As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    And a scoop from NRDB, a new 4/2 neutral agenda: Cyberdex Sandbox.

GET BUGGERED ANARCHS

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    And a familiar name around here has a scoops article...

persona4celestia.jpg

fffffffffffffff why does it have to be Anarch... must protect.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yay anarchs!

Edit: I haven't played in forever, but I still love the idea of this game, the mechanics, the story. I wish there was an option to play it in an online, turn based (I realize it's turn based, but something where I can take my turn and then come back to it 15 minutes later to see my opponents moves).

Either way, it's so cool that Nisei is doing all this.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Yay anarchs!

Edit: I haven't played in forever, but I still love the idea of this game, the mechanics, the story. I wish there was an option to play it in an online, turn based (I realize it's turn based, but something where I can take my turn and then come back to it 15 minutes later to see my opponents moves).

Is Jinteki.net not what you're after for an online experience?

Dis' wrote: »
    Yay anarchs!

I've dabbled with it, and I'm really happy it exists, but with I guess I keep looking for something where you don't actively have to be at the game for the entire length of the game, if that makes sense? So I can make a play, then go back to feeding my daughter, come back if they have a response? I guess the game is probably too interactive for that to really be workable... Farangu ran a couple forum games a while back and that was really fun, and I was trying to find a way to make a sheet that mostly automated that, but I'm not that great at excel.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    Yay anarchs!

I've dabbled with it, and I'm really happy it exists, but with I guess I keep looking for something where you don't actively have to be at the game for the entire length of the game, if that makes sense? So I can make a play, then go back to feeding my daughter, come back if they have a response? I guess the game is probably too interactive for that to really be workable... Farangu ran a couple forum games a while back and that was really fun, and I was trying to find a way to make a sheet that mostly automated that, but I'm not that great at excel.

The run would be a really tedious mechanic to do asynchronously.
    "Okay I run on R&D, approaching first ICE, do you rez?"
    *Five hours later.*
    "No rez. Do you continue?"
    *Next day.*
    "Yes, I continue to second ICE. Do you rez?"
    "Yes. It's Pop-Up Window. Do you want to pay?"
    *Three days later*
    "Sorry, got busy. Yes, I'll pay. I'll continue and access."
    *Next day*
    "Alright, here it is, steal or trash?"
    *Next week*
    "Uh...neither. Okay second click I run HQ"

Idk, it was a little slow playing it by post, but not awful. Although I guess Farangu let us place conditional orders like "rez ice if they run on HQ" so they don't have to wait quite as long.

Oh yeah, scoops round-up.

Our Lord of Memes has a look at our new magical girl's console and the last member of the virtual companion adventuring party:
    https://youtu.be/XRya3tWkxIU

Kitchen Table Netrunner has a look at some new Jinteki and Weyland ICE:
    https://kitchentablenetrunner.podbean.com/e/episode-15-uprising-spoilers/

And Dead Channel has a look at a bunch of new HB cards:
    http://neoreadinggrid.co.uk/deadchannel/30

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Ugh, I fell behind on keeping up with scoops in here. Stupid drudge work.

Anyway, here's the full Corp list for Uprising. Tomorrow the Runner one will be coming.

And it's been said there's five reprints in Uprising. Being saved will be Daily Casts, SMC, Cerebral Overwriter, Colossus, and False Lead.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    A very slight MWL update for the holidays.

Liza in BANNED CRIMINAL JAIL. Let's face it, she sort of deserves it. Tag-Me is *dumb.*

persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh yeah, a couple of news bits.
    Worlds info:

Toronto, Ontario. October 9-11.

Updated Rules Reference:

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Heads up, the EU Championship that was going to be in Berlin was cancelled due to... the current situation.

https://nisei.net/article/2020-championships-new-plan

....But instead they’re going to be hosting it online via jinteki.net. They’re still hammering out the new date, but it should be coming soon.

persona4celestia.jpg
    It's been a while since any news, but I think a updated MWL is worth mentioning.

...in that the MWL is being changed into a Ban List instead. Buckle your pants, kids, it gets wild. There's a separate article talking about the changes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2020

Oh hey, there's the official announcement of System Gateway and System Update (renamed from Core) 2021. Targeting a release date of Early December. It's taking a bit longer due to the... well, everything that's going on in the world right now, plus they're putting a lot of play-testing into them due to SG being a intro product and it being the basis of the format for years. There's more info on the products in the articles.

Also confirming that with the release of System Gateway there will be a rotation taking out SanSan and Honor & Profit.

Core Experience is also getting a bit of a rework with this release. The format will be System Gateway + SU2021 + the latest NISEI narrative cycle (so at release Ashes).

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Huh. So System Gateway is essentially a duel deck and a pack of cards which can be purchased separately, never rotate, and are significantly smaller than the FFG core box? And they’re supplemented with System Update 2021, which is the equivalent of a Magic the Gathering Core Set that rotates every year?

That’s kind of a neat way to have a decently large pool of cards that “everyone” has while still having an entry level product and keeping rotations easy to understand.

Actually, thinking about it, it’ll be interesting to see if any cards from Honor & Profit get reprinted/saved. The only two I’ll be sad about going are Mushin and Security Testing.

House of Knives can fuck right off into THE SEA.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I really wish there was a way to play like jinteki.net, but not live. Like chess over e-mail or w/e.

edited September 2020
    *kicks in the door*

SCOOOOOOOOPS

There's the new art in there for the System Update ID's, and who's going to be returning.

Shaper: Kit and AYLA!
    Criminal: Ken Tenma and STEVE
    Anarch: Quetzel and holy shit Reina is still alive somehow

Also a slight Ban List update for Worlds.
    Corp:
    SSL Endorsement is banned
    Gold Farmer is banned

Runner:
    PAD Tap is banned

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited December 2020
    Huh, my brain completely forgot to post the Update and Gateway news from like a month ago. It got pushed back to Q1 2021 due to... well, the Current Pandemic Situation. It's actually done design-wise and playtesting, they're just waiting on the last of the new art. Supposedly we'll be seeing some spoilers from it soon.

To help pass the time and to shake the meta up a bit, they announced today Salvaged Memories, a set of 18 rotated cards that'll be coming back until Gateway & Update hits. They'll rotate back out again once they do... although there *were* some hints that one of them would be in Update. There's some real spice in there.

Anarch: Medium, Parasite
    Criminal: e3 Feedback Implants, Cache
    Shaper: Indexing, Cerberus "Lady" H1
    Runner Neutral: Lucky Find, Prepaid Voice Pad

Haas-Bioroid: NEXT Bronze, NEXT Silver
    Jinteki: Hostile Infrastructure, Turtlebacks
    NBN: Sweeps Week, SanSan City Grid
    Weyland Consortium: Scorched Earth, Executive Boot Camp
    Corp Neutral: Subliminal Messaging, Excalibur

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    We creep even closer to the start of scoop season.

Ice Wall and Punitive Counterstrike confirmed to be in System Update.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2021
    A little bit of a Anarch update...

We know that Retrieval Run and Corroder will be in System Update.

And that proper SCOOPS season looks to have a target of the start of March.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    A familiar name around these parts has been doing a daily Twitter thread talking about the Update runners. So far they have done both of the Shapers.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I assume after the rotation would be the best time to try and jump back into this. I've always wanted to play more (most of my experience is from watching tournaments on yt and Farangu running games PbP style), but end up daunted by everything available in the game.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    System Gateway, the newest Nisei product (coming out within the month it seems) is going to be a great place to jump into Netrunner! Even us older players are going to be getting used to the cards again, but it's specifically designed to be a welcoming intro product for people to join in.

System Gateway, the newest Nisei product (coming out within the month it seems) is going to be a great place to jump into Netrunner! Even us older players are going to be getting used to the cards again, but it's specifically designed to be a welcoming intro product for people to join in.

I'm super excited. Netrunner has always been super intriguing to me, and I love the little of it I've played, but I live just far enough south of the local significant population center that its always been a pain to find a store to play basically anything. I remember trying to dip my toes into Jinteki.net, and some other program that I can't for the life of me figure out what it was called rn.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I'm super excited. Netrunner has always been super intriguing to me, and I love the little of it I've played, but I live just far enough south of the local significant population center that its always been a pain to find a store to play basically anything. I remember trying to dip my toes into Jinteki.net, and some other program that I can't for the life of me figure out what it was called rn.

Jinteki and OCTGN.

I won't lie, I've never really liked playing Netrunner online. I enjoy the in-person reading of other people so much. That's probably why I fell off of it when all (literally) our local players moved out of town.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »

Jinteki and OCTGN.

I won't lie, I've never really liked playing Netrunner online. I enjoy the in-person reading of other people so much. That's probably why I fell off of it when all (literally) our local players moved out of town.

I mean, I would love to play with real people as well. Unfortunately, its a 30 min drive at a minimum to get to a place where it might be played, then a 45 minute drive home, so my daughter wouldn't see me at all that day, and wouldn't see much of my wife either, so I'd maybe be able to swing it once a month maybe, and all in all its just a lot. Plus, even knowing that I would be approaching a situation where a lot of the other people are also socially awkward, I've just always had this huge social anxiety about trying to introduce myself to new groups like that.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh, no doubt! I have played online before, just.. the thought of hopping on and playing with randos isn't for me. Of course, I could never hold my own at high level tourneys either.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh, no doubt! I have played online before, just.. the thought of hopping on and playing with randos isn't for me. Of course, I could never hold my own at high level tourneys either.

Thats part of why I had so much fun when Farangu was running some netrunner games through the forum. Cause then I got to play people on here, and we could trash talk and stuff in the organizing thread.

Are we expecting System Update 2021 to hit in the next week or so, or is it looking more like, in a month?

Within the month, I think. They're starting to release small spoilers each day this week, probably next week for bigger spoilers, then early march for the release date.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Are we expecting System Update 2021 to hit in the next week or so, or is it looking more like, in a month?

There's something coming in 4 days according to their twitter teases. As to what, who knows.

akirasig.jpg
    Within the month, I think. They're starting to release small spoilers each day this week, probably next week for bigger spoilers, then early march for the release date.

Sure, just wondering if I should be looking at putting together a couple easy to play standard decks to wet my toes now, and then try and dive in with rotation, or just wait it put.

edited February 2021
    Not a lot of harm in the former, honestly. Strike while the iron is hot!

If you're on Discord, there's a server there that's pretty welcoming to newer players called Green Level Clearance, or GLC. They could also give you some simple decks to start playing!

They doesn't post a lot on here anymore, but I'm sure @Anzekay will keep us all updated when things release!

tzeentchling on