As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So P5R came out in Japan and there's already some impressions floating around from importers. From the sounds of it the new content is cool, but the base game remains largely unchanged, so you basically have to beat the whole game again just to get to the new content. Like the only mentions i've seen of changed stuff in this base game is some gross stuff they added to the first palace and a some kind of cool change to boss of the last palace.

I was ready to defend the re-release if the changes were substantial enough but it honestly sounds like it would have been smarter to just release the new semester as a dlc. Or hell even as a cheaper standalone game if the original game didn't have the dlc hooks implemented.

They added a challenge mode, rebalanced a bunch of skills (you can use technicals to knock down under certain circumstances, pulinpa is not OP anymore etc.), added Baton pass to everyone by default, added some new mini games that enhance it and add bonding points, you can go out at night after palaces, they reduced load times, added more dialogue all over the place, added new character portraits, added new personas, added some new cut scenes (not just at the end), changed up all the boss fights.

It's a TON of new stuff all over the place, way more than golden added to P4.

That said, it's still mostly the same story of course.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Going out at night after palaces? Fortune just gets more OP.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Bunch of Scramble stuff came out today

New trailer thing explaining stuff in Japanese
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PoJImu4TCI

Big ol stream with combat shown at around 30 minutes and more around 1 hour and 30 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPwvvUIwKIE

Gamexplain breaking down/translating new gameplay info
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIQHLeq370

Game looks goooood

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'm hearing they added some things with Shiho that some players may find disturbing.
    Namely that you run into Kamoshida's cognition version of her in the first palace—in which she is wearing a bunny outfit and behaves as you would expect when conceptualized by her sexual abuser—and that she's part of the boss fight

what

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'm hearing they added some things with Shiho that some players may find disturbing.
    Namely that you run into Kamoshida's cognition version of her in the first palace—in which she is wearing a bunny outfit and behaves as you would expect when conceptualized by her sexual abuser—and that she's part of the boss fight

what

Mind you I've only seen a screenshot of the character in question and everything else is based on people who've imported the Royal version
    But to the best of my understanding, you run into Cognition Shiho very similarly to how you run into Cognition Anne, where Shiho's dressed in a bunny outfit and behaving very coquettishly toward her rapist

She has also been incorporated into the actual boss fight as an additional target who aids Kamoshida

Unless there's something I'm forgetting from the original game (and there could be, it's been a couple of years) this is more than you see of the actual Shiho who tries to kill herself

Just wanted to put this out here because I figured some folks might be upset if they got blindsided with that particular change

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, 6 years...?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    6 years? is that all? it felt like P5 was in development longer than that.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    6 years? is that all? it felt like P5 was in development longer than that.

it was, they didn’t have a formal announcement for a good 18 months, I think they started right after Catherine

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Is that the Teddie stream that nearly killed at least 3 people on this forum? Or was that the earlier one?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Is there any word on whether P5R has the rumored
    redemption arc for akechi

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

You already know the answer.

wVEsyIc.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

spoilers I saw, but I'm not sure are actually real, so YMMV. includes original game spoilers
    supposedly it plays out exactly the same, he dies on the ship.

then after beating shido the game changes so that all of the phantom thieves get their ideal world from Yaldabaoth, which for joker means they bring akechi back to life, I guess.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Kinda sorta?

Actual giant-ass Persona 5 Royal spoilers
    The Akechi who joins your party in the new content is a fake created by the protagonist's regret for how things went down.

Is there any chance this (now 10 day) countdown is going to announce a Switch version, too, or is that just a desperate pipe dream by overly hopeful people?

I assume it’s just a western release date.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    It is 100% just for a release date, they have tweeted about it being specifically for Persona Fans in the west

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    If a Switch version happens, and I still think there's a good chance it will, it'll be announced after the launch window of P5R

Gotta get those triple dip sales

ZD98Zka.png
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    It is 100% just for a release date, they have tweeted about it being specifically for Persona Fans in the west

Yeah I think you’re right. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get days for P5R and P5S, though, I guess.

Ashcroft wrote: »
    If a Switch version happens, and I still think there's a good chance it will, it'll be announced after the launch window of P5R

Gotta get those triple dip sales

True.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »

The release date for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim!

*crickets*

wVEsyIc.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    So I started playing P5! It's my first Fursona first Persona! (Well technically, I watched a let's play of P4G and 2 P5 playthroughs up through the third palace, but no further, I've just never actually played them)

I wanted to play this for a long time, despite not really being a JRPG guy ever. I actually almost bought a PS4 last year for my birthday, for P5 and Spider-Man (got a Switch instead, so yes hi I'm the bitter one that thought P5S would be a P5 port). But now, it's on PS Now, so I can play it on my PC with an Xbone controller and some somewhat shady third-party software to make it think that the back button is the touchpad button.
    Random, scattered thoughts, from just before the end of the fourth palace:
    Current Confidant Tier List (probably bad):
    • S: Ohya (tentative for now, if she starts being a creeper she's dropping)
    • A+: Ryuji (Was S-tier up until now but he's been a real perv lately, come on dude), Takemi (would be S-tier but the whole "selling experimental drugs to kids because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" is a little off-putting personally)
    • A: Sojiro, Kawakami (god I hope it doesn't get like super creepy, I know that it is pretty creepy), Ann (she's cool, currently who I'm planning on actually dating), No Good Tora (good, actually)
    • B: Yusuke (If it weren't for the whole "nude model for me or I'm calling the police" thing he would be at least A), Fortune Teller (making me drop 100k sucks ass but at least her path seems cool)
    • C: Igor, Mishima (nice but boring), Hifumi (still too early to seriously place but so far not impressed), Makoto (total cop, also I get tired of her always being the smartest one in the room)
    • D: Morgana (only out of F tier because I'm kinda interested in his whole mystery), Wardens (if there was any sort of assistance on how to actually get these fusions without spending 10s of thousands or looking it up online this would be a lot better but I still don't give a shit about them as characters)
    • F: Sae
    • Akechi: Akechi
    • Unranked because locking him behind level 4 guts is bullshit and I still haven't gotten there: Iwai

Other stuff
    • So far I really dig this game. The style, the music, the level design, all rad as hell. I'm playing on normal, and thought about bumping it up to hard until I finally started getting my ass beat in Kaneshiro's palace lol. It's not too hard, though sometimes the Mementos bosses wreck me out of nowhere.
    • Current main party is Ryuji, Ann, and Makoto, with swapping out Ann for Morgana and Ryuji for Yusuke as SP/resists dictate. I'm so glad that the backup members still get XP so I can actually use them.
    • 3 deaths so far, once to Madarame, once to a random enemy in Kaneshiro's palace that had Mamudo, once to the first miniboss in Futaba's palace while I was trying to conserve SP. I dunno if I'll bump it up to hard at all anymore.
    • Persona question: What's the point of all the physical attacker personas? Like 99% of the time I'd much rather be using elemental attacks for weaknesses, it just seems so redundant to have so many of them when I have Ryuji and Yusuke, and many of them seem bad. Like, I have Kin-Ki and Flauros but I never end up using them.
    • Speaking of Personas, so far my favorite is probably High Pixie, she carried me through two palaces lol

It's late, I can probably think of more stuff later but so far this game is pretty sick (PS please delete the gay rapists from the game and delete the person who wrote them)

Crippl3 on
    They could just hire Satomi Tadashi again, save him from writing all those crappy third-tier jrpgs.

wVEsyIc.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Kinda sorta?

Actual giant-ass Persona 5 Royal spoilers
    The Akechi who joins your party in the new content is a fake created by the protagonist's regret for how things went down.

This is actually the most interesting way they could have done this!

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If you still wanna play a game on your 3DS, Q2 is half-off at Best Buy ($19.99): https://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-q2-new-cinema-labyrinth-launch-edition-nintendo-3ds/6331736.p?skuId=6331736
    It's the launch edition, so you get some buttons with it.

I can't wait for the official Persona announcement tomorrow where we'll find out that Persona 5 Royal will be coming to the US around October 2020 and will never be coming on the Switch. Also, no news on Persona 5 Musou along with nothing on Shin Megami Tensei 5 or anything else.

March 31st, the fancy edition comes with a rad Joker mask

CYpGAPn.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    No sign of Switch

Madican wrote: »
    No sign of Switch
    It was never going to be on Switch

They would have announced it when they revealed P5R, or prior to the game actually being out in Japan

CYpGAPn.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    hmm

but where’s the switch version?

EzUAYcn.png
    I like ATLUS and all but they need to chill on this 2 week lead in to announce a date for a game that was already announced and is already out in Japan.

Do they think their target audience isn't already aware of all this stuff?

Especially when the target audience is waiting for a bunch of other shit that they keep not commenting on.

edited December 2019
    What are they waiting on?

The musou game? Cause they showed off a new trailer of that not too long ago.

I agree a countdown was maybe a little much but they were about as clear as they could be about it just being for the P5R release date while still keeping the whole ~mystique~

Folks just have unrealistic expectations for literally every Persona related announcement or news when Atlus is being pretty clear about what is actually happening

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    People are hopeful that the things they want will be addressed. ATLUS is fully aware of these desires and fans are equally fully aware that ATLUS is fully aware so they keep assuming that ATLUS isn't going to tease nothing but a release date 14 days in advance.

I'm sorry but I find that irritating. I keep trying to think "well, maybe ATLUS is doing something more than just being irritating again" but nope.

As to what people are waiting for, obviously a Switch version of Steambot Chronicles.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Only thing I'm waiting on is any news of SMT V

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Only thing I'm waiting on is any news of SMT V

Kaneko's busy. That broom closet won't organize itself.

wVEsyIc.png
    You know all of the outfits music and Persona dlc from Persona 5?

Royal doesn't include it. And they're selling it again. And you if you bought it for P5, you don't get to transfer it.

So, guess I'm holding out for the P5R Ultimate edition bundle (and a sale), because FUCK all that.

ZD98Zka.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    efksa9mr47bg.png

liEt3nH.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Royal doesn't include it. And they're selling it again. And you if you bought it for P5, you don't get to transfer it.

So, guess I'm holding out for the P5R Ultimate edition bundle (and a sale), because FUCK all that.

This is cartoonishly, comically greedy

wait, I heard the opposite, I thought that all of the DLC did transfer?

okay, according to huge-ass nerds Persona Central, it's all included and not being sold separately

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bo2wobsxuny0.png

liEt3nH.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    preordering the new collectors edition and oops I guess the yakuza 3/4/5 remaster physical collection too there goes my wallet

7yh4xczljsym.png