As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CSS borked? (Quote text color, quote box format, pictures)

jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovelsRegistered User regular
Looks like quote trees aren't working properly, and the little indicator that a thread has been read is no longer functional. Both Firefox and Chrome desktop.

jungleroomx on

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Looks like quote trees aren't working properly, and the little indicator that a thread has been read is no longer functional. Both Firefox and Chrome desktop.

Just as an example

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Just as an example

Who wants scrollbars?

jungleroomx on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The text looking a little different is fine I guess, but that scrollbar sucks and I hate it.

Edit: And now my signature is centered in its area down there? What's up with that?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The text looking a little different is fine I guess, but that scrollbar sucks and I hate it.

Edit: And now my signature is centered in its area down there? What's up with that?

All pictures are centering themselves

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

Disagree. Dark grey on light grey is hard to read.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It's grey on blue for mobile and Old School, so not as bad.

uyvfOQy.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's really hard to read replies even if they weren't h-scrolling like crazy.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hmm, threads in Tube's Circus also aren't getting marked as read for some reason? but they are still getting marked as read normally in SE++.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    It's also messing up my signature, and since the links are technically over the character limit, I'm not having any luck trying to fix it.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It's grey on blue for mobile and Old School, so not as bad.

I love the color in mobile actually. But that scroll is killing me. I horizontally scroll a quote almost more than I manage to properly scroll down the page. Maybe I'm just a lazy phone scroller....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    on ios/firefox my line returns are resulting in double spacing even though they look like single spacing in the editor and in quoting the post

i dunno

only making multiple lines here to show an example

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Dunno if it's in the same bucket but read posts tracking appears to be busted but only in new threads after about 8pm GMT (d&d chat is the first new thread I noticed it in). Threads I'd interacted with before (eg SE++ youtube) behave normally.

*e*
    Making a new post in thread seems to fix it?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    In addition to the stuff with quotes, all images seem to be suddenly centered
    nCZC1UJS5V81P.png

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Yeah. Centered and resized weirdly.

Imgur Huge thumbnail:

BbR3Nw3h.jpg

Imgur Large thumbnail:

BbR3Nw3l.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Every post is being doublespaced as well
    This is after one CR/LF, observe the spacing

This is after two.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've filed a ticket.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it's related to the picture centering issue but the new thread icon is too low

b5dwihnbihw7.png

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Also, it looks like the highlighting of read threads isn't working, which I'm assuming is another CSS issue?
    Thread's I was already reading before this happened are highlighted fine, but this one isn't even after I've read it:
    ka5ttd8eqsm6.png
    (This is after I've gone through the CSS thread, to be clear)

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    edited November 2019
    Dunno if it's in the same bucket but read posts tracking appears to be busted but only in new threads after about 8pm GMT (d&d chat is the first new thread I noticed it in). Threads I'd interacted with before (eg SE++ youtube) behave normally.

*e*
    Making a new post in thread seems to fix it?

test
    huh yeah you're right, but it then fails to update the read status again if more new posts happen until you make another post

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Vanilla's Userbase. Vanilla's Developers.
    bekh5w2dqcnt.jpg

(I jest. I know how hard this stuff is "building the plane, mid-flight, on fire, etc" - but still...)

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Additional information:
    The forum now seems to format a post with a linebreak as double spaced
    I typed this sentences with a single enter after each line
    And it comes out looking like this
    Win10/most recent chrome
    It's weird and ugly

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Additional information:
    The forum now seems to format a post with a linebreak as double spaced
    I typed this sentences with a single enter after each line
    And it comes out looking like this
    Win10/most recent chrome
    It's weird and ugly

and now after every post i can't figure out whether to go back and edit to change it
    or

not

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Also, quote trees can't collapse anymore. If there's a quote tree with like a dozen posts in it, they're all gonna be displayed in full and you can't hide them.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    The double line breaks are what's driving me crazy the most. Hope Vanilla fixes it :P (not that I have much hope before the holiday weekend)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I suspect we may all just learn to adjust. From a markup/css perspective, it's better to not have superfluous paragraphs/line breaks. Although typically, if it's intentional, it ought to appear that way in the reply box as well.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I suspect we may all just learn to adjust. From a markup/css perspective, it's better to not have superfluous paragraphs/line breaks. Although typically, if it's intentional, it ought to appear that way in the reply box as well.

I would highly disagree. The amount of issues that popped up all at the same time indicates an unintended consequence, perhaps due to us not having a standard CSS. I'm pretty sure the thread tracking is part of the issue, and also a weird bug I've seen where some videos error out when first loading and you have to reload it.

That said, if the support ticket Tube opened up comes back and says "everything is working as expected, pay us to fix things," then I can understand living with it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Looks like they are in the process of fixing things.

Double-spacing newlines is back to old behavior.

Image placement and quote trees are still borked.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Post tracking has been working for at least an hour or so, I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Post tracking has been working for at least an hour or so, I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything.

Can confirm. Clicking on the SE++ [GIF] thread (which I never have anything to add to but I always follow) now properly works with #latest and grays out, which implies to me that post tracking is good.

Yay! Progress!

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Athenor wrote: »

Cool. That's the only part that really irked me.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular

Cool. That's the only part that really irked me.

Quotes seem to be better!

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Quote trees were the biggest one for me, so that's a relief.

That leaves us with images being auto-centered and scaled, and I still think there's a related bug with embedded twitter posts having an error when playing video until you reload... but that might be me grasping at straws.

I haven't experienced this twitter video bug you're talking about

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    That leaves us with images being auto-centered and scaled, and I still think there's a related bug with embedded twitter posts having an error when playing video until you reload... but that might be me grasping at straws.

Videos in embedded tweets have always had buffering issues for me, could just be a particularly bad case of that (which I would think has nothing to do with Vanilla).

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

I think that's a Twitter problem as I get it across different sites.

Ironically it actually makes embedded Twitter videos behave better for me. They used to load at a terrible resolution and would skip a bunch of frames every couple seconds. Now after the reload they load and behave look most every other video content.

Carpy on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Also my signature still renders poorly. Line breaks are messed up still.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I might have done something locally (autoupdate) but it seems like a live update has reversed the color scheme on iOS mobile (safari) between the quoted text and regular text.

k38313bu30vj.png

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    definitely something weird going on with the fonts on the non-mobile stuff too

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Same has happened here. Also iOS safari

This discussion has been closed.