As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Flying Foundry (IB ship) finally dropped. Considering how much I play when it’s active, that took forever.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    Flying Foundry (IB ship) finally dropped. Considering how much I play when it’s active, that took forever.

What gets that to drop?

Just random as far as I can tell.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I can only imagine how bad that is gonna be when the season pass booster thing is gone.

From what I understand, the booster is for the catalyst itself and not the quest to earn the catalyst. Which explains why that quest is so INCREDIBLY slow. Bungie should have looked at the stats on it after a month and tripled the gain on this dumb shit.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Oh! I just realized that Iron Banner awards pinnacle gear for normal bounties! Looks like i'm going to play my very first ever Iron Banner matches this weekend. Too bad three out of the fur available are "get kills". I just don't forsee a scrub like me getting 200+ kills in a weekend. I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 per game. The 100 zone capture bounty looks pretty doable though. So I should be able to get at least one reward :+1:

26904.png
    It's not hundreds of kills, it's a percentage. If you play a decent amount of games from now to Tuesday, you will get all 4, they're very doable. Protips: USE YOUR SUPER. Don't get conservative and sit on it all round. And don't choose a bad PvP super (Titan arc middle tree, Hunter void top or bottom tree, Warlock solar middle tree).

A... percentage? The bounty says "Opponents Defeated 0/250" So... 250% kills? I'm not even sure what that would mean. I'm new to this Iron Bananer thing and my username sometimes fits. ELI5?

26904.png
    Stupid wrote: »
    A... percentage? The bounty says "Opponents Defeated 0/250" So... 250% kills? I'm not even sure what that would mean. I'm new to this Iron Bananer thing and my username sometimes fits. ELI5?

Which bounty are you referring to? None of them actually say this.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Which bounty are you referring to? None of them actually say this.

Yeah, all the IB bounties in game should be giving you a percentage toward completion.

If you are looking at a third-party site that is giving you API data, you should know that the number in question does not correspond to kills 1:1. Kills are worth varying amount of points.

Oh that makes sense. I'm still at work and am looking at the Bounties as reported in DIM. That would explain the disconnect. I'll check what they show as when I get home tonight.

26904.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Elki wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Also, I can't wait till this season is done because I can't wait to be rid of fucking Arc Battery.

Arc Battery hunters are 100% the worst thing in crucible right now.

Say goodbye to arc battery hunters, and say hello to solar battery hunters.

We gonna throw so many knives into so many faces.

The thought of them mistakenly buffing khepri's horn really makes me want to throw down a larger sum of money for the new season.

edit: On iron banner bounties, should I be shorting my power level to get faster progress with the measily kills I get?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Also, I can't wait till this season is done because I can't wait to be rid of fucking Arc Battery.

Arc Battery hunters are 100% the worst thing in crucible right now.

Say goodbye to arc battery hunters, and say hello to solar battery hunters.

We gonna throw so many knives into so many faces.

The thought of them mistakenly buffing khepri's horn really makes me want to throw down a larger sum of money for the new season.

edit: On iron banner bounties, should I be shorting my power level to get faster progress with the measily kills I get?

I shorted myself down to like 930ish and it seemed to significantly speed up my bounty progression.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Well, after many many many failed attempts, we got the raid challenge done last night.

Definitely feels like a real Hard Mode for that encounter. It just significantly narrows the margin for error in the fight. You basically can't make mistakes. And frankly, multiple times we should have gotten it way earlier then we did but we fucked something up on the DPS phases and we had to push into a 3rd phase and that's what gave us time to make the mistake that wiped us.

Also, sometimes it was bugs. Stupid, stupid bugs.

Kinda reminded me of really old school Prestige Calus but minus the really bad bugs. Where there was little room for error and the whole thing you needed to do was just execute smoothly and with basically no deaths until you got enough phases to kill him.

As a pseudo-hard-mode goes, it was pretty solid.

Overall the challenges were kinda fun I think. The first 3 feel a bit more like "Do a little extra effort for an extra piece of loot", whereas this one definitely felt more "Hard Mode time bitches".

And then it dropped me two bonds and so it was completely useless loot-wise. Because this raid is the fucking worst. At least I got the shader I suppose.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I typed up then discarded a rant about how buggy that encounter is, but damn is it buggy.
    We screwed up the challenge a fair number of times to human error, but half if not more of our failures were from bugs. My "favorite" moment was when we did 75% damage to the boss first phase, then we experienced massive slowdown right as the second DPS phase started, and we managed maybe 15% damage out of it because the slowdown only affects the players, not the boss vulnerability timer.
    Even when the raid is working correctly, aspects of it are annoying as heck. Like the agonizingly long time it takes for cyclopses to spawn and become vulnerable (especially when they immediately do a 360 after spawning), or the long-distance teleporting goblins, or anything involving the tether.

We wiped one encounter because I was standing on one of the front platforms about to jump for the portal and the boss I guess turned or something and the portal spawned literally above and behind me so I couldn't see it.

Why the portal spawns are random at all, let alone fucking tied to the direction the boss is facing, remains a complete mystery to me. But it's stupid as fuck.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Destiny × Palladium boots restocked

I definitely didn't buy them... Nope

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Which of the Forge weapons are worth farming? I finally did the intro quest and got the Hammerhead, albeit with a bad roll.

XBL: Flex MythoMass

Do they buff slide, sprint, and jump?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Which of the Forge weapons are worth farming? I finally did the intro quest and got the Hammerhead, albeit with a bad roll.

Hammerhead (MG) and Blast Furnace (kinetic Pulse) I would say are the most worthwhile

I also personally recommend Spiteful Fang (kinetic Bow)

I know some people like Kindled Orchid (energy Handcannon), but I've never liked the feel. It can get Rampage and Kill Clip at the same time as its two perks, so that's kinda cool

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I'll chase Blast Furnace for sure, all of my good pulses are energy weapons.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Even a bad blast furnace is pretty good. It feels good and kills mobs dead. the good rolls just take it to something special. i have a rampage one for pve and a kill clip one for pvp, and one day i'll get feeding frenzy plus either of those. i've only gotten feeding frenzy with headseeker and FF by itself is almost just good enough.

• OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    I have 2 rampage/outlaw bast furnaces, one with drop mag & one with a mag that gives and extra burst for slightly slower reload. Tempted to masterwork the latter as it has reload while the other is handling. But still fishing for one with feeding frenzy instead of outlaw. I do have a FF/ambitious assassin one as well that can get to like 70 in a mag when clearing adds.

The bow and sword are nice as well, dont think there is another bow of that archetype as kinetic. I was going to try for a good roll on the bow this week, but got the curated one to drop on the first try. So probably just stick with that. I ran with the auto rifle for a while too after coming back to the game right before Shadowkeep, has some good rolls too but now there is usually something different I would rather have in the energy slot.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i'm in a weird spot where i assumed i'd be farming the pulse and hammerhead for a while but i got the curated hammerhead almost immediately so I need to choose another one now. but that can wait until I'm done playing with my new jotunn in IB. this toaster is fun

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Yeah, they're great.

The engram lamp is also up on the store, if you're into that kind of thing.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Yeah, they're great.

It's already gone

Went unavailable after I had already put it in my cart

I hate everything

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Yeah, they're great.

It's already gone

Went unavailable after I had already put it in my cart

I hate everything

I might change my mind on the ones I got (black), so if you wear a size 11 I could probably convinced to send em your way.

Didn't realize you get two emblems for buying it

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Man I wanted to use the Black Friday thingie to buy Grimoire Book 3, but it looks like you can't pay for it/put in a cart yet. I also feel like I need to convince my wife to buy the engram lamp as a nightlight for our kiddo, but that seems like a harder battle to win than Sanctified Mind. So I guess I'll probably miss out on the Black Friday sale.

Also they have pint glasses that all have the Gambit logo (and I suppose Gambit Prime logos) on them and I'm all damnit Bungo just make some 4 glasses, one with each class logo and one with the Traveler and you can have my money. I don't need 4 distinct glasses with the same damn logo.

Haha I actually meant the lamp, but thanks!

I would maybe even take you up on that, but my feets are too big : (

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Theres a super cool jump ship for bright dust in the store this week.

So if you ever wanted the EP jumpship but didnt want to farm EP for obvious reasons, here you go.

Also Forsaken is $15. Tempted. The exotics locked behind it are super meta.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    ...I do love mugs. Let's see how mu
    Not dishwasher or microwave safe
    Hand wash only

*closes tab*

Yeah, those color change mugs always say not to put them in the microwave. Still really cool, though.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Got my last 35% of match wins for Recluse, woo.
    I've mostly ignored IB since Forsaken. Started in a little on the quest last time but had a couple of super kills left to finish the first step. Discovered this time that none of my super kills counted toward said quest until after I cashed in my first bounty. Then the quest progress started back up. So, if anybody else still has the quest in their inventory and is wondering why it isn't progressing...

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    So I killed the Forge boss with the Maximum Temper buff but didn’t see any box drop?

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So I killed the Forge boss with the Maximum Temper buff but didn’t see any box drop?
    Gotta make sure that today's forge is the one you need. There are some quest steps that require specific forges and you just gotta... wait.

This is a big part of why I still don't have Izanagi's Burden.

I got it, I was just looking in the wrong place. I thought it spawned on the boss but it was behind the forge.

What purpose do Ada’s blue research weapon frames serve?

What purpose do Ada’s blue research weapon frames serve?

You mean the ones that are like "Get 30 grenade kills in strikes" or whatever?

They are just something to spend your modulus reports on. You complete the objective and then when you finish a forge for one of your main BA weapons, you get a random weapon from the loot pool of the activity the frame is linked to. They are the same as normal weapons except that in the 2nd-from-the-right perk column you get 2 choices instead of only 1 like on a normal weapon.

Yeah I had a full stack of modulus reports because I thought they were just going to give me blue weapons.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Those side-quest frames have no expiration, so you can take however long you want to complete them. They're how I got my Bygones that can switch between Kill Clip and Rampage.