As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] Elan Sleazebaggano went home and became a family man

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I don't always like CBR, but I feel this article is spot on.

https://www.cbr.com/mandalorian-baby-yoda-exposes-fandom-mary-sue-hypocrisy/amp/

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Man I totally forgot TPM had a whole immaculate conception deal and everybody was just like "yeah that's cool let's move on immediately and not talk about it all."

I mean, I guess it's not like theres precedent for that anywhere else...

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    EU thing that Fallen Order has slightly left me out of: I do not know what an Inquisitor is

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    EU thing that Fallen Order has slightly left me out of: I do not know what an Inquisitor is
    Lesser Vaders. Fallen Padawans and other Force users that were spared, turned, etc to hunt down those who'd escaped Order 66.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they're sith

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Just remembered one of the little things in Fallen Order that I absolutely loved
    I was not expecting a Star Wars game to cold open with a Mongolian throat metal track blasting over a flythrough of a grimy scrapyard hovering precariously over a gigantic sarlacc pit, but it did and it ruled.

And then
    it comes back as the music over the fighting pits when the Haxion Brood catches you! Which was rad

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Hey, is anyone else experiencing a weird glitch with this thread and only this thread?

It’s marked as “new” no matter how many times I read through it and always starts me at the first post

Aaand posting seems to have solved it. Very weird

Jimothy on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm trying not to buy video games cause I hardly finish them any more (Cough Sekiro cough cough Death Stranding) but if I make it through this coming work week I think I'm gonna reward myself with Fallen Order. I'll have five days off to veg out and play through it.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Hey, is anyone else experiencing a weird glitch with this thread and only this thread?

It’s marked as “new” no matter how many times I read through it and always starts me at the first post

Aaand posting seems to have solved it. Very weird

Same bug, guess this will fix it!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    they're sith

They were in the old EU as well, I believe that was technically what Jerec from Jedi Knight 2 was in rank.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Seriously though I am fuckin agog and aghast at this shit like we know what Max Reebos's grand uncle on his mothers side looks like, all them useless Jedi council turds have wookiepedia entries that would make a fuckin library droid blush, but the fuckin MAIN VILLAIN of seven hours of movie doesnt have a species?! Humanoid?!! i can see that cant I!!!!

But like... isn't Yoda's species on Wookiepedia just listed as... "Yoda's species"?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The risk of naming things in Star Wars is that you could be the next writer to put out a "Sheev". Nobody wants to be the credited author of a Sheev naming convention.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Seriously though I am fuckin agog and aghast at this shit like we know what Max Reebos's grand uncle on his mothers side looks like, all them useless Jedi council turds have wookiepedia entries that would make a fuckin library droid blush, but the fuckin MAIN VILLAIN of seven hours of movie doesnt have a species?! Humanoid?!! i can see that cant I!!!!

But like... isn't Yoda's species on Wookiepedia just listed as... "Yoda's species"?

MAYBE IT SHOULD BE LISTED AS HUMANOID ALIEN

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Aw, they changed it. It was listed as "Unknown Tridactyl Species" for ages, which is just peak Wookieepedia. Lucas specifically banned anyone from writing about Yoda's species though, or even confirming that there were more of them than just Yoda. Obviously the latter bit got relaxed when we got Yaddle.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Yoda is a muppet.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    They should never give Yoda's species but say they come from the planet Mupp.

• Options
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

You mean Koozebane.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    ... dang, I should have checked to see if it had an entry there.

My point stands!

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    In one of the recent Vader stories, a battle between the rebels and Empire awoke a gigantic, planet sized rock monster living beneath the surface which then punched a Star Destroyer to death.
    So I'm very happy new Disney stories are bringing back the old Star Wars weird pulp adventure side of things that I loved in the original Star Wars comics.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Someone better punch a star destroyer in RoS. Like, they are runnin' on top of one near the end there. Someone just reach down and give'er a little pop.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

It’s not totally off except for him almost slicing Finn in two. Other than that he hasn’t really hurt the main characters.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I like Jenny's videos a lot, but she's also very much a Reylo shipper and has not been subtle about wanting a redemption arc for Kylo Ren.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

It’s not totally off except for him almost slicing Finn in two. Other than that he hasn’t really hurt the main characters.

Doesn't he like torture Poe in Force Awakens?

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »
    For my money the best exploration of the Dark Side is KotOR2: The Sith Lords
    You don't really go out seeking the Dark Side; people who do that are buffoons who just care about the aesthetic. Instead you approach the Force in a way that lines up with how you approach everything else in your life, and it turns out—sometimes—that you're a huge asshole who's so stubborn that your hate will hold your body together after you've been ripped to shreds by the tidal forces of a planet's death throes

Even though Darth Maul surviving his fall in two pieces - missing several probably important organs - is just the most EU thing imaginable and inherently stupid...

Him surviving basically through the all-consuming force of his hatred is metal as hell

Like he doesn't Tony Stark himself a pair of proper prosthetic new legs, he just finds some vaguely servicable leg-like machinery and melds it to himself with dark side hatemagic. And then he lurks around in the sewers eating raw rat or some shit until they finally let him out and he's just like, boy, now I'm REALLY angry.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

They were around in Legends I think, but the canon take on them comes from Star Wars: Rebels. They're dark side force users that work for the Empire, hunting down like hiding padawans, low tier jedi, force sensitive kids, that sort of thing.

They're not exactly proper sith, they don't have like any sort of student/master relationship with Vader or the Emperor or anything like that. They're scary murderers, but they're also sort of just around for cleaning up low-level threats, it seems like only a few of them could challenge an actual properly trained jedi knight. That's probably a feature not a bug, they're meant to go around murdering potential heroes pre-journey, not become a new core of sith lords or something like that.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    They're basically the Sith Gestapo

• Options
    Vader can't be everywhere at once is the reason

• Options
    I mean You can't just pull Vader out of his Bacta spa treatment appointment every time some kid writes down "Jedi" on his Imperial Career Interest Form

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If any of the Inquisitors got strong enough to challenge Vader, by Sith logic that would prove he didn't deserve to be the Sith apprentice. By that same logic, Vader swats Inquisitors for funsies several times, most notably in the Marvel Darth Vader comic run by Charles Soule (which is super good).

• Options
    He beats them so savagely you want to call child services.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Inquisitors also fly around by using their silly lightsaber handles to spin their double-bladed lightsabers fast enough to lift them off the ground like a helicopter. No, I'm not joking.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I like Jenny's videos a lot, but she's also very much a Reylo shipper and has not been subtle about wanting a redemption arc for Kylo Ren.

I honestly don’t know if she actually wants a redemption arc or if she just thinks, based on Star Wars narrative logic and cynical broad audience writing, that the redemption arc is inevitable

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Huh. The blurggs were in the Clone Wars, when the Republic was fighting to free Ryloth.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Inquisitors also fly around by using their silly lightsaber handles to spin their double-bladed lightsabers fast enough to lift them off the ground like a helicopter. No, I'm not joking.

That was so fucking stupid and I loved it

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I want more stories involving shades of grey characters in the Star Wars setting

I dislike the idea that there is universal good versus evil conflict, that the force is just a resource, like water

I don't particularly give a fuck about the Jedi and the Sith, I want stories like Rogue One and the first episode of the Mando

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I want more stories involving shades of grey characters in the Star Wars setting

I dislike the idea that there is universal good versus evil conflict, that the force is just a resource, like water

I don't particularly give a fuck about the Jedi and the Sith, I want stories like Rogue One and the first episode of the Mando

Fallen Order spoilers
    I really love that they're starting to touch on the post-genocide Nightsisters and their stories. I really hope they continue to run with it more, because they fall solidly into the category of grey characters even when they're acting for good.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mando episode 4 spoilers
    I can't believe they pulled the "someone shot the baby! Oh no actually they got shot first" trick again and I still fell for it

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Billy Dee Williams seemingly came out as genderfluid in an interview with Esquire? They described themselves using both he/him and she/her and then clarified:
    "I say ‘himself’ and ‘herself,’ because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine," he said. "I’m a very soft person. I’m not afraid to show that side of myself.”

They also included this fantastic quote:
    “I never tried to be anything except myself. I think of myself as a relatively colorful character who doesn’t take himself or herself too seriously.”

At the young age of 82 years old

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.