As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Fid #3
    Auron #1
    Chocobo Fina #1
    Shadowlord #3
    CG Sakura #unknown, more than 2
    Olive #2
    Beryl #2
    new Exdeath #1
    Vincent #4 and #5
    Zeno #1

10+1 was Rivera #2 and Nyx #1.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Circe #5
    Ultima #3
    Kurasame #2
    CG Fina #4
    Regina #3
    Neo Lenna #1
    Hyoh #5
    Citra #5
    Citra #6
    Aurora Fryevia #1
    CG Lasswell #7

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I ended up with something like

Esther #5, Awakened Rain #3, Machina #3, Beowulf #2, Jecht #1, Folka #3, A Fry #5, A. Shadow #1, Ignacio #4, CG Lightning #1, and Crimson #3

3 new units (I like new units at least) and then a whole bunch of bupkus. I guess Ignacio's axe might be good some day and I'd have ot look at A.Rain, Folka, Machina, or Crimson to see if their STMRs are perhaps UoC worthy.

10+1 was a swing and a miss as well.

Cirira on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Zack 5
    Ellesperis 2, 3, 4
    Firion 1, 2
    Kimono Ayaka 2
    Red XIII 4, 5
    Nhope 1
    Vincent 2

Pretty good, if not really what I was hoping for

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Hmmm, I don't know what to think about my 11 rainbows:

1. Ignacio #1.
    2. Raegen #2.
    3. Olive #1.
    4. Esther #7.
    5. Livid Shantotto #1.
    6. Akstar #3.
    7. Nagi #3.
    8. Neo leon #2.
    9. Auron #4.
    10. Crimson #3.
    11. Cg Lighting #3.

Two new 7 stars, one new STMR, but no units I would shuffle my teams for.

Congrats on your pulls!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Good day for pulls.
    30ish tickets on Zyrus/Aiden banner got me a Mastermind Xon (wait.. wrong banner) and Beowulf #2.
    Four steps (18k lapis) got me Aiden #1, Machina #1, Krile #1, Sylvie #4, Hyoh #5 & 6, Kimono Fina #1, and Operative Zyrus #2

Then the 11 rainbows got me: Lenna #2, Summer Fid #2, CG Terra #1, Kefka #1 & 2, Malphasie #6, Monk Sabin #2, Tifa #5, Hyoh #7, Zeno #3, and Red XIII #3

So other than Hyoh creeping all my pulls, turned out really nice; 4 7*'s, 1 new unit, and two units now one away from their STMRs.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I got a bunch of second copies of units, but I don't have the cactuars to level them up. Folka and Myra #2 were a nice get, though. I had a 6* Crimson and Dark Knight Leon that I got second copies of, so now they're 7* too.
    Did a couple laps on the Zyrus/Aiden banner, ended up with 3 Zyruses and 0 Aidens, which is actually pretty much ideal. I now have like five seven star healers, and finally a good magic DPS.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Pretty good haul from the 11 5* pull:

Summer Fid #1
    King Edgar #2
    Aurora Fryevia #4 (great STMR)
    Aerith #3
    Zack #1 (free TMR from saved moogles)
    Kimono Fina #2
    Esther #1 (free TMR from saved moogles)
    Dark Knight Luneth #2
    Magitek Warrior Terra #1 (good sword TMR for Malphasie)
    Warrior of Light Lenna #2
    Nalu #5

So that gives me top tier hybrid, magic, and healing units. Not bad!

In semi-related news, I am now running low on maxed cactuars.

Cururu on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to throw my lapis at the Aiden/Zyrus banner. While I really like the look of the Christmas robot sprite, I don't know that I need a new tank - eSieghard is a goddamn good tank and it would take a sizable upgrade to be worth it.

As for Hybrid damage - I have eA.Fry, so I'm pretty set there, and even original flavor Fry is on par with Elena thanks to her latent abilities.

As for magic damage and healers...my best magic damage right now is Circe (I have one K.Fina). Magic damage is mostly just a luxury at this point however, since I think after the next Bomb Family trial physical damage dealers can do everything else. My best healer is CGFina. CGFina has been sufficient for all of the content so far, but she's starting to show her age.

Then again, since I don't *need* any units I can afford to just pull for what I *want* and I *want* that good good Christmas robot.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm in the same spot. I pulled my second Galuf from the 11 pull this morning so I'm squared on physical tanking, I've got a geared Wilhelm for evade tanking and though I'd like the robot, I can't imagine what he'd bring to the table that I don't already have covered (apart from being neat looking). Still, the chances of landing not one but two Zyrus don't exactly fill me with hope.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    My 10+1 wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for, but it turned out:

Malphasie #2
    Kurasame #4 (come to me, Iceblade...)
    DK Leon #1
    Red XIII #...3? Hopefully #4.
    Regina #1
    MS Nichol #7 and #8...or maybe 8/9? Please stop.
    Olive #3
    Choco Fina #3
    Cid #2
    Auron #3

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm pretty pleased with how my pull turned out:

Chocobo Fina #2
    CG Lightning
    Exdeath #2,3
    Galuf
    CG Jake #3
    Nalu #2
    Shadow Lord #3,4
    Summer Fid #2
    Folka

It gives me some good options for UoC prisms down the road if I need something for a trial.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I saved up exactly 10k and was going to horde for AC Cloud but I am weak and rolled on the 100% rainbow banner.

Funny enough, the last banner that could possibly tempt me was Chair Rain.

Uhh, guess who has two thumbs and two Chair Rains for some reason.

Also some other stuff but that’s the highlight. Back to hoarding again!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Zyrus would be cool to get, as my best magic damage is Tsukiko. Tsukiko is pretty good, but I rarely see her on my friends list

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm in the same boat. My best mage is Circe, but the question is wait till CG Dark Fina or not. Op Z has 3 different elements which is great, though he seems to want to do mTDH instead of mTDW. Just waiting for reddit to supply some info for comparison. Looking at her in JP, it seems their LB's are pretty much the same. She's Earth/Fire/Dark vs his Ice/Thunder/Dark. They both have 120% imperils. She has some innate mTDW which is nice. He has more GLEX boosts though like his normal imperil improving over time. She has a CG LB though, which I wonder if it'll be like others where she'll have it turn 1?

The only other unit I'm missing is SS Charlotte. WKN is ok when I can bring Galuf to provide DM, but she'd make that role a lot easier. I'll probably wait till Christmas to see if WKN gets any boosts or the robot is a magic tank in CG Charlotte vein.

I did throw some tickets at the banner and got 1 Doctor Aiden. Another unit I'll wait for reddit before pulling more or UoC'ing. Folka has been holding down the fort pretty well after enhancements. But he looks pretty good, sort of a mash up of both. He has multiple auto revives and T-cast white magic like LW lenna, while also having ailment/stop/charm protect and barriers like Folka. His 10K barrier seems nuts for certain battles. Also has a odd ball provoke + 20 stack evade. Could be useful if your tank goes down and needs a turn to get AoE cover and provoke back up. Seems MP regen is probably his weakest area.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    My 10+1 wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for, but it turned out:

Malphasie #2
    Kurasame #4 (come to me, Iceblade...)
    DK Leon #1
    Red XIII #...3? Hopefully #4.
    Regina #1
    MS Nichol #7 and #8...or maybe 8/9? Please stop.
    Olive #3
    Choco Fina #3
    Cid #2
    Auron #3

Pretty happy more folks are getting Cid's. I have 1 person on my friends list that has him setup. I use him on most stuff, so having more friends would be great.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I don't tend to use finishers, but I could try to gear him. I think my friend units still are Elena, Karten, Godrea, Esther, and Some Tank.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. My best mage is Circe, but the question is wait till CG Dark Fina or not. Op Z has 3 different elements which is great, though he seems to want to do mTDH instead of mTDW. Just waiting for reddit to supply some info for comparison. Looking at her in JP, it seems their LB's are pretty much the same. She's Earth/Fire/Dark vs his Ice/Thunder/Dark. They both have 120% imperils. She has some innate mTDW which is nice. He has more GLEX boosts though like his normal imperil improving over time. She has a CG LB though, which I wonder if it'll be like others where she'll have it turn 1?

The only other unit I'm missing is SS Charlotte. WKN is ok when I can bring Galuf to provide DM, but she'd make that role a lot easier. I'll probably wait till Christmas to see if WKN gets any boosts or the robot is a magic tank in CG Charlotte vein.

I did throw some tickets at the banner and got 1 Doctor Aiden. Another unit I'll wait for reddit before pulling more or UoC'ing. Folka has been holding down the fort pretty well after enhancements. But he looks pretty good, sort of a mash up of both. He has multiple auto revives and T-cast white magic like LW lenna, while also having ailment/stop/charm protect and barriers like Folka. His 10K barrier seems nuts for certain battles. Also has a odd ball provoke + 20 stack evade. Could be useful if your tank goes down and needs a turn to get AoE cover and provoke back up. Seems MP regen is probably his weakest area.

I was going to say it's probably smarter to wait for CG Dark Fina, just because while this banner is nice for total rainbow count, it's pretty garbage for guaranteeing you an actual banner unit. But then you said you have one Doctor Aiden, so if you're willing to go at least 36k into the thing, you at least know you can walk away with a 7* Aiden if you don't pull anything.

Also, Dark Fina's CG LB does not go to level 40 or do the auto-fill turn 1 thing. That's only for "real" FF protagonists with CG limit bursts.

• Options
    He's just really easy. It's a simple 3 turn rotation and then I just use tornado or Sylvie to provide chaining options.

Looking at the damage calc, it seems Zyrus is around 3.5 million better than Kimono Fina.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I was going to say it's probably smarter to wait for CG Dark Fina, just because while this banner is nice for total rainbow count, it's pretty garbage for guaranteeing you an actual banner unit. But then you said you have one Doctor Aiden, so if you're willing to go at least 36k into the thing, you at least know you can walk away with a 7* Aiden if you don't pull anything.

Also, Dark Fina's CG LB does not go to level 40 or do the auto-fill turn 1 thing. That's only for "real" FF protagonists with CG limit bursts.

Only have 31K left after the 10K thing this morning. I could try my luck and then UoC if needed.

• Options
    Looking deeper at CG DFina vs Zyrus:

For finishing moves, CGDF has 35x available for 5 turns and has 2 moves unlocking it. Zyrus has an 18x move that gets boosted to 46x for 2 turns, but it's only available once per battle.
    Chaining moves: CGDF's non-elemental skill maxes at 24x vs Zyrus is only 14x. Same for elemental chaining, CGDF's cap at 20x vs Zyrus's 12x.
    CD's: They both have the exact same CD with 120% imperil to their elements, Mag boost, and unlocked 4x casting. CGDF has 24x grav cannon plus MP refresh available on T4, where as Zyrus has a 20x AZ plus 74% SPR break available on T1.
    Support: CGDF has a party buff of 100% MAG/SPR and 80% Earth/Fire/Dark resist. Zyrus is only for himself with abilities for break removal, auto-revive, HP/MP restore, and dragon/machine killers. Zyrus's imperils increase 75/100/120 vs CGDF only has 80%.
    Innate: CGDF has a ton of MAG boosting, with TDW and TDH. Zyrus has a bit less but a ton more survivability (innate camo, auto DM, ignore fatal damage 1 time).

Seems like GUMI basically straight up used CG Dark Fina as Zyrus's model and then tweaked things. He has a lower cap on damage but can get to it faster with tons of modifier boosts. He is quite a bit more tanky and he has more chain types to work with Esther or Christine. I'd imagine GUMI will probably tweak CGDF's chaining families but she may need a bit more innate tweaking as well.

I'm really liking Zyrus's kit, it's just too bad he's attached to this crappy step-up.

• Options
    Another pro for Zyrus - his animations. I feel like him and Aiden got the best animations out of the Black Friday units. Olive's are mostly recycled from her original version (same attack animation, same exact victory animation) and Xon's animations don't have as much...personality?

• Options
    Physalis story event this week. Wonder if her GLEX upgrades will make her meta.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    By the way, can someone give me a quick primer on how unlocking latent abilities and shit works? People tell me aurora Fry with her latents or such is very top of the line, and I just got my second, but I have no idea how you go about this stuff.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Drascin wrote: »
    By the way, can someone give me a quick primer on how unlocking latent abilities and shit works? People tell me aurora Fry with her latents or such is very top of the line, and I just got my second, but I have no idea how you go about this stuff.

So you go into the normal ability awakening menu, and you'll notice there's a new tab along the top that says "Latent Abilities". Go into that and you'll see all the units you own that have possible latents. Pick the unit, pick the skill you want to awaken, and then hit Unlock. Anything you unlocked is applied to all copies of the unit you own or may pull in the future, so even if you have like five copies of the unit, it'll only show up once in the latent menu and unlocking it will unlock it for all your copies. I think so far the standard is 2 Latent Abilities per unit, and each Latent ability has 3 stages to fully unlock it.

Abilities are unlocked with Enlightenment Points (EPs) which you earn by going to Enhance tab of the Vortex and running the Chamber of Enlightenment. You can do a free daily run there for a free 350 EPs / day. Or if you can use keys acquired through events or giveaways or whatever to run the Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond room and get more EPs. One key = one run, ex one diamond key = 1 run on the Chamber of Enlightenment - Diamond.

All the rooms are easy fights; it's just a single golden bomb enemy that dies to a light sneeze, so you don't have to worry about gearing or anything to run them.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Thanks for the explanation. Though that probably means latenting anyone is going to take a while. Well, might as well get started.

• Options
    Thanks for the explanation. Though that probably means latenting anyone is going to take a while. Well, might as well get started.

It's not terrible as long you don't do every single unit. It's 5000 EPs to fully unlock an ability, so 10,000 to do both for the unit. Coincidentally, the Diamond key room drops 10,000 EPs for one run.
    If you've never done any of them before, you probably have at least one Diamond, because I think we were given a set of each key as a login gift when the feature came out.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Cruor wrote: »
    Physalis story event this week. Wonder if her GLEX upgrades will make her meta.

It's funny she's a TDW user when she has one big gun haha. Sadly I don't need another physical DPS unit, even though I like her character.
    Happy IW is coming back. I have a few new items to run through.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular

Chances are you have a handful of keys in your inventory somewhere.

• Options
    Physalis was one of my favorite parts of season 2, but I just don't have the resources left to try to get her this week. It also really bugs me that she's a TDW unit despite obviously holding one weapon. Same with DK Leon, actually.

• Options
    I never did finish the story. The Lid/Jake thing annoyed me so much I couldn't continue.

• Options
    So, as to Physalis being TDW and only having one weapon, her animations address that:
    100022806%20Standby.gif
    100022807%20Attack.gif

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I pretty much want any gun user to be TDH, but that's just because I have CG Jake and Vincent's STMRs.

• Options
    If you're current on trials, Physalis can equip throwing weapons as well. So the Icebird gun + Rising Sun is a decent, STMR level combo.

• Options
    OK fine, she's pretty cool looking. I still don't have any damn tickets or enough lapis.

• Options
    Man, I have quite a few things I want to run through IW this time. Cross Aigaion Arm, Hyoh's STMR, Dynamo Dagger, Artemis Bow...I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting, but those are the big ones.

• Options
    I got my fourth High Seraph Ultima from the all rainbows draw, so I have her dagger and Operative Zyrus' STMR, Shadowlord's STMR and I'm debating doing the trial for the Tiger Claws. I'm somewhat ambivalent about getting the Artemis Bow, since I'm pretty good on DPS right now, so getting my Aurora Fry up to snuff isn't a big priority. I also don't have enough cactuars to level her up anyway.

I'm also really dreading the Item World. I had such terrible luck last time that I seriously doubt I'll be able to get rares on everything I'd like. Who knows though, right? RNG gonna RNG.

• Options
    I'm cleaning a bit and seeing about leveling some of my new dudes, and I'm facing a couple doubts.

a) Not sure if I want Esther's STMR or another Esther to ensure having chaining, because Esther is still my damage dealer and with Super Saiyan 2 Rain out the amount of Esthers in my friend list has dropped precipitously.

b) Not sure how to equip Aurora Fryevia. I don't actually have that many hybrid weapons! I could spend a moogle on a second copy of Terra's Sword? It's not, like, spectacular, but it's a good one.

• Options
    I'm cleaning a bit and seeing about leveling some of my new dudes, and I'm facing a couple doubts.

a) Not sure if I want Esther's STMR or another Esther to ensure having chaining, because Esther is still my damage dealer and with Super Saiyan 2 Rain out the amount of Esthers in my friend list has dropped precipitously.

b) Not sure how to equip Aurora Fryevia. I don't actually have that many hybrid weapons! I could spend a moogle on a second copy of Terra's Sword? It's not, like, spectacular, but it's a good one.

a) Having two Esthers is a good idea if you want for chaining partners. Her STMR is good, but not as good as a chaining partner.

b) Hybrid units are rather difficult to equip for both ATK and MAG, all things told. You could equip her like a standard TDH unit focusing on ATK and do decently enough. Do you have the Soul Saber from the FFVI event that Edgar came with? It doesn't have the highest ATK, but it has high variance that makes up for it. She'd also do well with CG Firion's TMR sword if you have a single copy of him somewhere, as it has higher ATK and high variance. Mine is using Equip Bow and the Artemis Bow from the Scorn of the Bloody Moon trial, but that's a difficult-ass fight for a niche piece of equipment.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Cruor wrote: »

a) Having two Esthers is a good idea if you want for chaining partners. Her STMR is good, but not as good as a chaining partner.

b) Hybrid units are rather difficult to equip for both ATK and MAG, all things told. You could equip her like a standard TDH unit focusing on ATK and do decently enough. Do you have the Soul Saber from the FFVI event that Edgar came with? It doesn't have the highest ATK, but it has high variance that makes up for it. She'd also do well with CG Firion's TMR sword if you have a single copy of him somewhere, as it has higher ATK and high variance. Mine is using Equip Bow and the Artemis Bow from the Scorn of the Bloody Moon trial, but that's a difficult-ass fight for a niche piece of equipment.

I'll see what I have for equipping a second Esther.

As for Fry, I've been trying stuff in FFBEquip, and I could get her to 350% ATK/390% MAG by spending a couple moogles, looks like, if I gut Malph:
    hKJK0jB.png

It's not like Terra actually needs her STMR, she has so many mag bonuses that honestly I think I maxed her with a couple Letters&Arms. I could use that last materia slot for more attack, but I figured maybe a touch more bulk instead was a good idea?

Drascin on