As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Posts Pertaining [Podcasts]

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I wonder if real maple syrup is much cheaper in Canada

Yes.

From what I understand, most US groceries just don't carry real maple syrup, and every grocery store here does, at $8-10 a can in season. It's cheaper if you go straight to the sugar shack.

True story: the most valuable heist in Canadian history involved 3000 tons of syrup, valued at C$18.7 million, stolen over the course of several months from a strategic maple syrup reserve in Quebec.

does canada have a syrup disaster story like america's molasses murders

Not that I'm aware of?

I do really like that the reason they were caught when they were is they got lazy - they had been taking barrels, removing the syrup and replacing it with water, and then putting it back. Eventually they just started siphoning off the syrup there on site and leaving the barrels empty. When an inspector was climbing during the annual inventory, the empty barrels did not bear his weight the way 600lb full ones would, causing him to nearly fall.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I would like to know how you fence three thousand tons of stolen maple syrup, who is willing to buy maple syrup in bulk that fell off a truck as it were

There are llllloads of maple farms in Quebec that are both big enough to afford it and small enough that they would, that would've bought that syrup at a criminal bargain and sold it to groceries and visitors at regular price.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Europeans didnt know about maple syrup? Dont they got maple trees in Europe?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Europeans didnt know about maple syrup? Dont they got maple trees in Europe?

not the ones which produce the necessary sap

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Also considering the syrup is worth WAY more in the US, and a lot of the maple production is located less than an hour from the border, there's probably some actual worth-the-risk money to be made there.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Huh, I did not know that

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    we got them sugary trees here

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Great Molasses Flood was a nearly one-of-a-kind disaster. They fucked damn near everything up for that confluence of events to happen.

I say nearly because there was that big Honolulu molasses spill a few years back, and I reckon the London Beer Flood was pretty similar as well, although I'm not nearly as well read on that one.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    I would like to know how you fence three thousand tons of stolen maple syrup, who is willing to buy maple syrup in bulk that fell off a truck as it were

There are llllloads of maple farms in Quebec that are both big enough to afford it and small enough that they would, that would've bought that syrup at a criminal bargain and sold it to groceries and visitors at regular price.

apparently they were selling to maple farms in the northeastern US as well

I have chosen to believe that Clifford Blossom didn't just get rich off selling drugs, he was also fencing stolen maple syrup.

• Options
    Yeah sweet maple sap specifically comes from the sugar maple, which is indigenous to Canada. It's one item on the very long list of things Europeans learned from the people who already lived here and then turned into a massive industry.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I am fairly certain no one on Waypoint has had a good turkey. No one in their right mind would call brining a fad that made the texture spongey while also complaining that it's always dry and only good for putting gravy on.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    What happens if you tap like a Norweigian maple like vinegar comes out

• Options
    What happens if you tap like a Norweigian maple like vinegar comes out

Sap comes out too

but it doesn't taste like maple syrup

it probably has SOME sugar in it but that's like asking that about any other tree

Haven't seen too many oak syrup cans on the shelves

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    ill lick anything that comes out of any tree

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Heard it here first, folks

• Options

I've heard worse content pitches.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Chincy-lick-chilla, they call him

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

excuse me this is a bedroom only pet name thank you

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    It's called a fuckin fork!! Look it up!!!

fuck forks

Truly, the water of utensils

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Oh so you're into pet play too?

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Oh so you're into pet play too?

h6z7tkqp9tpz.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I don't like what I've catalyzed here

• Options

:winky:

• Options

cibvf5v7csii.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    hi i'm jumping ahead a few pages just to say that Boston Pizza is fuckin' delicious and if you dislike it that's your fault, not theirs

• Options
    hi i'm jumping ahead a few pages just to say that Boston Pizza is fuckin' delicious and if you dislike it that's your fault, not theirs

ok but what do you think of pet play

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    7au94hc74y4f.gif

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I saw 123 new posts and was like "uh oh" and then scrolled down like 4 and saw a picture of weird pizza and was like "oh, phew"

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I saw 123 new posts and was like "uh oh" and then scrolled down like 4 and saw a picture of weird pizza and was like "oh, phew"

Should've stuck with that first reaction

• Options
    Man talking about pet play is like, a 4 at most.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    CBB

Tommy Middle-D: On this show I don't know how earnest I should be
    Scott: You should be 100% earnest
    Gino: Be scared stupid

So good

• Options
    Wait is Boston Pizza a brand or a style of pizza?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Wait is Boston Pizza a brand or a style of pizza?

it's a pizza chain that makes very good pizza

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I think Boston Pizza is pretty good pizza which is dramatically overpriced for what it is

• Options
    The term Boston pizza is also sometimes used to describe a style of pizza - thin and crispy cracker crust, cheese all the way to the edge.

• Options
    boston pizza is one of canada's "inexplicably named after america" food institutions, like New York Fries, or Edo Japan

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

is that why one of them hit you

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Straightzi wrote: »
    The term Boston pizza is also sometimes used to describe a style of pizza - thin and crispy cracker crust, cheese all the way to the edge.

horseshit

that's st louis style

cracker pizza is OUR thing

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    My college town had a Boston's Pizza which is apparently not the same thing.

Edit: Or not? The logo is the same but there's two websites.

captaink on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Patrick pitches that Link is the potential first step in an eventual Super Nintendo Maker, where instead of Mario Maker 3 they make a Maker-game that mashes up franchises like Kirby, Zelda, Metroid and Mario and incorporates characters and mechanics from those games in a unified 2D format.

I would

Be super into that, honestly

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.