As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's lots of starters in surprise trade. I probably have a few spare if you need
    In gen 1, you could get the other starters in Yellow, though not in the wild, and not in R/B as people have said. You could also get them through Stadium

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »
    BTW for anyone like me who's last pokemon game was Gen I, this is the best way I can summarise the changes in this gen: There is a hell of a lot of new stuff, but there are virtually no decisions you'll make that are irreversible. I mean obviously don't trade away your starter or any other one-per-game pokemon, but aside from that you can just relax, have fun, and fix any mistakes later.

This is me. Are the starter mons truly 1 per game? I hadn't looked in main game, but figured I could grab the other 2 post game, like how in Red/Blue you could eventually find the other 2 in the wild.

You can get the other two very easily by trading with people (either asking a friend to breed one for you, or doing surprise trading a bunch of times anytime after it unlocks). You can't get it any other way in your single-player game itself (you couldn't in Red and Blue either! :P)

Huh, I could have sworn you could. Granted, it's been a couple decades since I played Red.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I have gotten several Sobble and Scorbunny from secret trade but I have yet to get a single Grookey. If I don't get one by the time I beat the game I'll have to arrange a trade with someone.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    and also that chart is for singles, where vish is a lot less reliable than doubles shenanigans with a pocket whismiscott

Whimsicott's usefulness in doubles makes it the superior format, imo.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Oh, Wyborn and I also discovered that if you throw a wishing stone into a den, it stays over midnight but changes the 'mon that it spawns. I discovered it inadvertently because I didn't want to beat up another dreepy; he was being all scientific about it

yeah this is how you keep cycling to try to get stuff you want

once you hit rare beam from resetting the raid, manual save. if rare spawn is not what you want, queue up, go to system settings, advance time 1 day (turn auto sync clock off), go back to game, exit queue, check den again

it should shuffle to a different mon
    Does this different mon stay at the same star level or can that change?

it will completely reroll, but once you hit the rare beam you're at least locked in to that particular den's spawn table for the rarity

im not sure if 3 stars are limited to the non rare spawn table or if some appear on the rare side or how that really works since resetting the spawn just rolls the dice again essentially, but if you wanted to see the spawn tables for all the dens I think they're on serebii with reference images

if they ever patch this exploit I dunno how anyone is supposed to get anything they want out of raids. like if you want a gmax with hidden ability and you had to do it legit? good luck

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm like 70% sure I've gotten 3*s out of a purple beam

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The purple beam is just a separate encounter table with rarer monsters on it, but it's still got plenty of cruft

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    and also that chart is for singles, where vish is a lot less reliable than doubles shenanigans with a pocket whismiscott

Whimsicott's usefulness in doubles makes it the superior format, imo.
    I saw Wolfe stream yesterday and he used a Lucario with Justified, dynamaxed it on the first turn and had the Whimsicott use Beat Up on his own Lucario
    Did almost no damage while giving the Lucario 4 attack raises
    Inspired me to try to get a HA Lucario and name it Raylan

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I think im almost at the championship match

this teams doing better then it has any right to, granted a lot of em die often

Danko the Ninetails
    A Japanese Drakloak
    Eve the Inteleon
    Butterbean the Flapple
    Womples the Abomasnow
    Farooq the Sirfetch'd

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Oh wow, I was running around working on my dex and I ran into a shiny Kingler!

I have no idea what to do with this thing :P

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Turambar wrote: »

I'll take it off of your hands.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Is there a list of which Pokemon have shiny variations in Sword?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

All of them

• Options

All of them

Oh! Well then. I thought it was limited

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    A few pokemon have different forms that affect gameplay (gigantamax, etc) but any pokemon has a cosmetic shiny variant with a miniscule chance of appearing

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

All of them

But some of them will never be encountered in the wild, and can only be gotten through breeding or Nintendo events.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

All of them

But some of them will never be encountered in the wild, and can only be gotten through breeding or Nintendo events.

This is probably what I was thinking of.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I don't know what is happening but I no lie just got my second shiny, this time a Falinks! I was considering just rare candying my shiny Corsola to evolve it but decided to do some old fashioned grinding on Route 8 and there it was. Thank god for the critical capture, I didn't want to risk losing it so I was just spamming Repeat Balls while it was at full health.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Oh neat, I found a second Tart Apple. I thought we only got one per game. Anyone with Shield have a spare Sweet Apple?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    a lot of people said a lot of "you only get one X in sw/sh!!" because they blazed through the game in 10 hours, clicked nothing, and assumed that was it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    a lot of people said a lot of "you only get one X in sw/sh!!" because they blazed through the game in 10 hours, clicked nothing, and assumed that was it

I saved my tea pot thing but I assumed you could get more then one it hasn't been since like diamond since you've been limited or something I think

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I saved my tea pot thing but I assumed you could get more then one it hasn't been since like diamond since you've been limited or something I think

Pots can show up at Stow-on-Side, but it's random.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BTW I found the apple below the fruit tree on that island in the southern section of the Wilds. Not sure if it was random or if everyone gets a second one there.

• Options
    BTW I found the apple below the fruit tree on that island in the southern section of the Wilds. Not sure if it was random or if everyone gets a second one there.

Everyone gets a second one there, and it can randomly respawn (hasn't yet for me though) I hear. Basically the same as the pile of evolution stones in the dragon area.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    To be clear, that's Axew's Island directly south of the Motostoke entrance

it's the one full of Bewear (and usually a Haxorus wandering around)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Have you filled out your Curry Dex?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I guess my current goal is mess around in battle tower and they gave me a rain rental team

The 4 I might find ivs for are malamar uh dunno the other 3 gotta figure out something fun just for battle tower

Edit: wait what am I thinking whimsicott of course I'm so blind

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Piers and Marnie are so great
    post game
    Piers freaking out about Marnie is so adorable and great and he doesn't realize there is no power spot in spikemuth so shes safe lmao, not that she wouldn't be fine but omg its so cute

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options

I have literally never looked at my curry dex and there's a good chance I never will.

• Options

I have literally never looked at my curry dex and there's a good chance I never will.

The joke was I think to make curry with it.

• Options
    I'll be honest: I got the joke, went away and did something else for a while, came back, forgot that I had got the joke, and then made that post.

• Options
    anyone around that can trade/trade back an alcremie so I can get the dex data? its the final one I need

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    anyone around that can trade/trade back an alcremie so I can get the dex data? its the final one I need

I could get you tomorrow but also it'd take like five minutes for you to do it from scratch unless the cafe guys royally screwed you

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    they totally did, i got exp candies

guess im gonna reset a raid den over and over for it

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    hooray dex complete

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    hooray dex complete

Grats! By the way, what constitutes a complete Pokédex at the moment? Aren't there still a few no-one can get yet, like Mewtwo?

Butler on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Anyone have daramuka with gorilla, a corsola or a perfect IV ditto going spare? I have mold break exadrills I can breed up to swap.

• Options
    I'm up to like 8 dreepy eggs and I have no real plans for them.

I should make an omelette.

• Options
    hooray dex complete

Grats! By the way, what constitutes a complete Pokédex at the moment? Aren't there still a few no-one can get yet, like Mewtwo?

The 400 pokemon in the Regional Dex for Galar

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    7 boxes with 30 pokemon each later and still no shiny Horsea in ORAS. I just want a shiny Kingdra, dammit.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads