As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Third Expansion Announced - End of Dragons! We're going to Cantha!

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Free GW2 content on Alienware Arena (you might have an account over there already if you grabbed the free xmas hat some time back)
    https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2097403/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/guild-wars-2-icebrood-saga-heros-bundle-key-giveaway

Icebrood Saga Ogre Minipet
    Item Booster
    Karma Booster
    XP Booster
    10-slot bag

• naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The new episode is super spoopy. I like it a lot :3 make sure to explore the zone closely, cause there's some pretty huge lore dumps hidden in some of the collections.

And if you explore even more closely maybe you'll see things you're not supposed to >:3
    pfcte6q57c5h.png

naengwen on
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    The new episode is super spoopy. I like it a lot :3 make sure to explore the zone closely, cause there's some pretty huge lore dumps hidden in some of the collections.

And if you explore even more closely maybe you'll see things you're not supposed to >:3
    pfcte6q57c5h.png
    Maybe she’ll join the Mist Wardens

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Got these from Quiznos. Maybe you guys can use them.

$10 off path of fire.

Loading...?

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Icebrood Saga Heros Bundle

Loading...?

• LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Gonna be awesome! Especially comvined with gear templates

• JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    Hmmmm, capes.

There needs to be a nostalgia cape mode where the cape polygons get twisted into a weird knot and no amount of movement can get it to fall flat again like GW1 ;)

edited January 2020
    Aaaand another update on project go big or go home 2 after finally clearing W7.
    For those who missed it, I'm crazy enough to repeat my 2017 chaos of making multiple legendaries at the same time. This time, 2 accessories, Coalescence and Vision.

Vision - Specific
    None!!

Coalesence - Specific
    27 Elegy Mosaics

Common/Misc
    Plenty of T3-6
    249 Amalgamated Gemstones
    Gift of Battle

Leandriell on
    Oh snap, congrats! Hoping the other legendary ring/legendary amulet aren't too crazy to make, and that one of them lands in the next update or two :3

edited January 2020
    <last boss in W7> Wasn't that hard, just not had a chance to actually try with a halfway decent krewe before. A static I backup for organised a run for me for Christmas <3

Just sorting amalgamated gemstones now...

Leandriell on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I just started playing this about a week ago. Turns out my coworker was HUGE into it back in the day and wanted in on the action.

Long story short we now have 4 people playing. I bought the expansion and did a level boost for a Revenant. Probably a bad idea... I settled on a support character for our fractals. But now I am trying to get the Hero points and it tells me I need to go to a certain location but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get there. I teleported to the closest place I had and tried walking there but there wasn't a way through.

Glad to hear about new folks - need a guild invite? Hopefully we can help find that HP for you!

Sure I'll take an invite. Account is: urahonky.9241 and my character name is Samson Knight

edited January 2020
    Invite Sent!

And in project go big or go home news, largely just waiting on TP buy orders... with making 4 lots of PoF style gifts, I actually ran out of T5... :confused: I didn't think this was possible

Update: Just a hajillion Incandescent Dust to go (promoting a bunch of crystals --> Orbs --> Amalgamated). Hurry up TP!

Leandriell on
    Yo... This game has the best community I've ever met. Literally everyone I talk to in the game is a joy. Everyone goes out of their way to help people out. It's so crazy!

Last night a guy was soloing Tier 4 fractals and invited me to join even though I had 0 AR. He didn't have to do that nor did he get anything out of it.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I just started playing this about a week ago. Turns out my coworker was HUGE into it back in the day and wanted in on the action.

Long story short we now have 4 people playing. I bought the expansion and did a level boost for a Revenant. Probably a bad idea... I settled on a support character for our fractals. But now I am trying to get the Hero points and it tells me I need to go to a certain location but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get there. I teleported to the closest place I had and tried walking there but there wasn't a way through.

For the most part the non-expansion zones hero points are pretty straight forward. Sometimes you can find hero point trains for Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire. Someone will lead a group of people through all the hero points for a given zone or even through multiple zones. It's really helpful for those convoluted HoT maps or points that require a group to handle. It helps to have the mounts unlocked(makes it easier to keep up) but the last time I was following one of those trains mounts weren't required and the person would hit several waypoints along the way.

edited January 2020
    Aaand.. project go big or go home 2 ready to go.. almost

The joy of the time gate on funerary incense - I need another 340 of them and only sitting on 3,200 trade contracts.

Edit: And a tonne of crystalline ore... so at least it's not heart gated.

Leandriell on
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I've been slowly grinding out the WvW legendary armor, might work on the back piece/glider afterward. Getting enough tickets for them takes a crazy amount of time.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I've logged in and don't plan to play anymore, but I wanted to log in to give my stuff away to the guild. Could anyone log in and tell me what the name of my account is by chance please? I assume it is ardor.xxxx. Camus, Berit or Ardor are probably the last characters I was on and this was probably 1-2 years ago.

Thank you!

edited January 2020
    One of the reasons I liked doing the Raid legendary armour is it was kind of a side effect from wanting to murderface all the bosses > 0 times. I hope the WvW version doesn't make you do boring things!!

Project go big or go home 2 update:
    Funerary Incense 41/350 ..this might take a while. Theoretically 55 days (if I drip feed crystalline ingots and burn my existing trade contracts at 100/each). Possibly less burning luck on the event vendor and using currency vouchers to get Elegy Mosaics.

Edit:
    Ardor, we cross posted. So sorry to hear you won't be coming back :(. I'll check your account number later

Leandriell on
    I figured it out and can log in. It was fun when I had time to play, but no longer really have the time anymore. How did you want me to transfer some things I have?

Keep in mind I haven't really played for 2-3 years.

It is entirely up to you - if there's even a tiny chance you'll come back, then don't! GW2 doesn't demand a huge time commitment, Goldy only logs in for a few hours each LS and still has fun!

Otherwise, top tab of the guild bank if space, mail me (kalzana.3192) if not. If you do that, please put some appropriate text in the message otherwise it might get flagged!

Thanks!

I sent over what I think might be the most expensive materials I have? Let me know what else I might have that is useful to send and I can do so another time.

Life no longer gives me the time needed to play and enjoy a game like this! Maybe when I retire someday I can try something like this again. I appreciate everyone who helped make the game enjoyable over the years for me!

So.. I finally murdered 100cm.. (after getting yet another infused armour set for my ranger).. and I forgot to take the food for Simon in :(

So.. had to go back in on normal mode (50) with a bunch of newbies and pay the training forward :) As I was so not waiting another day!

Crazy Cat Lady complete!

Sorry for the double post but wanted this seperate to my last...

So I finally processed Ardor's departing gift, and I owe the guild 120g from Ardor's generous donation. There's a cap on how much can be in the guild bank!

Any suggestions? There's some pretty expensive decorations I could get a hold of (I've all PVE content unlocked for getting stuff and a maxed out scribe), or I can just cover the next guild hall change

Leandriell wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post but wanted this seperate to my last...

So I finally processed Ardor's departing gift, and I owe the guild 120g from Ardor's generous donation. There's a cap on how much can be in the guild bank!

Any suggestions? There's some pretty expensive decorations I could get a hold of (I've all PVE content unlocked for getting stuff and a maxed out scribe), or I can just cover the next guild hall change

Hmm - I'd say Holographic Dragon Projector but that's double the price of the surplus. Maybe decorate the docks with some Zephyr Sailboats?

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    The new map... is actually fun. /sage nod

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Been away for a few months and getting the itch to roll up another character and do a world complete or play through the new map. I know it's anecdotal, but it the population still pretty solid for events in HoT and PoF? If you read the subreddit for GW2 it'd be easy to assume this game is shutting down tomorrow - so much wailing. I just can't find the time to reliably group and play in WoW and FF14, and GW2 has always been great about letting me drop in, blow some stuff up, collect shinies, and leave at my leisure.

I was kicking around PoF this weekend to complete some specialization collections. There was a legendary bounty train and a few meta groups. I think most folks are in the new area atm.

Been away for a few months and getting the itch to roll up another character and do a world complete or play through the new map. I know it's anecdotal, but it the population still pretty solid for events in HoT and PoF? If you read the subreddit for GW2 it'd be easy to assume this game is shutting down tomorrow - so much wailing. I just can't find the time to reliably group and play in WoW and FF14, and GW2 has always been great about letting me drop in, blow some stuff up, collect shinies, and leave at my leisure.

I believe people still do hero point trains in HoT on occasion. Your best bet is to probably be online around reset time / peak time for whatever your time zone is, and you'll find people. It isn't by any means WEEEEH DED GAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM like Reddit seems to think.

On that note by the way, I'll be pleased as punch if this game never releases another god damned raid. The sheer entitlement of the raid community is insane. They've been whining on Reddit that they're like, totally the core of the game, guys, even if Anet says that their community is miniscule!!! Look at all the Twitch views!!!! Anet should DROP ALL OTHER CONTENT and JUST DO RAIDS and I'm like

At this point I feel like raid content is the worst thing that happened to this game. We would have been better off if we'd never gotten it. Things GW2 does really well: big, huge, open world bosses (Drakkar is actually pretty fun! And actually pretty challenging!), world exploration (the new map is AWESOME in this regard. I love the light puzzles and all the little bits you can find), and large event chains that require lots of people working together to complete. Honestly Silverwastes is *still* the pinnacle of design in this regard, though they really need to refine that formula somehow. HoT was basically nothing BUT them trying to refine the Big Map Event formula but it didn't quite work out, because I think it was just too many of them all at once.

Like... you know what? Another NCSoft company DID make an MMO that was supposed to be all about the raids! That MMO was called WildStar. And how fast did WildStar basically drop into "Actually let's play dress up with our houses" because it *turns out*, the vast majority of MMO players don't raid? Even though supposedly WildStar's raids were actually very good? That the problem was the rest of their content was awful? HMMMMMMMMMMMMm.

Cool, I'm happy to hear folks are still having fun. I mainly just want to pop in and play some metas, harvest aimlessly, and play pretty prince[ss] dressup, which seems like a completely viable part of the live game. The new story is just gravy. Time to drop some of my stashed gems and re-up.

I've been busy for a while with other stuffs, and finally got a chance to explore the expanded map.

Loving the hybrid jump/light puzzles, and glad they sorted out the crafting mess.

On raids...
    I believe I said before they launched I was terrified about what they would do to the game. (Though that may have been in officer chat).

Reality wasn't as bad, I've met a lot of chill and friendly raiders. It certainly is a distinct community, with a proportion of loud, rude and elitist players, but there are also communities dedicated to helping folks join them, as well as more casual regular raiding teams. (My first regular krewe took me blind into a number of bosses and explained it as we fought, my most recent krewe disbanded, but on our last raid we did bosses folks needed for key achievements to make sure everyone left with something fulfilled.)

But there's something a lot of people forget. Fractal CMs are exactly the same,
    if not worse, and there's another one of those on the pipeline.

While you'll get chill normal fractal groups, all CM groups require a certain level of experience. Mistlocked, a dedicated guild, seems to be the only place supporting getting new folks into CMs, and they can only take 10-15 people a week, Vs the hundreds the raid raining communities can. Normal mode in no way prepares you for CM on these fractals, and a group going fresh I to CMs will have a very rough time (I remember well!)

I guess it all comes down to people and what they want our of the game. Raiding and CM fractals are a very distinct experience from everything else PvE, just like PvP is so very different. Live and let live, and maybe go say Hi to the other side.

This is also the first time in a while I've felt motivated to try to do the achievements, because Kodan really DO come back to Still Waters Waking as you do more of them, and I'm like, gotta catch 'em all.

This is also the first time in a while I've felt motivated to try to do the achievements, because Kodan really DO come back to Still Waters Waking as you do more of them, and I'm like, gotta catch 'em all.

Yeah, not having all of them would be unbearable.

E.Coyote wrote: »

Yeah, not having all of them would be unbearable.
    Guild Missions
    Sunday 19:00 Server, 20:00 UK, Noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern
    Guild Wars 2 has activities designed for large groups called Guild Missions. PvE Missions include Bounty, Trek, Puzzle, Challenge, and Race. There are also WvW Missions such as capturing objective and PvP Missions such as winning matches or points. Rewards for participation include commendations, rares, gold and chances at a precursor or other exotic items.

At Sunday Missions, we’ll attempt at each PvE mission possible with the with the number of people who attend that week. If there’s an easy WvW mission, we’ll follow with that for those on Fort Aspenwood. We’ll explain what’s going on as we go along, so please hop on Teamspeak! You can also earn the dubious honour of the pungeon master rank and to choose a piece of music to challenge Lea to play in game the next week.

edited February 2020
    @ All
    I'm going to stick some portal gates in the guild hall as a start of paying the guild back :) Look for the mirror next to the WP and it'll pop you out at the gathering station!

@ Decorators
    Please be responsible decorators! Shadow and I have had to move a lot of new decorations which are blocking paths, including one blocking the waypoint.

Leandriell on
    Little warning to folks who fail the newly updated Drakkar event:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/f2fq2x/failing_drakkar_activates_openworld_pvp/

edited February 2020
    Ugh, the Drakkar event sucks. Go away, raid.

[only slight /s]

Edit: I may revoke my /s. Having done it a few more times now, it feels a little like Tarir 2.0, except it's not fun, and everyone is in PANIC mode all the time. Definitely not going in the meta rotation.

Straygatsby on