As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    At least saryn has some babysitting to keep her "kill everything" going

Saryn's probably the best murderframe. But a lot of other frames can slaughter everything in large radius without effort too - Saryn just keeps up better with armor scaling.

The most problematic frame in the game remains Chroma I think, as no other frame can multiply their weapon damage anywhere near that much. Chroma's supposed to be some elemental frame thing. But its claim to fame is the insanity of Vex Armor, which has nothing to do with that and just lets it build up absurd damage. I feel like the devs have to balance against 3 tiers of weapons right now, and one of them is just "Chroma" (the others just being level 30 guns and level 30 potato+forma guns).

the big difference is that chroma also requires a good weapon and to actually hit things, and his major use is kaiju hunting

but that's kinda what I meant, saryn is really good but nees baby-sitting and is really only meaningful on stationary missions

you have frames like limbo just completely invalidating everything and valkyr straight up being unkillable and also murdering shit and titania being real dumb for many reasons

looking at saryn as some standalone thing that needs nerfing is?????

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Limbo is so hilariously broken at locking down a target that it completely invalidates the existence of Frost, Vauban, and Gara. You can banish sortie defense targets so they are literally invulnerable, permanently. You can cast a dome the size of half the map,and have it last for almost a minute, that makes every enemy that enters it freeze in place. Plus while you are in the dome, free energy regen. If Saryn needs to be looked at for killing stuff then Limbo needs to be looked at for protecting stuff.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It was an incredibly poorly thought out joke.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    the thing that annoys me about all the nerf talk is that all these frames are broken *only in highly specific circumstances*

Saryn is broke... when you're going up against waves upon waves of dudes with scaling health. Eg, she's very good at ESO. You throw her against a single Chonky Boi, even a normal bossfight, and she dies.

Hildryn is "broke" for anything with the Energy Degen debuff. Inaros and Nidus are "broke" for when you've got the no shield debuff. Limbo is "broke" for anything regarding Defense. Khora and Frost are "broke" for Arbitration Excavation. Chroma is "broke" for Profit Taker. You use any of those frames outside their narrow contexts and they're baseline normal mostly, and sometimes Very Much the Wrong Thing To Bring (I would never bring Saryn to Profit Taker, or Limbo to an Arbitration).

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Please don't cast that dome. :( As not-Limbo, that is the most boringest thing... Especially when I'm playing either Trinity (now all my shit doesn't work) or something more directly killy (now all my shit really doesn't work.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Please don't cast that dome. :( As not-Limbo, that is the most boringest thing... Especially when I'm playing either Trinity (now all my shit doesn't work) or something more directly killy (now all my shit really doesn't work.

get inside the dome and you can blap blap things

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

The dome plays best with killframes, or frames with exalted weapons (which count as abilities and ignore it iirc). Any of the other main defense frames are much friendlier to gunfire. Melee works fine iirc? Including zaws shooting bombs because arcanes I think. Possibly gunblades.

Or yeah, just stand inside and blast things once they hit the edge - enough of them will be inside to hit them.

Valkyr isn't really invalidating anything - her invincibility is only as long as her energy lasts, and even when she has absurd armor (1400+) and rage/adrenaline she can get killed before she can reactivate it. And of course because it's super short range melee she HATES nullifiers, though the new melee lets her drop invulnerable to shoot a bubble briefly before pulling claws back out, though it does nothing to stop her energy drain. It's honestly less that she's nearly immortal (other frames can pull that trick off, see Rhino et al.) and more that Hysteria is also infinity++ lifesteal and super high damage (it's harder to set up the ground finisher now, but you can take some level 100+ nox or the like and rip off 70%+ of their health in one hit with it still, defenses be damned)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited December 2019
    So, I'm trying to figure out how this particular variant of Mastermind works, and it's especially agitating that the only place on console you can hover over the cursor to see the stupid symbols is in the known requiems part.
    Do they 1) not show you more than "right requiem, incorrect spot" per attempt and 2) not show you previous attempts in the order you put them in because lol, "difficulty?"
    I recorded what I put in the first time, which seems to have two of the correct requiems guessed, but the attempt the game is showing isn't in the order of what I wrote, and only shows me "one right requiem, wrong spot." I then unlocked a murmur which was in my previous set that I had assumed wasn't correct at all but apparently is. now I have to grind forever to get the guy to appear to test this out again... and man, I think the grind attached to this is going to make it hard to want to get all the weapons these guys brought in. :sad:

But DE is pretty good at sand bagging fun/interesting systems like this, so eh. I think I will be even sadder murmur shows a requiem I don't have.

tastydonuts on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    So something I never, ever realized is that the set bonus mods that are present on a companion continue to count, even if that companion is destroyed.

I have over 2k hours in this stupid game.

No wonder people are using Helios' Deconstructor for a melee stat stick.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Yeah, but I want "big juicy clusters of things to shoot" not "an area the size of Texas with a scattering around the perimeter, sometimes not even in the same room".

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    But DE is pretty good at sand bagging fun/interesting systems like this, so eh. I think I will be even sadder murmur shows a requiem I don't have.
    The whole RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG about the whole Lich thing is making me HEAVILY think about skipping most of it when it finally drops on Switch. I mean the whole game is RNG but I can mostly ignore RNG and just play. If the thing drops that I want cool and if not, cool. However, from what I read once you get a lich they will be kinda hard to ignore since they steal your stuff until you snuff them out. My new campaign once this drops on Switch is "Let the Larva BLEED out" and/or "No Mercy for Larva-lings".

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Saryn has started to become my "dread to see in the group" frame for pretty much any endless missions that involves killing lots of things (Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival, Interception, Excavation) because she pretty much kills any fun I can have with pretty much any other frame due to killing everything so damn fast. Only other frames that get that reaction from me were Banshee before the Resonating Quake nerf, and Ash whenever Bladestorm was "press 4, everything instantly dies and you're invulnerable." A good Limbo might negate any difficulty for defense, but he doesn't usually also negate any reason for me to be there for anything other than leeching. Saryn can.

I actually almost never bring my own Saryn out for anything other than ESO because I feel guilty for possibly giving anyone else that same feeling, and I used to use her ALL the time before her last rework. It's zero effort for me to get 2-3x as many kills as the entire rest of the team, regardless of what they bring to the mission. With a max range build, the only time I have to "work" to keep her spores going is when things start to die before my brain registers that they are there.

And the suggestions Pablo was giving weren't horrible, IIRC it was no longer making spore spread distance be affected by power range mods while increasing the current base range, reduce corrosive proc chance, increase the time it takes spores to ramp up, but also increase the time it takes for them to decay as well. It'd kill the Overextended spore build, but what's made back in power strength dropping that mod would cover a decent chunk of the corrosive nerf, and the decay change would actually make spores easier to maintain at a high level once it gets there.

steam_sig.png
    While I police my own frames and weapon usage to avoid squelching other players, I am opposed to yet another Saryn nerf/adjustment when there is plenty of other broken stuff in the game, including their own inconsistent application of self-damage on weapons and their token effort to address it with cautious shot. So many other things that funblock other players they can look at before tapping that well again, imo.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    So in a recent stream Pablo was asked about the next reworks, and his answer was that the only frame he wants to rework is Saryn because "she needs to be nerfed".
    Nothing is official yet, but maybe don't put any Forma into her for a while.

qoiq563n67nb.png

Pablo is a goose that doesn't think about what he says. But it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed Saryn again.

I mean, seriously:

8x28bp6761nb.png

It doesn't really work that way.

I'm pretty sure I'm more ok with an employee determining when they are and aren't on the clock than I am with Twitch viewers determining that.

I mean absolutely the viewers can be forgiven for assuming that but when someone goes with a slightly more polite version of "Fuck off, I'm not on the clock there" then there ya go, mystery solved.

HappylilElf on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Yeah, but I want "big juicy clusters of things to shoot" not "an area the size of Texas with a scattering around the perimeter, sometimes not even in the same room".

See, that just means the Limbo is modding wrong. The bubble should be the size of a snowglobe, problem solved (if you have ways to shoot out of it).

Otherwise I'd like to introduce you to the beauty that is Khora's 2 built for range.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    So in a recent stream Pablo was asked about the next reworks, and his answer was that the only frame he wants to rework is Saryn because "she needs to be nerfed".

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/hq/qoiq563n67nb.png

Pablo is a goose that doesn't think about what he says. But it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed Saryn again.

I mean, seriously:

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/0s/8x28bp6761nb.png

I'm pretty sure I'm more ok with an employee determining when they are and aren't on the clock than I am with Twitch viewers determining that.

I mean absolutely the viewers can be forgiven for assuming that but when someone goes with a slightly more polite version of "Fuck off, I'm not on the clock there" then there ya go, mystery solved.

Whether or not a person's public social media activity when identified/known as an employee of an establishment can be truly be considered separate/non-representative of their capacities as an employee—particularly when speaking on a subject related to their place of employment—is simply something we're not going to agree on.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It was an incredibly poorly thought out joke.

FWIW, I don't think it was meant as a joke, but just the guy talking off the cuff about what he personally would like to do or thinks ought to be done. Doesn't mean that DE, as a collective entity, is gonna follow through on it.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/hq/qoiq563n67nb.png

I mean, seriously:

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/0s/8x28bp6761nb.png

Whether or not a person's public social media activity when identified/known as an employee of an establishment can be truly be considered separate/non-representative of their capacities as an employee—particularly when speaking on a subject related to their place of employment—is simply something we're not going to agree on.

Probably not because the way I would frame it is that it's insane to assume that people don't get to be off the clock just because their employment is known.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Look. If Steve Sinclair had said "I think Saryn needs to be nerfed"...then you could probably say "It's going to happen, regardless of if he said he's on the clock or not".
    Pablo is a UI programmer that's not even on the design team. Sure, he's probably going to argue for nerfing Saryn, and he has a lot more influence on the game design than you or I...but his word isn't law.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    So, I'm trying to figure out how this particular variant of Mastermind works, and it's especially agitating that the only place on console you can hover over the cursor to see the stupid symbols is in the known requiems part.
    Do they 1) not show you more than "right requiem, incorrect spot" per attempt and 2) not show you previous attempts in the order you put them in because lol, "difficulty?"
    I recorded what I put in the first time, which seems to have two of the correct requiems guessed, but the attempt the game is showing isn't in the order of what I wrote, and only shows me "one right requiem, wrong spot." I then unlocked a murmur which was in my previous set that I had assumed wasn't correct at all but apparently is. now I have to grind forever to get the guy to appear to test this out again... and man, I think the grind attached to this is going to make it hard to want to get all the weapons these guys brought in. :sad:

If I am following your question properly, how the Requiem checking works is:
    1) The first stab ONLY checks the first slot.
    2) The second stab ONLY checks the second slot.
    3) The third stab ONLY checks the third slot.
    You have to figure out the order in sequence, it does not check past any incorrect guesses.

:edit: and I don't have a lich currently so I appear unable to look at my lich history to try and tell if my stab history is listed in order.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    edited December 2019
    Look. If Steve Sinclair had said "I think Saryn needs to be nerfed"...then you could probably say "It's going to happen, regardless of if he said he's on the clock or not".
    Pablo is a UI programmer that's not even on the design team. Sure, he's probably going to argue for nerfing Saryn, and he has a lot more influence on the game design than you or I...but his word isn't law.
    I don't think Saryn is going to be nerfed either because Pablo talked about it. I think that Pablo, regardless of being on the clock or not, did the same dumb thing that many employees do because they think that because they say "I'm not speaking for" or "these are my opinions" they have a created a magical ward that precludes misinterpretation (or malicious use) of what they say on things in relation to their place of employment... it doesn't work that way.
    This situation speaks to that.
    edit: Can he say whatever he wants? Sure. Is it prudent to do so? No.

tastydonuts on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

You have to figure out the order in sequence, it does not check past any incorrect guesses.

:edit: and I don't have a lich currently so I appear unable to look at my lich history to try and tell if my stab history is listed in order.

It has the wrong guesses in chronological order

steam_sig.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I think people are getting heated about the Saryn comments because it's their favorite frame and change is scary, so they go off on irrational rants if they think that she will be touched. Just because there are other OP frames/weapons in the game doesn't mean that you can't start on your favorite frame, and even then, they're not starting, it's a constant cycle of nerfs and buffs that cycle around through everything.

Also, Pablo is apparently responsible for the Nezha rework and some of the other really positive reworks lately so he can go ahead and adjust whatever he wants IMO.

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Well. Yesterday my luck was even better. Got the Cloudy Body ephemera from Stalker. Turns out now I need 20 orokin cells to make it. :( But I need to make so many primes too! I hate cells.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Well. Yesterday my luck was even better. Got the Cloudy Body ephemera from Stalker. Turns out now I need 20 orokin cells to make it. :( But I need to make so many primes too! I hate cells.

Saturn. Hydron. Smeeta.

Your Orokin cell issues will be forever solved.

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »

It has the wrong guesses in chronological order

Okay, so it stops evaluating further on failure? The stabby isn't "this is right symbol in the wrong spot," it's "this is wrong [END]"?

And I guess there's a color or indicator of something being correct too that I simply haven't seen yet. Thanks.

Probably more optimal to just kill out enough murmurs to see all the requiems, then work out the order? Dude's level 4 and while I can still kill all the things, stray napalm and drakk dudes taking my weapons is getting a little annoying.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The indication of being correct is that the lich doesn't kill you when you stab it. And yeah, now that you can force a lich to run away by refusing to stab it a few times, there's probably little sense in letting it level up on failed stabs until you've got a full set of murmurs.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Saturn. Hydron. Smeeta.

You'd think so, but clearly you dont know how often I go through cells. I farm a shitton every few days, but I end up just using more and more.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    So, this weekend, after having missed his Prime vault twice due to burnout, I traded for Rhino Prime.

I did this, despite the fact that I sold my basic Rhino years ago an never sought another, for two reasons. One: because I must have all the Primes. And two, because it is the only way I can show off my most valued possession to the plebs:

RoEhCx0.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    The indication of being correct is that the lich doesn't kill you when you stab it. And yeah, now that you can force a lich to run away by refusing to stab it a few times, there's probably little sense in letting it level up on failed stabs until you've got a full set of murmurs.

Yep, times I'd say you should stab the lich:
    1) You have a known mod and you haven't crossed it off from whatever slot you're solving for (ie, I know Ris is 1st slot, other two are unknown, murmer just told me I need a Xata so let's put Xata 2nd and see what happens).
    2) The lich is level 5 so fuck it, may as well take the shot.

My first lich had no weaknesses and was an absolute monster to kill at level 5. My second one died at level 3 (I got pretty lucky with guessing the order).

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

@NEO|Phyte you can look in the codex console across from the market on your orbiter and see a history of the liches you've fought. I don't know if it shows your stab history though, it's been a bit since I looked at it

JtgVX0H.png
    edited December 2019
    Oh, I meant like, if I moved a requiem to different slots, they would still appear in a specific order. I moved "Ris" around from first, second to third slot, but in all the recorded attempts it was always the second requiem it showed.

The attempts and order is numbered too (really small next to the row), just like in Mastermind. Very hard to see depending on the UI color scheme you have though.

tastydonuts on
    Aha, I figured there was a place to look at lich history outside of the lich button on the nav screen. Doesn't look like it shows stab history though.

Oh yeah, I did a scan of my lich... is there additional data that can show or a general kuva lich entry?

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So, this weekend, after having missed his Prime vault twice due to burnout, I traded for Rhino Prime.

I did this, despite the fact that I sold my basic Rhino years ago an never sought another, for two reasons. One: because I must have all the Primes. And two, because it is the only way I can show off my most valued possession to the plebs:

RoEhCx0.jpg

Bacon helmet for the win. It's one reason that Rhino (Prime) is at the top of my loadouts (or was, until they changed the interface recently).

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Saturn. Hydron. Smeeta.

Hydron is on Sedna isn't it? It doesn't drop cells. Also you're leaving out the "grind for 1000 hours" part.

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited December 2019
    You only need 700 - 750 orokin cells to be able to build everything that requires orokin cells at this point in time!

Also (For Switch):
    December 3rd:

We’re targeting the release of The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 for next week! We want to continue making sure Nintendo Switch Tenno can participate in the Prime Vault while we patiently await the Cert process, so two new Prime Vault Alerts are coming to Nintendo Switch this weekend:

Fragor Prime Blueprint & Akstilleto Prime Blueprint will be available in Alerts on Friday, December 6 @ 2:00 PM ET - Monday, December 9 @ 2PM ET

For (Xbox/PS4)
    December 3rd:

The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 has cleared Cert and is going live TODAY at roughly 3 PM ET! You will be greeted by Red Text to countdown to the update's deploy.

tastydonuts on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's just weird because Vex Armour is amazing and then Elemental Ward (I think? The 2, anyway) is pretty good, but Chroma's 1 and 4 are just so underwhelming.
    I think you could get away with drastically reducing the damage buff from Vex Armour if the 1 and 4 were altered to actually be useful.

Did the melee rework end up fixing the bug where you could melee attack while using Chroma's 1?

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Generally, Saryn is one of my "ugh, guess I'll pick up a book" frames when I see them in the squad, so I'm all for hitting her ability to just hit 1 and 4 and delete the map through every wall.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Saturn. Hydron. Smeeta.

Hydron is on Sedna isn't it? It doesn't drop cells. Also you're leaving out the "grind for 1000 hours" part.

Guessing he meant Helene.

This discussion has been closed.