As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I didn't get a lore drop from Eris today, that's odd. Did anyone else have this happen?

I didn’t get one either.

How many do you two have? I haven't visited Eris yet today and I'm missing two, which makes sense. One this week, one the final week of the season.

you're actually a week ahead. something happened early on in the season that meant an extra tab unlocked early. there are 11 pages, only 10 weeks in the season.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I didn't get a lore drop from Eris today, that's odd. Did anyone else have this happen?

I didn’t get one either.

How many do you two have? I haven't visited Eris yet today and I'm missing two, which makes sense. One this week, one the final week of the season.

I’m missing one.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

I didn’t get one either.

I’m missing one.
    Then you're on track :+1:

EDIT:
    Wraith260 wrote: »

I didn’t get one either.

you're actually a week ahead. something happened early on in the season that meant an extra tab unlocked early. there are 11 pages, only 10 weeks in the season.
    That would be annoying

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    I can confirm that I just talked to Eris and got the 10th Lore page: "The Wager" so I'm still on track to finish with the season

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I bought shadowkeep on sale just to see the moon. beat my head on the leviathan's breath strike and ultimately failed. Maaaay get my ilvl up more before trying that again. Just barely past 900 and staying alive was a nightmare. Had 3 more teammates cycle through after many failed attempts, none of us could beat it. Fun though! I just ... I want that bow.
    It took me about ten hours over the course of four days to find the magical combination that finally got through it. Many MANY failed attempts. When I finally won it I actually keyed my mic to thank the people that carried me and they both had similar storiesa about dozens of attempts. So it clearly wasn't a carry... it just finally worked out.

It's a great bow and worth the effort. It certainly changed my entire game experience!

26904.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I can confirm that I just talked to Eris and got the 10th Lore page: "The Wager" so I'm still on track to finish with the season

This confuses me in that I could have sworn I didn't miss any entries this season and I'm only at 9.
    Clearly I must have missed an entry somewhere then? But I thought i made it a point to visit her every week, so now I am confused.

Ah well, it only means being a week behind I suppose.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, I am so bad at sniping, I'm having a harder time getting Revoker than I did with Not Forgotten.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Okay, so I'm at 10/11 and I guess they're arbitrarily holding it back so that we all get page 11 at the same time? But do leakers already have the last page out there? Plus, Truth to Power's last page was probably the worst one. So I won't get my hopes up too high just yet.

• Options
    Managed a 1-phase of the 3rd GoS encounter without any golden guns. Divinity, two wells, two bubbles, a tether, and 3 oppressive grenades. I’m gonna miss that mod next season.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm guessing they'll just swap the mods dmg affinity. So like, Oppressive Electrical Shock and maybe instead of Arc Battery it's Soul of Darkness or Combustion Engine.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I'm guessing they'll just swap the mods dmg affinity. So like, Oppressive Electrical Shock and maybe instead of Arc Battery it's Soul of Darkness or Combustion Engine.

Swapping elements and gun types seems most likely. Though they said they wanted to try "experimental" mechanics with the seasonal mods so I'm hoping for maybe something new and different in the top-tier mods at least.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Swapping elements and gun types seems most likely. Though they said they wanted to try "experimental" mechanics with the seasonal mods so I'm hoping for maybe something new and different in the top-tier mods at least.

So what are the odds that hand cannons are still in the special mod mix?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I wonder if Eriana's will keep Anti-Barrier forever

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I think that's just part of being Eriana's, it doesn't need a mod for it, so it will always have it. Unless we learn how to fuck over encounters with it. Then that shit will get patched with a quickness.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Adding a second character, and thus doubling the weekly bounties has definitely helped me grind the season levels...but I still have like 20 to go before next week.

I want that plastic armor.

I should make a warlock.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Phenotype Plasticity gear with the Ancient Believer shader looks very Vex-accurate

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    StorkStork Registered User regular
    Man, I didn't realize those seasonal mods were seasonal. I'm still in the mode of just run-around-shoot-crit-spots.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I hate doing Reckoning solo; only clear it about 25% of the time. Feels like such a time waste.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I hate doing Reckoning solo; only clear it about 25% of the time. Feels like such a time waste.

Welcome to The Reckoning!

Seriously, everybody had abandoned that godforsaken place until they nerfed it's difficulty pretty heavily because of exactly this issue. You could be running T3 to try and get some gun drops and expect to frequently not finish and get literally nothing for your time. I stopped doing it like 4-5 weeks after it came out after spending 2 hours just trying to finish a bounty that needed the T3 clear and literally getting nothing for my trouble.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm not after any guns, just a full Reaper and Sentry set. So thankfully I have a set number of clears and then I can be done.

It's so poorly designed, though. Roughly have (or more) of my first games are join in progress with little time left, so I have to just sit there and wait for it to be finished.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So.... Garden of Salvation isn’t going anywhere and it has Barrier and Overload champs

How are we supposed to take those down if the Artifact mods are changing? A couple people NEED Eriana’s Vow? Does anything have Overload naturally?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    So.... Garden of Salvation isn’t going anywhere and it has Barrier and Overload champs

How are we supposed to take those down if the Artifact mods are changing? A couple people NEED Eriana’s Vow? Does anything have Overload naturally?

Most likely the new artifact will have other, different, artifact mods. Like maybe sidearms get a barrier piercing mod and shotguns get an unstoppable mod this time.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options

Each of the 3 new season exotics have one of the anti-champion effects.

Eriana's Vow works on Barrier, Divinity on Overload and Leviathan's Breath on Unstoppable.

I suspect what we'll see next season is either just a shifting around of the mods to different weapons or a complete change of the champion effects along with new mods to counter those new effects.

I hope they are more creative with new ability mods and such then just changing the element around though.

• Options
    Also, I can't wait till this season is done because I can't wait to be rid of fucking Arc Battery.

Arc Battery hunters are 100% the worst thing in crucible right now.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Diviniy takes care of Overload super easily.

Not needing to worry about the wind up time from a bow helps, too. The second the beam hits them they are stunned.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Well, I semi-insanely ground out the iron banner quests in one night, bumped up my ilvl by 10 levels and with perseverance and teamwork and teammates who could dodge stuff, managed to get my leviathan's breath. Big bow makes big boom. I did a vex challenge with it and was getting 32k crits. Mmmm, bowmanship.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Also, I can't wait till this season is done because I can't wait to be rid of fucking Arc Battery.

Say goodbye to arc battery hunters, and say hello to solar battery hunters.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

We gonna throw so many knives into so many faces.

• Options

No, no, no. This is not happening!

• Options
    Finally got a good group for Reckoning and we did 6 clears in 7 tries. Even got the triumph for the time trial.

• Options

No, no, no. This is not happening!

It's gonna be hot hunter winter, baby.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Recluse acquired. Iron Banner is extremely good for the wins, as one win is 5%. Not so bad for GL multi-kills, but I'm still not having much luck. I need to finish the fighting lion catalyst to upgrade the reload speed.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Finished the Iron Banner Quest, reset Valor rank, and hit season pass 100. Good night o' the game.

I even got Eriana's Vow Catalyst pre-quest to... 26%. This might be the worst designed quest in Destiny 2 so far.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i haven't even bothered working on it. vow is good but i don't find myself using it that much. plus it's just the quest to get the fuckin catalyst so you then gotta do more shit to finally unlock the thing

• Options
    I finished the Eriana catalyst quest and got all the kills. But by the time I finished I was so sick of it that I threw it in the vault and haven’t used it since.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I only really use the thing during Ordeals, otherwise I just swap to it at the end to get the credit.

• Options
    The sad thing is that after the insanely stupid quest just to get the catalyst and the honestly not that bad grind to complete it, Eriana's Vow actually becomes way way more usable. Auto-loading Holster especially just suddenly makes you think like "Wow, this weapon actually works!" But to get there you have to run around with what is before that imo an extremely mediocre exotic.

• Options
    I actually did the entire grind to get Luna's Howl with Eriana's Vow and I started enjoying using it a lot.

And after getting the hundreds of kills I needed and ending up at 5500 glory, I managed to get the catalyst quest up to... 29%

• Options
    I got Eriana’s Vow to 24% and just realized I didn’t really care

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I can only imagine how bad that is gonna be when the season pass booster thing is gone.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish