As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    What about the games, though? Or does she just log in and redownload from the eShop?

I should probably note we haven't actually tried any of this yet; she's waiting on the microSD card she ordered online (probably tomorrow), and this is what she told me she found about the process.
    Don't quote me on this but I believe that any games she purchased under her account should be available to download when she signs into her new switch. I think she has to register the console as her main switch or something though. If she wants to play any games you purchased under your account I'm not 100% sure how that part works. I'm sure someone else in the thread can help you with that one.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    What about the games, though? Or does she just log in and redownload from the eShop?

I should probably note we haven't actually tried any of this yet; she's waiting on the microSD card she ordered online (probably tomorrow), and this is what she told me she found about the process.
    Don't quote me on this but I believe that any games she purchased under her account should be available to download when she signs into her new switch. I think she has to register the console as her main switch or something though. If she wants to play any games you purchased under your account I'm not 100% sure how that part works. I'm sure someone else in the thread can help you with that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7QrD6mQ8s

Transfer your user profile, all your saves go with it. Any games that profile bought need to be redownloaded on the new system. Fairly simple. I don't know if there's a way to individually transfer games, but this is probably the most pain free way.

Really though the big question to ask is: Has she bought games on her profile that she doesn't want to lose, or have you both bought games on your respective profiles and you both still want to keep playing each other's stuff? The former is the above, she takes her saves to her own system. "Her games" and "Your games" still remain on "Your Switch" but you can't play "Her games" because you never actually bought them. If you want to share shit though, that would require more effort that I'm not entirely clear on.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hm, as far as I can recall off the top of my head, most of not all of "our" games are physical or on my account.

My main concern at the moment is Smash-- we used her account to unlock everyone.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    You're gonna have a problem similar to me. If she wants to be able to play outside of the house (re: without internet access) you need to make her account the primary account. If not, or if you don't care, you can make her's the secondary account. Considering most everything was purchased on your account however, she'll either need to re-buy the games she wants to play on her own on her switch OR will need the Lite to be the primary account so that when she wants to play a game downloaded on your account the system can do the online check that you own the title.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The "easy" way to share games on your account (A) to her (B), would be to make the Lite the primary switch for A. Then she can play A games on the lite even while logged in as B, and you can continue to play A games logged into A account on the OG as long as you have internet. That setup however is not going to work for Smashing on the OG, because account B cannot play A games on the OG, because your OG became a secondary switch for A.

In other words, you're either going to be rebuying some games for her account, or else you're gonna be redoing all those Smash unlocks on your OG.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    For those of you who are all-in or mostly all-in on digital, how big of a memory card do you have? I currently have a 128, but it's starting to get cramped. I'm wavering on if I want to just do a 256 or take the plunge and go 512.

steam_sig.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    For those of you who are all-in or mostly all-in on digital, how big of a memory card do you have? I currently have a 128, but it's starting to get cramped. I'm wavering on if I want to just do a 256 or take the plunge and go 512.

I'm 100% digital, except for BotW. Own a 128GB card and still have lots of space left over. Although it should be noted that most of my games are smaller, Indie stuff, so YMMV.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Split the difference on 400 if the price is good. Think those are $60 at Best Buy right now.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    You're gonna have a problem similar to me. If she wants to be able to play outside of the house (re: without internet access) you need to make her account the primary account. If not, or if you don't care, you can make her's the secondary account. Considering most everything was purchased on your account however, she'll either need to re-buy the games she wants to play on her own on her switch OR will need the Lite to be the primary account so that when she wants to play a game downloaded on your account the system can do the online check that you own the title.

However I think the saves are also attached to the account. So if she re-buys the games all her saves will start from nothing.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I have a 256 and it's definitely cramped, i already have to delete games to get others.

How easy would it be to have more than one card with different games? Just turn it off, swap card and turn it back on?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Skyrim is awesome though.

There are specific playstyles it supports poorly (any damaging spellcasting) but more than makes up for it in the fun of other playstyles (stealth archery, conjuration, paralysis, shouts). And there's a great sense of adventure and exploration to everything, I still feel like most of the dungeons are designed very well and are memorable in their own way, even when using common tile sets. Even today I'd call it gorgeous due to excellent art direction and a sense of balance in visual elements.

I believe there was a return to more careful dungeon design after Oblivion's rather mediocre ones. My only real complaint about Skyrim's dungeons are that draugr weren't a terribly interesting enemy type and there were so many draugr dungeons.

That said, I don't think I could stomach it on the Switch just due to the lack of mods. Combat has long been the weak point of the Elder Scroll's games and they need to get some consultation from people at Arkane that worked on Dishonored to tighten up their melee systems similar to how they worked with people from id to improve Fallout's shooting after 3.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I can almost hear people racing to remake the entirety of Zelda 2.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

Why y'all gotta make me want this game ... I was 'safely' ignoring it. Dammit ... KoopahTroopah ... *goes to check bank account balance*. Whew ... I don't have enough money ... try again next month.

Edit: I had the wrong man arrested ... at first. But a quick ninja edit AND I'm safe ... LOL.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Dammit, Best Buy had a Cyber Monday deal - $300 for console and two games that appears to have vanished between the time I added it to my card and the time I tried to check out.

Now all the other deals look lame by comparison and I'm grumpy about it.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I came here to tell you all about how the official flap cover for the Switch Lite was back in stock on Play-Asia, but I must have bought the last one because it went OOS immediately after I made the purchase.
    This is now a post about how I paid way too much to import a case from Japan that should have been available in the states to begin with.
    Might as well post the link in case it comes back:

https://www.play-asia.com/flap-cover-for-nintendo-switch-lite/13/70czob

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    What the...there's a spell in Skyrim that lets you turn iron ore into silver and gold ore? I've put hundreds of hours into this damn game on other systems and discover this spell using the Switch screen? WTF.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I came here to tell you all about how the official flap cover for the Switch Lite was back in stock on Play-Asia, but I must have bought the last one because it went OOS immediately after I made the purchase.
    This is now a post about how I paid way too much to import a case from Japan that should have been available in the states to begin with.
    Might as well post the link in case it comes back:

https://www.play-asia.com/flap-cover-for-nintendo-switch-lite/13/70czob
    Will it make you feel better if I tell you that it'll go on sale in North America in less than a week?
    https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendos-40-flip-cover-for-the-switch-lite-comes-to-the-us-on-dec-8/

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Oh for fucks sake. No. No that doesn't make me feel better.

Edit: it appears to be the same price so all I'm really out is the extra shipping, plus I get it early. Not as upset as I was before I clicked the article.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    What the...there's a spell in Skyrim that lets you turn iron ore into silver and gold ore? I've put hundreds of hours into this damn game on other systems and discover this spell using the Switch screen? WTF.

Just absolutely flooding the market with gold rings is how I boost both my Smithing and Alteration skills and make most of my money.

You could say I usually roleplay as the Mansa Musa of Skyrim.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @Handsome Costanza Dude thanks for taking the time to post about Katana Zero. Picked it up based on that and I'm having an absolute blast with it. Really interesting story, great music, and super fun kinetic game play. Dark game though for sure. Way keen to see where it ends up going. Also really interested in just how much my choices matter. Probably not much, but I still feel bad for accidentally murderizing a guy begging for change because I hit the wrong button. The boss fights are a trip too. Shit the whole game is a trip.

Minor spoiler
    I also feel pretty bad for my poor pothead neighbors who apparently get to spend eternity being tortured by V because of magic time travel drugs?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited December 2019
    @Handsome Costanza Dude thanks for taking the time to post about Katana Zero. Picked it up based on that and I'm having an absolute blast with it. Really interesting story, great music, and super fun kinetic game play. Dark game though for sure. Way keen to see where it ends up going. Also really interested in just how much my choices matter. Probably not much, but I still feel bad for accidentally murderizing a guy begging for change because I hit the wrong button. The boss fights are a trip too. Shit the whole game is a trip.

Minor spoiler
    I also feel pretty bad for my poor pothead neighbors who apparently get to spend eternity being tortured by V because of magic time travel drugs?

I wish I could awesome and agree a post at the same time. That's really great to hear, you're welcome. And yeah.. the game is a real trip alright, that's an understatement.

It really deserves more attention. It's only $9 on the eshop right now people! Most of you could buy it with gold coins entirely. I'm here to tell you it's worth it, and is a worthy use of coins (or dollars, if you've already spent your coins or don't want to, or don't have any/enough yet).

Edit: also about how your choices matter (early game minor/vague spoilers):
    I got into a shit-talking match with the desk clerk at a hotel and she eventually called the cops on me who I then had to fight. Afterwards I was told she had to be eliminated due to my failure to ignore her. How that would have played out had I not argued with her and told her to fuck off I'm not sure, but I suspect that the cops would not have appeared at the spot they did at the very least. It was totally a dialogue choice I made.

Katana Zero is worth it even for the story and the visuals/sound design alone, but the gameplay and how it works in concert with the storytelling and the visual/audio aspects is on another level entirely. Like I said before, it's on some peak-Kojima shit.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Just absolutely flooding the market with gold rings is how I boost both my Smithing and Alteration skills and make most of my money.

You could say I usually roleplay as the Mansa Musa of Skyrim.

That is precisely what I started doing.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    About that hotel clerk in Katana Zero...
    I convinced her that I was just a dude who wanted to take a shower! Came back all bloodied from the hit and she corroborated my story with the cop. Nah, it's not the blood of a few dozen mooks, it's bath products! Walked out scott free.
    Hell of a game so far. Mid/late (?) spoiler:
    Two very odd lanky dudes in death masks just gave me the choice between taking a bullet and ending the game or becoming death incarnate? And now I'm the true dragon and things are getting even more insane.
    Seriously just thought this would be another slash-em-up but yeah it's so much deeper than that.

firewaterword on
    edited December 2019
    About that hotel clerk in Katana Zero...
    I convinced her that I was just a dude who wanted to take a shower! Came back all bloodied from the hit and she corroborated my story with the cop. Nah, it's not the blood of a few dozen mooks, it's bath products! Walked out scott free.
    Hell of a game so far. Mid/late (?) spoiler:
    Two very odd lanky dudes in death masks just gave me the choice between taking a bullet and ending the game or becoming death incarnate? And now I'm the true dragon and things are getting even more insane.
    Seriously just thought this would be another slash-em-up but yeah it's so much deeper than that.

Ok awesome, that means that dialogue choices actually do affect gameplay and the story somewhat.

Edit: also about your second spoiler:
    Oh just wait until you... just wait until something happens. It get's even crazier from there. Actually I'm not sure if it happens before or after the masked dudes. Does blonde hair ring a bell?

Edit: yeah I think that's what you meant by true dragon. I absolutely love his gameplay mechanic with the dash attacks.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    So, I can somehow lock my kids profiles out of Katana Zero if I got it, right? It's been a long time since I've opened the parental controls.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited December 2019
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    So, I can somehow lock my kids profiles out of Katana Zero if I got it, right? It's been a long time since I've opened the parental controls.

Yup, I believe so. Granted I've never used parental controls as anything other than a more robust means of tracking game time/an extra layer of security.

Edit: although I'm apparently going to be an uncle now, so I should probably start thinking about that kinda stuff I guess.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Oh just wait until you... just wait until something happens. It get's even crazier from there. Actually I'm not sure if it happens before or after the masked dudes. Does blonde hair ring a bell?

Edit: yeah I think that's what you meant by true dragon. I absolutely love his gameplay mechanic with the dash attacks.

Yeah it's even crazier now with that mechanic. Starting to feel like a hyper kinetic puzzle game.

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

Yeah it's even crazier now with that mechanic. Starting to feel like a hyper kinetic puzzle game.

Dammit. You jerks just sold a game.

camo_sig2.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Katana Zero is one of the finest gaming experiences I've ever had. I basically beat it in one excessively long sitting. Or maybe two, but I basically devoured it.

Don't miss it.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

She has a fair bit on her account, and it's those games and her save files we want on her Switch Lite.

Mine is doubling as the "communal" Switch for my stuff and things we play together, like Smash (which is physical, anyway, so no need to rebuy).

So with that, she should be able to just redownload her games and save files from the cloud once she adds her account, right?

Edit: Just looked at our purchase histories, and... damn. She ended up getting a hell of a lot more stuff I'm interested in than I thought. D=

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dang it, now I own Katana Zero. Thanks Obama thread.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    *laughs maniacally*

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I loved Katana Zero so much when it came out, and it bummed me out that nobody else was talking about it. Really glad a bunch of people are checking it out now, cause it is one of the hidden gems of the year.

@Handsome Costanza I'm curious what Killer Queen Black online is like. Are games easy to find, is playing with random strangers fun, and in general is it a good game to play solo online? The game looks super interesting, but playing it solo online is the only way I'll be able to play it, and don't want to waste my money if that mode isn't great. Thanks!

I loved Katana Zero so much when it came out, and it bummed me out that nobody else was talking about it. Really glad a bunch of people are checking it out now, cause it is one of the hidden gems of the year.

@Handsome Costanza I'm curious what Killer Queen Black online is like. Are games easy to find, is playing with random strangers fun, and in general is it a good game to play solo online? The game looks super interesting, but playing it solo online is the only way I'll be able to play it, and don't want to waste my money if that mode isn't great. Thanks!

Games are incredibly easy to find, it's quite active especially now that it's been on sale. It has built-in voice chat, and a full emote system with pretty much everything you'd need to communicate if you don't have a mic. The gameplay is simple enough at it's core to where you'll be able to work effectively as a team simply by paying attention to whats going on on-screen. You can absolutely play online solo with no problems, that's how I play at least.

You can also start a local game and fill it with bots if you just want to play against the AI. It's good for learning the ropes beyond just the tutorial.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular

Games are incredibly easy to find, it's quite active especially now that it's been on sale. It has built-in voice chat, and a full emote system with pretty much everything you'd need to communicate if you don't have a mic. The gameplay is simple enough at it's core to where you'll be able to work effectively as a team simply by paying attention to whats going on on-screen. You can absolutely play online solo with no problems, that's how I play at least.

You can also start a local game and fill it with bots if you just want to play against the AI. It's good for learning the ropes beyond just the tutorial.

Yeah ok I'm sold. Just read in the description that is has cross play with other consoles too, which should help keep it alive for a long while.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Oh hey everyone in steam chat recommends these... Except wait, how interconnected are the numbered titles?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Oh hey everyone in steam chat recommends these... Except wait, how interconnected are the numbered titles?

Very - each one is a direct sequel to the other. There's apparently a plot summary you can access in 3 but personally I wouldn't view it as much more than a refresher for veterans, you just miss out on too much of the world. (there's a reason 1 is basically 60 hours of world building)

Donnicton on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

I have been interested in playing these and just got the first game for the PS4. I would grab them for the Switch in an instant if they released all three. From what I understand, they are hugely interconnected.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!