As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    As someone who only watched this game, I am very excited to watch him be played!

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I AM SO HYPE FOR BIG BRAIN SAD MOON BOI

everything about his aesthetic is perfect and I feel like they really read my mind here

his kit looks like maybe it's hard but maybe it's fine (I mean you choose a couple of weapons and don't even use E, right; this isn't invoker) and anyway as soon as he's released I plan to spend the rest of preseason feeding as him

amazing amazing

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see highlight videos of Iron players spectacularly failing to use this champ.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Like, they're putting Invoker in the fucking game. That's what this is, Invoker as an ADC. Just stupid.

Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I can't wait to see highlight videos of Iron players spectacularly failing to use this champ.

I actually don't think it'll be quite like that, although I need to just play this champ to see for sure

It seems like instead of being reflex-play, mechanics-intensive like yasuo, he has a single skill, and the 'big brain' part is about making sure you are using the right weapon at the right time. But regardless you're going to have an autoattack and some sort of skill, and they're all going to be useful, just maybe not optimal. So I think you won't see a lot of dramatic fail plays, just like, people using whatever weapon is at hand and ending up with a flamethrower that they are ineffectively burning a tank with instead of a cc weapon they are setting up a play with--or something like that.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

I actually don't think it'll be quite like that, although I need to just play this champ to see for sure

It seems like instead of being reflex-play, mechanics-intensive like yasuo, he has a single skill, and the 'big brain' part is about making sure you are using the right weapon at the right time. But regardless you're going to have an autoattack and some sort of skill, and they're all going to be useful, just maybe not optimal. So I think you won't see a lot of dramatic fail plays, just like, people using whatever weapon is at hand and ending up with a flamethrower that they are ineffectively burning a tank with instead of a cc weapon they are setting up a play with--or something like that.

you have 2/5 weapons available. You do not choose the weapon pairing you get, but you are told which weapon is coming next to replace. They rotate off when you use up all 50 ammo of it. Each Q ability applies the secondary effect of the off hand weapon. You swap weapons with W.

e.g. If you have rifle + graviton. The Rifle skill shot applies the mark (as per the ability to description) but also the slow effect of graviton. You then right click the mark to auto again. You can then swap to graviton, hit with Q, which will root and and mark (the passive of the off hand rifle you just swapped), this will let you then swap back to rifle and right click to hit the marked target again.

e.g. if you have chakram and rifle. You use charkram to plant turret. each hit from turret marks. You throw chakram and then swap to rifle. You can right click anyone hit by teh turret for extra damage no matter how far you walk from them.

There's a lot going on in working the passives.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Tcheldor wrote: »

you have 2/5 weapons available. You do not choose the weapon pairing you get, but you are told which weapon is coming next to replace. They rotate off when you use up all 50 ammo of it. Each Q ability applies the secondary effect of the off hand weapon. You swap weapons with W.

e.g. If you have rifle + graviton. The Rifle skill shot applies the mark (as per the ability to description) but also the slow effect of graviton. You then right click the mark to auto again. You can then swap to graviton, hit with Q, which will root and and mark (the passive of the off hand rifle you just swapped), this will let you then swap back to rifle and right click to hit the marked target again.

e.g. if you have chakram and rifle. You use charkram to plant turret. each hit from turret marks. You throw chakram and then swap to rifle. You can right click anyone hit by teh turret for extra damage no matter how far you walk from them.

I'm not saying there isn't; I'm saying you won't see big fail plays because (I think?) it's not a kit with a lot of mobility/flashy shit you can use to int on (like Pyke for example). Instead fail plays are like oh whoops you didn't proc the mark for extra damage; a good player would have gotten the kill and you instead just did like 60% the damage you should have.

I'm not saying there isn't; I'm saying you won't see big fail plays because (I think?) it's not a kit with a lot of mobility/flashy shit you can use to int on (like Pyke for example). Instead fail plays are like oh whoops you didn't proc the mark for extra damage; a good player would have gotten the kill and you instead just did like 60% the damage you should have.

you're probably right, but I'd expect the damage difference to (once they do some balance work and adjusting) to be probably more than that.

It's the type of thing where you see you have 10 ammo left on the chakram, know dragon is up soon, have graviton as your second weapon with 20 ammo, and know that rifle is next, and decide that you're going to get down to 1 ammo pre fight, use Q on chakram at the fight start, and then rifle it up, while the less good player won't do any prep work.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Just read the kit, it seems endlessly complicated . Cool but just way to out there for this game

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Like, they're putting Invoker in the fucking game. That's what this is, Invoker as an ADC. Just stupid.

I would argue that he's significantly more complex than Invoker, primarily due to having to actually manage ammo. Invoker gets described a lot as a character who's really complex but the reality is that you're not going to use every single spell he has, you just memorize the dial-a-combo for his good spells and use them as necessary.

That said, I also think he's less complicated than people think, because there's so much prep work required for his abilities that there's going to be a lot of times on the map when you're at like 40 on one weapon and 30 on another and you're just not equipped with the ability to do any planning. At the end of the day he's a marksman, he can only store ammo for so long before he has to spend it just on general last hitting. I suspect what will usually happen is people will have an offhand primed at low ammo count that has a good Q, and then will just have to cycle through the rest of their weapons doing general laning, taking advantage of what they can when they can.

liEt3nH.png
    Sprout wrote: »

I would argue that he's significantly more complex than Invoker, primarily due to having to actually manage ammo. Invoker gets described a lot as a character who's really complex but the reality is that you're not going to use every single spell he has, you just memorize the dial-a-combo for his good spells and use them as necessary.

That said, I also think he's less complicated than people think, because there's so much prep work required for his abilities that there's going to be a lot of times on the map when you're at like 40 on one weapon and 30 on another and you're just not equipped with the ability to do any planning. At the end of the day he's a marksman, he can only store ammo for so long before he has to spend it just on general last hitting. I suspect what will usually happen is people will have an offhand primed at low ammo count that has a good Q, and then will just have to cycle through the rest of their weapons doing general laning, taking advantage of what they can when they can.

Qs take ammo too. I think It’ll be about finding what combo plays you can make with each pairing, seeing which is next and trying to tale advantage of the window when the transition is occurring.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Can we talk about TFT here? I was Gold 2 last season - here's what I'm feeling right now.

Berserkers - garbage except as buffer for predators to get shots off, but still garbo
    Crystal/Warden/Ranger - top 4 guaranteed if you can get the Taric, otherwise rough going.
    6 Light - fun and versatile, give it a run. It's cool and works into top 4.

But I have placed top 4 in 4 of my last five, with three 1st place wins, building:

Syndra start if possible, otherwise any ocean.
    Build to Ocean 2 with Thresh, Naut, or Vlad, pick up Zyra top priority, then Taliyah, Azir, Malz if possible.
    Buy oceans when you get them. Either go Warden 2 with Naut/Thresh or Mage 3 with Tal/Vlad/Synd.
    Midgame you should be at Ocean 4 with Naut/Synd/Vlad/Thresh, with Tal for Mage 3. Until then, run Mage 3 and a summoner, preserve your Ocean.
    Buy if/when you can: Azir, Annie, Brand, Malz

Lategame target:
    Naut/Thresh for Warden 2.
    Vlad/Synd for your core of Warden 2/Ocean 4.
    A mage, either Brand or Taliyah, for Mage 3. Ignore Viegar especially, he's too high priority for other Mage comps. The Naut/Taliyah CC annoyance is great, but Brand is vicious.
    Summoner 3. If you have Zyra, go Annie and look for a Brand to replace your Tal and get Inferno 3. If you don't, feel free to mix Azir/Annie with either Malz, Yorick, or Zed. Ditch a Malz for Yorick at the first chance.

Champs to Avoid:
    Do not be tempted by Malphite/Tal Mountain sets - Annie's Tibbers is a better damage sponge and a 3rd Warden isn't worth spending a slot that should belong to another Summoner. Do not buy Janna, she offers you nothing. Nami could be interesting instead of a 4th summoner in the very lategame, it's worth a try. Ditch a Malz for Yorick at the first chance.

Items - get a zephyr if you can. Morellos or anything that applies on-hit effects from spells (Spear is another great one) will get proc'd by the summons, so you can spread burns across the board with Zyra Morello, or with Spears you can summon fucktons of minions. Focus mage items on the summoners, not the mages. Mages are mostly there for the mana boost that Ocean 4 gives you, which just enables even more summons. If you end up with two spatulas, add another Summoner or a Lux with synergy.

Depending on what comes available and when, you can absolutely dominate or just scrape out the win, but once you hit 2-star summoners there's little that can stand in your way. Thresh will shield off most Predator builds and Preds will waste attacks on the scads of Malz/Yoric minions as they get picked off. Even lifesteal Olaf or 3-star Nasus builds can't sustain through the damage. Veigar can't explode enough people, assassins can't kill you fast enough even with a powerful Khazix, Rangers can't DPS or focus champs successfully enough to live.

Challenges:
    Galacial comps will make you sweat. Warden/Predator/Galacial needs smart setups to resist, especially once Olaf gets fat. Poison comps with Singed are also surprisingly annoying, but they really need to invest in the Singed to make it work. Avatar builds are very hard to beat, consider ditching a summoner for Zed if you can get him, just to handle the Lux.

spool32 on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Honestly, I kind of like him? It's interesting to see a marksman who's actually focused on auto attacks instead of just being a mage in disguise.
    It's been ages since I've touched DOTA, but I'm reminded a bit of Sniper? Just like a giant ball of passives.
    And he's totally going to get a Gun God skin isn't he. (Like MF's.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't know if i would describe a character that can sling 4 Qs in rapid succession as focused on autos :P

liEt3nH.png
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    We already have auto attack focused champions though. My favorite part of the article is this statement:

You go to lane, farm minions, forget about the mini map, die a bunch, maybe get a kill or two, and build items. The abilities change, but the overall gameplay is familiar.

Because that's not an intentionally vague statement that means nothing.

butts
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    We already have auto attack focused champions though. My favorite part of the article is this statement:

You go to lane, farm minions, forget about the mini map, die a bunch, maybe get a kill or two, and build items. The abilities change, but the overall gameplay is familiar.

Because that's not an intentionally vague statement that means nothing.

It’s an ADC designed by people who despise ADCs.

CertainlyT already gave us Kalista though.

butts
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Casual Eddy, more like SLOW Eddy.

It's their attempt to put something interesting in the ADC space. We'll see how it goes.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I saw it was already linked I just wanted to reference it!

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Reminder that Clash is supposed to be back the next two weekends. Assemble teams accordingly.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Holy shit Aphelios is craaaazy. Saw a Heimer-style turret gank, made it look easy.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
    edited December 2019
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Reminder that Clash is supposed to be back the next two weekends. Assemble teams accordingly.

I do not actually understand when the games are! Why is it so hard to read the interface? Does it start today or this weekend?

edit--ok looks like it is saturday and sunday nights; not sure how I missed that

credeiki on
    I do not actually understand when the games are! Why is it so hard to read the interface? Does it start today or this weekend?

edit--ok looks like it is saturday and sunday nights; not sure how I missed that

I agree the interface is a little wonky. Going to provide additional clarification as it might help others.

Each of four tiers (corresponding to MMR, basically) has a different lock-in window; Tier IV begins at 5:00 pm PST (using this because it's what Riot's on? I don't really know why otherwise) Saturday / Sunday evening. You can lock in at any time between then and 7:00 pm PST and a bracket will begin forming. The other tiers start later in increments of 30 minutes, so Tier III is at 5:30, Tier II at 6, and Tier I at 6:30. Most people tend to lock on the earlier end of their time slot, so it is advised to aim for the early end.

I would assume these times will be pretty similar next weekend, but we'll see. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Riot change things up.

As best as I can tell, unlike the previous tournaments, you can play in different teams for each day of the beta, so in theory this means up to 4 different teams if you're that sociable a person / want to ruin games for 4 different friend groups.

I feel like I should type more but can't think of anything else to say.

Me elsewhere:
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    I'd like to play support for a team Sunday. If any one needs one, i'm good to go...

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    Woah. All-stars starts tonight.

I almost missed that completely.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Anybody looking to play Clash? We've got a spot or two on a team

I’m looking for a clash team for Sunday. Support main. IGN GiG4W4TT, sorry for the @sshole spelling, my usual callsign was taken

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, heck, if anyone needs a support for Clash on NA, let me know.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    All I can find are supports. My team has 3 already

Moridin889 wrote: »
    All I can find are supports. My team has 3 already

Just run Nautilus, Ivern, Karma, Senna, and Pyke. Easy-peasy.

Me elsewhere:
  • 8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Lookin for a clash team as well. I'm around S1/G4 level of play, typically play Top and Support (mostly top) though. IGN is "Mad Spooky"

OK! Ima be proactive. First 4 to respond, LF Top, Mid, JG, ADC, I'll create a team for Sunday's CLASH. IDC aboot rank, I just want to compete. As a LoL'er I just want to do this thing....( ina pinch I'll go ToP if that means CLASHING) GiG4W4TT is my IGN. "surf's up"...... (I'll update the teams status on these PA forums)

anyone still looking for a Clash team?

Clash was extremely enjoyable! We went 1-1. The thing is, my team (Plat 4, Gold 4 (but plat flex), Gold 4 (but plat/diamond, just only played his placements), Plat 1, Silver 2) was Tier 4. There are only 4 tiers! What the fuck does Clash do for a team that's only bronze and iron people? If 75% of the playerbase is gold and below, why on earth does Tier 4 go up to high plat! I can't imagine the experience is at all enjoyable if you are bronze and roll in with your bronze and silver bros. The two teams we faced were mid silver, mid silver, diamond 4, mid gold, mid gold (we won) and low gold, mid plat, mid plat, mid plat, low plat (we very lost). What was the second team doing in tier 4...

Well, maybe they'll do some analytics and make another tier for next round, because even though higher elo people might be somewhat more likely to be interested in organized play and to be able to pull together a team, that's definitely not a given, and I would imagine they'd like to make the experience accessible and fun for everyone.

edited December 2019
    ...also I just played a normals game as CSing Zyra botlane with Senna support and while it's probably not a thing, I did go 8 and 0 so...I mean are we sure it's not a thing? I would love to bring it in situations where the rest of my team is AD, or just to bring something different. I think it needs a poke support because your autos are just kinda small so you have problems both csing and harassing at the same time early.

I mean mostly I'm just angry the game won't let me cs as support anymore

I got hit with the minion gold reduction today as Janna! So rude >:[ I was split pushing >:[

credeiki on
    ...also I just played a normals game as CSing Zyra botlane with Senna support and while it's probably not a thing, I did go 8 and 0 so...I mean are we sure it's not a thing? I would love to bring it in situations where the rest of my team is AD, or just to bring something different. I think it needs a poke support because your autos are just kinda small so you have problems both csing and harassing at the same time early.

I got hit with the minion gold reduction today as Janna! So rude >:[ I was split pushing >:[

3 waves every 5 minutes.

It's generous :P.

Mage bot is perfectly fine.

butts
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

3 waves every 5 minutes.

It's generous :P.

also does it even hit you once you have the second part of the quest complete and you aren't getting gold anymore?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche