As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Side note: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was in development before Sekiro, and it was inspired by older From Software games, not Sekiro.
    edit: see Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Is "Very Similar" To Sekiro, Confirms Respawn

That’s a crazy coincidence then because older From games don’t have that same mechanic that both of the do, at least not in the same way that both of them do, stamina bar and all.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Man I spent way way way too long killing that optional mini boss on the first level. Finished the intro and first level and having a lot of fun so far,

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Any word on DLC plans?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    This game has to have one of the strongest last half-hours that I can remember in a long time.

For me that's when it all falls apart and the larger problems with the story in general start to become obvious.
    So Trilla follows you, because of course she does. But then leaves the Mantis alone...why? When you leave the vault there's a small army between you and the Mantis but that's it. Why did she run off instead of capturing all of you. Cal was literally at her mercy when he was seeing her past through her lightsaber and she just walked away.

But before that. The grand culmination of all that Zeffo bullshit was... nothing. Nothing came of it other than Cal being shown a vision so obvious that its the first thing Merrin says about their quest. What makes you think trying to round up all of these kids and train them won't just get them all hunted down and killed? It's a fucking idiotic idea that I had been shaking my head over for the whole game.

And if there wasn't a point to any of the Zeffo stuff, why did Cordova make you go through all of it? All you needed was the Astrium. Why bury the lede? And what about the Astrium he found on Kashyyk? Are they single use only? There's no reason to actually go to planet Zeffo. The Astrium is on Dathomir.

Did Cordova really not think that sending some Jedi on a planet hopping quest ruin delving wouldn't get the attention of the Empire and get them followed and/or killed and the Holocron in the hands of the Empire? That seems like the most likely outcome, and that's exactly what happens.

• Options
    Heir wrote: »
    Any word on DLC plans?

There are no DLC plans.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    This game has to have one of the strongest last half-hours that I can remember in a long time.

For me that's when it all falls apart and the larger problems with the story in general start to become obvious.
    So Trilla follows you, because of course she does. But then leaves the Mantis alone...why? When you leave the vault there's a small army between you and the Mantis but that's it. Why did she run off instead of capturing all of you. Cal was literally at her mercy when he was seeing her past through her lightsaber and she just walked away.

But before that. The grand culmination of all that Zeffo bullshit was... nothing. Nothing came of it other than Cal being shown a vision so obvious that its the first thing Merrin says about their quest. What makes you think trying to round up all of these kids and train them won't just get them all hunted down and killed? It's a fucking idiotic idea that I had been shaking my head over for the whole game.

And if there wasn't a point to any of the Zeffo stuff, why did Cordova make you go through all of it? All you needed was the Astrium. Why bury the lede? And what about the Astrium he found on Kashyyk? Are they single use only? There's no reason to actually go to planet Zeffo. The Astrium is on Dathomir.

Did Cordova really not think that sending some Jedi on a planet hopping quest ruin delving wouldn't get the attention of the Empire and get them followed and/or killed and the Holocron in the hands of the Empire? That seems like the most likely outcome, and that's exactly what happens.

For the bolded:
    The Empire didn't exist when Cordova set up the quest.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Based on what he says I am pretty sure
    Cordova's journey takes place during the Clone Wars it seems. And ends roughly about the time Order 66 occurs, or just before it. There is that late game holo where he talks about sensing the end of the Jedi Order approaching.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Any word on DLC plans?
    There are no DLC plans.
    I'm hoping for a Mysteries of the Sith-style standalone expansion where you play Merrin.

• Options

For the bolded:
    Why go to such lengths to hide the Holocron then? If I’m forgetting an early cutscene then okay but why hide it in such a way?

• Options

For the bolded:
    Why go to such lengths to hide the Holocron then? If I’m forgetting an early cutscene then okay but why hide it in such a way?
    Because he sensed some kind of catastrophe that leads to the downfall fo the Jedi.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Okay then it’s still ridiculous.
    I remember that cutscene on Ilum where he mentions that but okay so, he senses the fall of the whole order which leads to a future where Jedi or even potential Jedi are hunted and killed otherwise why hide the names of force sensitive children like that.

That’s still kind of nuts to have finding it involve in Jedi having to do very unsubtle things on numerous worlds.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Just finished, and I did like it.

I'm glad that they
    destroyed the Holocron
    for the reasons mentioned above.

I'm also strangely glad that you don't
    fight Darth Vader at the end -- when he appears, you just hike up your skirts and run for the exit. And it looks like Cere doesn't know his "original" identity.

I liked the fact that this (and The Mandalorian, come to think of it) is kind of tying together all three movie eras, with old Clone War/Republic-era remnants together with the more contemporary Imperial equipment, and bringing in aliens &c. from the Disney films.

• Options
    Man there is a LOT more Metroid/castlevania then I was expecting . Why did it take this freaking long for someone to decide a Star Wars Metroidvania was a brilliant idea? Difficulty seems fine so far in Jedi master so far but the inquisitor types are scary.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I just beat the game. I need a nap after that final sequence. I'm drained emotionally from all of it. This was an amazing Star Wars experience.

I hope we get more of these characters because they were all top notch and great additions to the universe.
    RIP Trillo. I was hoping you'd be redeemed.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I just beat the game. I need a nap after that final sequence. I'm drained emotionally from all of it. This was an amazing Star Wars experience.

I hope we get more of these characters because they were all top notch and great additions to the universe.

Well.
    I think she was. That’s what her saying “Avenge Us” meant to me. I took that ‘us’ to mean the fallen Jedi.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    How much do I want to get that stupid lightsaber throw achievement? :|

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Well.
    I think she was. That’s what her saying “Avenge Us” meant to me. I took that ‘us’ to mean the fallen Jedi.

I think it was meant to be ambiguous. Since it's not out of character for a Dark Sider to think that way about Vader and the Emperor.

Rebels
    Formerly Darth Now Just Maul's last words were "He will avenge us." (talking about Luke)

Kamar on
  • Options

Well.
    That's how I interpreted her statement as well. But I was more saying I wished we'd get to see more of her in the future. She was a great character.

• Options
    Man there is a LOT more Metroid/castlevania then I was expecting . Why did it take this freaking long for someone to decide a Star Wars Metroidvania was a brilliant idea? Difficulty seems fine so far in Jedi master so far but the inquisitor types are scary.

Zeffo and Dathomir could really use alternate landing sites to cut down on the backtracking.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I do expect that a later patch will add some kind of travel from any meditation point to the ship, but not vice versa. I don't think the actual moving around and backtracking time was all that bad at all but I may be in the minority (at least based on reading stuff around online about THIS MAP MAKES NO SENSE and I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I'M GOING ALL THE TIME)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    The way some of the purge stuff was handled in the this game got me thinking that a Star Wars horror movie could be a neat thing. I just never really considered how horrifying the purge would've been for the Jedi - particularly the padawans and younglings. This game did a good job of conveying how scary it would be to have a bunch of your besties suddenly turn into blood-thirsty murderers.

• Options
    I do expect that a later patch will add some kind of travel from any meditation point to the ship, but not vice versa. I don't think the actual moving around and backtracking time was all that bad at all but I may be in the minority (at least based on reading stuff around online about THIS MAP MAKES NO SENSE and I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I'M GOING ALL THE TIME)

People have trouble reading this map? I thought Fallen Orders map was really good just for the fact that it color codes places you can go but haven't (yellow), places you couldn't go before, but can now (green), and places you can't go *yet* (red).

• Options
    The way some of the purge stuff was handled in the this game got me thinking that a Star Wars horror movie could be a neat thing. I just never really considered how horrifying the purge would've been for the Jedi - particularly the padawans and younglings. This game did a good job of conveying how scary it would be to have a bunch of your besties suddenly turn into blood-thirsty murderers.

I’m super early but yeah it seems the Cal is suffering from ptsd from what amounts to having his entire family/social support structure cleansed .

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    dporowski wrote: »

Bogano has several bowling lanes. The one that's in the pit near {THE MAGIC DRAGON THAT I FORGOT THE NAME OF THAT IS MASHED WITH A WILD THINGS CREATION} may be the best one.

edit: I forgot the name.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Even if it was just late game or after you finish the main story, teleporting between meditation points would be really, really, really, great.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Zeffo and Dathomir could really use alternate landing sites to cut down on the backtracking.

They did a pretty good job of honeycombing*, considering. Only really bites you when you need to go back for a missing chest in a remote mission-specific spur.

*If I am interpreting 'honeycomb exploration' correctly?

Example
    I missed a chest on Dathomir down where you fight the giant bat. That's not a place to which they meant for you to return. The section itself was even hard to find in the holomap.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    Even if it was just late game or after you finish the main story, teleporting between meditation points would be really, really, really, great.

Would also be great for revisiting epic fights. Let me fight some of these things again, devs! I tore through an Alpha Nydak like it was a scout trooper, and I really want to go back and retry the Rabid Jotaz.

• Options

Bogano has several bowling lanes. The one that's in the pit near {THE MAGIC DRAGON THAT I FORGOT THE NAME OF THAT IS MASHED WITH A WILD THINGS CREATION} may be the best one.

Thx. In retrospect it's going to be much less annoying than the 25 explosive kills and 25 slow kills. Gosh, wouldn't it be keen if slow, say, lasted more than .00003 seconds?

Does bouncing a rocket back at the troopers count for those kills, if you know? I was reading horrible things about having to slow, pull, THEN push the projectiles...

• Options

Thx. In retrospect it's going to be much less annoying than the 25 explosive kills and 25 slow kills. Gosh, wouldn't it be keen if slow, say, lasted more than .00003 seconds?

Does bouncing a rocket back at the troopers count for those kills, if you know? I was reading horrible things about having to slow, pull, THEN push the projectiles...

Oh, can you slow and grab them?

There's one really long range rocket engagement where that would have been pretty handy to know.

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I believe it does. At the very least, I personally skipped the "pull" step when grinding that one out.

That and the two kick-themed achievements were the only three I had to grind out after finishing the story. Kicking was/is dumb and hard and I hate it. I couldn't kick anything reliably enough to ensure I wouldn't accidentally saber it, so I actually had to lower the difficulty to reduce the HP of those dumb rolling bugs on Bogano to pull it off. (I found I could only kick when not touching the left stick during the dodge or the kick. Unfortunately, not touching the stick means that dodging takes you directly away from your target, so most of my kicks were misses.)

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Sneaks wrote: »
    I believe it does. At the very least, I personally skipped the "pull" step when grinding that one out. (That and the two kick-themed achievements were the only one I had to grind out after finishing the story. Kicking was/is dumb and hard and I hate it.)

Oh that's not bad, then. Just some boredom on Kashyyyk I think, as I should probably be close already. Or ooh, maybe Zeffo, there's a meditation point and a rocket trooper real handy.

Kicking wasn't bad. Convincing the damn sheep to kick me in the first place, that was bad.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Before you enter the Imperial Refinery on Kashyyyk there is a spot with like 3 stormtroopers and a leader - I killed the leader, slowed the three and then lined them up for the lightsaber throw. That's also where I grinded out the slowed enemy achievement and the hit them with their own blaster (slow and pull into the laser bolt).

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I believe it does. At the very least, I personally skipped the "pull" step when grinding that one out. (That and the two kick-themed achievements were the only one I had to grind out after finishing the story. Kicking was/is dumb and hard and I hate it.)

Oh that's not bad, then. Just some boredom on Kashyyyk I think, as I should probably be close already. Or ooh, maybe Zeffo, there's a meditation point and a rocket trooper real handy.

Kicking wasn't bad. Convincing the damn sheep to kick me in the first place, that was bad.

Dodge their initial charging attack and then stand right behind them. 100% kick rate

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    I believe it does. At the very least, I personally skipped the "pull" step when grinding that one out.
    That and the two kick-themed achievements were the only three I had to grind out after finishing the story. Kicking was/is dumb and hard and I hate it. I couldn't kick anything reliably enough to ensure I wouldn't accidentally saber it, so I actually had to lower the difficulty to reduce the HP of those dumb rolling bugs on Bogano to pull it off. (I found I could only kick when not touching the left stick during the dodge or the kick. Unfortunately, not touching the stick means that dodging takes you directly away from your target, so most of my kicks were misses.)
    EDIT: You know what, I'm just gonna assume this whole "extra line breaks" thing in all posts is the new normal and adjust accordingly.

haha... I was trying to figure out why I would ask that question for an achievement I already did and knew the answer to.

Also, kicking is one of the most entertaining moves in the game! You take that back.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad this game turned out to be great and not a half-assed attempt to hook everyone on loot boxes. Star Wars gaming, and gaming as a whole as far as single player experiences go, needed this badly.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm so glad this game turned out to be great and not a half-assed attempt to hook everyone on loot boxes. Star Wars gaming, and gaming as a whole as far as single player experiences go, needed this badly.
    Loot Boxes in true single player games with zero service/online functionality wouldn't be viable, hence there are none.
    Boosts, given this game's structure and shortness, also would have been silly to include.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Dodge their initial charging attack and then stand right behind them. 100% kick rate

You'd think that! I spent a good 5 minutes dancing with that sheepy asshole as I would try to get behind him, and he'd spin around in tiny circles to go back to headbutting me.

I hate them.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Loot Boxes in true single player games with zero service/online functionality wouldn't be viable, hence there are none.
    Boosts, given this game's structure and shortness, also would have been silly to include.

Well there's the AC method of single player lootboxes where you make the lootboxes the only way to get certain items in game but can acquire them (very slowly) in game. Then sell the special lootbox items for real money in a shop.

Using the lootboxes to get people to spend money when they get tired of the lootboxes not giving them what they want! A cunning strategy.

• Options
    I really wish the game even had a light gearing system with differences in effectiveness of armor and parts of the lightsaber that offered different effects, maybe a few gadgets to play with you know SOMETHING that would make opening a non-stim chest worth my time.

• Options
    I really wish the game even had a light gearing system with differences in effectiveness of armor and parts of the lightsaber that offered different effects, maybe a few gadgets to play with you know SOMETHING that would make opening a non-stim chest worth my time.

I'm hoping this ends up being just the foundation of a engine they build off of in future sequels. Now that they've got the basics in place, hopefully they can add gearing options and other things in the next Fallen Order.