As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If you're trying to specifically send alcohol to me, I'm pretty sure Binny's will do that no problem, but they only do Illinois

Also if you're trying to send alcohol to me in an official capacity maybe give me a heads up because signing for it can be difficult

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm shipping from Canada too which is just its own set of bull.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    I could just not send alcohol, but

uh

hm.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    It is hella hard sending alcohol through the mail I tell you whuat.

Raijin's instructions are very good for packing and sending it yourself!

Otherwise I can recommend using Masters of Malt, who have a lot of products reasonable prices for the most part (some things surprise me, but mostly they're within my expectations) and will ship globally? You just need to check with them on payment of customs and duties for certain amounts of liquor to certain countries (cough Singapore cough).

Or there's just having @Veldrin show up with it in hand while he and Nat are in town, that worked out pretty well for me

I want @Veldrin to just show up at my door...

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Think I have that DVD.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Think I have that DVD.

I'd like to watch it again, please

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    If you're trying to specifically send alcohol to me, I'm pretty sure Binny's will do that no problem, but they only do Illinois

Also if you're trying to send alcohol to me in an official capacity maybe give me a heads up because signing for it can be difficult

Binny's is the way and the light. I try to swing by every few months and stock up

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Think I have that DVD.

I'd like to watch it again, please

You can stream it free on quietboyspossessingspirits.com

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Binny's is the way and the light. I try to swing by every few months and stock up

I'm a Kenwood fan myself

It's weirder and also, pivotally, often cheaper

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Sooo....did one of ya'll try to send me something? I came home tonight after *far* too long of a day to a missed package notice from USPS, as it looks like they need a signature from me. I'm gonna head down to the post office tomorrow morning and see what it is.

Are you gifting me early this year Satan? :D

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »

I'm a Kenwood fan myself

It's weirder and also, pivotally, often cheaper

Kenwood is far from me, theres a Binny's in Orland which is less then an hour from me. Kenwood is in like Homer Glenn? So far! I do like weird liquor stores

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Binny's sounds like a mistranslation, like Jimmy and Bimmy from Double Dragon.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have been gifted by dark forces.
    cpch45i4v9u6.jpg

A book of vegetarian recipes. All pretty different from anything I would normally think to try because I'm painfully unimaginative, so hopefully this will deliciously expand my cooking horizons a bit. Thank you Satan!

• Options
    All I an think of when I see that author is, "Otm Shank"

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Just to let my Satan know, I'm on vacation with my family right now in Mexico for a week. We have a house sitter so if the gift arrives it'll be safe, I just won't see it or post about it until I get back on December 4th <3

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oooooohh a Yotam book!

I am covetous, Smof. I have his Jerusalem book and it's just so gorgeous.

• Options
    There is an almost desturbing lack of Garfield merch this year. Walked into 2 seperate card shops and not a single Garf Christmas card!

They got Ziggy though. Remember Ziggy?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Plenty and Plenty More, and in general all Ottolenghi's cookbooks (although I don't own Sweet or Ottolenghi) are some of the most tested and reliable collections of recipes I own. I think I have had a miss only once ever from any of them.

In fact I am making the recipe for roasted parsnips and sweet potatoes with caper vinaigrette from Plenty and the tart apple and celeriac quinoa salad from Plenty More tonight/tomorrow.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Ooh also that looks like it may be the UK version of the book in which case check the back and see if there's a digital code? Because my copy of Simple had a digital code built in so I can browse it on the books section of his website, which is fucking awesome for making grocery lists/checking recipes when I'm at work.

The U.S. versions don't seem to have that.

All this is to say, by the way, that although I am a devotee, I am not your Satan.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Satan was this you? I do not recall making this purchase, it didn't come with a note, and the receipt had an email address and phone number that I do not recognize:
    4zr2g510247n.jpg
    Some really cool socks! Thanks, mystery Satan!

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I have been visited by our dark Lord!
    The Amazon man came with a delivery of nicely wrapped packages
    dwk2i17zwnsh.jpg

It's a lovely array of cooking books (which I've already begun to read) and a game my wife and I play together!

Thank you oh dark lord! I shall make a bread on your name, and that name is....Eetsa.Meestery... Clever...

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Flour Water Salt Yeast changed my life.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Oh yeah, I’m not sure if this is the right thread since it’s from last years secret Satan’s, but this showed up last week.

YLYo935.jpg
    bhfjuhl.jpg
    It’s a dice box/workstation for ttrpgs. It will be super useful when I am regularly playing a character again. It’s got a dice rolling area, a tray for dice not pulling their weight, and a little fancy bit for the good dice who’s numbers we respect. Thanks @DrZiplock

Blake T on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Awesome Pugmire miniature you got there too.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Yeaaaa...sorry about the extreme delay on that, man. An injury and then some other bullshit kept me from completing this particular quest earlier and as intended. ...and then I kinda forgot.

That said, may all your rolls be 20s, and your potions not be tainted.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I should be all set to get a couple things out next week finally and then I can breathe a sigh of relief.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I have received a package, to be opened when kids are asleep. Rest assured, Satan, your dark gift has arrived

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    So I today I received a package from Satan. Possibly a Newfoundland-Canadian Satan.
    ouY8uvc.jpg

Way to reuse the box! A true Satan recycles.
    iv0Zjj9.jpg

LeTitsNow.gif

SFAY3uP.jpg

Awww, thank you, Newfoundland-Canadian Satan. You have such loverly handwritting too! Wait, did that say "Small bottles"? :o
    nvzWmVm.jpg
    OueEpYl.jpg
    HtWmWfW.jpg
    vFaXuHX.jpg

Food Stuffs! And what's this more?!
    aNrANF6l.jpg
    rHL9uX9l.jpg
    Xtfd1ACl.jpg
    SFOXgTpl.jpg

!!!!!!

Booze Stuff!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
    Hot Digitty Damn, Newfoundland-Canadian, you've really surprised me this year. Thank you so much for this bountiful hall. Can't wait to try the rum! <3<3

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    You’re welcome!!
    (It’s not French-Canadian, it’s Newfoundland-Canadian. All of our goods has french on it in Canada because of our two official languages)
    And i’m glad that booze made it there, I thought it would get confiscated for sure.

Taya on
  • Options
    Taya wrote: »
    You’re welcome!!
    (It’s not French-Canadian, it’s Newfoundland-Canadian. All of our goods has french on it in Canada because of our two official languages)
    And i’m glad that booze made it there, I thought it would get confiscated for sure.

So corrected. Thank you! <3

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    They make rhubarb vodka!?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I love screech flavored rum!

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I love screech flavored rum!

Poor Dustin Diamond.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    @Taya I was expecting Pineapple when I saw the Crush can, I’d never even heard of Birch Beer

I love your weirdass province

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I was also planning on sending a can of Pineapple Crush but Sobeys only sells them in boxes of 24, and that's far too many cans.

Birch beer is basically root beer but it's pink like cream soda.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Coming home last night, I was greeted my an Amazon package. I want expecting anything, so I quickly opened it so I could put whatever it was away
    pj8y3zplbqdl.jpg
    I quickly hide this from the kids, as they obsess over gifts, and I had to vet it first.
    After they go to bed, I was able to find this very generous gift
    tlt3vf833meg.jpg
    Wow. I've been meaning to get one for so long, and here one was delivered by the dark lord @Brolo himself! Well, with the help of Amazon.
    My daughter saw the box this morning, and went at it like kids do. Bonus rocketship
    zlpapu8uvy5v.jpg

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait your birch beer is pink?

I think of birch beer as a clear soda.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Pretty cool of Brolo to send your kid a rocket ship. Weird that it had a cooking utensil inside it but at least it was easy to remove.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I've had one of those old timey brands of a blueberry birch soda. Was pretty tasty