As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TV] is the only parent I ever knew

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have been slowly watching Deadwood for the first time since this summer. Like one or two episode a week whenever I am jogging on the treadmill. It is amazing for keeping my focus and distracting me from my crap body. I am nearing the end of the series and am sad. I need to find another show like it that I haven't seen before.

Just jump into Justified afterwards if you need more angry Timothy Olyphant!

I've already watched Justified.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Not enough people have Dawn on their lists.

For shame!

I thought about it. I'm a big Dawn fan, but I also deeply dislike seasons 6 and 7, so it gets complicated.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Whoops!

Buffy:
    1. Anya
    2. Glory
    3. Drusilla
    4. Ethan Rayne
    5. Jonathan
    6. Angelus
    7. Giles
    8. Joyce
    9. Mayor Richard Wilkins III
    10. Cordelia

Angel:
    1. Wesley Wyndham-Pryce
    2. Doyle
    3. Lindsey
    4. Drusilla
    5. Darla
    6. Lilah
    7. Gunn
    8. Lorne
    9. Merl
    10. Groosalugg

Combined:
    1. Wesley Wyndham-Pryce
    2. Anya
    3. Drusilla
    4. Darla
    5. Glory
    6. Doyle
    7. Faith
    8. Lindsey
    9. Harmony
    10. Lilah

Fuckin Harmony. I loved that they were very loayal to what should have normally been bit parts. Like harmony is basically a throw away side character from the pilot of buffy that makes it all the way to last episode of angel, and it's just delightful.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Harmony is probably the biggest beneficiary of the shared universe stuff.

Like, I also have Faith exclusively on my combo list, and Darla and Dru both moved up some places in the combination process.

But Harmony is such a good continual reuse and repurposing of a stock character, she's fantastic.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Whats everybody talkin about

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Whats everybody talkin about

The original run of Beverly Hills 90210.

What do you mean original run

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    You know, from back in the 1990s, with that one guy from that Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie that didn't do super great at the box office, Luke Perry.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    F

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I like that movie it sucks but I like it

I like that movie it sucks but I like it

The big bad vampire dying at the end makes me laugh my arse off every single time.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I remember a comic I follow on Twitter tweeting (and then deleting because she doesn't want to hurt her career) that working on SNL right now sounds miserable because Jost spends most of his time in his mansion in the Hamptons and isn't an active part of the writer's room and frequently sends edits or sketch ideas last minute which the writers have to scramble with

Which

Explains a lot

Wow, being a head writer on SNL pays pretty well, huh?

His, uh, fiance does okay for herself.

Just Googled this. Between him and Jason Sudekis I need to get into comedy and/or on to SNL. There's also the fellow married to Christina Hendricks.

RE: Buffy. I feel like The Trio doesn't get enough recognition.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Where's all the Khajiit?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    ED! wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I remember a comic I follow on Twitter tweeting (and then deleting because she doesn't want to hurt her career) that working on SNL right now sounds miserable because Jost spends most of his time in his mansion in the Hamptons and isn't an active part of the writer's room and frequently sends edits or sketch ideas last minute which the writers have to scramble with

Which

Explains a lot

Wow, being a head writer on SNL pays pretty well, huh?

His, uh, fiance does okay for herself.

Just Googled this. Between him and Jason Sudekis I need to get into comedy and/or on to SNL. There's also the fellow married to Christina Hendricks.

RE: Buffy. I feel like The Trio doesn't get enough recognition.

I love the Trio and I wish they had gotten an actual season devoted to them as Big Bads. I know a lot of other folks like the way that Season 6 shakes out, but I am decidedly not a fan - it's got a couple of good episodes and little else for me.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    RE: Buffy. I feel like The Trio doesn't get enough recognition

Like much of season six, I like the theory of them more than I like the execution

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Christian Kane needs to be in more things.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The other week in the mall episode of Bob's Burgers they made that joke about how the sign knows You Are Here using GPS and I laughed, but then I remembered how when I was a kid it took me years to realize they just stick the dot in the place they put the sign instead of using magic.

steam_sig.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Of the mains, Buffy was my least favorite character.

sig.gif
    I like Buffy a whole lot more than I like Willow, personally

I do not like that Joss Whedon character wherever she shows up though

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Christian Kane needs to be in more things.

He's going to be on Supernatural!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Only like 14 seasons too late

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    For those who haven't seen it, Paul Reubens reprises the vampire he played in the Buffy movie in an episode of the What We Do in Shadows TV series.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    For those who haven't seen it, Paul Reubens reprises the vampire he played in the Buffy movie in an episode of the What We Do in Shadows TV series.

That scene should have gotten an honorable Emmy or something.

Just my God.

Dark Greetings, all.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I like Buffy a whole lot more than I like Willow, personally

I do not like that Joss Whedon character wherever she shows up though

I like Willow in spite of the way she is written, because I find Alyson Hannigan charming

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    We showed the shirtless Chidi pic to someone who was watching early Good Place episodes and she made it her lock screen inside of five minutes.

Definitely funny to watch William Jackson Harper be both aware and super bashful of that fact that a whole lot of people want to bang him.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    That’s fucked

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Uh

Merry Christmas to me

CYpGAPn.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    CASTLEVANIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    What is a Christmas?

A miserable little pile of tinsel.

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    We showed the shirtless Chidi pic to someone who was watching early Good Place episodes and she made it her lock screen inside of five minutes.

Definitely funny to watch William Jackson Harper be both aware and super bashful of that fact that a whole lot of people want to bang him.

… I'm using it.

Just gold!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Mr. G wrote: »

What is that post?

A miserable pile of secrets.

Because whatever you linked is gone now.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Netflix Nordic incorrectly tweeted that Castlevania season 3 was coming next week

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Netflix Nordic incorrectly tweeted that Castlevania season 3 was coming next week

wait when is it actually coming out

y u krush muh dreemz

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Okay team, time to go storm Netflix Nordic with torches and pitchforks

I presume they are based out of some storied castle

CYpGAPn.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    We talkin' about the Baba Yaga in here?

Cristoval wrote: »
    We talkin' about the Baba Yaga in here?

If only

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.