As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    White support pack bought

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Different skill effects are where it's at for me, unless my build requires a really drab gear piece. I don't look at my character that much and I only care about kitty/doggy pets. I do wish pets in the hideout would run up to my character to say hi whenever I come back from a portal.
    I would also reluctantly pay for another row of tabs in the stash but I am pretty miffed that's not already in yet. One row for special tabs and one for the basic/premium ones.

Absalon on
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    they wont nerf summons

theyre not nerfable really the way they are structured now

u will be able to faceplant next leauge with ur delishush minions

Heh well I've also played this build in like 6 different leagues. It's always been pretty hax, just next level hax with the latest patch. I doubt I'll roll it again next league just because of that, but we'll see!

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure I'd like to play a lot more next league, and also sure I'd like to resume this hot Cobra Lash/Plague Bearer build from Blight league. It was a lot of fun to play with in the minimal time I've spent on PoE the last 3 months.

Blight is Maps only, 10% spawn rate
    Guaranteed at least 1 Oil or Blighted Map per encounter
    High level Blights have been made harder
    Going core on PC only because hoo boy
    Oils will still be rarer because there are fewer Blight encounters

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So that means we'll have anointable notables I assume? I liked that part of this league.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Rius wrote: »
    Pretty sure I'd like to play a lot more next league, and also sure I'd like to resume this hot Cobra Lash/Plague Bearer build from Blight league. It was a lot of fun to play with in the minimal time I've spent on PoE the last 3 months.

Green RF is the light!

Were you still running the build I had started with?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Yeah the new stuff plays real nice with the harbinger mtx I've had

18cxvah97zl8.jpg

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I say this as a compliment, before anyone takes this the wrong way
    The Grand Sanctum armor and wings are the most Diablo 3 items in the entire game, they're great

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    @Fiatil I put a bunch of red maps in the guild bank, tab 8.

Crippl3 wrote: »
    I say this as a compliment, before anyone takes this the wrong way
    The Grand Sanctum armor and wings are the most Diablo 3 items in the entire game, they're great

Its Tyreal as fuck, yes

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Green RF is the light!

Yes, have you enough datum to make a full build guide

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    So I've caught the late season PoE bug, and want to try to beat shaper on my incredibly fancy skellymancer before they nerf my skellymancer and change the end game.

Does anyone have a buncha red maps they would be willing to part with in blight league? I'm down to buy them in bulk if so. I'll be around later this evening after I finish Thanksgiving-ing, and for the rest of the weekend.

i just dropped alot of reds into guild bank as well

J3qcnBP.png

Green RF is the light!

Yes, have you enough datum to make a full build guide

I didn't play as much as I had planned either, though I did hop in this past week to catch the tail end of the league.

I don't know about a build guide, but I was starting to get through mid tier reds with no major problems I could see, so it seemed pretty solid. My particular build is a bit lower on life than I'd want though, which was unfortunate. I might tweak it for next league if I stick with it.

The main thing I would say is that Dendrobate is good, a 5 link is probably necessary as soon as you can, and Coralito's + Witchfire are priority purchases.

I'm not really sold on Elusive's benefit.

Characters
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    @Fiatil I put a bunch of red maps in the guild bank, tab 8.
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Fiatil wrote: »
    So I've caught the late season PoE bug, and want to try to beat shaper on my incredibly fancy skellymancer before they nerf my skellymancer and change the end game.

Does anyone have a buncha red maps they would be willing to part with in blight league? I'm down to buy them in bulk if so. I'll be around later this evening after I finish Thanksgiving-ing, and for the rest of the weekend.

i just dropped alot of reds into guild bank as well

Awesome, thanks guys! That's definitely boosted the effort a lot.

• ThorbanThorban Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    they wont nerf summons

I talked with Neon and a couple of the other balance guys at Exilecon. Nothing confirmed of course, they were leaning towards toning down Zombies as they have the highest performance for the least investment. They were also looking at nerfing Feeding Frenzy as its a bit too good as a support along side all the 3.8 buffs.

So I would phrase it as; they don't intend to nerf minions to the ground but want to reign them in a bit.

Thorban on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I don't think I have the energy to make it to shaper/elder before the change. Skele/zombies have been carrying me w/o much effort into low yellows, but with the market as slow as it is, I don't have the time to try and get someone to respond to selling me a pair of high life/high resist rings or w/e.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Thorban wrote: »
    they wont nerf summons

I talked with Neon and a couple of the other balance guys at Exilecon. Nothing confirmed of course, they were leaning towards toning down Zombies as they have the highest performance for the least investment. They were also looking at nerfing Feeding Frenzy as its a bit too good as a support along side all the 3.8 buffs.

So I would phrase it as; they don't intend to nerf minions to the ground but want to reign them in a bit.

ya but the thing is they could literally send minions back to where they were like a year ago and it woudl still be faceroll doing eg phys skelly for shaper
    or just get a soulwrest... victarios wrath zealotry soulwrest is like what, 10million shaper dps if u use smite? cheap as fk? so dippy
    the numbers and mechanics are just so inherently dum. they could literally reduce everything by 50% and it would still be facerol

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Minion hp prior to the buff was bad in red maps and beyond

edited November 2019
    New burning arrow numbers gonna make a guy look wistfully at Chieftain because gatt-daym.

Absalon on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Do we do it

Do we do burning arrow ignite prolif chieftain

J3qcnBP.png
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Do we do it

Do we do burning arrow ignite prolif chieftain

We must go further beyond.

Ranged Attack Totem using Burning Arrow Ignite Prolif Chieftain

Characters
    You know, I thought I would be slowing down, but I may end up seeing if I can push all the way through this time.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Thing is that RATs are Ballistae now, and might not count as totems?

Absalon wrote: »

They're currently totems right now. Are they changing in 3.9?

Characters
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

They are turning into ballistae in 3.9, but it's unclear whether this is a purely terminological change.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Remember that's just burning arrow. I've heard they're bumping up all of them.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

They are turning into ballistae in 3.9, but it's unclear whether this is a purely terminological change.

There is never just a "terminological change" with PoE. Changing from Ranged Attack Totem (RAT) to Ballistae Support is specifically to allow PoE to have new supports and nodes in the Ranger area for ballistae that wouldn't end up an unintentional buff to classical totem builds. This will also prevent RAT builds from having to go from Ranger start to Templar just to get to most totem nodes.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The website literally calls them "Ballista Totems" but it's impossible to know until the patch actually goes live. I was looking at making a Exploding Arrow Elementalist for the season, or maybe fuck around with some EA Ballistae with a Chieftain or Elementalist, since the word is the stack cap on EA will not function as it has in the past.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    The way GGG programs their game, they use metadata tags on things and then the engine applies all interactions to it afterwards.

So when Chris Wilson is on an interview and says something like "I haven't looked into this specifically, but it should work if we do that", he's not joking. Changes in terminology become changes in how the game interacts with that thing. If I use a fire skill on a monster with 50% fire resistance, it deals half damage. If I add the "fire" tag to a skill, that skill now deals half damage to that monster. The developers don't have to go in and code up that interaction, it's already there. This is why changes to the game surprise the developers, because they haven't thought of a very specific interaction that's already coded up when they change something.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I misphrased. What I meant is that it's unclear whether ballistae are a subtype of totem or something technically different, whether totem stuff still applies to ballistae. Presumably there will be ballista-specific stuff that won't apply to other totems, but we don't know if ballista players will benefit from current totem stuff.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Invictus wrote: »

There is never just a "terminological change" with PoE. Changing from Ranged Attack Totem (RAT) to Ballistae Support is specifically to allow PoE to have new supports and nodes in the Ranger area for ballistae that wouldn't end up an unintentional buff to classical totem builds. This will also prevent RAT builds from having to go from Ranger start to Templar just to get to most totem nodes.

Yeah this is what I'm hoping for because I'd love to do a bow build that also used RAT but still stayed in the ranger part of the tree

2x39jD4.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the good RAT build: iron commander hyrris demise cyclopean coil

thank u

obF2Wuw.png
    Late blight league progress:

Up to Tier 12s consistently, rolling T13s and saw my first T14 yesterday.
    Bought 1 EX, then bought a 6-link Dendrobate for 2 EX.
    Sold roughly 12 Stacked Decks and Porcupine cards to restock my currency.
    Got the Syndicate unique map from a Zana daily and actually managed to complete it. Took 3-4 deaths, but hey, I went into the thing blind and didn't think I'd even get through the map. Hooray, unexpected challenge completion.

Not bad. I'm wondering now if I can get 24 challenges done before league ends.

Characters
    edited December 2019
    Rejiggered my skelemancer a little, up to 4.4k life right now, stuff is still getting deleted by skele/zombies. The original build I was looking at doesn't use a queens, so I looked up a queens build on PoE ninja, and they one that shows up is using a barons/astramentis. I could probably fit those in, though it'll be pricy. Is it really going to help that much?

Edit: also, the thing where you can just choose to chain map missions is nuts. The last ~15 of my white maps where me just chaining zana to get the last couple maps I needed.

Brody on

baron is pretty excellent but you really don't need it

Here's my necro. Everything but uber elder is trivial.

Slavedriver spectres are likely stronger than my skele/zombie setup but I'm too lazy at this point to change things. A baron setup is going to be better at uber elder but I never bothered since pretty much everything I have was stupid cheap and it works fine. I use the frenzy charge apes from act 2 as my spectres.

I look at that when I get back to my PC. This is what I've been using

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

Character is brodybrands

edited December 2019
    So in the GGG forums there's a guy saying he wants compensation for his 6l items when the new skill gem system gets put in.

I though I was petty, my god

jungleroomx on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So in the GGG forums there's a guy saying he wants compensation for his 6l items when the new skill gem system gets put in.

I though I was petty, my god

I mean it's a year away

if he's concerned about it he should just start selling them

fuck gendered marketing
    Brody wrote: »
    I look at that when I get back to my PC. This is what I've been using

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

Character is brodybrands

Looks like you have a few passives points left over from when you were playing brands? Probably don't need those mana nodes and the elemental damage node near witch. I dropped vaal summon skeletons because I lost 2-3 blight maps to it and ran vaal haste instead. I have some 20/20 skeleton skill gems if you want them. I hit 36 challenges today so I'm pretty much done with this league.

You're welcome to my necro's gear too if you'd like.

This discussion has been closed.