done [sooner]," says Birch. The talent has not wrestled since August, according to online match records.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    1 SanderJK 275
    2 Magell 272
    3 Legacy 271
    4 Nothing 269
    5 Nirya 268
    6 PwnanObrien 260
    7 MyNameIsWalrus 257
    7 Lost Canuck 257
    9 LBD_Nytetrayn 253
    10 Sprout 248
    11 Never Die 246
    12 AlphaRomero 239
    13 crippl3 238
    14 411Randle 231
    15 hailtothekale 230
    16 Sonelan 225
    17 crwth 221
    18 David_T 214
    19 Reynolds 213
    19 Bloodsheed 213
    21 #FACEtious 207
    21 Dex Dynamo 207
    23 ChillyWilly 202
    24 Whippy 197
    25 Invectivus 182
    FULL STANDINGS

I feel like I shouldn't be this high, having not watched a show since WM

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    What a bizarre, anticlimactic way to debut a new IC title belt.

This discussion has been closed.