As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    how the hell do you move that around the battlefield? so many little bits for me to break

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I think that's why they made the base so thick

It's a really cool centrepiece to the army. I wonder if GW is going to get around to releasing plastic priests etc. since they're still in the codex

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    For some reason from the descriptions I saw of the Codex entry, I was half expecting the Saint Katherine unit to be a WH40K SoB take on the Bretonnian Grail Reliquae
    g99k2q24irjr.jpg

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I mean, it sort of is? There's a skeletal body on the hover bed.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I mean, it sort of is? There's a skeletal body on the hover bed.

Yeah, I guess so. I dunno, the Reliquae strikes me as 'those crazy guys really are about to use that lance and try to charge in alongside the actual knights on horseback', whereas the Triumph looks more like a funerary procession and less like a combat unit to me.

It looks great, just not quite what I was expecting.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Oh, it is a funerary procession (that’s why it can’t board transports) but this is the Imperium, so it’s also a combat unit. All of them have relic blades, except for the one that has the extra-shiny relic blade o’doom…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Actual Drukhari changes from Chapter Approved:
    • Archon - 15
    • Incubi - 2
    • Mandrakes - 1
    • Hellions - 2
    • Reavers - 3
    • Cronos - 5
    • Ravager + 15
    • Razorwing Jetfighter + 10
    • Drazhar - 20
    • Dark Lances - 5

I'm... mostly okay with that? It's pretty harsh for Kabals but Cults seem to have gotten a decent-ish boost, and Covens have gone mostly untouched. Harlequins have gotten the shit buffed out of them, though. Probably going to have to pick up a big unit of Skyweavers or two in the new year if the -5 to them doesn't get FAQed.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh you wacky techboys!
    0898438c.jpg

They made an Ornithopter from Dune!

website_header.jpg
    I like the new giant flight stand.
    Best part though is that there’s at least another set of wings or maybe a whole other flying Mechanicus vehicle on the way because the Rumour Engine image that strongly resembles this doesn’t actually match any of the parts we’ve seen.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Saw more leaks for chapter approved. Looks like tons of point drops for Necrons along with Space Wolves. Pretty stoked. Just hoping the price is reasonable.

Is the KT book that is coming out similar to chapter approved or just another supplement?

There's an article about it now. It actually seems like an interesting and useful book. All the tactics in one place alone is great.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/29/kill-team-annual-our-top-five-featuresgw-homepage-post-3/
    KetBra wrote: »
    Apparently they didn't make enough of the Sisters boxes or at least haven't sold enough to retailers. I'll be picking one up from my FLGS tomorrow courtesy of a pre-order, but my brother was hoping to buy one as well and they're not going to have enough. Any word on when they're going to be doing the box without all the extras?

They said these monopose models will not be getting a rerelease, but the same units (and possibly more) will be available for order in January

They really should do another run of the monopose kits,Aube without the codex and other stuff. Those are some great models in there that would provide more variety on addition to the normal kits.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Psychic Awakening news.

Next books after Baal are January, March, and Feb. Each coming with a brand new hero.

Books are Ritual of the Damned- T Sons, Dark Angel's, Grey Knights,

Greater Good- Tau obviously, maybe Deathguard, Ad Mech or Necrons?

Saga of the Beast- Orks, and whatever is left.

GET HYPE

• MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Saw more leaks for chapter approved. Looks like tons of point drops for Necrons along with Space Wolves. Pretty stoked. Just hoping the price is reasonable.

Is the KT book that is coming out similar to chapter approved or just another supplement?

There's an article about it now. It actually seems like an interesting and useful book. All the tactics in one place alone is great.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/29/kill-team-annual-our-top-five-featuresgw-homepage-post-3/
    KetBra wrote: »
    Apparently they didn't make enough of the Sisters boxes or at least haven't sold enough to retailers. I'll be picking one up from my FLGS tomorrow courtesy of a pre-order, but my brother was hoping to buy one as well and they're not going to have enough. Any word on when they're going to be doing the box without all the extras?

They said these monopose models will not be getting a rerelease, but the same units (and possibly more) will be available for order in January

They really should do another run of the monopose kits,Aube without the codex and other stuff. Those are some great models in there that would provide more variety on addition to the normal kits.

They likely wore out the mold on the initial batch and don't have another one budgeted/scheduled, assuming the multipose will be the better investment.

uH3IcEi.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Saga of the Beast is almost certainly the rumoured Space Wolves versus Orks release.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Where the heck are my daemons at?!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Where the heck are my daemons at?!

Probably with grey knights and tsons.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Guys on youtube have flipped through every page on CA if you're still looking for details on your army. Nothing serious changed with Grey Knights at least.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My nova list dropped 152 points. Which is enough for another heldrake now. Which is nuts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1ye8LabGs

New animation projects. First one will have more details in 2020 -- "Angels of Death."

I regret to inform you they're still trying to make 40k Kidz a thing.

Edit: Also, The next 3 Psychic Awakening books announced.

Ritual of the Damned -- Thousand Sons, Dark Angels, Grey Knights

The Greater Good -- Tau and... Death Guard maybe? Necrons?

Saga of the Beast -- Orks and Space Wolves?

KiTA on
    My Crisis and Stealth Suit heavy Tau list dropped enough points to add in the unbuilt Ghostkeel I have laying around so that's nice. But despite being run as Farsight Enclaves and taking Crisis Suits, that army probably needed the least help of the three I play, with Grey Knights and Sisters still having some stupid points costs.

With the Sisters new release especially it's kinda baffling, who is the person who thinks Flamers and Meltas should cost this much. FFS a Lascannon is significantly more useful than a Multimelta in every modern regard and not only do they cost less, they went down in points in this CA. Stormbolters and Flamers, Plasmaguns and Meltaguns, there are so many directly replaceable and strictly superior weapons that cost much less that I just don't understand how they're pretending to do any playtesting.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

I regret to inform you they're still trying to make 40k Kidz a thing.

Much of the 40k fan base is toxic I do applaud Gw for at least trying to get new fans not via them {I also find it curious one of the people I do watch on youtube paint was part of a really toxic group. He went back and removed from all his videos that card so I wonder why}

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    If it gets new blood into the hobby then I have no problems at all with "40k kidz"
    I am sure there are many parents that have fended off questions about their little plastic toys from little ones, and giving them a way to share their passion for the hobby with the next generation can only be a good thing.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    40k Kidz except its like the "kid's" videos from Control

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1ye8LabGs

New animation projects. First one will have more details in 2020 -- "Angels of Death."

/ snip

the Aeon Flux lookin' thing is an adaptation of ADB's night lords books. You can see Talos and M'Shen in there. To say I'm excited is an understatement, it's like they made this just for me.

manji on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    If it gets new blood into the hobby then I have no problems at all with "40k kidz"
    I am sure there are many parents that have fended off questions about their little plastic toys from little ones, and giving them a way to share their passion for the hobby with the next generation can only be a good thing.

From friends with kids, I hear the “kids 40k” books are like the best kids books. Incredibly brutal.They do not shy away from death and the darker elements of 40k.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I'm ambivalent about the For kidz stuff.

But I will say that I got in to 40k as a kid precisely because it wasn't "for kids". That was the entire point of the allure when I was young.

Pretty sure as we all became adults we forgot that for the kids out there the coolest stuff is the stuff not for kids.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    How much of a "kid" were you actually when you got into 40k? Because this stuff is targeted at like, preteens and younger. Really, it's for parents to introduce warhammer to their kids, because their kids are still not at the age where they are going out and finding "cool stuff not for kids" themselves.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Axen wrote: »

But I will say that I got in to 40k as a kid precisely because it wasn't "for kids". That was the entire point of the allure when I was young.

Pretty sure as we all became adults we forgot that for the kids out there the coolest stuff is the stuff not for kids.

Exactly this.

Combine it with the fact that a lot of these "we gotta make it for kids" types working at these companies are, to quote one comic reviewer, "childless weirdos," and well. Yeah.

I got into fantasy novels because I picked up Castle Roogna by Piers Anthony when I was just starting High School. If some hipster weirdo had decided to make a "Xanth for Kids" I would have never touched it in a million years, and wouldn't have moved on to Dragonriders of Pern, Tolkien, Dune, etc.

Every time I see Warhammer Adventures, I'm reminded of Saturday Morning Watchmen. And for the same reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

KiTA on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Itll be wildly successful because there's nothing nerds love more than animation intended for kids 20 years younger than them.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Made a few lists using CA spoilers.

This list should be about 2k, and 2 battalions for Deathguard. I had about 130 pts to spare from my old list, and used it to buy another unit of Plague Marines, split the Poxwalkers, and buy another HQ. I needed to drop my Blightspawn for the 4th HQ, but this is merely rough draft. I expect things to change further when they get a Psychic Awakening update.

Still. I feel this list is pretty solid for what it buys. 20 marines including a Rhino, 20 chaff, then... Winged Prince and HQs, Land Raider with Deathshroud, Dred, Bloat Drone, Blight Hauler, and Plagueburst Crawler.

That's a lot to chew through.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [125 PL, 2,134pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 76pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Combi-bolter

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Malefic talon, Wings

Lord of Contagion [7 PL, 115pts]: Plaguereaper

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 120pts]
    . Plague Champion
    . . Codex: Plague knife, Plasma gun, Power fist
    . 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

. Plague Champion

. Plague Champion

Plague Marines [7 PL, 128pts]
    . Plague Champion
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Deathshroud Terminators [11 PL, 156pts]
    . Deathshroud Champion: Manreaper, Plaguespurt gauntlets
    . 2x Deathshroud Terminator: 2x Manreaper

Helbrute [7 PL, 109pts]: Twin heavy bolter
    . Helbrute fist: Combi-bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Myphitic Blight-haulers [7 PL, 117pts]
    . Myphitic Blight-hauler: Missile launcher, Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Land Raider [19 PL, 297pts]: Twin heavy bolter, 2x Twin lascannon

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 136pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Combi-bolter

++ Total: [125 PL, 2,134pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Viking wrote: »

Yeah, if there's one thing this hobby need less of, it's stupid crybaby gatekeepers.

Anyway, in terms of things that are actually worth complaining about, so unless I'm rolling critical failures on my 'use webstore' rolls, you can't get the Codex: Adepta Soritas except with the big army box right now? I was paying more attention to the model pics than the content rumors so this passed me by, but I'm just a touch vexed if the book by itself won't be out until January.

Although, I did just realize it's already December and going to be a busy month anyways, but still. Maybe I can borrow the local GW's copy to keep me up to speed in the Faith & Fury campaign that's starting.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I remember the first time I saw warhammer stuff was in s huge mall with a warhammer store in it and I was like 12. They had a diorama setup of Orks vs Space Marines and it looked so cool. I got a free catalog that I would look at a lot.

Didn't actually own any models till I was 17 though.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    So, unrelated to anything; I happen to have a spare copy of the new Sisters of Battle codex and cards. If anyone in the UK is interested in buying it, let me know. I’d rather one of you got it than some rando on eBay.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    *sad trombone* Curse my international-traveling-man-existence-that-does-not-put-me-in-the-UK on a regular basis!

*edit* At least, not until after January, in which case it will be a moot point anyways.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Exactly this.

Combine it with the fact that a lot of these "we gotta make it for kids" types working at these companies are, to quote one comic reviewer, "childless weirdos," and well. Yeah.

I got into fantasy novels because I picked up Castle Roogna by Piers Anthony when I was just starting High School. If some hipster weirdo had decided to make a "Xanth for Kids" I would have never touched it in a million years, and wouldn't have moved on to Dragonriders of Pern, Tolkien, Dune, etc.

Every time I see Warhammer Adventures, I'm reminded of Saturday Morning Watchmen. And for the same reasons.

I don't think GW wants a Watchmen or a Dune on their hands, they want a Star Wars, a big huge property that can singlehandedly support the company forever. They already have plenty of merchandise to sell to kids in high school and junior high. To sell to an even younger audience group they have to dial it down a little. Star Wars targeted the hell out of that demographic for decades, and it's hard to say that it's backfired on them.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, if there's one thing this hobby need less of, it's stupid crybaby gatekeepers.

Anyway, in terms of things that are actually worth complaining about, so unless I'm rolling critical failures on my 'use webstore' rolls, you can't get the Codex: Adepta Soritas except with the big army box right now? I was paying more attention to the model pics than the content rumors so this passed me by, but I'm just a touch vexed if the book by itself won't be out until January.

Although, I did just realize it's already December and going to be a busy month anyways, but still. Maybe I can borrow the local GW's copy to keep me up to speed in the Faith & Fury campaign that's starting.

Yeah, this release was just the limited release box, partly to fulfill the 'Sisters in 2019' promise, the actual army release will be early next year. If it's anything like an AoS release though I have no doubt that there will be a swathe of youtube book 'reviews' are just going through the book page by page, if you only need the rules.

Orogogus wrote: »
    I don't think GW wants a Watchmen or a Dune on their hands, they want a Star Wars, a big huge property that can singlehandedly support the company forever. They already have plenty of merchandise to sell to kids in high school and junior high. To sell to an even younger audience group they have to dial it down a little. Star Wars targeted the hell out of that demographic for decades, and it's hard to say that it's backfired on them.

GW's properties may be a lot of things to a lot of people. But they will never be a Star Wars.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Pictures of the sister/celestian kit are out in the wild. They are on 3 sprues. More than 30 heads. Looks like it comes with a heavy bolter and flamer each plus four of each regular flamer, melta, storm bolter. Pretty nice compared to something like the csm terminator kit. Presumably the retributor kit will have all the multi meltas.

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Probably something along the lines of 10 Helmeted heads, 10 bare heads, 10 Celestian heads and 3 Sergeant/special weapon ones.
    All the options for the special weapons is definitely nice though.

Even the monopose starter box had your choice of bare or helmeted head for 9/10 girls.