As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I won't complain if you aren't using it. Thanks for pointing out nodes I forgot to unspec, I was trying get as much as I could with ~30 orbs when I started, and forgot to go back and clean it up.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    New Blast Rain sees a small boost from the increase in number of arrows, but no increase in the speed between firing and dropping. Still full conversion to fire. Will likely be pretty peachy if you can increase your arrow count.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Haku shows up in a Betrayal encounter.

"Drop some currency items."

*BLING*

...Thanks for the 3 exalts.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Mathil doin flame dash totems

since I did mine the numbers and ability to scale the trail have changed so much its interesting to see how his build ended up being diff

his hit damage is much lower tho cos pre nerf indigon heh heh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Haku shows up in a Betrayal encounter.

"Drop some currency items."

*BLING*

...Thanks for the 3 exalts.

Well sure...its the end of the league. Of course hes going to troll you :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    So I could use some advice.

I know not everything is out yet for 3.9, but this is the first bow build that has really interested me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wARPcb9bXnw&t=2695s

hes doing an ice bolt build with voidfletcher and i rather love whats going on.
    If anyone has done this before? I imagine its kind of similar to regular ice shot builds, with mostly just the gear differences giving the void shot and multiple projectile bonuses. But with the new changes we know about so far, I'm wondering if there would be any specific changes needed.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Of course it's gonna need what will likely be the hardest quiver to find after 3.9

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oh and I worked black friday, so I took the 13th off as my recompense day off.

First time, gonna start fast and hit the ground running. With what build I know not, but I'm sure I'll figure something out by then.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    So far we haven't seen anything that would change how that build works. Voidfletcher will be expensive in Metamorph since uber elder is going to be much more rare. You could use a rare quiver or a drillneck but then you don't get the overlapping void explosions which generally alleviates ice shot's problem of low single target damage. At that point you might just want to play ele-stacking scourge arrow, since it has decent clear and excellent single target. I've played that every league for the past 4 leagues and always enjoyed it.

One other consideration is that Hyrri's Ire had it's drop rate reduced; during Legion a lot of tricksters were using it for ED builds and it was consistently over 1ex unlinked for at least a month. In a bow heavy league it might be double that.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    ice sho point blankt chin sol traps babyyyy

idk if barrage support works on traps cos havent seen gem wording but single target on any bow trap build is infinite - just grab abyssals

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I didnt consider the change in voidfletcher. i know right now the price falls into 'reasonable' in blight. I usually take my time so getting to the point i can use the fletcher will take a few days at least, but ifs an elder only drop i suppose that might make it worse. but is that used in a lot of builds that might drive the price up even more? if its still a low usage item i don't think it would affect the price that much eh?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Late blight league progress:

Up to Tier 12s consistently, rolling T13s and saw my first T14 yesterday.
    Bought 1 EX, then bought a 6-link Dendrobate for 2 EX.
    Sold roughly 12 Stacked Decks and Porcupine cards to restock my currency.
    Got the Syndicate unique map from a Zana daily and actually managed to complete it. Took 3-4 deaths, but hey, I went into the thing blind and didn't think I'd even get through the map. Hooray, unexpected challenge completion.

Not bad. I'm wondering now if I can get 24 challenges done before league ends.

I still play every evening if you want a hand. Just add Heffz to your friends list.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    baron is pretty excellent but you really don't need it

Here's my necro. Everything but uber elder is trivial.

Slavedriver spectres are likely stronger than my skele/zombie setup but I'm too lazy at this point to change things. A baron setup is going to be better at uber elder but I never bothered since pretty much everything I have was stupid cheap and it works fine. I use the frenzy charge apes from act 2 as my spectres.

My Baron build is OP. At level 95, I have 8131, 300 ES, 13 zombies, 4 specters, 11 level 26 skellies, 43 vaal skellies, an animate guardian, and a carrion golem.

I was running shaped lighthouses (T11) to use up extra red dailies, and tossed my skellies up top while I was clearing the outside. A few seconds later I got the "Zana has granted you a mission" popup, because my 4 skellies killed the entire warbands offscreen.

• Options
    What does Animate Guardian actually do/provide?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Brody wrote: »

whatever meme shit u can throw together using his supports and items u choose to animate

for example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUclOySCW2A&feature=youtu.be

vulconus and a shaper 5% hp on death explosion mace

key concepts: x on hit items work (eg asenaths gloves)
    "allies" stuff works eg leer cast / dying breath / victario's flight are classic options
    hes a minion so he scales real fuckin weirdly eg if u give him asenaths then socket some abyssals with added cold to minions and added lightning in his supports the asenath explosion will deal cold and lightning on top of everything else... just gotta mess around with them. if u give him decay in a support then guess what, his asernath explosion will apply decay, and then...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

I run Dying Breath, Leer Cast, and Victario's Flight on mine. So that's 33% increased damage, 18% increased attack speed, and 10% movement speed. Also my Animate Guardian has around 50k life and at least 6k armor from his chest, so he's another warm body to take hits.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Pacificstar on
  • Options
    I just drop each item I want to animate and cast on it in turn, right?

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    I find it very frustrating reading about reworks without being able to see any numbers - it feels like an announcement of an announcement

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    They changed how EA scales. I wonder if someone is complaining about it not being needlessly complicated yet

*reads*

Yup

Once you get to a point where something like EA is effectively just like something else but with a super special damage scaling system, it's no longer complex or deep, it's just convoluted.

• Options
    Also, burning arrow isn't ignite so no prolif chieftan

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Also, burning arrow isn't ignite so no prolif chieftan

It does ignite, but it doesn't stack ignites. Prolif will probably be fine for clearing.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I'm noticing a trend of tailing off and removing threshold skill jewels

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Split Arrow is going to be a big leveling friend.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I'm noticing a trend of tailing off and removing threshold skill jewels

I'm in favor of this -- I'd much rather have the base skill be viable than feel like I'm locked into wasting two jewel slots to make a build work

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    They changed how EA scales. I wonder if someone is complaining about it not being needlessly complicated yet

*reads*

Yup

Once you get to a point where something like EA is effectively just like something else but with a super special damage scaling system, it's no longer complex or deep, it's just convoluted.

Wait, wait wait...

*Reads subject line*

This is still the PoE thread, right? Convolution is a feature, not a bug. What kind of exile would I be if I could just decide what character to play, without opening a spreadsheet?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    I'm thinking of doing a hardcore build this league maybe, but I'm really iffy on how the play is balanced around alt f4.

• Options
    I'm thinking of doing a hardcore build this league maybe, but I'm really iffy on how the play is balanced around alt f4.

"Just Don't Get Hit 4Head" - Ancient Etruscan proverb

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

hardcore build in a bossing league?

caaaaaa raaaaaaazy

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    fRAWRst wrote: »

hardcore build in a bossing league?

caaaaaa raaaaaaazy

Yarp.

Possibly SSF. I'm gonna play a softcore build first to feel out the league mechanics, but I think I'm solidly in control of the mechanics of the game and want to step it up.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    The real game is played within the spreadsheet, exile

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Look, I know the game is complicated

But EVE Online is the true spreadsheet sim

• Options
    dd7stgz7lorh.png

• Options
    new ea mechanics are less convoluted than old as anybody who has tried to interpret the ancient runes of secondary damage has discovered...!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    dd7stgz7lorh.png

Oh wow I think my sword and board gladiator would have loved this

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, Tier 14 & 15 Blighted maps sell for a ton, huh.

In other news: start running maybe tier 14s. Woops, it corrupted into a doable Tier 15 map. Oh hey, my first ever naturally dropped Shaper Guardian map, Forge of the Phoenix.

Softcore can be pretty rad.

Also, seems this Cobra Lash build can clear upper tier Reds so that's nice. Just don't, uh, don't click a frozen strongbox while your immune to freeze flask is empty. I'm not saying I did that but uh...I did that.

Characters
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if it's worth running these red Blighted maps rather than selling, considering even the T11s seem to start at 40c.

And then sometimes a T11 blighted map drops Intuitive Leap & Tabula Rasa and I haven't looted half the chests yet.

Characters
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2684989
    Zizaran and GGG are doing a race thing for a new endgame bosses, in Metamorph HC SSF.
    The new Awakener boss is an endgame encounter, and it gets more powerful every time you add a new watchstone to your Atlas. The first ($8,000) through fifteenth ($500) kills of a fully powered Awakener get part of a $30,000 pot Ziz put up, and also 1st Atziri ($500), Uber Atziri ($2000), Shaper ($1000), Elder ($1000), and Uber Elder ($2000) kills get cash as well as the deepest solo Delve after one month ($4000). Also, everyone who gets a full-power Awakener kill in the first month of the league will get put on a ladder, and at the end GGG will pick 20 players (with more kills = more chances to win) to win a massive MTX pack, which contains almost $1200 in MTX:
    Celestial Armour Set, Darkprism Weapon Skin, Celestial Weapon Effect, Celestial Steam-powered Portal Effect, Celestial Character Effect, Celestial Wings, Celestial Footprints, Celestial Herald and Celestial Cat Pet;
    Sin and Innocence Armour Set, Sin and Innocence Sword, Sin Weapon Effect, Sin and Innocence Portal, Sin Character Effect, Sin and Innocence Wings, Sin and Innocence Footprints Effect, Sin Herald and Sin and Innocence Sword Pet;
    Automaton Armour Set, Automaton Sword, Automaton Weapon Effect, Automaton Portal, Automaton Character Effect, Automaton Footprints, Automaton Herald, Automaton Wings and Automaton Pet;
    Transcendence Armour, Transcendence Dagger, Huntsman Weapon Effect, Transcendence Portal, Huntsman Character Effect, Transcendence Wings, Transcendence Footprints, Huntsman Aura Effect and Huntsman Dragonfly Pet
    Dragon Hunter Armour, Dragon Hunter Sword, Dragon Hunter Weapon Effect, Dragon Hunter Portal, Dragon Hunter Character Effect, Dragon Hunter Wings, Dragon Hunter Footprints, Lava Aura Effect and Dragon Hunter Pet.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

join us

join usssssss

I will be playing HC with a tanky boi/girl of some kind. Octavian's Holy Relic Guardian looks intriguing, and the good ol' Cold Snap Vortex Occultist can always get it done. Some flavor of bow Trickster also appeals if the reworks prove to be strong enough. I've done ED/C trickster for 3 leagues now and really would rather not start as another one.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
This discussion has been closed.