As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
edited December 2019 in Critical Failures
vmm9xvyi8pl3.jpg

Thebes, City of the Living. Crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck Su Namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.

Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive; as for Imhotep, he was condemned to endure the Hom Dai, the worst of all ancient curses. One so horrible had never been done before. He was to remain sealed inside his sarcophagus, the undead for all eternity. The Medjai would never allow him to be released. For he would arise a walking disease, a plague upon mankind, an unholy flesh-eater with the strength of the ages, power over the sands, and the glory of invincibility. .

Welcome traveler to the greatest adventure you have yet to begin. You have been enlisted to be a fellow Medjai to protect the world from the undead. In this adventure you may travel to many places and may find great treasures.

It's just a book. No harm ever came from reading a book.

But beware great traveler that not every treasure is that of great joy. If you do not wish to continue then leave now. Some people did not heed my warnings from before and because of them they have unleashed fear throughout the lands.
This creature is the bringer of death. It will never eat, it will never sleep, and it will never stop.
Find the key and the book of the living and help us traveler. Help us save the world.

dwpvmtop2lzp.jpg

What is this?
It’s a Mummy Phalla. This is based on the The Mummy 1 and 2 released in the late 90s and early 2000s. No knowledge of the movies is needed to play. There are possible resurrections in this phalla, so please be aware to keep up with the thread in case you come back.

What's a Phalla?
I'll let these fine folks answer that question!

Sample PM
You are part of a group that strives to protect the world from the return of Imhotep and his army of darkness.
Search the area: You may use this ability to search an area. You may uncover treasure or may be cursed. Take the risk and find the Book
Steal: You may choose a target to steal and item from. Beware though, attempting to steal an item may come at a greater cost
Trade: you can trade items, but you cannot use the item till the following day/night.

Each night you vote in red for someone to kill.
You win when all undead threats have been eliminated.

Rules Clarifications
MamaWolf wrote: »
Okay it doesn't actually say anywhere and you know ya boi loves to try to game the system, these actions:

Search the area: You may use this ability to search an area. You may uncover treasure or may be cursed. Take the risk and find the Book
Steal: You may choose a target to steal and item from. Beware though, attempting to steal an item may come at a greater cost
Trade: you can trade items, but you cannot use the item till the following day/night.

How many of these actions can you take a night? Because I will steal from everyone in the game if you let me.

You may only do of the three actions.
Okay it doesn't actually say anywhere and you know ya boi loves to try to game the system, these actions:

How many of these actions can you take a night? Because I will steal from everyone in the game if you let me.

You may only do of the three actions.

What?

Sorry, You may only do one of the three actions.
Bluecyan wrote: »
Initial thoughts:
-Seems a lot like 38th's Dragon Quest phalla, probably shouldn't be too vocal about where we are searching (though maybe fine to say where we have?)
-Working in small teams seemed to work well last game, but there isn't the same text to suggest going places alone is more dangerous
-Text mentions important items, unless there is a good reason otherwise search seems the most logical action until those start popping out

How does Trade work? Do both parties swap items? Do both people need to trade or only one? Can you trade with an unwilling target?

To trade both parties must be willing to trade and both parties must send in the action and what item in order to trade with each other.
Can people have multiple items?
Clarification Denied
Can item actions be used in addition to the three standard actions (assuming they are not involved with the trade)?
Yes
What is the OOO relative to steal/trade/item?
Clarification Denied
38thDoe wrote: »
Rules on ties?

Clarification Denied
Auralynx wrote: »
Could we get the searchable location list in the OP? Especially if they change by day, which I imagine they might, referencing them easily will help.

I will get on that after I get off work today
OP has been updated for places to be searched! Also, you have 6 hours and 12min before vote close! Votes/actions put in at 11pm will not be counted/done!

Edit: Or after 11pm for all you silly geese out there!
H3Knuckles wrote: »
So, what happens to an item if the player holding it gets killed?

Clarification Denied

The following areas may be searched

Standard Phalla Rules
Don't share your role PMs! Paraphrasing is okay, direct copy/pasting is not. If you die, you get a final ghost post (don't share sensitive game knowledge though!) and that's it. No anonymous contact! If you reach out to someone, they have to know it's you.

Number of Players
The number of players caps at 30, but reserves are always welcome!

Activity Requirements
All players must make at least two posts (including a village vote) in the thread per day, in addition to sending in any special actions. Failure to meet activity requirements once will result in a public warning, twice will mark that player as inactive and they'll be replaced with a reserve player if possible.

Messaging/Seperate Boards
Please include MamaWolf in any PM conversations you start with regards to the game, and link me to any separate boards that may be created.

Signing up is as easy as posting !sign up or !reserve below. The public elimination vote closes each day at 11 PM EST / 10 PM CT / 8 PM PT.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
MamaWolf on