As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So the only pure add-on that appears to be exclusive is the dice bag. Everything else that is explicitly "KS Exclusive" is included in at least Star Commander and up. Beyond that, they've said that the Legendary Mechwarriors will likely never appear in retail and probably only be for cons and other special events. I'm looking to see if there's anything else they've similarly labeled.

It looks like that's the route they'll probably also go for coins, dice, pins and patches as well. So that makes that all the more tempting. Seriously, the dice bag is 6x6x8. Wonder how many dice that'll hold?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Nobody you forgot about Clan Steel Viper (Annihilated after their Khan, who started the Wars of Reaving, assassinated another Khan for calling for the Vipers to be Reaved).

doh, I knew there was at least one missing and thought I got it with Mongoose. List is now fixed.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh, shit. The hero mechs are not obtainable otherwise? I would've grabbed that then. Can you change your pledge?

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Oh, shit. The hero mechs are not obtainable otherwise? I would've grabbed that then. Can you change your pledge?

You can try going back through the link in the email, see if it lets you.

Ok, you can and it's super easy.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    WOO! Locked in!!!!

I almost forgot my Urbie Plushie so added that in and only had to pay for the shipping. Sadly I forgot what I was going to add on to push it to the $300 mark with Star Colonel but it covered the plushie just fine.

I have no idea what those Pilot cards were so picked all the IS ones and Tukayyid. Luckily I think I can go back and change them if people here help me out with them. Also went all FRR because, yeah... Oosik.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Locked in mine.

Went with both Comstar Level 2s (King Crab, Highlander, Crab, and Guillotine are high priority/must haves), Clan Heavy Star (just a solid selection of mechs, nearly all of them are awesome), the Legendary Heroes pack, and added the Clan Heavy Battle Star (Ebon Jag and Turkina are both worth it). I set everything to Kurita

May have to go back and add the Urbie Plushie.

Yeah I am on the fence for the Legendary Heros pack. On one hand it is awesome to get them, but on the other hand it is 4 mechs (and cards) for $40.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I didn't bother with the cards, worst case scenario I get an extra Timber Wolf, and get 3 mechs I also wanted.

I think we're all getting a legendary mech blind pack, too. So... who knows.

But yeah, an extra Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf will do me just fine.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I think we're all getting a legendary mech blind pack, too. So... who knows.

But yeah, an extra Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf will do me just fine.

Yeah, IIRC, we should all be getting one Legendary Mechwarrior pack and one UrbanMech pack for free, above a certain pledge limit I don't recall off hand.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    edited November 2019
    BTW I have anywhere from 2-5 mech packs that I'm willing to trade for a swag faction pack (coin/dice/patch, eff the t-shirts), if anybody is buying extra stars as add-ons, could save you a little bit!

Tox on
    Yeah I saw that I get one Legendary Mechwarrior with my order, but was tempted just because it is limited. Hahaha. I need to check to see if I already have those four mechs since that will make my decision easier.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, I backed with a friend at Star Commander. We split things 50/50 where possible, he got some of the one-of game stuff (like the Clan game itself) and maps, I got the swag stuff like the shirt, patch, coin, etc.

We both ended up getting the Legendary Commander mech pack. Yeah, in the end we'll have an extra duplicate, but we'll sort that out when the time comes. Between the salvage packs, the Urbanmech, Commander mech, and the salvage boxes our lance/star choices come with, we figure some swapping about will happen to keep things balanced.

I think it was in an update, but I'm pretty sure they've said that the Legendary Commanders will be limited to their web store and conventions (like Gencon, which I believe they attend?), so it's not a full out KS exclusive where you either get it now or never in the future. It might be more expensive in the future, supplies might be limited, but I don't think it's intended that they'll do a single run of them for the backers plus some extra to cover any issues and then blow up the molds or something.

If anyone is really on the fence, that's where I'd start looking, just to be sure. There seem to be some things that are indeed KS exclusive, but I don't think the legendary commanders are one of them. But, however, they won't be at retail, so if you never attend conventions, and think that shipping will be absurd for a single lance, now might be a better time than others even if it's possible.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Yep, it is actually listed on the Backer site saying that the Legendary Commanders are a KS, web store, convention exclusive. But my problem is that I could buy them but I'm probably not going to play this game anyways.

This purchase is more to back the game I played long ago, support the current Owners of it, support the newer gamers with the Clan Invasion, own dust collectors (the minitures with one day hoping to play it), and ensure that my name as an Oosik will be locked in somewhere.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Bought an entire lance of Urbies because, why not. Cannon fodder for NPC campaigns? Check. Easy way to teach people to respect the AC/20? Check.

Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Bought an entire lance of Urbies because, why not. Cannon fodder for NPC campaigns? Check. Easy way to teach people to respect the AC/20? Check.

I mean, why not? I certainly did the same!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    BTW I have anywhere from 2-5 mech packs that I'm willing to trade for a swag faction pack (coin/dice/patch, eff the t-shirts), if anybody is buying extra stars as add-ons, could save you a little bit!

@Tox
    I'm down to trade my coins and dice and patches. I'll have 2 sets of each. Hit me up.

kx3klFE.png
    edited November 2019
    Ok, everyone here knows I have spreadsheet problems. Gotta make every figure in my collection have a proper canon home.
    So I'm looking at the Kickstarter stuff, and decide I want to make a Clan Wolverine Star. It's interesting to me, because they'd be using standard Clan organization but be limited to what the SLDF Royals they were formed from would have. I looked at the MUL and Sarna, and this is what I've landed on. What do you guys think?

Mercury [MCY-99] (doesn't have a Royal variant, but is strongly tied to the SLDF)
    Mongoose [66b] (Royal variant with an ERLL)
    Sentinel [3Lb] (Royal variant with a Gauss Rifle)
    Crab [27b] (Royal variant with ERLLs)
    Exterminator [4D] (Clan Wolverine was noted as one of the few, if only, to use the dedicated headhunting 'Mech after the formation of the Clans. Chameleon+Null Sig on a heavy seem terrifying.)

As a Star, it has decent speed (minimum 6/9) and good long-range poke potential. Thoughts?

Nips on
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    It works as far as royal units go... But it really spans the gamut of tonnage. I like the Exterminator in there, but it goes real light. That being said, what else you going to do with the Comstar mechs?

kx3klFE.png
    edited November 2019
    It is a little light, but I read somewhere that the Wolverines valued speed and flexibility over raw firepower. Not sure where I read that, though.

As for the two Level II's, I haven't settled how but I'm definitely breaking them up. I'm tentatively speccing out a Clanbuster lance (King Crab + Black Knight + ??? + ???) in addition to those Wolverine 'Mechs.

I'm definitely not planning more ComStar units, though; I'm perfectly content to avoid painting white 'Mechs any time soon, as I'm currently working on a Lyran lance and kinda pulling my hair out.

Nips on
    Today I learned that when the Draconis Combine was looking into a new model to replace the aging Dragon, their response was to increase the size of the old one and replace the LRMs.
    With an Arrow IV.
    I’m imagining a battalion of these (like they’d do with the old model) and giggling furiously.

Do we know if the Dark Ages material is staying Canon? I'm curious whether clan Wolverine being the architects of basically everything ends up being Canon at the end.

Dark Ages is still canon, Clan Wolverine being behind everything was an in-universe conspiracy theory.

Nobody wrote: »
    Dark Ages is still canon, Clan Wolverine being behind everything was an in-universe conspiracy theory.

I think it ended up having enough evidence that it was likely the case though.

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I need to do some reading!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    edited November 2019
    Architects of...what exactly? The Blackout?
    The remnants of Clan Wolverine/Minnesota Tribe weren't exactly a large or sophisticated enough force to manage something Sphere-wide I'd think, and IIRC there are other hints pointing to the cause of the HPG collapse.

Nips on
    I think it's mostly referring to the Blood rumors, where a portion of Clan Wolverine settled in the Sol system and became a secret faction within Comstar, that co-opted them and set in motion the events that led to the Jihad.

Wolverine are part of how Comstar won Tukkayid, then the Word of Blake conspiracy.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    There's a new Tex Talks Battletech featuring The Blackjack!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRe0UhgLKiE

wWuzwvJ.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    @Nips and anyone else who's interested in faction/era unit tables; I was making a list of 3025 mechs (keep in mind, this isn't about miniatures), and I wanted to include a lance-worth's of lostech mechs for each weight class. Looking at the heavies, so far I have the BL-6-KNT Black Knight, as well as the CHP-1N Champion and Exterminator (the full-crazy 4C, not the rules-light 4D). But which of the following would you pick for the last spot? I feel like the Excalibur has the most to offer in terms of a distinct hardpoint combination (from the other lostech choices, or any of the regular heavy class designs on my list). The Cestus fills out the team better. But the Shootist would be the only heavy with a stock AC-20 on my list, which makes it really tempting (plus going by hardpoints, as well as stock engine & armor, it's very close to the Cestus).

Of course I'm probably also going to end up adding any SLDF Royal models of the Unseen (at least the Macross mechs, because I have a hard-on for the Warhammer and Marauder). But I wanted to give good representation for FASA-original designs.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    The Excalibur is interesting because it feels like a heavy Centurion, and I could absolutely see the LRMs being swapped out for SRMs and the Gauss swapped for an AC/20, which would make it deadly as hell.

IMO...

Excalibur>Cestus>Shootist

The Champion and Exterminator like to skirmish and have (mostly) shorter range weapons. The Black Knight can provide direct fire support or brawl, but tends to run hot so if it goes in, it has to commit with support. The Excalibur enables your other mechs (long range fire support), the Cestus shrugs and goes along with what they want to do (all rounder), and the Shootist dictates what the rest of the mechs will do (brawler).

I think I largely agree with @Nobody except that I find the Black Knight tends to overheat more at range (PPC+LLx2 vs. 20 SHS) than close up (LL+MLx4). It's flexible going either way.

For me, I prefer to go all-in on a strategy. Since all three of your starting 'Mechs can skirmish-to-brawl, I'd go with the Shootist in the fourth slot. Its AC/20 is going to be your only true hole-punching weapon, while the rest of your outfit is sandpapering with a bunch of five damage or less pokes with the occasional eight or 10 point strike.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Oh man picking the force packs for the kickstarter is fucking brutal. The Atlas isn't in AGoAC? Really? That's crazy. They're crazy. Where's Kutcher, I've been punk'd.

So, here's my top 20 (excluding anything from AGoAC or the guaranteed Clan Invasion star):
    1. Archer
    2. Atlas
    3. Centurion
    4. Cyclops
    5. Hatchetman
    6. Hellbringer
    7. Highlander
    8. Hunchback
    9. Huntsman
    10. Jenner
    11. Mad Dog
    12. Marauder
    13. Raven
    14. Rifleman
    15. Shadow Cat
    16. Stone Rhino (Behemoth)
    17. Storm Crow
    18. Summoner
    19. Warhammer
    20. Warhawk

Here's which packs I think I'll take:
    • Clan Command Star (Gargoyle, Mist Lynx, Shadow Cat, Storm Crow, Summoner)
    • Command Lance (Archer, Marauder, Stinger, Valkyrie + 1 Salvage box)
    • Battle Lance (Phoenixhawk, Rifleman, Warhammer, Wasp)
    • Urban Lance (Enforcer, Hunchback, Raven, Victor + 1 Salvage box)

Here's what I'm willing to trade:
    1. Dire Wolf
    2. Mist Lynx
    3. Phoenixhawk
    4. Stinger
    5. Valkyrie
    6. Victor
    7. Wasp

Here's what I want to trade for:
    • Atlas
    • Cyclops
    • Hatchetman
    • Hellbringer
    • Highlander
    • Jenner
    • Stone Rhino (Behemoth)

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    We've got a spreadsheet for such shenanigans!

Also, it's really easy to pick packs from the Kickstarter: Pick All Of Them.

Still waiting on info for the canon characters to add another sheet to the workbook...

[Edit] I legit might want to trade for some more Bug 'Mechs. I love Bugs. Gotta think on it.

Nips on
    So I just discovered an eBay auction for decals that suspiciously look like the Oosiks logo, and I'm sorely tempted to buy them.

Convince me that I shouldn't?

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    So I just discovered an eBay auction for decals that suspiciously look like the Oosiks logo, and I'm sorely tempted to buy them.

How could you not?

Is this not an Oosik selling them? Is it someone who just grabs images out of various BT source materials and makes decal sheets? I'm super confused about this items existence.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Nips wrote: »

Wonder if he's on MWO and took a bunch of logos from the forums.

I'm sure you can do better with a laser printer and the original PNGs.

oosik_betsuni.png