As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I have that glint but tbh between juggling her Ultra and Chain I don't have enough SB for her.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    elarra usb2 today. unsure if i'll use it that often, but can't hurt to have the option.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I got Tifaโ€™s Arcane.

Between her monk double USB, this thing, and her Glint, sheโ€™s got a lot going for her at the moment. Which makes me real frustrated that Earth is still a missing element in my chain potential.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    VIII discount - Laguna Imperil USB, and Laguna chain. Finally have a physical ice chain, and Laguna will be a monster for imperil. I also have his LMR for a chance to imperil when using machinist.

Daily hit - Lenna LMR. Chance to small medica on white ability use. Not awful.

Black Friday - Squall Ice USB, the bad ice one. +10 atk.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    3/10 two discoes, all dupes
    Dupe king LMR, Tyro OSB (lol), Bartz AOSB.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    2/10
    WoL AOSB dupe
    Morrow LMR

At least one more non-dupe 6* would be nice.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How the hell do you get Titan's last phase?
    I actually timed up every Earthen Wall to be broken by Zidane OSB. So he needs high quick cast and to be free when they go up otherwise -wind makes him not break it.
    Still in the last phase you have to reup wind and break wall and rage and as soon as you can do that he rages again and then you pretty much just lose.
    I can't get enough hones to last through the whole fight. Is that what the defend for the first part of the fight is about?
    So frustrating.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Discount X: Auron USB, the one with a stacking speed booster and parting-shot Overstrike.

Iโ€™m actually almost annoyed at how good Auron has become for me in the past few days. I now have for him a good USB, an OSB, and an Arcane. But I fear Iโ€™ll still rarely use him, because Corโ€™s Awakening/USB combo outpaces everything else, and thereโ€™s only one 6-star Fire Samurai skill to go around.

But then, maybe Iโ€™m overthinking. Iai Hellflame and Damning Flame were good enough before, why not now?

Enlong on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    2/10 Disco dupes. Ashe OSB dupe, Jecht USB2 dupe. At least Jecht is +fire light armor.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: ยป
    Discount X: Auron USB, the one with a stacking speed booster and parting-shot Overstrike.

Iโ€™m actually almost annoyed at how good Auron has become for me in the past few days. I now have for him a good USB, an OSB, and an Arcane. But I fear Iโ€™ll still rarely use him, because Corโ€™s Awakening/USB combo outpaces everything else, and thereโ€™s only one 6-star Fire Samurai skill to go around.

But then, maybe Iโ€™m overthinking. Iai Hellflame and Damning Flame were good enough before, why not now?

Even with his Awakening, Auron's behind Cor - Cor's just designed to work with that 6* ability in a way that Auron isn't. It's honestly a bit annoying.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I think I have to admit I'm not smart enough to figure Titan out, I'm going to try and copy this video:
    I thought Zidane with AASB OSB USB1 USB2 LMR would be better than barret but that's why I keep losing. Curiously, they don't have him using gunarm, so he's missing out on his sweet lmr boost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6qgh44FLiU

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hmm tho that Synchro looks shiny, I think I'm gonna pull on the Earth Banner pick up (if it comes out!). I still need an Earth Chain before anything else. Or is a G0.5 clear even possible?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    What are you trying to clear?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Oh just futureproofing for Ramuh that's all.

• Options
    There are three strong earth banners in the next few weeks if you're interested in Ramuh.

The first one, this week, is the Tifa/Machina/Red banner, with Tifa's synchro. Getting that turns her into a beast. Machina's awakening is also strong and he gets a gen 2 CSB. Both flavors of gen 2 CSBs are here, for Machina and Emperor. The problem here is that Red, even with his CSB and every other piece of tech for him, he only has two ways to enEarth, his Awakening and his glint+, so he kind of has to fall back into an entrust role, which makes his relics not quite duds, but comparatively to all the others... yeah, kind of dud-looking.

Next week should be the FFV old man banner, which has no chains, but has two strong physical earth awakenings next to Galuf's inexplicably terrible awakening. Kelger has a slight issue of his USB not providing enEarth, but his BSB does. Galuf will also need to use his USB for enEarth if he's a primary DPS instead of chain holder. Xezat relics are kind of a bust here, but he is a Bartz-lite, with the elemental boost in ice and lit that Bartz doesn't get, and supplies a party crit fix which becomes absurd if you really go all in on the banner and can put together a full old-man team.

The last earth banner will be in the fest. Rinoa's synchro, earth awakening, and glint+ all debut there, but the rest of the banner is a chaotic mess, and the fest is weird in general because there are multiple lightning banners. It was earth-focused in Japan. Enna Kros and Cinque were the other earth tech, with their awakenings and glint+s, but the other two characters were Larsa and then Barret with a fire awakening. Enna Kros and Rinoa are both ridiculously strong earth mages, but if you don't have Enna's USB, she lacks any way to refresh enEarth, even in the lens shop. Barret's also unusable for Shiva because no enFire refresh whatsoever. I expect the fest banners to be shuffled around pretty heavily because they're just plain weird in general.

Personally, I'm not sure where I'm looking at, but I am sitting on 350 mythril. I think I have the absolute bare minimum to scrape through a Ramuh clear from what I've seen (Bartz AASB/BSB, Tifa AASB/USB2/BSB, Galuf CSB, Elarra USB/BSB, Tyro USB3/4/LMR), but that seems deeply unpleasant and highly reliant on getting outstanding Bartz RNG. Was really hoping to hit Elarra's AASB to solve the Ramuh phase 3 nuke and damage overdrive issue. Hitting either Tifa's synchro or Machina's AASB I feel would likely seal up a Ramuh clear, but I have little use for almost everything else there. FFV I'm pretty meh on. Galuf is my chain holder, but I expect him to just imperil or be paralyzed and not contribute much. Snagging Dorgann or Kelger's AASBs would be an improvement over Bartz, but I don't know that they'd be enough of one. The mage fest one is interesting to me since I lucked into Red's CSB and Maria's AASB in the realm refresh, so one more mage relic could give me a solid earth mage team. The banner's likely to change though, so I hate to assume draws on it hunting for Rinoa stuff if the rest is going to be crap for me. There's no good way to get Enna's USB for quite a while too, even on dream selects, so Rinoa would likely be the only 'hit' on those.

Some of my mythril is also earmarked for anti-Leviathan. I was thinking I'd just grab Shantotto's AASB in the December select for a solid mage team (Ashe AASB, Garnet CSB) since I didn't have a gen2 lightning CSB, but Black Friday gifted me Prompto's, so now I guess chasing the broken-as-fuck Claire banner is back on the table. My fire teams are also quite out of date, and I highly doubt Locke CSB, Zell USB, and Bartz AASB are going to cut it for Shiva, so I've got that in the back of my mind, but the next decent fire focused banner seems to be 5th anniversary fest.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hmm this is pretty reliant on exact copy of magicite deck and stats.
    Maybe I put Zidane back in and try and use defend for a bit to build meter like they do here?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hmm this is pretty reliant on exact copy of magicite deck and stats.
    Maybe I put Zidane back in and try and use defend for a bit to build meter like they do here?

Barret's def crush and spreading IC do a lot of work too. It also only barely squeaks out a victory at the last possible second.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    How the hell do you get Titan's last phase?
    I actually timed up every Earthen Wall to be broken by Zidane OSB. So he needs high quick cast and to be free when they go up otherwise -wind makes him not break it.
    Still in the last phase you have to reup wind and break wall and rage and as soon as you can do that he rages again and then you pretty much just lose.
    I can't get enough hones to last through the whole fight. Is that what the defend for the first part of the fight is about?
    So frustrating.

Yeah, going slow at the beginning of the fight helps to build up enough meter so you can push harder to get through the last phase.

I use(d) Fabula Mage to kill two of the Earthen Walls, so I didn't have to try to time an OSB around wind aura getting stripped. Also, just as the way things panned out for me, usually I blew up one of the walls with Cloud USB1 refresh, though that is a huge waste of damage compared to an OSB.

The update to OSB costs should be happening...tomorrow morning, which should help a bit.

• Options
    It feels easier to time the early wall breaks with Zidane OSB than to break rage in the last phase.

What did you have Cloud under where he did that kind of damage? My USB1 refreshes were hitting the wall for zero but maybe the USB effect had run out.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Zack chain, usually ~2 stacks of wind aura from glint, and the previous USB1 still active made a USB refresh hit for like 55k per hit vs the wall

Fry on
  • Options
    Hmm. What order did you layer that on?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    For whatever reason, whenever I tried breaking the wall using Cloud USB casting, the hits were 0 damage? I always see them working in videos and I've got nothing :/

• Options
    edited December 2019
    IIRC, something like, life siphon to full, Glint, USB 1, Glint, two raging quad, USB1, Glint, a couple more raging quad, probably Awakening in here, raging quad some more, USB1 on the instant cast turn from the Awakening, AOSB to finish

Fry on
  • Options
    For whatever reason, whenever I tried breaking the wall using Cloud USB casting, the hits were 0 damage? I always see them working in videos and I've got nothing :/

hits below 50k are reduced to zero for reasons.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    So would you say I would see more damage with stacking enwind via the glint then with the follow up from usb2?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2019
    xakbwfs0u4nl.jpg

Got antsy and didn't wait for the OSB buff.

That's 7.

e: Man, that's 75 rainbow shards you get from that.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    So would you say I would see more damage with stacking enwind via the glint then with the follow up from usb2?

Stacking wind is nice because your damage doesn't turn off when wind aura is stripped. Depends what SBs you have for Cloud, I wished I had another slot to equip USB2 along with the other stuff I was using (USB1, Glint, Awakening, AOSB). If you're missing one of those, might as well put the USB2 in instead.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Assuming I ever get past Titan, taking stock for Ramuh.

Tools:
    Bartz (Awakening, AOSB, OSB, USB1. Don't have BSB, but can purchase. LMR)
    Tifa (Awakening, AOSB, USB2, OSB, two glints but neither gives empowered). Difficulty: Since Ramuh strips enfusion a lot, USB2 is the only reliable source to re-up, and it shreds hones
    Kelger, Rydia, Rinoa, and Maria have AOSBs but not much else.
    Galuf at least has gen2 chain, and he's got an imperil USB and an enEarth USB, but that's a LOT of meter to juggle.
    Yang USB has an overflow finisher, I guess?
    Telluh USB overflows, but kills himself, so nah.

I have no empowered enfusion options.

...man, I actually thought of earth as one of my better elements (I can auto sub-30 quetz), but when you're forced to have multiple auras, the situation ends up dire.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Assuming I ever get past Titan, taking stock for Ramuh.

Tools:
    Bartz (Awakening, AOSB, OSB, USB1. Don't have BSB, but can purchase. LMR)
    Tifa (Awakening, AOSB, USB2, OSB, two glints but neither gives empowered). Difficulty: Since Ramuh strips enfusion a lot, USB2 is the only reliable source to re-up, and it shreds hones
    Kelger, Rydia, Rinoa, and Maria have AOSBs but not much else.
    Galuf at least has gen2 chain, and he's got an imperil USB and an enEarth USB, but that's a LOT of meter to juggle.
    Yang USB has an overflow finisher, I guess?
    Telluh USB overflows, but kills himself, so nah.

I have no empowered enfusion options.

...man, I actually thought of earth as one of my better elements (I can auto sub-30 quetz), but when you're forced to have multiple auras, the situation ends up dire.

If you check clears, Galuf CSB, Tifa AASB/USB2, and Bartz AASB/BSB are the backbone of a shitload of them. There is, however, a lot of variation on some pretty important other pieces that have varied use. A healer awakening to tank the phase 3 99999 is frequent. I've heard tell that Elarra's BSB can also be used, but don't remember ever seeing an actual example of it. A couple use Galuf's enEarth glint solely to avoid the paralysis. Some also use it (or his USB1) to let him do a little bit of DPSing. Some use Bartz's AOSB in phase 1 to push to phase 2 before Ramuh does... something bad. Strips enEarth or paralyzes probably.

It's also funny looking back because the whales who were the first to go after Ramuh were all saying he was a little easier than Titan. I can believe that... if you've got a fully stacked healer AASB, glint+, USB, etc, to shrug off the massively increased damage, plus a stacked Tifa who can put it work from the start and a stacked Galuf who can actually contribute significantly outside setting up the chain. There's less random shit to keep track of and interruptions in the form of walls. It does have a more easily understood pattern and tempo too. Setup at the start. Hit the CSB and USBs or glints to ease your way through phase one, refresh CSB and one character USBs while the other AASBs to get rage under control and push phase two twice as fast as phase one, then reverse the AASB/USB once you reach phase 3 and coast to the end.

But the amount of variance in party setup in early clears is small, and the 3/4/5 lightning magicite were all among the easiest of their level, so it's been okay for earth tech to lag quite a bit. Then comes Ramuh.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Tifa's BSBs are relevant, haven't looked but I bet at least one is in the lens shop. One is Earth aura, one is Earth Imperil and has a command that gives her a crit chance buff, IIRC.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Tifa's USB2 and AASB don't really interact though, right? Is it just for two phases of the fight?

• Options
    I think ramuh is just going to sit on top of the torments in the not worth doing pile for me.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Looks like they may be refreshing the Elemental Draw banners at 5/8AM, just in time so no Synchros are added to them.

E: I'm actually split on whether this is good or not.

E2: It's real.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Haucrefegchent USB/10 today!

Not only does it raise his DEF/RES/MND but it also gives him a high chance to cover!
    COVER IS EFFECTIVE AGAINST MOST ATTACKS

I don't think they know what any words mean.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    OMG!!!

Sort by HP for accessories!

!!!

SKIP BATTLE RESULTS!

Welcome to a new glorious era.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    OMG!!!

Sort by HP for accessories!

!!!

SKIP BATTLE RESULTS!

Welcome to a new glorious era.

This second part might actually get me to come back

The sheer glut of menus, alongside the poor load times largely contributed to me deciding that I was doing a lot more waiting than playing and dropping this

• Options
    Man... Can't complain I guess. Discos every pull. Today I got 3. 2 dupes (Rinoa and Tifa's AOSB) and Vaan's... USB 1? More lenses for the Lens god.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They got rid of the mastery system too? Thank fucking christ

• Options
    So I see this new Monk ability, and I think โ€œso Tyro now has a Medica ability that he can spam.โ€

• Options
    Javen wrote: ยป
    They got rid of the mastery system too? Thank fucking christ

Took them long enough, given EXP is basically useless anymore. They give out more eggs than they do new characters who need them, and Arcana are more efficient for leveling Magicite.

I remember back in the day you had to have Unique Soul Break relics equipped to use the corresponding Soul Break. Oh how far we've come since then.