As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Removed

CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
edited September 2023 in Help / Advice Forum
Removed.

Caedwyr on

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fry's in Renton, I guess?

You're missing Black Friday by a mere week, so I suspect sales will be lacking.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Yeah, Fry's is gonna be your best bet. Their selection and prices are usually good.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Removed.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I don't know specifically about the one in Renton, but Fry's stores in general have become barren wastelands with very little product over the last year or so and it's looking a lot like they're going out of business.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Most stores have started their Black Friday deals already, the BF-specific "door buster" items are going to be a hard get anyway.

Check the following: Best Buy, Staples, Target, WalMart

You can also check Costco's website (try to get to the US site using Incognito Mode). If you find something at Costco that you'd like to purchase, you may need to call a manager at one of the Seattle stores and see if they can help you out, if you explain your situation. Costco does offer "cash cards" for sale, which is just a different term for a Costco GC. If you have a cash card, you can shop at the store like a normal member; however I don't know if you need a Costco member to buy one for you. Their laptop deals are actually pretty decent (good prices on lightweight laptops like the Lenovo X1 Carbon; though for that specific one, Lenovo has a good BF deal going right now), if you know what you want.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Is there a reason you don’t want to custom order online? Newegg has really good black friday sales that give you a lot more control in what you buy and how well its reviewed.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Cross border shipping is frequently outrageous shipping prices that makes it not worthwhile. Deals are often only available to Americans or if shipping to an American address.

Most online retailers try to arrange costs to encourage the use of the Canadian versions of their sites with the Canadian markups, but much more limited selection. It therefore makes sense to see if I can take advantage of sales for any big ticket item when I travel to the US for other business.

Edit: for example Newegg.com has a flip laptop on sale for $559 USD. With the exchange rate this is about $728 CAD. As soon as I try to ship to a Canadian address the price jumps to $925 CAD. This is common online retailer behaviour. I can bypass it in the case of downloadable software because I can generally put in any address (I like looking up the company's head office in the US and using that address).

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That makes sense.

Fry's is your best bet. They're super competitive and knowledgeable.