As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] Elan Sleazebaggano went home and became a family man

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I've starting running a edge of the empire game with x wing miniatures for space combat

Holy sith theres a lot

Bloods End on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting that

I hate Star Wars again

Are we really hating on the color pink just because?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I saw a star war movie one time

Prove it

There was a Droid that goes "gonk"

Checks out, bend over for the tattoo

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I've starting running a edge of the empire game with x wing miniatures for space combat

Holy sith theres a lot

I've wanted to try that, but it seems like it would be a lot

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    A DUM pit droid in the streets a gonk droid in the sheets.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mandalorian Rebels connection from last episode

I lost it at the CG Lothcat! Totally did not expect it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Form II in the streets, Form VII in the sheets

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Neeeerrrrrrrrrrd

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I saw a star war movie one time

Prove it

There was a Droid that goes "gonk"

Checks out, bend over for the tattoo

Is the tattoo a gonk Droid?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Same. Although having rewatched Rebels since Mandalorian came out the blurg are actually from Rebels too.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for posting that

I hate Star Wars again

No, I find almost everything about that Rebels to be aggressive repugnant

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Same. Although having rewatched Rebels since Mandalorian came out the blurg are actually from Rebels too.
    Blurg may be in Rebels, but they've been in star wars longer than that. I was fighting Blurg on Endor back in 2003 in the game Star Wars Galaxies. Where they actually come from I have no idea.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Blurg may be in Rebels, but they've been in star wars longer than that. I was fighting Blurg on Endor back in 2003 in the game Star Wars Galaxies. Where they actually come from I have no idea.

According to Wookieepedia, their first appearance was in Ewok: The Battle for Endor back in 85.
    Though, I'm far too lazy to do any further research as to how much of an appearance they actually made.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting that

I hate Star Wars again

hang on... grand admiral thrawn?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting that

I hate Star Wars again

hang on... grand admiral thrawn?

No, he’s Douglas Danger. It’s right there in his username!

...unless...

• Options
    The Mandolorian is awesome so far. Really getting those old EU vibes.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

wow I fucking LOVED this post

• Options
    also took me a long session of Toilet Thinking to come to this conclusion but

I think this is the Star Wars phone game I want lol

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Mandalorian thoughts, I was worried the show wouldn't have its own style. But I'm very, very happy with the space spaghetti western vibe. The Mandalorian already has more personality than Boba ever did, and things like the old EU's "battlefield adoptions," "this is my face," and clan loyalty like in KOTOR are exactly the kinds of things I wanted to see. The music, fighting and special effects all deserve credit. And I was not at all expecting the Lone Wolf and Cub vibe. I'm really enjoying just the long shots of Mando bonding with the kid. I'm glad they're sticking to their guns on "no faces" for the time being, there's plenty that's being communicated in their voice and body language.
    Also Jon Faverau's Paz Vizla is the freaking COOLEST design. I love they're altering the shape, color and bulk of the clans armor to get across this is a culture of distinct warriors. And yeah, I was really surprised by clan cavalry scene, that was pure fanservice at its finest.
    paz-vizsla.png
    I am also squeeing WAY more than usual whenever the kid is on screen.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mandalorian thoughts, I was worried the show wouldn't have its own style. But I'm very, very happy with the space spaghetti western vibe. The Mandalorian already has more personality than Boba ever did, and things like the old EU's "battlefield adoptions," "this is my face," and clan loyalty like in KOTOR are exactly the kinds of things I wanted to see. The music, fighting and special effects all deserve credit. And I was not at all expecting the Lone Wolf and Cub vibe. I'm really enjoying just the long shots of Mando bonding with the kid. I'm glad they're sticking to their guns on "no faces" for the time being, there's plenty that's being communicated in their voice and body language.
    Also Jon Faverau's Paz Vizla is the freaking COOLEST design. I love they're altering the shape, color and bulk of the clans armor to get across this is a culture of distinct warriors. And yeah, I was really surprised by clan cavalry scene, that was pure fanservice at its finest.
    paz-vizsla.png
    I am also squeeing WAY more than usual whenever the kid is on screen.

I'm not really disagreeing with any of this, I just feel the need to point out that every alien in the cantina had more character than Boba Fett

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I mean, we did see Boba as a bland child in Episode 2 and Clone Wars. He has technically had a character arc. But it's just been "Avenge Dad! Jedi Bad!"
    Mando is skilled, capable and stoic, but he also has a luck stat of 1, which means things go hilariously wrong for him even though he himself is quite capable. He also has a soft spot for kids and cares about his weird super-commando clan's well being. I like that more than "renegade" Boba, who in-universe is a selfish dick who has killed kids.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Boba Fett grew up in a galaxy populated with millions and millions of his dead dad, his dead dad around every corner, his dead dad who he saw get decapitated then wept and cradled the still smoking helmeted head of his dead dad but no heres his dead dad again in this cantina hanging out with a bunch more his dead dads

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    I wish "they" would give the prequels the fuck off, this shit is so bad and embarrassing "we're" going to officially disown this dreck and pretend it was a bad story some strung out drunk liar told in a cantina at 0330 to the captive audience bartender Legends treatment

• Options
    Nah. Prequels are pretty nice.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think the prequels themselves are bad with a handful of good moments but the stuff made in that era since they came out (primarily Clone Wars and the comics) are good enough to justify them

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bloods End wrote: »

Holy sith theres a lot

I've wanted to try that, but it seems like it would be a lot

It's more work and you need to homebrew a number of rules, but it makes space combat more fun, and in freighters it actually gives everyone something to do (tech, turrets, captain, pilot, engineer)

• Options
    the prequels have enough redeeming qualities and are framed around distinct, important enough historical events that I mostly give the shitty writing a pass

they're not good, but they're probably fine

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I did like that by his last appearance in Clone Wars, Boba Fett has clearly gotten more skilled at the bounty hunting thing but he's also very naive. There's a combination of trying to be "tough" while still not fully internalizing the bad shit the job requires. I think there's a nice progression there.

Also I enjoyed how he keeps getting adopted by other bounty hunters, first Aurra Sing, then Bossk.

• Options
    To quote Abraham Lincoln, if the Star Wars prequels are not bad then nothing is bad

• Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    I did like that by his last appearance in Clone Wars, Boba Fett has clearly gotten more skilled at the bounty hunting thing but he's also very naive. There's a combination of trying to be "tough" while still not fully internalizing the bad shit the job requires. I think there's a nice progression there.

Also I enjoyed how he keeps getting adopted by other bounty hunters, first Aurra Sing, then Bossk.

One of the unfinished clone wars episode was boba getting his armor and taking out cad bane.
    Also maybe getting his dent

• Options
  • Options
    I'm glad y'all enjoy it, but I think learning every goddamned little thing about a character ruins that character's mystique

And that's like half or more of the prequels and clone wars stuff and Solo

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    The prequels aren't great movies but they're fantastic artbooks.

• Options
    I don't think mystique is really essential for all characters though

Like, yes, explaining how Han Solo was named Solo was lame as hell

But showing Obi-Wan and Anakin's history together is good and helps both of their character arcs

The idea that a character needs to be mysterious with a vague past only applies to characters that are bettered by that, like Han Solo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Obi-Wan is overwhelmingly the best part of the prequels, Ewan McGregor does a shocking amount with what he was given

the reverence for his portrayal of that character and excitement over him returning is pretty warranted imo

• Options
    Obi‐Wan is my favorite Star Wars character and a large chunk of that is how goddamn charming Ewan McGregor is in the role

James Arnold Taylor does a real good job aping his performance in Clone Wars too

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Prequels had a ton of extremely good ideas, hampered by 2 tons of extremely terrible execution

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Another character that is improved by a mysterious and vague backstory is Darth Vader. The prequels didn't really help there.

• Options
    Obi-Wan was very good in the prequels. MacGregor was amazing

Anakin was godfuckingawful though, so bad in fact that it damn near ruined the adult Darth Vader character

Maybe I'm being harsh because the prequel movies are the only part of that time period fiction that I fully consumed and I loath them

And Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons

The Clone Wars cartoons did not appeal to me, I did not care for the episodes I watched, the CGI cartoon look of it was not pleasing to my eyes

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Another character that is improved by a mysterious and vague backstory is Darth Vader. The prequels didn't really help there.
    I disagree with the idea that the vague backstory improves Vader

A lot of material exploring his origins and past outside of the actual prequels has been among the best Star Wars stuff around

Both Keiron Gillen and Charles Soule's runs with Vader are both absolutely outstanding

And Anakin in Clone Wars actually does a decent job of showing his fall from grace

The only thing that makes exploring his past a bad thinf is if it is done poorly, which is what the prequels did

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.