As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who Watches HBO's [Watchmen]?

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I’m buying the god damn boy rays this show is ducking amazing
    Sorry but I think the Ray Boy is happily married

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Wife: It seems weird that the man who destroyed Vietnam would be lauded and sold on Vietnamese land.

Me: Mount Rushmore.

Wife: ...Okay, look.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Ah yes, colonization, merchandizing, capitalism. The cornerstones of American conquest.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I can't believe the swings they're taking on this show, and I can't believe how well they're connecting on them. Fucking hell.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I’m surprise that the alt right isn’t trying to review Bomb this show considering this show.... everything.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I guess there had to be an episode where nothing happened sooner or later

I'm gonna put this in spoilers because you'll need the context of the episode to understand

peteypedia stuff that ties into tonight
    the name for the Dr. Manhattan dildo was Excalibur or...Ex Cal Abar

those motherfuckers

I’m surprise that the alt right isn’t trying to review Bomb this show considering this show.... everything.

Oh, they are. It has 3.5 stars on Amazon, which is lower than Young Sheldon by a full star

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I guess there had to be an episode where nothing happened sooner or later

The pause at the top of the rollercoaster before the descent

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    You have to love this show's realism.
    "I'm not racist, but it is really hard being a white man right now." is kind of refreshing to hear a villain in popular media just say outright.

Also I wouldn't say that "nothing happens" when we find out that Angela's husband Cal is actually Doctor Manhattan, and then she stuck a hammer in his head and dug out a Manhattan activator ring!

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Thinking about it, I'm kind of surprised
    When Angela and Lady Trieu were talking, they never even mentioned the elephant in the room.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    what i liked about this one:
    angela's backstory being fleshed out

what i didn't like:
    the veidt courtroom thing. laurie's dumb idea to go and tell the whole story to judd's wife. the strained parallel between the tulsa massacre and a fictional vietnamese rebellion. everyone in angela's family dying in the same episode

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    I won’t say I outright disliked this episode, but right now this show is more than ever sitting on razor’s edge, depending on where it goes from here.

I still think this show is brilliant and thrilling, but it does feel maybe a little like episode 6 is the only one that truly lived up to the promise set up in the pilot for me? Not trying to be a downer, because I LOVE this show. But I think I set myself up for disappointment by expecting something transcendent instead of just great

• DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    "I'm not racist, but it is really hard being a white man right now." is kind of refreshing to hear a villain in popular media just say outright.

Also I wouldn't say that "nothing happens" when we find out that Angela's husband Cal is actually Doctor Manhattan, and then she stuck a hammer in his head and dug out a Manhattan activator ring!
    I love that the racists of this universe are seeking the power to LITERALLY turn back time

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Over the most recent episode's credits:
    Was that a rendition of "Life on Mars?"?

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Laurie in regards to latest episode:
    I know things need to occur for the sake of keeping the plot engine moving but you would figure all her years of dealing with goofy pulp villain bullshit would at least have made her wary of .....*gesture* .....that. I know I wouldn't have noticed a goofy ass Mr. Burns trap door chair either but come on now.

Cal
    I did think the comment he made stating that there was no god was kinda weird in regards to almost everything else we knew about him at that point but thinking about it, it really is the kind of shit some comic-booky Supernerd would have to say on the subject. I am 100% sure Reed Richards would say that shit to his kid.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Right up until the last seconds of the episode, I was thinking that Angela had straight up lost her mind and murdered her *not* blue man husband. they should have left that as a cliff hanger

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    You know...
    Laurie did spend a lot of time talking about how hot Cal was.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I was joking, fucking everything happened.

• TerrierTerrier Registered User regular
    Goddammit
    Cal... Kal-El

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Laurie in regards to latest episode:
    I know things need to occur for the sake of keeping the plot engine moving but you would figure all her years of dealing with goofy pulp villain bullshit would at least have made her wary of .....*gesture* .....that. I know I wouldn't have noticed a goofy ass Mr. Burns trap door chair either but come on now.

Cal
    I did think the comment he made stating that there was no god was kinda weird in regards to almost everything else we knew about him at that point but thinking about it, it really is the kind of shit some comic-booky Supernerd would have to say on the subject. I am 100% sure Reed Richards would say that shit to his kid.

I thought it was gonna be revealed that
    getting captured was somehow part of laurie's plan; I guess it still might be but it seems unlikely

also it's been a while since I read watchmen but wasn't being uncomfortable with lying something dr manhattan says at some point? I was thinking about how weird he was about that the end of the episode

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    And after reading that article, the aforementioned Abar’s first name was John. So many layers to these allusions!

Also read a review compare Angela’s childhood to Batman’s, with her parents dying in front of her and taking up a night-themed costume based off of a movie hero she admired

Lady Trieu
    apparently the Vietnamese historical figure who shares her name used to ride elephants into battle

Laurie
    We know Looking Glass took a 7K mask off of one of his attackers, so it's likely he's going to show up in the 7K base and do... something.

Also, not related, but
    When the hell are they going to reveal that lube man is Petey!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing the night of the police killings
    Cal had to intervene and that's why the guy who had the drop on Angela wasn't able to finish the job.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

hearing him say that basically turned me around on this show's politics, it was such a relief

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    "Oh Im not one of those villains"

*immediately says villain stuff*

Yes, good

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I was already gonna watch it, Craigory!!!!

Quit rubbing it in!!!!!!!

Between Watchmen and Chernobyl, HBO is really knocking it out of the park for limited run series this year.

But which one will walk away with the Emmy...

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Between Watchmen and Chernobyl, HBO is really knocking it out of the park for limited run series this year.

Chernobyl will, since it already won, several months ago

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Was there a Chernobyl thread? One of my pet peeves about its "reviewers" were about the historical inaccuracy of one of the characters, when the last episode has a section at the end of the finale explaining it. jfc

YaYa wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Chernobyl will, since it already won, several months ago

Hey it was so good it might win twice! 😅

Sidenote: the fact that something can win an award for the previous "year" despite being in the present year is weird to me.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    idly checks peteypedia this week:
    According to Mr. Ebert’s three-star review, Sister Night tells the story of...

*eyes bulge*

sC4Q4nq.jpg
    Kruite wrote: »
    Was there a Chernobyl thread? One of my pet peeves about its "reviewers" were about the historical inaccuracy of one of the characters, when the last episode has a section at the end of the finale explaining it. jfc

The whole show, including the ending slides, was riddled with inaccuracies, some of which were important.

In real life they all spoke russian!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    How many episodes are left? Are we down to the last episode?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453