As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Rydia LMR. Summon speed up. Which I was considering getting at one point I think, so I guess +3000 L2 lenses.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Auron OSB dupe, Minfilia USB. The dupe is at least a +fire armor. I've got most of Minfilia's other stuff, so this is fine.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    2/11
    Auron lmr dupe
    Rikku Chain

I'm stacked for water, but replacing Tidus old chain with Rikku is fantastic.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I just realized that Rem’s USB means I don’t need to field a full Holy Mage team to use her. Which is nice because it means I can take advantage of Ramza’s chain with characters like Beatrix and Leo. Getting enough meter with Rem is proving difficult, however. Holy-weak Odin attacks a lot, such that giving meter to Rem from Ramza is not helping too much, what with his chain needs. I wonder if I should instead try to make Ramza actually fight, and replace Leo with Tyro as a full-time Entruster? If Beatrix can reduce Odin’s defenses enough, Rem might be all I need for Proper Damage.

Edit:

Hmmm... Ramza’s Enholy USB is available from the Papaya Shop. Tempting, tempting.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    3/10, two discoes
    All dupes, though. Golbez burst and USB, bartz arcane

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    1/10
    Ignis USB dupe.

C'est la vie

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Celes OSB, the fest really wants to help my wind team.

Tried king behemoth with very much a trial team (Rydia, Maria, Edge, Elarra, Onion Knight) with only a BSB on Rydia and Glint/AOSB on Maria I wasn't expecting much but got him down to 60 something%. It felt like a sign that with a good bit of tweaks I can do this. Diving both Rydia and Maria, getting Maria's USB and more hones to cast/craft chain stonja will hopefully do it. Might get the earth m dagger too.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How much does Def breakdown do against Titan? Is it worth using? I can't figure out what abilities it makes sense to give Elarra. Bard +ATK seems to make sense. Not sure if it helps or not.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    How much ATK boost are you rolling with now?

I found Warrior’s Hymn to be of particularly good use vs Dark-Weak Odin, in combination with Nanaki’s USB for 30% ATK. It stacks with pure ATK buffs as well.

• Options
    Just the bard song. Zack chain gives nothing of course.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Wait wha? Zack’s chain gives 50% ATK buff along with the chain and the crit damage boost, doesn’t it? Or does Titan do an ATK Break?

Enlong on
  • Options
    Oh, yeah you are correct. I can't remember what soul breaks do. Or abilities do. I have the pdf file open because I can't tell how long buffs last. Now I'm making an excel spreadsheet of when Titan does what and how long everything lasts.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Alright.

So yeah, the Hymn will stack with Zack’s chain, so you should see a power boost.

Depending on what else Elarra has room for, Passionate Salsa might be another option, to use between song uses after you get the full buff active. The healing is REALLY minor, but it’s there, and the stat reduction on Titan may help.

• Options
    There's no reason to not combine equipment unless you want two copies, right? It makes zero difference for rainbow shards?

• Options
    It gives less rainbow shards.

Apparently passionate salsa is a bigger debuf then breakdown dance

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Yup. Says right in the description. I'm not sure it overwrites buffs tho like Faith.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    It lasts a shorter time, though. But it’s 6-star, so more meter.

• Options

Yup. Says right in the description. I'm not sure it overwrites buffs tho like Faith.

Right significant is less significant than large. What a fool I am!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Lol it's like much more is better than significant.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

I thought number of shards was determined by the rosetta + thing?

• Options
    Ah yeah but rosetta aren't worth as much as a 5 star. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.
    Lol it's like much more is better than significant.

Box step is significantly reduce the defense
    Salsa is lower a large amount.

Hey you know what's easier and saves space?
    40%
    50%

Why is this so hard for them?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah I agree. I guess JRPGs gotta JRPG with their obscure mechanics.

• Options
    Why can’t more things be like Barrage?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Jragghen wrote: »

I thought number of shards was determined by the rosetta + thing?

You get 2000 rainbow points for sharding a base 5* relic (or 4500 for a base 6* relic) plus 1000 per augment level.

If you combine them, you end up with a single base 5* (or 6*) relic that has the augment levels added together.

ie
    5* relic at 1 augment level = 3000 points
    Combined 5*+ relic relic at 2 augment level = 4000 points

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I decided I was going to do the awakening select, so I did the draw (waiting on the select).

2/11 both disco
    Dupe Tyro USB1 (my... Fifth?)
    Aerith Awakening

OKAY.

First healing awakening and it looks like a doozy.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I decided I was going to do the awakening select, so I did the draw (waiting on the select).

2/11 both disco
    Dupe Tyro USB1 (my... Fifth?)
    Aerith Awakening

OKAY.

First healing awakening and it looks like a doozy.

Aerith Awakening is ridiculously good. She can singlehandedly heal your team from 1 HP to full in a single turn because of the way her LM2 and LMR stacks.

• Options
    PCecil's synchro is so weird. It comes with a special status that adds chases depending on which Sync command you use, so they count as separate abilities (for things like stripping multiple rage levels) even though they're inescapably tied to the sync commands. Which is pretty nice for the C1, which is just offensive stuff... Then you get to his C2. The sync command is a cure level medica. That's it. That's bad even for a healer burst command. But the chase is a damage reduction barrier plus a couple Phys/Wht attacks. So I guess they just split off the effects wherever and called that good enough. Doesn't even heal for quadruple digits in his sample video with it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Alright! Holy team for Odin makes it to the final attack before losing. I think it’s time to get Beatrix’s OSB off of the shop, so that she can (hopefully) spam 99999 damage hits in the last phase instead of 49995 with her BSB. Rem is proving real strong if she survives, easily breaking rage with an R5 Holyja, and spamming full damage OSBs in the final phase. It’s about optimizing Damage now.

• Options
    If you wait two days, OSBs will only be half a bar.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    If you wait two days, OSBs will only be half a bar.

Meter isn’t an issue for final phase Rem (she can fire an OSB with every action, even under speed boosts), but that would help Beatrix.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    New draw is up, hybrid is the focus I guess. Edge, Pecil, Vincent Awakenings plus other stuff for them and Reno.

100-gemmed Vincent's start with 3 quickcasts LMR, guess that is fine. I've already got his Awakening so I probably shouldn't pull here.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I'd like to pull for Edge because he's a cool guy, but this stuff isn't actually very good for me, and I have most of the Vincent and Reno stuff already.

Don't forget to save mythril for Realms on Parade, since that starts next week.

• Options
    Also, today’s gift dungeon gives 25 mythril.

• Options
    Did the II discount.

Minwu’s BSB Dupe.

Haha, I literally sharded this one today. Ah well.

• Options
    I don’t have most of this stuff but the banner is too too heavy for me. Also the top end doesn’t help on Titan so clearly a garbage banner.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Took Aerith solo healing for a spin against Holy Odin. Getting SUPER close, might manage it with her taking Ultra Cure instead of Curada because of lack of Esuna/Astra, but MAN.

Phase 3 Odin is terrifying if you're used to having Regenga to regenerate health before that first set of attacks.

• Options
    Oh, dupe Gladio USB, dupe Cait With BSB and a new LMR for Aria. Tbh versus my average pretend pull I'm ahead since I got discos in all my pulls so far. Free is free after all.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Oof, 1/11 Shantotto glint that does elemental attack up by 2 stages and a daily hit Tifa lmr that gives atk up on physical attacks.

At least it's 10mag/atk I guess, I might've preferred a dupe for the lenses.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Garland OSB

Haven’t gotten more than 2/10 yet.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I will actually use that Glint in conjunction with her Arcane. Still, it’s pretty bad compared to any aura Glint.