As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Bad missed hold on the next play too

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Cooper's done.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Seconded Santa's assessment.

Cooper is done for the year. The helmet hit his knee, and his landing upon being flipped over triggered a possible knee ligament snap.

( Edited update) Nantz says Cooper walked off his own power, so that's very good news, an he could just be out a few weeks if and MRI confirms that.

Also, Jason Garrett is unofficially shiftcanned at this point.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So... What shitty coaching retread or college wonderkid/reject will Dallas hire next?

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So... What shitty coaching retread or college wonderkid/reject will Dallas hire next?

Assuming that they don't give it to Kellen Moore. Sure, with the collapse of the Cowboys the last couple of weeks, maybe they'll clear house. But it's Jerrah, and he's shown a tendency to stick with people he probably should have given up on.

Fun Fact, as I posted a couple days ago, this loss makes Garrett 0.500 in his career outside of division. With at CHI and home to LAR, to end the season on the same percentage.

Am curious if there's any market for him, or if that'll be him done on field.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    FML. My team is garbage. Fire Garrett... into the sun.

• Options
    FML. My team is garbage. Fire Garrett... into the sun.

To be fair, Jerrah's, micromanagement, is the major reason why Sean Peyton, bolted to Nawlins, after Coach Parcells (once gain, cuz Jerrah!) was ran out, Had Peyton been allowed to coach, the Boys would've had another Superbowl , with a Romo. But, just as he did to Jimmy Johnson, any future Dallas Coach, that tells Jerrah to "Back the fuck up, and let me do my job!" , will be ran out, with extreme prejudice by Jerrah.

• Options
    Holy shit Taysom Hill!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Jerry drives Garrett out to the airport just so he can have the pleasure of firing him on the tarmac

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I wonder if Jerry drives Garrett out to the airport just so he can have the pleasure of firing him on the tarmac

Please.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »

Assuming that they don't give it to Kellen Moore. Sure, with the collapse of the Cowboys the last couple of weeks, maybe they'll clear house. But it's Jerrah, and he's shown a tendency to stick with people he probably should have given up on.

Fun Fact, as I posted a couple days ago, this loss makes Garrett 0.500 in his career outside of division. With at CHI and home to LAR, to end the season on the same percentage.

Am curious if there's any market for him, or if that'll be him done on field.

Jerrah is far too loyal to the dingleberrys stuck in his taint.

As for a potential market for a (pleasepleasepleasedeargod) soon-to-be-fired Jason Garret? It's the goddamned NFL. He'll get an analyst's job on some shitty pre-game show probably (pleasepleasepleasedeargod) replacing the high-functioning corpse that is Terry Bradshaw. And then after some other team run by a jagoff owner (Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Washington, New England) will hire him after their own shitty coach finally fucks off to Guranteedmoneyville.

Bonus points if it actually is New England and he manages to turn into BB2. ('Fun' fact: Jerrah has stated previously that he is/was concerned about firing Garrett and watching him turn into a Belichick-like coach elsewhere. A comment on what Cleveland did.)

The only thing I like about Jason Garrett is that in Head Coach '09, he is the OC for Dallas. And his skills and potential skills are essentially maxed out. And apparently has no desire to try and be a head coach anywhere else. (Basically, if you decide to 'keep' a coach, he stays.) Making it the on member of staff you never have to think about. (Turning play calling over to him works about as well as you expect, though.)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Falcons with the double onside kick success.

EDIT Actually triple because they were offside on one too.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    And with 0 pass protection, they lose anyway.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    For anyone who missed Saints/Falcons, a summary:

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The sports turds on ESPN are wondering 'Are the Cowboys finished?' and whether it's a mistake to retain Garrett.

First, maybe. The division is trash but Philadelphia has a far, far easier path to first place. And only one team is making it out of the NFCE.

Second, YES!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Assuming Seattle doesn’t catch SF—and I think there’s a word where they do—I’d much rather go to Philly than Dallas in the playoffs. @Dallas last year was a nightmare of bad play calling and Dallas might be better talent-wise. So, I’m rooting for Philly to pull it out.
    Also because Dallas missing the playoffs after starting 3-0 and feeling on top of the world would be funny.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Philly has a great shot to get to 9 wins and a good chance at 10 and the Cowboys have a low chance to get to 9 wins

Philly- 5 wins currently, remaining schedule:
    At Dolphins
    Giants
    At Washington
    Cowboys
    At Giants

Dallas- 6 wins currently, remaining schedule:
    At Bears
    Rams
    At Eagles
    Washington

Week 16 might be for the Division and since Philly should be above .500 by then, I’m thinking it’s theirs

Also neither of these teams deserves to host a playoff game and they are dogshit and will lose to either Seattle or Minnesota/GB

Re: Dallas...they have too much of their cap going to LB and RB and will be puke basically forever. It’s not the 80s and basically no teams are dumb enough to do a Zeke-as-Herschel trade to give Dallas the chance to rebuild properly

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    No teams? Washington still exists.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    No teams? Washington still exists.

Do they really, though?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the team that wins the nfc east will be 8-8 because the division sucks and that would be the most amusing result.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    the team that wins the nfc east will be 8-8 because the division sucks and that would be the most amusing result.

And yet they'll still get the plurality of national and primetime games next year.

MorganV on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

And yet they'll still get the plurality of national and primetime games next year.

turns out a lot of people live in new york city, philadelphia, washington dc, and dallas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eagles got flexed out of sunday night last week at least.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

turns out a lot of people live in new york city, philadelphia, washington dc, and dallas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eagles got flexed out of sunday night last week at least.

I get that. I understand the provincial nature of sports fandom. Especially in America.

I just want to see good football rewarded, and giving over a significant chunk of primetime games to consistent mediocrity just seems antithetical to promoting the best.

Though, thinking about it, and my schedule, it's actually a good thing. I'm in bed just after the afternoon games conclude, and can easily skip a TNF or MNF game as well, if it's looking to be garbage.

Just seems wrong from a fairness perspective, is all. Each team should get an equal number of primetime games in the first half of the season, and all games should be on flex for the second half of the season. JMO.

• Options
    Man

The answer to too many crappy NFCE teams in prime time isn’t more AFCE/AFCN teams in primetime

We got waaaay too much Browns action to start the season

• Options

7-9. Because we need more arguments about expanding the playoffs.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    There’s no way the Eagles don’t get at least 3 wins with their remaining slate

2 of the teams they’re playing are trying hard to lose and the other 2 are also even more butt than Philly

Like you can say “lol Eagles” or whatever but you should also be saying that between 2x-5x harder for each of their opponents

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Most amusing result.

• Options
    For sure that would be hilarious

• Options

Tradition!

Speaking of...Map Check

Looks like hell because of the Thanksgiving slate. The only game that feels like it's worthwhile is San Francisco/Baltimore. The only real promising result is no Buckman since they don't do two games a week when FOX doesn't get the national game.

And for those of you totally wondering about it, after Dallas gets the TNF treatment (again!) next week, they will be the national game the following two weeks. Because I guess everybody needs to be able to watch the game Garrett gets fired for. (Which will probably be week 17, at home against Washington, when they lose the game what would have sent them to the playoffs.)

• Options
    Jim Harbaugh to Dallas, I guess.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Jim Harbaugh to Dallas, I guess.

Anywhere he goes he's getting the run of the team if it's the NFL. Jerry is on that short list of owners where literally zero people would trust him to stay out of it.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    I know.

Endless weeks of sports turds gushing over it will never get old.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    National games are good. Sf at Bal is a game of the year potentially. Pit and Cle might murder each other. Oak and KC is almost for the division

And NE at Hou is solid

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    PantsB wrote: »
    Oak and KC is almost for the division

I'm nervous for tomorrow. Raiders are looking to save face from getting depants by the Jets of all teams, they'll be hungry.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Y'all are dumb, Harbaugh is going nowhere.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Who would want to stay in that frozen hellhole? He's just rebuilding his brand and then he's going to scoot.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

I see what you did there.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oh my god we're getting the Eagles game instead of the Packers game?
    I guess because Carson Wentz went to NDSU.
    Except here it's basically Vikings fans and Packers fans.
    I need to send some texts to some frenemies.

• Options

I see what you did there.

I suppose full retirement is an option.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    National games are good. Sf at Bal is a game of the year potentially. Pit and Cle might murder each other. Oak and KC is almost for the division

And NE at Hou is solid

The question is whether or not New England will be healthy enough to play effectively. They had pretty much half the team on the IR report due to some illness sweeping through the locker room, including eight defensive starters. Even if they’re all healthy come game time, practice this week has been severely limited.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
This discussion has been closed.