As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Impeachment] Intel Cmte Report Released (OP-2) | Judiciary Hearings Begin (2019/12/04)

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think Trump is right about the next Republican House impeaching a Democratic President for no reason. That's how Republicans do things.

This may happen, it may not they wanted to impeach Obama need we forget. It should in no way hinder the democrats in their mission here because the idea of the dems holding back so the GOP doesn't do something asinine later has been proven wrong time and time again.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think Trump is right about the next Republican House impeaching a Democratic President for no reason. That's how Republicans do things.

This may happen, it may not they wanted to impeach Obama need we forget. It should in no way hinder the democrats in their mission here because the idea of the dems holding back so the GOP doesn't do something asinine later has been proven wrong time and time again.

Yes, they will do that asinine thing anyway whatever we do.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Who is this Solomon character? I’ve never heard of him, I don’t follow the DC media.

But if he’s tied this closely to Nunes and Giuliani, what’s his connection to Putin and Ukraine, assuming we have yet to learn of it?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

They'll try to impeach if there's any sign of anything that might look like impropriety. Obama kept his nose clean so they had nothing to go on, which is why they targeted Hillary for as long as they did.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Who is this Solomon character? I’ve never heard of him, I don’t follow the DC media.

But if he’s tied this closely to Nunes and Giuliani, what’s his connection to Putin and Ukraine, assuming we have yet to learn of it?

He’s a journalist who was given an op ed spot at TheHill.com with essentially no editorial review. So he wrote lots of pro trump conspiracy ramblings. Eventually they fired him

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Solomon was their “print Hannity,” the guy who would get their propaganda published with The Hill

He also was a guest or had his stories featured on Hannity

His stories, which were given to him by the GOP, are also what was cited, by the GOP, as evidence of Biden corruption

Oh ALSO

This was all known by Solomon’s peers and bosses, as said peers reported it through the chain, but our media is the worst and Solomon was retained way too long anyway because politics is a horse race where both sides...uh...just both sides

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Alright. 300 pages sounds long, but it really isn't that long.

The most D&D sentence

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Alright. 300 pages sounds long, but it really isn't that long.

The most D&D sentence

it's like a third of a bad fantasy novel

i read it on my lunch break

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular

They still want to impeach Obama.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Honestly that Nunes is directly implicated/involved in the thing he was on intelligence to "investigate" should be like a major "what the fuck?" Like we all knew this was true, but this is directly "we have call logs showing he's connected" and that shouldn't just be be "its ok he's GOP."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    At very least the house needs to censure him

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

They still want to impeach Obama.

I feel like we can compromise; change the law so he can run for a third term and get elected president again in 2020, and then Republicans can impeach him.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular

That'd be nice, but the immediate response would be "But Schiff talked to the whistleblower, he's involved too, both sides are bad, Trump did nothing wrong, vote Republican."

The optics on holding him accountable are simply awful.

MechMantis wrote: »

That'd be nice, but the immediate response would be "But Schiff talked to the whistleblower, he's involved too, both sides are bad, Trump did nothing wrong, vote Republican."

I don't think they can both sides this, and the people who would advocate for that are not reasonable people. Nunes should be punished for his clear conflict of interest he did not disclose.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Nah

Schiff’s office redirected the WB to the appropriate path

Nunes is taking money and holding meetings/phone calls with targets of this investigation

Let’s not forget that in the last congressional term, Nunes got caught blabbing about sharing SCIF intel on the Russia investigation with Team Trump

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Oh I'm not saying that's actually what happened or that there is an equivalence between these things. Just that that is the line that has been pushed by the Republicans already.

To be consise: It's an obvious line of attack, regardless of how 'true' it is, and will be guaranteed to get more air time.

edited December 2019
    Yeah they’re going to say it whether Nunes faces appropriate consequences for his actions or not

He’s compromised af and it’s actually dangerous for him to retain the level of access he has

Captain Inertia on
    Yeah they’re going to say it whether Nunes faces appropriate consequences for his actions or not

He’s compromised af and it’s actually dangerous for him to retain the level of access he has

And even if they counter about Schiff, that stories would be about Nunes being compromised and involved would be the more damaging story. Like Trump's rambling bullshit about Schiff hurts any narrative "BUT BUT DEMOCRATS"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

stop

worrying

about

the

optics

it

doesn't

matter

do

what's

right

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Lev Parnas’s lawyer:

Devin Nunes, you should have recused yourself at the outset of the #HIC #ImpeachingHearings. #LetLevSpeak

I think Nunes might be fucked. Sounds like Parnas is gonna roll on him.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Oh I'm not saying that's actually what happened or that there is an equivalence between these things. Just that that is the line that has been pushed by the Republicans already.

To be consise: It's an obvious line of attack, regardless of how 'true' it is, and will be guaranteed to get more air time.

If you're explaining why Nunes got punished you're also forced to say Nunes got punished. In the minds of some, being punished is enough to assure guilt, so why not do it? They might even accidentally say what the censure was for and oh wow that sounds serious?

Chipping away support when the price is nothing seems like an easy move. I doubt the RNC can really bring Nunes' woes into state level races without hurting their candidates. Voters dont like national political issues in congressional races, for some reason.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

I don't think they can both sides this, and the people who would advocate for that are not reasonable people. Nunes should be punished for his clear conflict of interest he did not disclose.

They both-sides'd Trump coordinating with a hostile foreign power to rig an election. They both-sides'd Trump extorting a foreign power to smear his political opponent.

They will both-sides literally anything.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The optics of worrying about the optics are absolutely terrible

fuck gendered marketing
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Lol. But, indeed, they are not.

That said, I would be surprised if Nunes actually broke a rule. Which is to say: I doubt anyone ever thought to make a rule about members personally conducting secret investigations parallel to the committee's work.

It wasn't secret business to the committee's work, it was literally he was involved in the thing they were investigating.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Schiff ended his press conference answering a question about Nunes being in these call logs by saying "Some members of Congress may be complicit in his behavior."

So it might not be just Nunes.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Schiff ended his press conference answering a question about Nunes being in these call logs by saying "Some members of Congress may be complicit in his behavior."

Probably, but that sound more like shade without being direct, to me.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.

Kamala Harris withdrew from the presidential primary, but she's apparently very prepared for impeachment.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular

Probably, but that sound more like shade without being direct, to me.

Yeah, I feel like the optics are better if he's vague and not singling out a single person. After all, it's certainly possible (even likely!) there are multiple bad actors in Congress.

If I'm addressing some misdeeds in a group setting, I'm going to say (for example) "some people haven't been following the rules" as opposed to "one of you hasn't been following the rules".

House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said that "it doesn't matter" that Nunes had phone calls with Giuliani and Parnas.

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

They both-sides'd Trump coordinating with a hostile foreign power to rig an election. They both-sides'd Trump extorting a foreign power to smear his political opponent.

They will both-sides literally anything.

They both-sides concentration camps on the border. They could even line it up behind expelling the GOP Rep who pled guilty to embezzling campaign funds to make it a general corruption vote-a-rama.

It definitely needs to be something that gets highlighted beyond just this report.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said that "it doesn't matter" that Nunes had phone calls with Giuliani and Parnas.

“We did it and it was awesome”

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

Of course he did.

Fuck that guy.

Super ready to have Nunes lose his position/access/whatever hurts him.

He deserves all of it and more.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Honestly that Nunes is directly implicated/involved in the thing he was on intelligence to "investigate" should be like a major "what the fuck?" Like we all knew this was true, but this is directly "we have call logs showing he's connected" and that shouldn't just be be "its ok he's GOP."

It's like if one of the Watergate burglars was also a Congressman and the ranking member on the Watergate committee.

This is beautiful. Look at this fucking mess.

He is saying this to Sean Hannity so he's basically saying this directly to Trump, on tv. Nunes is being bad on tv.

Natasha Bertrand of Politico & MSNBC: Devin Nunes said just now on Hannity: “It’s possible” I talked to Lev Parnas. “l haven’t gone through all my phone records...I don’t really recall that name, I remember that name now because he’s been indicted. But it seems very unlikely I’d be taking calls from random people”

So what you're saying is, since its been proven to took calls from him and called him that he's totally not a random person.
    Since he also arranged a meeting for you that you flew overseas to take.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If someone says 'it's possible'

It definitely happened and is guaranteed to be way worse

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

To be clear, this is a United States Congressman doing the thing my kids do when I know they’ve done something bad and they know they’ll get in more trouble if they try and say they didn’t do it.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

“It’s possible I murdered that guy. I dunno. I’m very busy, I can’t keep track of everything I do. But yeah, I can’t say I didn’t murder him.”

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    The only way this situation could make me any happier is if Jordan's name somehow came up.

He's the other major douchebag that I want to face literally any consequences for his awful behavior.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.