As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Change the rules so that a division champion with fewer than 9 wins gives up their playoff spot to a third wild card.

No, if anything there should be less playoff teams in general, not as many as there are currently, or potentially more (as the players and/or league want)

I absolutely dispute the belief that there are 12 good teams in this current league. I wouldn't even go as far as saying there are 10

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Amazing to think that despite my Raiders being bad, if they win this game vs KC (hahahaha), they would be 1st place in AFC West.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I like the current playoff structure cause it gets us fun shit like the 7-9 Seahawks beating the vastly superior Saints (the beast mode run game too) and that one time the 11-5 Patriots missed the playoffs and it was hilarious.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I think it's reasonable for the top third of the league (roughly) to get a shot, however small.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I think Pat's knee is okay

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    If I was going to make changes I'd keep the current selection of division champs and 2 wildcards but seed off of overall record.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Raiders stop being bad please.

EDIT: They aren't going to any time soon.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    This just in. The refs in kc finally figured out you can’t grab a receiver.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    "It has been determined...that the receiver was... Grabbed."

• Options
    Comedy option I just toyed with http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Cowboys lose out
    Giants win out
    Eagles lose all but the Dallas game
    Washington win all but the Giants game

All of the NFCE ends up 6-10, Dallas advances to playoffs

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Chiefs sideline and fans right now

NSFW language
    Seriously though the blocked extra point on a garbage time touchdown into a run back is just the biggest middle finger I've seen in awhile.

Edit #2: lol Chargers

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Boy it's a good thing we have a system in place to allow for bullshit PI calls to be reviewed

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still #93 on the broncos had a very good INT @1:15 mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obsKUjOYSC8

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Change the rules so that a division champion with fewer than 9 wins gives up their playoff spot to a third wild card.

Why? Every time a 7-9 or 8-8 team makes the playoffs we get a hilarious game.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »

Why? Every time a 7-9 or 8-8 team makes the playoffs we get a hilarious game.

Who wouldn't want to watch the 7-8-1 NFCS champion Panthers take on the Ryan Lindley led Cardinals?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Brady looks like shit tonight.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

He's a geezer now.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

He's a geezer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfr6A5BQfY0

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    That Texans td was pretty great.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

He’s looked bad all year. It seems even Tom will lose to Father Time, and it seems like it’s happening this season.
    People often get burned for throwing dirt on the Pats too soon, but I think they are pretty close to bad this season.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Marathon wrote: »

He’s looked bad all year. It seems even Tom will lose to Father Time, and it seems like it’s happening this season.
    People often get burned for throwing dirt on the Pats too soon, but I think they are pretty close to bad this season.

Their defense is their saving grace. That combined with Brady at least still being a very intelligent QB keeps them in every game.

I'm not counting them out but the Ravens are going to be hard to beat.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Brady also has one of the league's weakest receiving corps.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    While velocity/placement are not where they used to be, he is still phenomenal at knowing the coverage and exactly where all of his receivers are on the field at a given point after the snap.

Also while not mobile, he also has a great feel for when to get rid of the ball, limiting contact, which also limits turnovers.

He’s a lowest risk/medium reward QB with no game-breaking targets to help him run up his stats. Put vintage Gronk or non-psycho AB out there and Brady probably has 1,000 more yards and 8 more TDs right now.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Wilson plays better when he's down

I guess he just felt the need to power himself up

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Vikings defense looks terrible other than that luck pick. If they want to make it out of the first round, might want to re-learn how to tackle.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Seattle is really bad at defending the two minute drill this year, aren't they?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Seattle is really bad at defending the two minute drill this year, aren't they?

yes it's confusing

• Options
    Bleh multiple Vikings down on a single play

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Wilson's pretty good at this football thing

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Cowboys fan is bad but the guy in the #12 jersey literally facing away from the field is worse.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Wilson's pretty good at this football thing

He's pretty shit at small talk though

He's so awkward even at generic sportsball -isms

• Options
    Booger with the insight that Pete Carroll probably OK'd the punt fake

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I feel like the NFL is doctoring the kicking balls to make things more interesting, or maybe MLB is making them this year.

• Options
    Fitting end for Vikings.

• Options
    Ron Rivera is the second HC fired this season (Jay Gruden was the first)

• Options
    Stay the FUCK away from the Giants, Rivera

This discussion has been closed.