As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Igrene with Flashing Blade seal pretty much has a charged special 100% of the time.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/2-WZLT8wW5E

Oh shit it's not Lif but a character that I actually give a shit about

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Guaranteed double attack, inherent DC, and Vantage? That's...trouble.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Holy shit Altina's in the game, ready Defcon 1.

I knew I'd regret all those orbs looking for a better IV Igrene to fodder the bad one, lol.

s7Imn5J.png
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Guaranteed double attack, inherent DC, and Vantage? That's...trouble.

I don't think Vantage has been particularly great for a long time now to be honest. They've always had the issue of being easy targets for tanks who can just let them attack into them, but the game has also increasingly added ways to attack and not be counterattacked.

edited November 2019
    Huh, I got this in an email from Nintendo but I don't see anything? *shrug*
    d6p564evj9wd.png

Maybe by "available now" they mean tonight at reset?

Edit: Oh, I shoulda checked the in game news
    29reqxoo23st.png

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I had no real hope with my pathetic 27 orbs, but somehow Altina arrived on my last try! Super psyched cuz I needed some help in Astra AR, I love Radiant Dawn, and Altina is just plain awesome.

I had no Marth or Sothis either so I was hoping for any of em. Now I will try to go all in on a Galeforce WOM team.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh, I spent 100-something orbs and all I got was the dumb gunthera

steam_sig.png
    Pulled on three circles and +ATK/-SPD Altina shows up. Okay game, I forgive you the Igrene IVs.

Not sure if I want to burn my remaining orbs to net Blulia or not.

s7Imn5J.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    : External screaming :

320 f2p orbs

286 blood orbs.

3 Sothis

2 Special Marth.

Could not refund fast enough.

Bye FE:Heroes, it was ??? while it lasted!

(Yes, two heroes are on my list. Hector, and a ”haha they would never add her” Altina.)

Transporter on

320 f2p orbs

286 blood orbs.

3 Sothis

2 Special Roy.

(Yes, two heroes are on my list. Hector, and a ”haha they would never add her” Altina.)

Refund? Did they do that?

I know what you mean though. I like the game but it can be really hard to justify the downright evil mechanism at its core. Bottomless greed, zero guarantees, and exploiting human psychology. The game needs somewhat limited resources to thrive, but the idea that one could pay literally hundreds and not get even 1/11 copies of a favorite unit needed for max strength is insanity.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »

320 f2p orbs

286 blood orbs.

3 Sothis

2 Special Marth.

Refund? Did they do that?

I know what you mean though. I like the game but it can be really hard to justify the downright evil mechanism at its core. Bottomless greed, zero guarantees, and exploiting human psychology. The game needs somewhat limited resources to thrive, but the idea that one could pay literally hundreds and not get even 1/11 copies of a favorite unit needed for max strength is insanity.

AHA, AHAHAHA

No.

Still worth it.

I hate the bridge stage with the defense tiles in arena.

hate it

edited December 2019
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I hate the bridge stage with the defense tiles in arena.

hate it

Yes, 100%, worst stage in the game. There is no contest.

Second worst is the vertical double grass bridge one with the small landmass in the center. The majority of that map is one tile wide chokepoints where you inevitably get screwed over by something because you have no room to maneuver (if you're using armors just fuck you especially)

Warlock82 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    The shittiness of those maps is amplified by the existence of L! Azura.

The past few weeks I've found my way to 5+ L! Azura teams in my Arena Assault runs.

If you made a list of units whose removal would most benefit the game, she would occupy the first three spots. Just complete cancer.

edited December 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »
    The shittiness of those maps is amplified by the existence of L! Azura.

The past few weeks I've found my way to 5+ L! Azura teams in my Arena Assault runs.

If you made a list of units whose removal would most benefit the game, she would occupy the first three spots. Just complete cancer.

Yup. I particularly hate Idunn and Fallen Corrin too (they just do absurd amounts of damage and are tanky as shit... you shouldn't have to wonder if your dragon slayer is going to survive against a dragon...). I also feel like I can never tell if I'm able to tank L!Alm's arrows or not. It's so damn hit or miss (at least without defensive tiles).

I really, really wish a few more healers (or really anyone) would get Bridal Fjorm's ability to nullify dancers... Hell, make it a damn seal.

Edit: It's sad to me that Surtr is now one of the easier things to deal with :P

Warlock82 on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Oh, they may expand it, but they'll definitely put it on a unit that's gonna cost money to get.

edited December 2019
    Oh, they may expand it, but they'll definitely put it on a unit that's gonna cost money to get.

Nah, we'll get it *eventually.* They just finally put Halloween Mia's staff on Silque.. Stuff makes it to the non-seasonal pool eventually. It just may take a bit. Still, the problem with Fjorm is that she's a flying healer and thus a shit choice for arena content (healer + flying = low score :/). It's ironic since this is the mode where she'd be most useful without actually "breaking" things like L!Azura does. The ability to combat CPU dancers isn't that big a deal IMO since dancers shouldn't technically be on arena teams anyways. L!Azura is just some weird exception where she comes with the dumb arena scoring ability by default AND is a legendary for the bonus points (during water season anyways, which it usually is if they put her on the bonus roster), so she can still score ok despite her flaws (enough for those defense teams to still score high enough to be annoying to t21)

Warlock82 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    L! Alm definitely leaves you shook if you're enemy phase. Thankfully by this point in the game's lifespan I'm able to field balanced squads in that respect with fully built units for every round of AA.

And yeah, the newer generation of crept dragons can certainly create situations where you simply have no means of punching through without getting trucked by something with 60+ Atk, a special, and probably doubling somehow.

edited December 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »
    L! Alm definitely leaves you shook if you're enemy phase. Thankfully by this point in the game's lifespan I'm able to field balanced squads in that respect with fully built units for every round of AA.

And yeah, the newer generation of crept dragons can certainly create situations where you simply have no means of punching through without getting trucked by something with 60+ Atk, a special, and probably doubling somehow.

Yeah, his problem is that he can be tricky to player phase, especially since I noticed people like to pair him with Azura a lot. I honestly should just rework my stupid Aether Raid team to not be fliers, it just gets me into trouble. I dunno. And arena I'm usually stuck with armors who have no mobility but *should* be able to tank that stuff, but due to the weirdness of how his bow works, often can't....

And yeah, Idunn especially just wrecks me, even with an armor/dragon slaying weapon (and sometimes with color advantage!) For arena it's gotten to the point where I usually have to hope I can bait her just outside of surtr's range to whittle her health down to a killable range. Depending on the map layout this is not always possible tho (and here we come full circle to fuck those bridge maps)

Warlock82 on
    The map I hate the most bar none is the oasis one with a pond in the center and a square ring of defense tiles around it. You're basically guaranteed to constantly be fighting on defense tiles because it's a pain in the ass to kite someone off them into the two perimeter squares without being able to enemy phase some bold fighter with automatic +4 all stats because why not.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited December 2019
    The map I hate the most bar none is the oasis one with a pond in the center and a square ring of defense tiles around it. You're basically guaranteed to constantly be fighting on defense tiles because it's a pain in the ass to kite someone off them into the two perimeter squares without being able to enemy phase some bold fighter with automatic +4 all stats because why not.

Oh shit, yes, I totally forgot about that one. That one is probably worse than the two bridges one. If it's arena assault I try to bring fliers cuz that's the only thing that makes that tolerable

Warlock82 on
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/Bb--ssTj8d0

(rip Pugi)

Also wtf is this book 4?

Edit:
    https://youtu.be/fVsC2Z-cfOg

Warlock82 on
    I get that it's waifu emblem but would it kill them to have some male NPCs?

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I get that it's waifu emblem but would it kill them to have some male NPCs?

IntSys knows what side its anime titties are buttered on.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited December 2019
    Oh wow, they are making arena much less of a pain in the ass. Now you only need ONE kill with the bonus hero for full bonus points, instead of killing every enemy with them. This is so much freaking better. God, I can actually use type advantage again...

Also new weapons coming for Arthur, Mathilda and Clive and a new refine for Mia. Nice. Still no update for Jakob, shittiest hero in the game tho...

Warlock82 on
    Cheerleader meta destroyed. That is a massive improvement in arena.

That skill and seal change for ease of use looks incredible too. Might finally use skill sets now that they are accessible.

Not into the aesthetic of book 4 but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Mirror stance 4 looks insanely good btw. Losing only 2 res from warding stance 4 and picking up 6 attack? My tickets are going to green.

oh hey they updated the character rotation on the download update screen. Queen Camilla, Ephraim+Lyon, Peony are in, regular Lyn, Marth, and Ike seem to be out.

I too am not much into the art direction of book 4 but I'm actually pleased that they're not going to just keep trying to out-edgelord the previous book. We were already getting pretty intense on that front.

New mode looks okay. Kind of a PvE, reverse AR. I'm down.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    regular Lyn, Marth, and Ike seem to be out.

And Anna, apparently!

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So any tips for mjolnrs shield?

camo_sig.png
    It seems like enemies can't attack the offense unit, so it seems like a good spot for glass cannons.

I feel like I'm missing something. How do you see a unit's skills that are locked behind a higher rarity now? Looking at learn or change skills only shows skills available at their current rarity.

s7Imn5J.png
    I feel like I'm missing something. How do you see a unit's skills that are locked behind a higher rarity now? Looking at learn or change skills only shows skills available at their current rarity.

It's strange how it doesn't show it when you first click learn skills. But if you do that and then press the (+) on their portrait it'll take you into the old view of the skills list.

Tickets were a complete bust for me, only 1 green and mostly 3 star garbage.

Nice to get nearly 50 orbs available through two chapters at once though.

edited December 2019
    I got everyone eventually but kind of garbage pulls. I was hoping to maybe pull a good IV Peony but nada. Stuck with free neutral one for now I spose... My Osian is also -ATK so I kinda wanna see if I can pull a second. (edit: I post this and literally seconds later I pull one with a ticket... lolz... he's also -ATK but whatever, that's what mergin' is for :P)

Warlock82 on
    The Forging Bonds accessories are weak this time around.

The Forging Bonds accessories are weak this time around.

I mean it's Thracia.. not exactly the pinnacle of character design for the franchise :P

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Got a +spd evyl so I suppose that is decent enough. Was hoping for mareeta but oh well

camo_sig.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Quick questions for y'all Fire Emblem Heroes veterans from a newb

1) If I want a lady Byleth, should I draw on the current banner or no?

2) For whenever Seteth and Flayn are released, how many orbs should I stockpile if I want these folks?

I am playing again after a long hiatus. Never really got far when I was playing-- currently halfway through 'book II'.

1. No, miniscule chances. If you want a 5 star exclusive unit, you have to wait until they are a focus unit (featured on a banner) to get about 3% shot at them.
    2. Ehh... Hard to guarantee anything with a randomizer like this. But if you want just one copy of a focus unit, 200 orbs usually does it. Get 400-500 and keep those purely for Seteth and Flayn. If you get lucky you could get several copies.