As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• failedninjafailedninja Registered User regular
    Xerink wrote: »
    Edit: Here is a list of Realizable weapons for December:
    Kuja, Lilisette, Agrias, Faris, Rem, Machina, Y'shtola, Lyse, Locke, Celes, Vaan, Basch.

Any opinions on how good these are versus Ultimecia?
    I'm a 6 and 14 fan so Lyse, Y'shtola, Locke, and Celes are appealing, but I keep hearing Ultimecia's name come up on reddit.

• XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Xerink wrote: »
    Edit: Here is a list of Realizable weapons for December:
    Kuja, Lilisette, Agrias, Faris, Rem, Machina, Y'shtola, Lyse, Locke, Celes, Vaan, Basch.

Any opinions on how good these are versus Ultimecia?
    I'm a 6 and 14 fan so Lyse, Y'shtola, Locke, and Celes are appealing, but I keep hearing Ultimecia's name come up on reddit.

Fully Realized Y'shtola becomes an amazing healer/support, but she really needs to 3/3 her EX+ weapon. I know that there are JP players that made Lyse work but I don't know enough about her kit right now to give any sort of opinion on her.

Celes becomes a much more capable offensive tank with her rework and Realization. She still is best against magic-oriented bosses, but she gets enough tools to become viable in other situations too. Locke gets bigger damage numbers with his Realization, so he mostly remains the same as a damage dealer with some party utility in healing and auras.

Out of the characters you mentioned, I think Y'shtola and Celes are the better units, but neither is really comparable to Ultimecia who is an offensive mage with gravity-based BRV shave attacks and 100% AoE damage in her kit.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Heh, I did Garland Chaos with +0/3 Wol, +3/3 Garland, and Ramza. Got 600k points in 62 turns... and took 5040 damage, lol. Too many paralyzes on my team, she got off one more BRV+HP attack on WoL and even after using his Ex he didn't quite heal enough.

If I went back and got the HP goal for a Complete, I'd get 3 tickets. I'm probably fine not spending the time doing that seeing how as I've been neglecting Leviathan almost entirely.

Rius on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I tried Garland Chaos with +0/3 WoL, +3/3 Cloud, and Setzer (for the turn delay), but around half health it one shot cloud after a paralyze. I don't think I have the firepower to take it down. I tried to get Garland's EX with tickets, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Got a last minute clear on Garland Chaos (3/3 Cloud, unrealized WoL, 3/3 Garland) by throwing 100 gems. I maybe could've rationed it better or planned out the battle better, but I was just trying to get it done, and wasn't prepared for the insane buffs it got as the fight wore on. WoL starting to plink for 1 on BRV hits, pretty heavily hampering Meteors and Garland EX. But hey, got the mats.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Free pull + 6 more yielded:
    3 Paine 15s
    1 Paine 35
    2 Squall 15s
    1 Ace 15
    1 Lion 15
    4 Ulti 15s
    1 Ulti 35
    1 Ulti EX

Didn't have to pity pull, woo hoo! Got enough to pity pull the next meta character, whoever that is.

Oh and a few random tickets before the new content snagged me Deuce EX. Unfortunately, yet another character I don't have a 35 for. A project for another time.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Free pull got me Ulti EX and I used the 5k I saved at one last-ditch effort and got Krile's EX as well. This could be a good week of content clearing.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I've decided I'm going to skip this particular meta character. I have most of the other top characters right now, I should be fine.

Free pull plus two 5ks and a couple dozen tickets got me 3x 15 and 2x 35. I'm going to stop there because triple 1/11s and I've already got Squall EX, plus I tried Ultimecia as a friend unit and I hate her S1 sound effects.

Plus for magical attackers I've already got Serah, Yuna, Deuce, Terra, etc. Think I'm going to save for Lillisette or something.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Got Ultimecia EX on tickets and 3/3 realized her and Squall

I was planning on pitying so now I have 210k gems lol

I've been having a bad streak of luck going in fits and starts at characters' EX. Threw about 35k gems and 30 tickets at Ultimecia, and got a whole lot of her 15 (4x) and 35 (3x) and like a bajillion (its a technical term) of Paine's 15. But now I'm back down to broke, so I think I'm tapping out of her banner.

Currently not in a great spot for Chaos stuff since my only good dps (i.e. realized) right now is Cloud, so if stuff can't go down with WoL and Cloud, and a third then I don't have many options. Is it worth putting resources into Ulti if she doesn't have her EX?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Is it worth putting resources into Ulti if she doesn't have her EX?

Probably not, isn't her HP+ tied to the EX? There's no way she lasts long enough in a serious fight without that. Not to mention she doesn't even get the free turn gimmick without the EX. Doesn't bring anything to the table at that point.

There are a number of factors for why Ultimecia is not worth using if you don't have her EX+, some of which Fry covered above. Along with her HP+ and free turns being tied to her EX, other factors include that Ulti's abilities are not actually that strong on their own so she needs the stats and unique buff from her EX ability. Also, at 3/3 EX+ Ultimecia gets a free ability use with ever EX cast which dramatically increases her combat longevity.

Speaking with some JP players, Ultimecia had so much staying power for a number of reasons: free turns, free ability uses, gravity-based BRV shave, BRV gain based on Atk (Cloud gets this too), and a unframed Def+Sap debuff. Her damage per action is not anything amazing, but these other factors make her amazing.

In general, all characters going forward need their EX weapon and it needs to be Realized for that character to be useful for Chaos fights. The number of limit breaks you need beyond that will depend on the kit, but expect more and more often that you will also want 3/3 EX+.

Finally did CHAOS Leviathan with the extremely meta team of WoL EX+ 0/3, Cloud EX+ 3/3, Sherlotta EX, and a Quistis friend. I had some luck; Leviathan got back to back turns early but WoL evaded a 22k HP attack, and then I got a Paralyze proc at the very end of the fight where things could have been messy otherwise.

I initially went in with Garland, laughed at Leviathan's insane BRV gain, tried to bring Bartz and then laughed at the latter hitting for ~800 damage with Doublehand. So I went in with the meta.

The fish of darkness (Cloud of Fishness?) enemies are just a bit much on Chaos difficulty. Only way to hurt them seems to be gravity attacks, and that doesn't completely get the job done. Then they are happy to recover from break and hit someone for 18k. :/

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Fry wrote: »
    The fish of darkness (Cloud of Fishness?) enemies are just a bit much on Chaos difficulty. Only way to hurt them seems to be gravity attacks, and that doesn't completely get the job done. Then they are happy to recover from break and hit someone for 18k. :/

Yeah, I pretty much had to revive 3 times. They seem to force you to use EX Ultimecia to deal with their Aqua skill.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited December 2019
    Dimensions end Pathos cleared 7/7

Got to flex my entire relevant roster

Hardest stages for me were 5 (Cloud/WoL/Selphie Brothers) and of course 7 (Ultimecia/Sherlotta/Serah Ramuh)

Now my 3/3 realized characters are Cloud Squall Krile Ace and Ultimecia with enough ingots to max Agrias and Y'shtola

Beasteh on
    I don't think I've missed any, and I still have some content to do, but I look at that list and wonder if I'm missing some books or ingots somewhere 'cause I've got two weapons at 3/3 and enough books/ingots to do... two more? I guess I'm not that far off.

Am I missing something or did all of those realizations take a metric ton of orbs and cash? I've only done one full realization, but if I try another that wipes out about half my cash and orbs.

I guess once we get more EX orbs it'll be fine but I barely have many at all? Hmm, did I not get some perhaps?

Realizations, and combining all those pages and nuggets into books and ingots, takes a ton of resources. Use the holiday Gil boosters on golden cactuars. If you need upgrade orbs, use holiday item boosters on winter multiplayer, it drops a ton of tokens you can convert to orbs.

edited December 2019
    Bleh, having a heck of a time dealing with the eyeballs in tier 4 of Pathos. Had to bring in WoL to keep from getting murdered by Supercell. Probably going to cause problems further along the chain. :/

Edit: at Rius, there are quite a few ingots up for grabs in the last few rounds of Pathos

Fry on
    Finally fully Realized Cloud's EX weapon. Don't have enough tokens to MLB his second armor though.

Next on the EX+ agenda: WoL, and then Tidus. Both have been Realized, but I'm a long way from maxing either of them.

IKknkhU.gif
    WoL doesn't gain a lot from limit breaks on his EX+. I am not in any rush to put ingots into him.

Tidus would definitely appreciate getting two ingots, though.

Fry wrote: »
    WoL doesn't gain a lot from limit breaks on his EX+. I am not in any rush to put ingots into him.

Tidus would definitely appreciate getting two ingots, though.

Ah, good to know

Glad I didn't invest too much into WoL's Realization yet.

IKknkhU.gif
    Keep in mind a bunch of new weapon Realizations are coming very soon. I'm considering investing heavily in Kuja to help me with Tier 6 of Pathos once he gets his rework.

I completed Tier 5 last night, but I had to use my WoL and Cloud to get through it. I will have to go back and check who is locked so far. If I already used Ramza on an earlier tier I'll have to unlock him to help with 6.

edited December 2019
    Got a clear on Ultimecia Chaos with Ace 2/3, WoL 0/3, Sherlotta, friend Sherlotta. Way over the turn count, though. I will probably put Squall to 3/3 and have some more tries at it.

Edit: woo, got a complete with Squall 3/3, WoL 0/3, Sherlotta, friend Ultimecia, Shiva. Squall does a staggering amount of damage with synergy and Sherlotta's HP damage buff.

I had to use WoL on Pathos 4. Took several tries, but I got Pathos 5 with Cloud 3/3, Tidus 0/3, and Ramza. Think I want to use some combination of Sherlotta, Krile, Ace, Serah for Pathos 7. Probably Squall and Garland for Pathos 6, but not sure who I want to support them with.

Fry on
    So, after I said I'd bounce on Ultimecia, I turned around and made a liar out of me. I did one 10+1 pull after I got my weekly gem login reward, and out popped her EX! So, yay for convincing myself I didn't need it! ;)

So, I used the mats I have to max out her weapon, so now I have both Cloud and Ultimecia's weapons maxed out, and WoL sitting at +0/3. Now I just need to figure out how to use her. For most stuff, I just start with Hells Wrath(sp?), and then blades. If I run low on uses, I mix in maelstrom before HP++. Is there a particular trick to using her?

From what I have seen, Ultimecia does seem pretty straightforward. HP+ and Protean Swords to build stacks, Hell's Wrath to put a DEF debuff and sap on targets. EX whenever it's up for a bajillion free turns and a truckload of damage. Free ability use after using the EX, should probably be Wrath most of the time. Use her c65 ability either right before EX or on the last turn of the Time Kompression (when I imagine you will be most likely to want to use HP++)

For her event, you want to be able to Hell's Wrath (or Maelstrom, I guess) after the enemies use Aqua Power for massive self BRV gain and invisible BRV damage reduction until broken. You may want to save your EX to help with that, just to make sure you have enough turns to chew through all of that BRV, because if the enemies are unbroken at the start of their next turn after Aqua Power, they will dunk on you and it will probably one-shot somebody.

Also, I've been saving the orbs (spheres? I forget what they're called) I've gotten from Cloud and Ultimecia since I'm not really a big fan of either, and they seem like they're going to be a continually rare resource (are there other ways to get orbs in Japan outside of MLBing realized weapons?). Have you been saving them? Or do you guys think that the payoff from using them (easier to get upgrade mats by clearing chaos levels) makes them not worth hoarding them?

Spheres are megalixirs, and you can't go around using those, can you?

JP "Infiltration Report" has just recently revealed more details about the Sphere Crafting system which is now close to arriving for them. Apparently craftable spheres will not be as strong as spheres obtained from a weapon getting maximized. So, still megalixirs. :X

so, just like in FF6, I'll eventually stop playing this game, and I'll have like 30 spheres saved up when I stop playing ;)

New content is up. Apologies for more stupid luck:

2 pulls got me a couple of dupes, Kuja 35, and Lilisette EX.
    1 pull on the other banner got a dupe and Lenna EX.

Big wins there, plenty of gems to save for....hmm, Faris?

Now I really need to start working harder to get resources.

Yeah well I got Lilisette's EX in five tickets soooo

68 tickets for Kuja EX

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    110 tickets and 30K gems and I got 2 Kuja EX's. Still need his 35cp weapon. I wanted Lilisette's, EX since I actually have her developed and have been waiting for this, but whatever. Time to grind those damn espers again for Kuja...

edited December 2019
    ~100 tickets got me both Lenna and Zidane's EX weapons, plus fully limit-broken 15 cp weapons for Lenna and Zidane (and, like, half limit-broken 35 cp weapons).

On a totally unrelated note, uh, how do y'all get the materials to upgrade all your cool new toys? Because my red gems are wiped out from fully maxing Cloud's EX+.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    I got Lili EX in 150 tickets (and 3 Kuja EX but I already had him)

600k on Soul Cage CHAOS, WoL 3/3 Ulti 3/3 Lili 1/3 Sheer Lotter friend Ramuh summon

Ugh, I'm such an idiot. I meant to use a ticket but did a full gem draw by mistake. And only got a useless 15 out of it.

But I'm also a lucky idiot, since 10 tickets netted me an extra Palom 35, Kuja 15, and ultimately Kuja EX. Yay for being a dumb!

Multiplayer with two Kriles in the same party is kinda silly.

edited December 2019
    Stilts wrote: »
    ~100 tickets got me both Lenna and Zidane's EX weapons, plus fully limit-broken 15 cp weapons for Lenna and Zidane (and, like, half limit-broken 35 cp weapons).

On a totally unrelated note, uh, how do y'all get the materials to upgrade all your cool new toys? Because my red gems are wiped out from fully maxing Cloud's EX+.

If you're serious about how to get upgrade materials for Realized weapons, the answer is a couple of ways:

1) Whenever you Realize a new weapon, it rewards you with an ingot to perform 1 limit break.

2) Clearing Chaos stages rewards 5 nuggets for a weapon ingot and 10 nuggets for a armor ingot. You need 20 nuggets in order to refine an ingot.

3) The holiday Chocobo Panel Missions have been rewarding enough nuggets per board to refine an ingot.

Ingots are and will remain a rare commodity going forward, so think about how you are using them.

Edit: A fourth resource is making progress in Dimension's End: Pathos. You can get a lot of ingots through that process.

Xerink on