As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I can't believe Adam Cole is dead.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Stage 2 of 3 in The Passion of Adam Cole aka Adam Cole's Very Very Busy Weekend.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    That was a good wrestling program. Perfect length.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Cannot wait to watch this on Monday.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Per Joey Mercury's latest text exchange screencap post between himself and ROH GM Greg:

Flip Gordon screenshotted a Ticketmaster image of how little seats had been sold at a venue during a show at the time (June), called it "fucking embarrassing" and wondered why they're running such big venues they can't fill
    Greg wanted to ask Flip why he can't draw, in response to seeing it
    Greg offered a compromise of going back to 500-person venues with talent taking pay cuts and production being lessened in response to compensate; also running smaller venues "won't make us any bigger or better"
    Joey said Flip could draw if given a chance, Greg said Flip doesn't want to be there so why bother
    Joey responded that it's big picture thinking, compares it to the 4 times he argued Marty should have won the belt at MSG. Greg's response: they were afraid Marty would leave, and they knew Taven would stay, they just had trouble getting Taven over
    Of course you already know what happened between that month and today (November 23): Marty was already over (and consistently so), and Taven's contract expired and needed to be extended. Meanwhile Marty's still there and his deal doesn't expire until next Saturday

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    That post-match closeup of Britt Baker, though.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    AEW doesn't strike me as a company that's gonna give her shit for doing that, but it's probably good that Triple H went out and clarified that she had nothing to do with it anyways.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    These WWE/He-Man crossover toys can't be real

I must be having a stroke

https://youtu.be/gsb7-0pMRBU

https://youtu.be/cp2YNsg8nFc

https://youtu.be/s3n_CNqTnw8
    KEVIN OWENS IS BACK IN NXT AND I COULDNT BE MORE EXCITED

REALLY hope it's not just a one-off. Missing out on KO is one of my biggest regrets about quitting Raw and Smackdown, so having him in NXT on the regular would be fantastic.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    The post match interview makes it sound like it’s a one off :(

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

That's gotta be bull, there's no way they don't identify certain people in the crowd beforehand and it's not like she was way in the back or it was the first time she's been there.

That said, in what world would AEW be mad at her for that? Sounds more like WWE would be mad at one of their talent appearing elsewhere (hello Jimmy Jacobs) and are projecting their own petty inadequacies.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

That's gotta be bull, there's no way they don't identify certain people in the crowd beforehand and it's not like she was way in the back or it was the first time she's been there.

That said, in what world would AEW be mad at her for that? Sounds more like WWE would be mad at one of their talent appearing elsewhere (hello Jimmy Jacobs) and are projecting their own petty inadequacies.

TBF usually when a Takeover shows a wrestler in the crowd who isn't currently signed it's a hint saying "this is happening". I can see them wanting to make sure that everyone knew that wasn't the case this time.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

TBF usually when a Takeover shows a wrestler in the crowd who isn't currently signed it's a hint saying "this is happening". I can see them wanting to make sure that everyone knew that wasn't the case this time.

I would appreciate if WWE signed Britt from AEW, as an AEW viewer.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I would appreciate if WWE signed Britt from AEW, as an AEW viewer.

Yeah, but would WWE's schedule allow her to continue being a dentist. Did you know she's a dentist?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm watching War Games a day late but it's my first time watching wrestling and

I take back everything I've ever said about wrestling this is the most incredible thing I've ever seen literally the pinnacle of theater Sophocles can kiss my ass.

Hamlet ain't got shit on a giant woman randomly pulling kendos out from under a ring and beating the shit out of somebody with it.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Watching Survivor Series '11 to, how should I put it, reset my internal wrestling gauge before Survivor Series tonight.

Boy, this crowd certainly wants Zack Ryder. This is the weirdest crowd hijacking I've seen in a good long while.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

HE'S BAAAAAACK! Better than ever? That remains to be seen! Kefin and Jo learn all about the former executive producer of WCW and the man who says controversy creates cash, Eric Bischoff!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Watching Survivor Series '11 to, how should I put it, reset my internal wrestling gauge before Survivor Series tonight.

Boy, this crowd certainly wants Zack Ryder. This is the weirdest crowd hijacking I've seen in a good long while.

Ryder got himself over and the fans desperately wanted a push for him. For a while.

The WWE refused, stopped him doing his own show he used to get himself over, and continued to job him out. Then tried to cash in on his popularity years after they'd derailed it.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Kylie Rae finally addresses her departure from AEW

iamkylierae
    I don’t know how to start this and I can’t speak on other’s behalves. I can only speak for myself and what’s in my heart. I don’t know many rumors and honestly try to stay away from everything, obviously 😅. But here: nobody made me leave. AEW took my career to new levels and I’m beyond grateful for every opportunity and experience that has come along the way and wish nothing but the best. It’s a great group of people who truly love wrestling and just want everyone to succeed. I’ve always tried to be a good person but I make many mistakes along the way. I needed to get my mind, body, and soul right with God. I wish I had the answers but the truth is I don’t. We all go through obstacles in life and we may want all the answers but we don’t need them. It’s God’s plan and he has shown me what’s truly important in life and to find a blessing in every moment because in the blink of an eye, everything can be gone. So instead of bashing, let’s just love one another and appreciate what we have, or something like that lol sorry I’m awkward. 😂❤️🙏🏼

• Options
    Oh, also, Daniel Bryan got high on breathing and cut a bonkers promo on WWE Now (First 5 minutes):

https://youtu.be/pW6oZBnEnZE

• Options
    Good news, Adam Cole seems to be upright and living!

The Passion of Adam Cole continues tonight!

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular

We all wanted Zack Ryder.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Actually, I want to expand on this more.

The Dolph Ziggler - John Morris on match was brave long term booking the like of which I still can't comprehend.

They put on a match, at a PPV, that no one wanted to see just to deliberately rile the crowd up to setup a huge guaranteed home town pop for a run in after the match was done to setup the match people did want to see at the next PPV.

It was amazing how well they ha ndled rider in 2011 (when they finally pulled their finger out) and how bizarrely they then fucked it up and pissed it all away.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Ali corpsing and then catching himself, repeatedly, while Bryan talks is adorable.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

This really sucks. Luckily I got my ticket already.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Oh, also, Daniel Bryan got high on breathing and cut a bonkers promo on WWE Now (First 5 minutes):

this is really worth watching, don’t sleep on those first five minutes y’all

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Special shoutout to the low key 'you could have touted it.'

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    That tag match was really fun.

I hope they keep up the 'Triple Threat' rules for the 5v5 matches. So much better than '1v1 with one team gawping on the apron' setup.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    How is Smackdown up 1? Has there been another match besides the Tag and Cruiserweight ones?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    How is Smackdown up 1? Has there been another match besides the Tag and Cruiserweight ones?

SD won the tag Batttle Royale (Ziggler/Roode).

• Options
    This up up down down stream went places

Not my recap

To summarise:

Team Cesaro beat Team Kofi after a 2-2 tiebreaker of the Arm Wrestling game from Track&Field 2

Alexa Bliss then won the title in a four-way match of Brawlhalla

Tyler Breeze (who had showed up earlier pretending to be their GrubHub deliveryman) then appeared to challenge Alexa, and won.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Mustafa with the Tout reference

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Brock must be winning, he's not getting that early flight home.

EDIT: Ugh, they're all coming down to just their respective brand theme.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Brock must be winning, he's not getting that early flight home.

EDIT: Ugh, they're all coming down to just their respective brand theme.

On the positive side, that means more Slipknot.

Funny thing about this match, if the crowd chants "NXT", the only one they technically aren't chanting for is Natalya.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    C'moooooon Dana, papa pick'd you to get pinned first.

This discussion has been closed.