As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Are these still wow characters or are they random sounds?

It's a Hearthstone original character that follows the Goblin naming convention, if that's what you're asking.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    8l1yq5sqwy8u.png: please let this be a normal expansion

kjm98u611fw7.png: with the Frizz?

nj0bs6n0hb6v.pngw33di9gaxju0.pngq7ayu80bc83n.pngq8iiz8aoesrh.pngi6dec9mqhax0.png: NO WAY!

8l1yq5sqwy8u.png: (fearful moan)

0nf1dzm6kknv.png: (bus sfx)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    the broken css really enhances the shitposting experience

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Frizz basically just gives new decks a way of competing with the tuned up stuff that already exists; ‘new deck with a bunch of dragons’ needs a way to tempo out with the likes of quest druid

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Hearthstone is a rich and exciting coin flip simulator.

Eh. On the whole, I prefer seeing cards like Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Arch-Villain Rafaam doing things than I do dealing with mana flood or mana screw. As random elements go, the former are actually fun.
    I'm saying every game is a coin flip.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Hearthstone is a rich and exciting coin flip simulator.

Eh. On the whole, I prefer seeing cards like Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Arch-Villain Rafaam doing things than I do dealing with mana flood or mana screw. As random elements go, the former are actually fun.
    I'm saying every game is a coin flip.

If that’s what you’re saying, you’re completely wrong.

Having random elements does not make the games coin flips.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    CRUIZIN' ON DOWN MEAN STREETS WE'RE RELAXED AND SHAMAN'S GOOD

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    But can you do a Duck Tales/Talespin intro parody of Hearthstone?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    of course i can i'm a professional

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    but can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    i don't take marketing surveys for free, you filthy advertiser

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Battlegrounds: I was initially offered Murloc Tidehunter. Cool. The second round, two Tidehunters popped up. I leveled up my tavern and froze. Round three, I sold off my token Murloc and got the two Tidehunters to make a triple. Unfortunately, the options sucked for my current game state: Tortollan Shellraiser, Screwjank Clunker, and Shifter Zerus. After some consideration, I went with Zerus.

Round four, Zerus shifted into Foe Reaper 4000.

While people eventually caught up somewhat, it wasn’t until we were down to top three that I finally dropped a match, and that took everything going wrong. I had a triple Lightfang and I built up my Foe Reaper with tons of buffs, and boards just melted. Easy, easy win.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Having random elements does not make the games coin flips.
    That's not what I'm saying.

• Options
    depth-charge.png
    tentacled-intimidator.png

Ehhhh

I could maybe see Depth Charge seeing some play in control decks but it feels like a worse Doomsayer. Dunno.

Glad to see Blizz staying the course with printing awful neutral epics though.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Depth charge is funny because in decks with healing/buffs (Pally/Priest), the charge can stick around for additional turns. But yeah, it's definitely best when played on turns 1/2 to deter aggro, assuming those decks are a problem. Highlander can use it as a off-brand Doomsayer as well.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    This is looking like a pretty irrelevant expansion for Wild, especially after RoS and SoU each had like 20 cards that saw play in and/or made new decks for the format.
    Dragonbane will go in Mech Hunter but it's like 2% of the meta. Flik has the raw power to be viable but he isn't odd cost. Ancharrr is also good, but Pirate Warrior (and Warrior in general) is functionally nonexistent. Camouflaged Dirigible could maybe show up in Snip-Snap but I'm not sure that's actually better as a 30th card than AHB or Mecha'thun. Dragon synergy is intriguing but the currently revealed ones won't make the cut in either Dragon Priest or Reno Mage.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    This is looking like a pretty irrelevant expansion for Wild, especially after RoS and SoU each had like 20 cards that saw play in and/or made new decks for the format.
    Dragonbane will go in Mech Hunter but it's like 2% of the meta. Flik has the raw power to be viable but he isn't odd cost. Ancharrr is also good, but Pirate Warrior (and Warrior in general) is functionally nonexistent. Camouflaged Dirigible could maybe show up in Snip-Snap but I'm not sure that's actually better as a 30th card than AHB or Mecha'thun. Dragon synergy is intriguing but the currently revealed ones won't make the cut in either Dragon Priest or Reno Mage.

This is assuming no new archetypes show up as a result of the set?

• Options
    The most likely would be a dragon based Malygos Warlock/Druid but Snip-Snap is both a faster and more reliable combo choice.

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 2019

the biggest lie in this video is that he used the weapon to kill a minion
    real talk tho? insane card. i think that card is fucking legit as hell, both for a slower midrange-y type and some kind of aggro deck.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    PqztGEr.png

aka "Duskbreaker was too damn good, have a much shittier version of it losers"

The Legendary is interesting? I'm.... not entirely sure there's a want for it though? It's basically another Faceless Manip, but as a 3/3 Deathrattle instead of a 5 mana battlecry. Gives you a front half, I guess.

edit: wretched reclaimer/reckless experimenter synergy for the Chronobreaker I GUESS........ MAYBE.............................

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I now see why we got a neutral super ooze.

BSoB on
  • Options
    A Hunter wielding a hammer? Wow, Hearthstone has truly forsaken Warcraft.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Actually, they're just going back to World of WarCraft's roots, back to Vanilla, when everything was legitimately a hunter weapon.

• Options
    bronze-explorer.png

Hmmm, that's quite good.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    good rate

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Why does the art look like it's out of focus?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    Why does the art look like it's out of focus?

No idea. I pulled it from Hearthpwn. I think they probably pulled the image from the YT video. Here's a better version from OutofCards:

bronze.png

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    stow.png

neh

This is the greatest card art in years

I love everything about this little guy

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    cobalt_spellkin.png

Hey wow this one's actually really fucking good?????

edit: Whoop, bonus one too:

e5SNOz4.png?1

ALSO GOOD.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    depth-charge.png
    tentacled-intimidator.png

Ehhhh

I could maybe see Depth Charge seeing some play in control decks but it feels like a worse Doomsayer. Dunno.

Glad to see Blizz staying the course with printing awful neutral epics though.

Like with Doomsayer, it's possible to silence and buff the barrel minion. I am extremely curious what a barrel's battle cry sounds like.

• Options
    barrel noises

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lightfang Enforcer is about to get socked in BGs:
    "Has there been any announcement for what is coming on the December 5th Battlegrounds patch/update?

I believe the only thing I remember hearing is that Amalgam is getting nerfed and we may be getting a new hero, but I wasn't sure if anything else was announced yet."

3 new heroes.

Balancing some old heroes.

2 new minions.

Amalgam change isn't until January.

Balance Lightfang to +2/+1.

Version 1 of stats page. Version 2 is January or February.

Patch notes will be out on Dec 5th most likely.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Like with Doomsayer, it's possible to silence and buff the barrel minion. I am extremely curious what a barrel's battle cry sounds like.
    You don't even have to silence the barrel, just give it +1/+1.
    Then keep healing and buffing it turn after turn....

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Lightfang will still be insane at +2/+1.

• Options
    i like how they also mentioned that instead of rotating out or even attempting to rework Putricide's awful HP they said they were going to double down on it (literally) and make it +20 instead of +10

i don't remember where this was stated because, like previous Battlegrounds news, it was probably Mike Donais on someone's stream. so that's lost to the ether.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Just yesterday I won a BG on double Lightfang buffing 4 dudes every turn. My dudes were comically larger than all my opponents' dudes. the last 3 or so battles I had all 4 dudes over double the size of their highest minion. After all was said and done they could eat their last Junkbot minion and still live.

So I agree, nerfed Lightfang will still be good, but def more in line with other cards of it's tier. I feel a harder nerf would make it unplayable unless you can cheat it out super early (lucky Shifter or sth).

Putricide HP is just "draft Hydra or Shredder", no? I think I only played him once, but it was ok. I wouldn't have rated it worst HP. I have a different problem with HPs, because I think that a couple of them are held back severely because they play too many animations. Like, I get that Nefarian is super good, but part of that is that his HP just takes half a second out of your turn. Compared to that refreshing HP from the one Murloc or any HP with a random element (which makes you have to reconsider your options on the fly).

/edit: Also, is Hearthstone in general buggy now or is it just BGs or is it me? Because I don't remember it crashing that often back when I played.

Grobian on
  • Options
    XSmyov4.png?1
    Seems a bit off for this to show up now. Would have been a great tech card during RoS against CWar or Boomsday against Druid.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    /edit: Also, is Hearthstone in general buggy now or is it just BGs or is it me? Because I don't remember it crashing that often back when I played.

Yesterday I had a stretch of three disconnects in a row while doing BG's. And then it was fine. I'm guessing they are doing something in the background that just messes up the matchmaking.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    PqztGEr.png

aka "Duskbreaker was too damn good, have a much shittier version of it losers"

The Legendary is interesting? I'm.... not entirely sure there's a want for it though? It's basically another Faceless Manip, but as a 3/3 Deathrattle instead of a 5 mana battlecry. Gives you a front half, I guess.

edit: wretched reclaimer/reckless experimenter synergy for the Chronobreaker I GUESS........ MAYBE.............................

I thought WotC had a trademark on mindflayer?

Sic transit gloria mundi.