As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Audiophilia: Headphones, Amps, DAPs, and Empty Wallets

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    The original owner probably took their receiver with them. There should be some spot that has ~6(if all 5.1 was in the walls, or maybe just 2 or three for rear speakers) or more of those where the old owner had their TV and receiver setup.
    I would be very surprised if there was any current in them, but you could buy a cheap voltage meter to check.

So far I've found one of these in the upstairs living room and one in the downstairs rec room space. Could one of them have been where the receiver went in to feed a "remote" speaker in another room? Otherwise, I"ll hunt for a larger panel.

It's definitely possible, but, to me, it would be weird to wire in a single speaker into a room. Maybe they were using some kind of intercom? But that also seems weird.

I dunno.

Maybe the audio source was in one room, then they fed the wires to the other room where the receiver sent the sound to two speakers?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I need audio advice. the short background. My PC case has basic audio ports in the rear and a front panel headphone/mic port. In the rear I have one speaker plug that goes out to a left/right/sub set up that I kind of just inherited from a shared house way back in college which has always been fine but it's definitely bare bones. Whenever I needed a headset I'd just plug into the front panel jack. At some point it started having those port contact issues where you only get your left side output. I thought it was the headset and honestly it might also be the headset that is 10 years old and was just a low/mid range plantronics kind of over ear deal. But I just tried it with a pair of headphones I know work normally and am still getting the contact issues from the front port.

So whenever I need to use a headset now it requires me to get under a heavy writing desk to swap with the speakers in the back.

And I hate it. But since I have a desk mic, having the speaker audio can be annoying and mess with everyone trying to talk or hear things with me.

So I need in order of priority
    1) a new headset that doesn't have to use my PC front audio port (there are front usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports that do work fine). Also with my desk mic I don't necessarily need a headset with a mic.
    2) a full on new speaker set up that can drive both normal listening speakers and also the headphones whenever i need to isolate sound. My ideal thought would be some on desk box with a volume knob for speakers and headphones or a switch between the two. I'd love if i could have everything all hooked up and i can just put on the headset and dial down the external speakers.

I don't exactly have a budget figured out. I'm not entirely sure what to expect to be reasonable. a brief search through some of the BF deals like best buy is all over the place

initiatefailure on
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    I also need audio advice. Specifically, what is a good receiver to buy on the cheap, say within $300.

Background. For the longest time my audio setup was a 1970s vintage Sansui set inherited from my parents. Big huge towers that have handled everything from TV audio to all the generations of Playstations. However, I'm moving, and find myself lost when it comes to the audio solution for what I want to achieve. The speakers are already selected. What I need is something to power the speakers

The Setup. The new place will have the TV, PS4, and a 2.0 speaker system in the living room. There will also be a NAS in a separate room used to hold FLAC rips from all of my CDs.

The Goal. I'm in need of a receiver to output audio from the TV, PS4, and an audio stream from the NAS, for the living room. However the choices are bewildering.

From what I know of 1970s/80s era audio, I could go analog everything. Console HDMI to TV, TV RCA to receiver, and some sort of Chromecast/HTPC/Phone/whatever with a line out to receiver. I could also use my PS4 to access the NAS and cut down on the clutter, but a part of me finds the idea of needing to boot up a game console just to listen to music somewhat disturbing. I can't help but think there must be a better way to do things.

I've been told I can get one of these babies, which would have a direct LAN or Wifi connection and potentially provide a pretty good audio solution.

Reading up on reviews, some people seem to also swear by stuff like this, which leaves my mind reeling that something so small could do what it took an entire cabinet of Sansui equipment to do back in the day.

Any suggestions from the collective wisdom on how to tackle my problem?

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Anyone have any experience with 1More?

Their In-Ear Quad Drivers were substantially discounted, and I was looking for a pair of in-ear headphones to replace my Sennheisers (yes I know proper cans would sound much better, especially given the Quad DAC on my phone). Their construction got surprisingly high praise (even really expensive in-ear headphones frequently get blasted in this area), and I pulled the trigger. I'm not expecting anything in the +$300US range, but for about of third of that, I'm hopeful, but I'm very unfamiliar with the brand.

Synthesis on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Akilae wrote: »
    I also need audio advice. Specifically, what is a good receiver to buy on the cheap, say within $300.

Background. For the longest time my audio setup was a 1970s vintage Sansui set inherited from my parents. Big huge towers that have handled everything from TV audio to all the generations of Playstations. However, I'm moving, and find myself lost when it comes to the audio solution for what I want to achieve. The speakers are already selected. What I need is something to power the speakers

The Setup. The new place will have the TV, PS4, and a 2.0 speaker system in the living room. There will also be a NAS in a separate room used to hold FLAC rips from all of my CDs.

The Goal. I'm in need of a receiver to output audio from the TV, PS4, and an audio stream from the NAS, for the living room. However the choices are bewildering.

From what I know of 1970s/80s era audio, I could go analog everything. Console HDMI to TV, TV RCA to receiver, and some sort of Chromecast/HTPC/Phone/whatever with a line out to receiver. I could also use my PS4 to access the NAS and cut down on the clutter, but a part of me finds the idea of needing to boot up a game console just to listen to music somewhat disturbing. I can't help but think there must be a better way to do things.

I've been told I can get one of these babies, which would have a direct LAN or Wifi connection and potentially provide a pretty good audio solution.

Reading up on reviews, some people seem to also swear by stuff like this, which leaves my mind reeling that something so small could do what it took an entire cabinet of Sansui equipment to do back in the day.

The first thing is how detailed an audiophile are you? For example, AVR's can be warm or bright the same as speakers. So many folks like pairing a warmer AVR with bright speakers. I personally can't really tell the difference but it may impact you.

Do you have the NAS bought already? I mean the simple solution is a hard drive with it's own power source that you can connect via USB.

The links you have are for straight amps. Is that the direction you want to go? Any reason for that over a total AVR option?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    I need audio advice. the short background. My PC case has basic audio ports in the rear and a front panel headphone/mic port. In the rear I have one speaker plug that goes out to a left/right/sub set up that I kind of just inherited from a shared house way back in college which has always been fine but it's definitely bare bones. Whenever I needed a headset I'd just plug into the front panel jack. At some point it started having those port contact issues where you only get your left side output. I thought it was the headset and honestly it might also be the headset that is 10 years old and was just a low/mid range plantronics kind of over ear deal. But I just tried it with a pair of headphones I know work normally and am still getting the contact issues from the front port.

So whenever I need to use a headset now it requires me to get under a heavy writing desk to swap with the speakers in the back.

And I hate it. But since I have a desk mic, having the speaker audio can be annoying and mess with everyone trying to talk or hear things with me.

So I need in order of priority
    1) a new headset that doesn't have to use my PC front audio port (there are front usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports that do work fine). Also with my desk mic I don't necessarily need a headset with a mic.
    2) a full on new speaker set up that can drive both normal listening speakers and also the headphones whenever i need to isolate sound. My ideal thought would be some on desk box with a volume knob for speakers and headphones or a switch between the two. I'd love if i could have everything all hooked up and i can just put on the headset and dial down the external speakers.

I don't exactly have a budget figured out. I'm not entirely sure what to expect to be reasonable. a brief search through some of the BF deals like best buy is all over the place

Have you thought about a sound card? Either internal or USB? I've used these before and they work ok: Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1. It has it's own headphone amp in it as well.

For a new headset, that's a pretty broad spectrum. Is it for gaming? work? music? all 3?

Question #2 is also pretty broad. Do you want new PC speakers with a sound card? or are you looking for some AVR type solution for normal speakers? Most PC speaker setups have a box on the desk for headphones and volume (Logitech Z333 for example). Are you looking for 2.1 or 5.1? The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is one of the best PC sets.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The original owner probably took their receiver with them. There should be some spot that has ~6(if all 5.1 was in the walls, or maybe just 2 or three for rear speakers) or more of those where the old owner had their TV and receiver setup.
    I would be very surprised if there was any current in them, but you could buy a cheap voltage meter to check.

So far I've found one of these in the upstairs living room and one in the downstairs rec room space. Could one of them have been where the receiver went in to feed a "remote" speaker in another room? Otherwise, I"ll hunt for a larger panel.

It's definitely possible, but, to me, it would be weird to wire in a single speaker into a room. Maybe they were using some kind of intercom? But that also seems weird.

I dunno.

Maybe the audio source was in one room, then they fed the wires to the other room where the receiver sent the sound to two speakers?

When you feed audio to another zone, it's very often done in mono. This is to accommodate for very large rooms or outdoor spaces being run off zone 2. So they very well could have had a receiver running a second zone with a single speaker in two different rooms, and the audio feed being mono to those speakers for a sort of low rent whole home audio setup. At least the wall plates are correct!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Ok. First off hello. First time posting in this thread. I am seeking some possible headphones/headset advice.
    The Background: I use my PC to game, watch streams, use streaming services, and listen to music. My current headset broke last night. The left side over ear cup kind of just broke at the swivel joint. I was a blue colored Logictech over ear headset.
    The Goal: Some advice/recommendations on decent headphones/headset. I have only had wired for my PC but I do use Bluetooth for my phone to listen to podcasts at work. They are comfortable bur the problem is my PC is presently incapable of Bluetooth.
    Other input: If recommending headphones or headsets I would prefer to limit it to under 50 dollars US is possible; though more metal (previous sets being plastic and breaking has soured me a bit). I am not a serious audiophile by any means, but I also just don't want more junk.

Thank you in advance.

RightfulSin on
    "If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
    Ok. First off hello. First time posting in this thread. I am seeking some possible headphones/headset advice.
    The Background: I use my PC to game, watch streams, use streaming services, and listen to music. My current headset broke last night. The left side over ear cup kind of just broke at the swivel joint. I was a blue colored Logictech over ear headset.
    The Goal: Some advice/recommendations on decent headphones/headset. I have only had wired for my PC but I do use Bluetooth for my phone to listen to podcasts at work. They are comfortable bur the problem is my PC is presently incapable of Bluetooth.
    Other input: If recommending headphones or headsets I would prefer to limit it to under 50 dollars US is possible; though more metal (previous sets being plastic and breaking has soured me a bit). I am not a serious audiophile by any means, but I also just don't want more junk.

Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately I think you can hit Amazon and just get anything that has good reviews when you're talking about under $50 (The RUNMAS sets for example). You'll be hard pressed to find a good bluetooth gaming headset in that price range. Also I'm not sure how many metal sets are available in that range as well.

This is a BF deal, it's a bit over your $ limit and runs off of RF and not Bluetooth (has dongle for PC). But the HyperX models are all supposed to be quite good and comfy. Link

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Their In-Ear Quad Drivers were substantially discounted, and I was looking for a pair of in-ear headphones to replace my Sennheisers (yes I know proper cans would sound much better, especially given the Quad DAC on my phone). Their construction got surprisingly high praise (even really expensive in-ear headphones frequently get blasted in this area), and I pulled the trigger. I'm not expecting anything in the +$300US range, but for about of third of that, I'm hopeful, but I'm very unfamiliar with the brand.

They're very nicely constructed and come with the nicest packaging and case I've seen (also 10 or so tips of different sizes). They sound good, but have mostly listened from my phone on streaming, so kinda worst conditions there. Not sure if they smoke the Shures I had, but definitely wouldn't shy away from them.

schuss wrote: »

They're very nicely constructed and come with the nicest packaging and case I've seen (also 10 or so tips of different sizes). They sound good, but have mostly listened from my phone on streaming, so kinda worst conditions there. Not sure if they smoke the Shures I had, but definitely wouldn't shy away from them.

Thanks. I was kind of wary of the physical design, but the metal construction is definitely a plus (even if I'm not nearly as careful with headphones as I am with my actual phone). Sennheiser really seems to be moving away from the usual wired in-ear headphones, then again like most of these companies their reputation for quality isn't what it used to be anyway, so taking a gamble on 1More didn't seem so unreasonable. Mostly I'm worried about fragility: in daily use, most of my favorite high-end headphones have had some damage or another befall them, usually my own fault. At least these came with a nice little case.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

Thank you in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Swiveled-Neodymium-Omni-Directional/dp/B07JH3LSHN

These are supposed to be pretty decent and have a good sale right now

steam_sig.png
  • schussschuss Registered User regular

Thanks. I was kind of wary of the physical design, but the metal construction is definitely a plus (even if I'm not nearly as careful with headphones as I am with my actual phone). Sennheiser really seems to be moving away from the usual wired in-ear headphones, then again like most of these companies their reputation for quality isn't what it used to be anyway, so taking a gamble on 1More didn't seem so unreasonable. Mostly I'm worried about fragility: in daily use, most of my favorite high-end headphones have had some damage or another befall them, usually my own fault. At least these came with a nice little case.

As far as I've seen, they're built well. They have the nice fabric-covered cords, which usually means they're not cheaping out.

• Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Looking for a compact setup to use with a gaming pc & record player (coming off a seperate phono preamp).

https://www.amazon.ca/Edifier-R2000DB-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B016PAWJYS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3I7JKILPPRTYG&keywords=edifier+r2000db&qid=1575326357&smid=A23AS8PFN4IRUQ&sprefix=edifier,aps,213&sr=8-3

Anyone have any experience with these? Will be in a medium sized living room.

Currently running a Yamaha amp from the 70's and large PSB bookshelf speakers but want to downsize.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Akilae wrote: »

The first thing is how detailed an audiophile are you? For example, AVR's can be warm or bright the same as speakers. So many folks like pairing a warmer AVR with bright speakers. I personally can't really tell the difference but it may impact you.

Do you have the NAS bought already? I mean the simple solution is a hard drive with it's own power source that you can connect via USB.

The links you have are for straight amps. Is that the direction you want to go? Any reason for that over a total AVR option?

Ok, I went and educated myself a bit more on current technology. Everything I typed before was based off what I knew.

Apparently, the most painless way to do everything I want is to just pay up for a better integrated AVR to handle all the inputs, along with being able to connect via Ethernet to my NAS. It'll be something of a waste, since most AVRs that can do that also support surround sound. But something that is not current/cutting edge should do the job well.

That being said, I'm not about to shell out $Texas for speakers. I'm quite happy going the budget route. Hence, probably Elacs, which seem to be pretty highly recommended and have a decently flat response curve without going crazy into the V-valley.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Looking for a single over the ear earpiece that doesn't go totally into the ear (something like these cheap things), but maybe something a little more expensive that won't stop working in 2 days. The main thing is just working, don't need noise canceling or anything. Leaning toward the $20 ones on the theory maybe they won't fall apart first thing, but looks to be all no-name brands. Something up to $50 if required to get "just works".

Any obvious budget options?

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Any suggestions on a starter home stereo kit (brands or some kind of well known and supported bundle)? I'd really like to start basic with a receiver capable of receiving bluetooth from an ipad or phone and a pair of speakers I can set on stands or on the floor in the room, but I'd also dig eventually plugging a turntable into it (or having a combo unit with one built in). It's a big, open living room with lots of height and killer acoustics, and I'd like to keep the setup pretty minimalist if I can.

I'm just not sure if I can start buying online and piece something together or if I should be hitting up a brick and mortar store to actually look and touch everything. Our "stereo" at home has been us sitting next to an iPad for years, so we're pretty green.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Any suggestions on a starter home stereo kit (brands or some kind of well known and supported bundle)? I'd really like to start basic with a receiver capable of receiving bluetooth from an ipad or phone and a pair of speakers I can set on stands or on the floor in the room, but I'd also dig eventually plugging a turntable into it (or having a combo unit with one built in). It's a big, open living room with lots of height and killer acoustics, and I'd like to keep the setup pretty minimalist if I can.

I'm just not sure if I can start buying online and piece something together or if I should be hitting up a brick and mortar store to actually look and touch everything. Our "stereo" at home has been us sitting next to an iPad for years, so we're pretty green.

Do you want an old-school "shelf" hifi setup? Or an all-in one type of solution? Because I always bring up the Yamaha home hifi stuff because it's high quality, well-featured, and well-priced.

Receiver with phono inputs, and nice bookshelf speakers that you can later use as rears if you want to set up a home theater system. Those prices are MSRP and in Ausralian dollars, they should be much cheaper in the US.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Anyone had experience with koss esp/95x headphones?

I’ve been thinking of something higher end. I can get a pair for about 700cdn, or I’m gonna be in the US late Jan and they seem to be around $400usd.

So, they took about 2 weeks to arrive (quite surprising for Amazon), but I'm definitely glad with my purchase. Nothing says "quality" like earbuds like a big box that the manufacturer expects you actually keep.

(This isn't sarcasm. The box was definitely the biggest one I'd ever gotten in-ear headphones in before, and it was very nicely made too.)

The sound quality was an immediate step-up from my Senheisser replacements--though that was most appreciably, unsurprisingly, when I was actually swapping back and forth between them on the first day. Within hours I completely adjusted to the deeper, bass-ier sound of the 1More's. The construction is bulky, but nice and durable feeling. The rigid rectangular case is great, with its textured size and magnetic latch, and I'm actively forcing myself to pack away the 'phones when I'm not using them (though it's a bit on the bigger side, about the size of a pack of cigarettes).

My only "complaint" is that I haven't found any of the actual earbuds that fit me particularly well. They all seem to be...too big? Or I just have really narrow ears. Though a few seem too small. The defaults are serviceable, if not quite as comfortable (though it's not as though they're falling out either).

I wouldn't have spent hundreds of dollars on them, but I didn't, so this was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Anyone have any good suggestion on headphones for Oculus Quest?

I need to be able to drive them without an amp and have decent bass. Open back preferably . I don't need 'the best sound', but I need something that sounds decent. Big cups for big ears.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Anyone else buying into the Drop Pandas? A lot of reviewers got preview units and they're getting raaaaaaaaaave reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rei5vMQmD4Q

They're a bluetooth closed back with planar plates and a THX amp. $379 pre-order right now on IndieGOGO and they ship in June. The audio fidelity is universally acclaimed, and they're surprisingly comfortable, the only reported con is they're missing modern tech stuff from other bluetooths like automatically turning off when taking them off your head. It's been a bit since I bought some headphones so I jumped in.

Let us know how you like them. The sound sig sounds good, the headband has been getting complaints but that's a pretty easy fix with snap on padding. I'm curious if they'll have a booth at CanJam NYC this year. I'm back to debating if I want to go this year or wait till next year.

Man, I was really hoping to try and hit CanJam this year but Amtrak is pretty crazy pricing wise. Almost $300 from DC to NYC but I could fly Delta for $180 instead (of course I'd have to stay over night probably since flights in and out on the same day are tough to manage).

I've been looking at the Drop Panda's for bit and I'm really tempted. They refreshed the indiegogo page and have the $350 option again if you wait 2 months. My main issue is trying to see where I'd use bluetooth. I have my Shure 215's for the gym and I wouldn't use the Panda's for that. My PC and PS4 are close enough that I can use a wired headset without issue. I guess I can see traveling and chores as my options ha.

Soundstage has always been the trickiest thing for me to understand. I know my M50's have very little like most closed backs (small apartment, so open is not really an option). The Panda's seem similar, but Zeo's has some like the Argon having a wide soundstage for a closed back headphone.

For the $300 ticket to Canjam I guess I'm better off just taking a stab at these and if they don't work out, gifting them or something lol.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I dropped another $50 for the boom mic just to have it, but I probably won't use it because I have an AT2020 desk mic for PC use. I'll probably use the Pandas for music/podcasts at work and then I may or may not replace my HD598s for PC use at home.

• manjimanji Registered User regular
    I need a hand with a wiring nightmare on a second hand separate system i got for a song. I'm hoping to run my existing MD separate (currently in a soundbar and sounding like crap) into the amp and controller, but I'm well out of my depth.

amp:
    HCH7nh7.jpg

Im in the UK. I assume the 2 pin plug is the power and i need to add it to an adaptor and run it into an outlet. it may go into the controller though?

controller:
    hr8FBzS.jpg

the white plug looks like a power cable, but fits no sockets anywhere else in the unit and look doesn't look like it'd go in a power socket. i could rewire it maybe?

CD & MD player:
    3UhYYnj.jpg

the CD player has the 2 pin plug, the MD player the enclosed one. hoping I can discard both units, but maybe everything has to be linked?

assistance gratefully received...

edited February 2020
    Hey, those headphones look awesome. Just placed a preorder for them, thanks for sharing

Dixon on
    Yeah I think I'm going to jump on them as well. Will Bright just posted this on the announcement thread on Head-Fi:
    Re Padding, we're adding a layer of very squishy, perforated foam padding in the headband.

Re Extension, we're extending the range by 1-2 clicks

The team has been working day and night to incorporate these changes while maintaining our fulfillment schedule.

I checked out a bunch of reviews and they all seem to be amazing. I upgraded to get the boom mic as well. Seem like it will ship July instead of August which is nice.

These will prob be the nicest pair I'll have owned, I'm pretty stoked.

edited March 2020
    Yeah, I'm excited to use them. I want to Bluetooth to my computer which should be nice if it works well with minimal delay, but also having output from USB C instead should work fine.

KoopahTroopah on
    Yeah I have the x570 TUF board with Bluetooth, works well with the arctis 7's I have, but the general sound quality of the headset ain't amazing.

I'm excited to try destiny or battlefield, I don't even really play them anymore but they have great sound design.

Yeah, I'm excited to use them. I want to Bluetooth to my computer which should be nice if it works well with minimal delay, but also having output from USB C instead should work fine.

haha yeah the one reason I'm thinking about jumping onboard is because I can lose the split cable stuff with the PS4. I can bluetooth for the headphones and plug in for the mic.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    After taking a look at the rats nest of cables sitting on my desk I upgraded to the headset with mic. Although it has a built in mic so I'm not sure how needed it is, but eh its like $20 more.

Its reviewing really well so I'm really curious if I'll notice the difference.

emp123 on
    A boom mic will be 100 times better than the built in. I was researching the Bose and Sony models and you can find some sound clips from their mic's. They are passable but not great, especially compared to my work headset with boom mic or my Antlion ModMic.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I've read the built in mic isnt great. Functional, but meh. I meant whether I would notice a difference between my existing headphones (Audio Technica M50x) and these Drop ones, but provided zero reason for anyone to read it that way.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

haha yeah the one reason I'm thinking about jumping onboard is because I can lose the split cable stuff with the PS4. I can bluetooth for the headphones and plug in for the mic.

It didn't sound like it worked that way (plugging in kills the bluetooth I thought), but maybe I misread something somewhere?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »

It didn't sound like it worked that way (plugging in kills the bluetooth I thought), but maybe I misread something somewhere?

I hope not. Otherwise you'd have to do the same crappy splitter and pump audio out from the controller which kills quality.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I hope not. Otherwise you'd have to do the same crappy splitter and pump audio out from the controller which kills quality.

You should check their Drop page for it because as far as I can tell, anything plugged into the 3.5mm slot drops everything to wired only.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Drop sent out a new update. No delays (yet) and a picture of the new WIP padding and notches for the headband:
    Timeline & Headband

We’re Still on Track to Ship on Time:

No doubt you’ve heard about the COVID-19 outbreak, and there have been some concerns around the shipping date of these headphones. While it may be possible for a delay, we are still on track to ship on the advertised date. We’ve been working with our partners closely since the start of February to manage the impact on Panda production, and working with sub-component suppliers to confirm lead times as well.

Headband Padding + More Notches:

After listening to requests and reviewer feedback we have added a layer of foam to the headband, without changing the industrial design. Additionally, we added some more notches on the headband extension. You can see some photos of the WIP headband here.

pgtv6us6bjfopoxc46f9.jpg

Stay safe. Thanks, everyone!

Nice, that's a good update.

I think the only other thing I'm interested in is the DSP component.