As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Remember the movie The Stuff? Never watched it.

I don't know why I still love that movie because my god it's fucking awful.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Troll is a classic.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    On a slightly belated and quite possibly repeated note, does anyone else know that the Amazolords are creating an Event Horizon series.

Honestly I'm very suspicious.

But maybe.

Just maybe.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    There's no rain or anything, but the wind is howling out there. The house is creaking and the leaves are rattling off the walls and windows. It's like Ray Bradbury and Washington Irving hooked up and their kid was just a perfectly spooky autumn evening.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    guys I tried to bring my girlfriend back to life but now she's a vessel for an ancient alien sorcerer-king and I don't know how long my wards will last. I bought the candles at Costco

edit: NEVERMIND EVERYTHING IS FINE NOW

Depressperado on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I only today realized that the name of this high school is a Ghostbusters reference

https://youtu.be/j-2ZxldMO-M

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I wish we had more actually good space horror movies. Because there's nothing that fills me with more real dread that the awing sense of how immense and inhospitable the cosmos is to us. Give me something relentless because it doesn't have any feelings one way or another, like the vacuum of space, rather than some rampaging beast that wants to eat the crew or some alien ghost or whatever.

Well, there's this. More of a short film, I suppose.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA
    Time Lapse of the Future, 29:20

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    AlanF5 wrote: »
    I wish we had more actually good space horror movies. Because there's nothing that fills me with more real dread that the awing sense of how immense and inhospitable the cosmos is to us. Give me something relentless because it doesn't have any feelings one way or another, like the vacuum of space, rather than some rampaging beast that wants to eat the crew or some alien ghost or whatever.

Well, there's this. More of a short film, I suppose.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA
    Time Lapse of the Future, 29:20

Thank you for posting this, I love it. I've watched it multiple times now. This is extremely my jam.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I know it's silly, but I find that video super sad.

#pipe wrote: »

I find it sad too, in a majestically beautiful way.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    How 1 Guy Survived At the Bottom of the Ocean for 3 Days... Alone 7:41
    https://youtu.be/9MbQKWwJxBg

nooooo thank you

I get anxious reading the title

Apparently you can see footage of the exact moment they found him, it's on youtube

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I remember that story! I can't imagine anything more harrowing.

Wow, that poor guy.

edited January 2020
    I watched another video where there was a guy who was cast adrift in the middle of pacific ocean with his buddy (didn't survive) with no tools and supplies for over 400 days and somehow survived by drinking pee and turtle blood and whatever creatures they can get with their bare hands

Peas on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I remember that story! I can't imagine anything more harrowing.

I think my absolute nightmare was that Thai cave flood a couple years back, where like a whole soccer team got stranded in a cave that started flooding due to massive downpour. No food, no lights, 16 kids trapped on an elevated rock in a cave about the size of a Toyota Corolla.

edited January 2020
    This true story is scary:

http://risk-show.com/podcast/in-the-shadows/

Edit: This isn't a ghost story, this is a "human beings are genuinely terrible and horrifying" story, so if that's the kind of thing that you find triggering then this is a good one to skip.

Cambiata on
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Has anyone here heard of The Magnus Archives?

It's a British horror podcast about the staff of an Institute that performs research into the paranormal, focusing primarily on the new head archivist who records testimonies of paranormal activity submitted to the Institute by the general public. Eventually recurring elements and characters start popping up, over time creating a pretty deep mythos. For example, a number of episodes taking place in different time periods concern a location called Hill Top Road seen from the points of view of various different characters.

Most (but not all) of the episodes are up on YouTube, too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AdiUHYacaRI

BTW, the most badass character by far is a seventy-year-old woman, for reasons I can't explain without spoiling a whole lot.

Hexmage-PA on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

Edit: This isn't a ghost story, this is a "human beings are genuinely terrible and horrifying" story, so if that's the kind of thing that you find triggering then this is a good one to skip.

Can you please spoil it for me? I don't really want to take the time to listen to a podcast.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Can you please spoil it for me? I don't really want to take the time to listen to a podcast.

Ok.
    A woman speaks of her family history. A small portion is about her great grandfather who was clearly a sadist. But the main thrust is about how her father seemed to be into cannibalism and probably gave her human flesh to eat once without telling her what it was.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Ok.
    A woman speaks of her family history. A small portion is about her great grandfather who was clearly a sadist. But the main thrust is about how her father seemed to be into cannibalism and probably gave her human flesh to eat once without telling her what it was.
    There's also a mention that
    her father implies that his own father raped him as a child

It was a very unsettling listen.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Thanks.

And eww.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Oh hey I was thinking the other day, what's the scariest SCP? I think 3000. Giant psychic life-hating eel that lives at the bottom of the Indian ocean? No thanks.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    what's up with the SCP crisis? Did they figure out how to stop that bastard from taking over?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    I have NO IDEA I've not heard anything about it lately but I sure hope they get that guy to fuck off

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Oh hey I was thinking the other day, what's the scariest SCP? I think 3000. Giant psychic life-hating eel that lives at the bottom of the Indian ocean? No thanks.

Isn't that just Jormungandr?

3000 is... different. Also jormungandr has its own designation, 722!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3000

3000 is... different. Also jormungandr has its own designation, 722!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3000

Oh yeah I knew there was one about Jormungandr, I had also read the eel one, I conflated them.

I actually love SCPs about unfathomable sized creatures. The one about Fenrir's teeth is also great
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/lte-2712-bosch

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Anyone watch Paranormal Caught on Camera? It is on now on the Travel Channel.

Krathoon on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The SCP with the staircase to nowhere and the face is pretty creepy to me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited January 2020

I love SCPs that have like, long exploratory logs and stuff.

Edit: I would probably buy a, like, greatest hits collection of actual physical SCP files and stuff. Just like a bankers box full of actual manilla folders and stuff, hell yeah.

Metzger Meister on

oh shit oh fuck oh shit

The first time I read that one I literally had trouble sleeping for days. I had to leave a light on. I could see that damn face emerging from the darkness.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The staircase was the first one I read. I was working alone in the government documents section near midnight and got hella spooked, then had to walk back to my dorm in the dark. It's still one of my favorites.

GDdCWMm.jpg