As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The catalyst apparently lets it hold 9 bullets and it reloads when stowed

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i can confirm that the catalyst is that, and it's awesome.

I didn't really mind doing the catalyst quest because i like using the gun, so it just...happened.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    I'm just gonna use it a bunch in strikes and stuff and hope I get to the end of it. If not, well, whatevs. I'm too bad with hand cannons in PvP to get reliable gains from it.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't even like Eriana's Vow that much. It fits all the things I just said I like but it kicks like a damn mule and doesn't hold nearly enough bullets

It does kick pretty hard, but it does a ton of damage, especially if you can maintain the ADS crit bonus. Also completely ignoring shields is fun. I used it in a nightfall last night and it was great telling hydras to get stuffed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm just gonna use it a bunch in strikes and stuff and hope I get to the end of it. If not, well, whatevs. I'm too bad with hand cannons in PvP to get reliable gains from it.

Yeah, I can't get PvP kills with it either. It's right at an awkward not quite 1-shot, too slow to 2-shot place, compared to other PvP guns.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I do like when I get a ridiculous ragdoll death

like when I was doing the Vex Offensive the other night and died to the Undying Mind's big blast while at maximum jump height

I went FLYING out of the fucking zone

• Options
    In the area around the 2nd raid encounter there's several places where you can climb high enough to die. Including one where someone can stand on a leaf and rez people the next leaf up who repeatedly die seconds after coming to life and tumbling to the ground. We spent a couple minutes just dying and laughing. Apparently there were a lot of corpses in that hallway when we were done.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speaking of the raid, because we have managed exactly 1 Friday with all 6 of us on, we have now 5 manned the first encounter 4 of 4 times, and 5 manned the second encounter 1 of 2 times we've beaten it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What are the rules for raids, anyway? I'd be interested in doing some sometime but I'm not positive about having the actual time to get it all done at once. Am I right in assuming you can do it in sections as long as you get them done within a week of starting?

• Options
    I don't remember exactly how lockouts work. I think it's tied to party leader, and you just don't get drops for stuff you've already done? But I might be confusing that with WoW.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    What are the rules for raids, anyway? I'd be interested in doing some sometime but I'm not positive about having the actual time to get it all done at once. Am I right in assuming you can do it in sections as long as you get them done within a week of starting?

Clearing any raid encounter saves a checkpoint, which lasts until the next weekly reset (tuesday). When you load into the raid you'll start at the encounter the party leader is checkpointed for.

You can join a group doing encounters you've already done, but you'll only get loot from each encounter once per week, per character.

• Options
    That ain't bad, I've wanted to do a raid but the amount of time it takes always put me off (granted my brain still goes to the horror stories I heard of 8+ hour WoW raids so I'm probably wrong)

Perhaps sometime I'll have to do it with a group!

• Options
    That ain't bad, I've wanted to do a raid but the amount of time it takes always put me off (granted my brain still goes to the horror stories I heard of 8+ hour WoW raids so I'm probably wrong)

Perhaps sometime I'll have to do it with a group!

The Destiny 2 raids vary in length, but they're nowhere near that long. Most of them are manageable in 2 hours.

If you've never done a raid, I'd maybe not start with Garden of Salvation. The first three encounters are reasonable, but the final boss is a big difficulty spike.

• Options
    I'll probably bounce around some. I'd also like to do Menagerie sometime, it seems interesting.

The one time I tried I was with... one other person. And we got WORKED.

• Options
    Regular menagerie is not too bad. Heroic has no matchmaking though. We tried to 5 man it the other week with it being my first time seeing some of the encounters at all, and it did not go well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I definitely had the disadvantage of trying to do it completely blind and I think I may have matchmade in the middle of it, since I had no idea what was happening. It does seem cool though!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If you don't mind being gently carried along without having any idea about what's happening a good group can bring you through any of the raids in around an hour. Reddit's destiny sub has a raid sherpa section where they do exactly that.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I don't even like Eriana's Vow that much. It fits all the things I just said I like but it kicks like a damn mule and doesn't hold nearly enough bullets

the catalyst puts it up to 9 rounds in a mag and gives it auto loading holster which is rad

• Options
    I don’t think I have the time for any raid stuff tonight but sometime in the future I‘d definitely be down for a raid, yeah!

• Options
    I thought I was able to actually get some iron banner goodies because I’d finished the scour the rust quest

Turns out there’s another step

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    There's several steps within Scour the Rust: super kills, pulse kills, fusion kills, then smg kills

After smg, you should be done

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I fired this up a couple nights ago and I'm at the point where it just feels like doing a job, so I think I'm gonna take another break and check back in next season some time

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I don't think there's anything else in a video game that inspires rage in me like Gambit does.

I'm ok with Crucible and PvP in other games, but something about Gambit really pushes my buttons

• Options
    There's several steps within Scour the Rust: super kills, pulse kills, fusion kills, then smg kills

Yeah, I got close but couldn’t get it done. Anyone know if iron banner progress stays when it it ends or if I’m gonna have to do it all over again when it pops back up?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Yeah, I got close but couldn’t get it done. Anyone know if iron banner progress stays when it it ends or if I’m gonna have to do it all over again when it pops back up?

It stays within the season, but this was the last IB of Season of Undying, so you'll probably have a new thing to do whenever the next IB rolls around

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    That mission was kinda buggy, so who knows if it's still there next season?

I thought it was dumb to have to go through that quest just to be able to cash in the tokens, so hopefully it's gone.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything else in a video game that inspires rage in me like Gambit does.

I'm ok with Crucible and PvP in other games, but something about Gambit really pushes my buttons

Yeah. Gambit at its best is pretty fun, but Gambit at anything other than its best is basically a smorgasbord of new and exciting ways to hate your idiotic teammates.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options

It stays within the season, but this was the last IB of Season of Undying, so you'll probably have a new thing to do whenever the next IB rolls around

Ah well, that was a sneaking suspicion I have. Next time I’ll start the damn thing earlier!

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    after seeing the roles in gambit prime it really opened my eyes to tolerating gambit overall
    i just pick a job and not worry about whether we win
    if whatever quest or bounties I'm doing require wins then I'll get there eventually
    usually I just kill adds and blockers and am on invader defense duty while everyone runs around grabbing motes and doing god knows what else

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I keep meaning to do more Gambit, especially as I have a few quests that require it.

Really, what keeps me coming back to Destiny is mainly just the quests and stuff to do. I enjoy that dopamine hit of AWW YESS I DID THE THING GIMME THEM TOKENS

I'm not necessarily looking to reach the max power level or anything

Sure I end up breaking 95% of the rewards down but whatever!!

Anyway I'm hoping I can get to season pass level 60 or so before the season ends, since I think I can get one more exotic engram that way

I should really try other classes.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    season of the dawn

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    i'm on my phone so i can't post details iunno google it

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    SEASON OF DAWN TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZ-G88rOYg

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonofDawn

SAINT-14 IS ALIVE BECAUSE TIME IS FUCKED
    TRIALS IS (PROBABLY) BACK BECAUSE OSIRIS IS BACK AND ELIMINATION IS BACK
    RUSTED LANDS IS BACK

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    osiris

oh boy

• Options
    Oh also we'll be able to use our Sparrows on Mercury now, hell yeah

• Options
    Here's everything going away with the start of the season next week: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/48522

text:
    Season of the Undying ends at the weekly reset on December 10, 2019. Players have until this date to complete any Season of the Undying quest.

Once Season of Dawn begins, the following list of items will no longer be available to players from Season of the Undying:

Season of the Undying Season Pass and bonuses from the Season Pass
    Season of the Undying Seal and Title
    The Vex Offensive
    Vex invasions on the Moon
    Weapon frames and bounties from Ikora for the Vex Offensive
    Ikora’s Vex Offensive Weekly Challenge
    Emblems and Shader Quests/items from Season of the Undying
    Incomplete items in the Collection Badge will turn invisible
    Lore – “The Last Days on Kraken Mare”
    The Gatelord’s Eye seasonal artifact
    Player power increase from the Gatelord’s Eye
    Season of the Undying artifact mods
    The Leviathan's Breath exotic quest if players didn't own the Season Pass
    Season of the Undying specific materials (Vex components, etc)

And the following Season 8 Triumphs will no longer be available to earn:
    Season 8: Power Bonus
    Season 8: Progress
    The Front Lines
    Final Assault
    Rapid Assault
    Precise Assault
    Perfect Assault
    Flawless Assault
    Offensive Expert
    Offensive Tactician
    Offensive Sharpshooter
    Offensive Finisher
    Operative
    Moonlight Crescendo
    Lunar Fashion
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Crater Spark
    Over the Moon
    Season 8: Vanguard
    Season 8: Nightfall
    Season 8: Engagement
    Season 8: Rituals
    Season 8: Combat
    Season 8: Challenges
    Season 8: Valor Legend
    Season 8: Valor
    Season 8: Glory Streak
    Season 8: Glory
    Season 8: Iron Banner
    Season 8: Iron Will

• Options
    Trailer looks nice, but I hope Sundial is more than Vex Offensive with Cabal.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    finished my season pass rank 100 today, so that's nice to not worry about

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I love the Saint-14 lore but fuck me I ain't doing any shit on Mercury or the Forest

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I love the Saint-14 lore but fuck me I ain't doing any shit on Mercury or the Forest

The Saint 14 quest line was about the extent of my interest in Mercury content, and even then it was a lot of repetitive bullshit in the way of a semi satisfying resolution to the question of the missing Titan. Good for them for using time travel fuckery to bring him back, but they're gonna have to pull a lot of deft executions and revisions of existing content and ideas to get me interested in setting for in that particular clusterfuck of a planet zone ever again.

This discussion has been closed.