As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Well. Yesterday my luck was even better. Got the Cloudy Body ephemera from Stalker. Turns out now I need 20 orokin cells to make it. :( But I need to make so many primes too! I hate cells.

Saturn. Hydron. Smeeta.

Your Orokin cell issues will be forever solved.

Hydron is on Sedna isn't it? It doesn't drop cells. Also you're leaving out the "grind for 1000 hours" part.

Guessing he meant Helene.

Helene fissures are great. Cells, relics, and lots of affinity all at once.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well. Yesterday my luck was even better. Got the Cloudy Body ephemera from Stalker. Turns out now I need 20 orokin cells to make it. :( But I need to make so many primes too! I hate cells.

Just a reminder that there is a blueprint for Orokin Cells you can get from the market for credits. While it isnt fast it helps.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    darkmayo wrote: »

Just a reminder that there is a blueprint for Orokin Cells you can get from the market for credits. While it isnt fast it helps.

Yeah, but that BP is a resource sink... IRC it requires a ton of nano spores and alloy

edit: 50k of both of those, and 25k salvage by the wiki

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I did this, despite the fact that I sold my basic Rhino years ago an never sought another, for two reasons. One: because I must have all the Primes. And two, because it is the only way I can show off my most valued possession to the plebs:

*has Arcane Vanguard helmet AND Rubedo plated skin on his Rhino*

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

Yeah, but that BP is a resource sink... IRC it requires a ton of nano spores and alloy

edit: 50k of both of those, and 25k salvage by the wiki

Oh, I dont even bat an eyelash at those numbers, though I guess those are pretty high.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

I think that blueprint is a huge scam. It's 100 platinum for the privilege of burning your entire stock of alloy plates and nano spores and salvage to make a few dozen cells. 50k plates/spores and 25k salvage doesn't sound like much, right up until you realize that you've run out of them and suddenly you have to farm for the common resources for the first time since you were a newbie. Maybe if you have several millions of the common resources sitting around doing nothing you can afford to run that BP for a while but I'm personally only sitting on like, 500k plates and 1m spores.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I had no idea that recipe existed, but it costs plat? That seems excessive and I feel like it'd be more cost effective to spend the play on a resource booster(s) once in a while and just blast a dark sector or Helene or something.

also what's this fractures thing going on

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    also what's this fractures thing going on

The fracture thing is a quest in the Orb Vallis to collect a resource you need to kick off the Exploiter Orb fight which is a great source of Vallis ore/fish parts, a high rep toroid and Hildryn BPs.

steam_sig.png
    hmm do you need to have the big spider boss fights unlocked before you can do that, I don't have max fortuna rep yet

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    hmm do you need to have the big spider boss fights unlocked before you can do that, I don't have max fortuna rep yet

Nope. To do it you just go out in Orb Vallis. Head up north East and find the big spider. It has several smaller things following. Killing those drops a thing that looks like extractor energy cells. Now fly around and find a bright yellow tear in the ground. Place canister in. Protect till it’s done. Rinse and repeat 100 times.

I’m only at 35. It helps to find 3 other people doing it

50433.png?1708759015
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Nope. To do it you just go out in Orb Vallis. Head up north East and find the big spider. It has several smaller things following. Killing those drops a thing that looks like extractor energy cells. Now fly around and find a bright yellow tear in the ground. Place canister in. Protect till it’s done. Rinse and repeat 100 times.

I’m only at 35. It helps to find 3 other people doing it

Not quite 100 times, you get bonus points for using the same canister multiple times.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    You don't have to have Profit Taker open, no. And doing fissures is part of the work to unlock Exploiter Orb.

Which, by the way, is reasonably entertaining, very doable solo, and drops 12K rep materials for Vox Solaris (24K if you luck into a resource booster), making unlocking Vox stuff way simpler for a solo player. Exploiter Orb is the reason my operator actually has Arcanes!

Steam ID: Right here.
    edited December 2019
    man I'm mining for the orb vallis mining bits for the railjack and DE makes really cool caves, feels like a friggin metroid game environment at times

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    You don't have to have Profit Taker open, no. And doing fissures is part of the work to unlock Exploiter Orb.

Which, by the way, is reasonably entertaining, very doable solo, and drops 12K rep materials for Vox Solaris (24K if you luck into a resource booster), making unlocking Vox stuff way simpler for a solo player. Exploiter Orb is the reason my operator actually has Arcanes!

I dunno, I think the exploiter is better for rep. Maybe I need a better strat, but I can solo it in like under 4 minutes, for half the rep, whereas profit taker took me like 20 the last time I soloed it.

It's totally faster if you have other people to do it with, though

steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Don't think so. Once you (or someone you are with) has some diluted Thermia (which stays in your inventory after the event, no need to do it right after sealing fractures or worry about wasting it due to waiting too long) you go to a cave due East of Fortuna (almost to the edge. You'll know you've found it when you see a ruined building juuust outside of where you can go, cave's in the mountains opposite of that) and in the last room you'll find a machine on the second level opposite of the entrance to insert the Thermia to start the fight.

It's actually a pretty good fight, though it can take a while if noone knows what they are doing. Phase 1 has you fighting in the cave, where after destroying the ledges her front legs are standing on you try to destroy her cooling vents. After blowing up the first one, she ices the rest over and you have to melt the ice off by picking up thermia canisters that start spawning, tossing it at her with alt-fire and then shooting it when it's near the vents (Note: you do not "have" to shoot it to work, having it hit her directly near the vent is enough, but a successful mid-air explosion that's next to the vent is more effective, IIRC taking 1-2 canisters instead of 2-3.) After blowing all the vents, she leaves the cave, and you go back to the surface (which FYI will have to be reloaded, because apparently the deepest part of the cave is treated as it's own map) to fight Phase 2.

Phase 2 she gets a temperature gauge which you have to fill up so she overheats and you jump on her to tear a part of her in a Ropalyst-style cinematic (though unlike that fight, Exploiter Orb is pretty much bug-free) to shoot at the exposed region, (which apparently includes the flames shooting out too...?) doing this three times. You do this by once again tossing and shooting Condesned Thermia at her (though this time you don't need to aim it at anything specific. And like before, actually air-bursting it is not required, but it is more effective) which speeds up the rate she builds heat until nothing she's doing to get rid of heat can counteract it. The real trick is getting the Thermia; every so often she will call Coolant Raknoids to come cool her off, and also try to shunt heat into the ground to create thermia fractures. If you can kill the Raknoids before they can use their coolant, they will drip a canister of it that you can pick up and use on a fracture for instant condensed Thermia. There is an anti-frustration feature going on where her rate of heating up is actually increasing very slowly on its own an eventually she will overheat with you doing nothing, but that takes for-ev-er, so being able to kill the Raknoids before they cool her and launch constant thermia at her is going to save you a good 10-20 minutes of time.

Tanky frames are ideal, though there is too much AoE for Mesa to be all that viable. You do *not* need to bring a Chroma or other damage buffer, all her bits go down with a fairly reasonable amount of damage (build for Rad) though you will still probably want a good sniper or shotgun that can one-shot the Raknoids in phase 2, and a full auto or shotgun secondary if you want any chance of blowing the canisters in mid-air to speed things up. Other than some tiny spiders in phase one and the Coolant Raknoids, there are almost no adds to worry about, though that does also mean few sources for ammo/health/energy drops, so keep that in mind as well.

Most frustrating part will be trying to hit the vents with thermia in phase one, as her central body does a lot of sudden vertical movement during that phase, that can mean you completely miss her, with not quite enough room to toss from far enough to go for an reliable air burst to save a near miss. Make sure you keep track of her pattern so you know when she is going to be still long enough to land a canister.

Finally, she will explode within about 15 seconds after she drops her loot which will kill (not down) anyone in 300m of her, so pick you rewards up fast and arkwing the fuck out of there.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2019
    One last tip: the overheat/cinematic moment gibs any Raknoids that happened to be alive at the time. You can usually find one or two canisters of coolant near where they were spawning afterwards to start heating her up again.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Best frame for Exploiter is Titania I think, good mobility and raw damage

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

I dunno, I think the exploiter is better for rep. Maybe I need a better strat, but I can solo it in like under 4 minutes, for half the rep, whereas profit taker took me like 20 the last time I soloed it.

It's totally faster if you have other people to do it with, though

I'm pretty sure you need to be SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful to solo Profit Taker.

And by significantly I mean "my friend and I can't even come slightly within looking distance of duoing it". It's go public party or bust.

Exploiter I did alone when I didn't know what to do. I just grabbed my Oberon and calmly took it apart. Sure, it takes 20-25 minutes, but it's kind of a relaxing fight, compared to the utter mess of cacophonic chaos that is Profit-Taker, so it's a good option to just do when you don't have anything else in particular to do.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    While I police my own frames and weapon usage to avoid squelching other players, I am opposed to yet another Saryn nerf/adjustment when there is plenty of other broken stuff in the game, including their own inconsistent application of self-damage on weapons and their token effort to address it with cautious shot. So many other things that funblock other players they can look at before tapping that well again, imo.

Saryn's issue is less that she's 'broken' and kills stuff fast - like you say, there's lots of stuff in the game that's absurdly strong - but more that the effective range on that killing power is ridiculous, ignores LOS, scales extremely well, and requires little interaction from the player. You don't even need to know a target exists before your power kills it in seconds.

Pablo has walked it back since then and said that there are no current plans to nerf her, but Saryn absolutely fits the profile for nerfs that DE have done in the past. It's just a question of when.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited December 2019
    Dac wrote: »
    While I police my own frames and weapon usage to avoid squelching other players, I am opposed to yet another Saryn nerf/adjustment when there is plenty of other broken stuff in the game, including their own inconsistent application of self-damage on weapons and their token effort to address it with cautious shot. So many other things that funblock other players they can look at before tapping that well again, imo.

Saryn's issue is less that she's 'broken' and kills stuff fast - like you say, there's lots of stuff in the game that's absurdly strong - but more that the effective range on that killing power is ridiculous, ignores LOS, scales extremely well, and requires little interaction from the player. You don't even need to know a target exists before your power kills it in seconds.

Pablo has walked it back since then and said that there are no current plans to nerf her, but Saryn absolutely fits the profile for nerfs that DE have done in the past. It's just a question of when.

As Saryn has been “reworked/adjusted” despite other stuff for years, I agree that she will get tweaked before said other stuff.

As crippling other frames’ 4 is the goto for ESO, miasma and spores will swap places >_>

tastydonuts on
    is saryn even that busted outside of the very narrow field of ESO farming? Nothing else comes close to that mob density with a spawn rate high enough to keep spores' damage climbing forever.

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited December 2019
    is saryn even that busted outside of the very narrow field of ESO farming? Nothing else comes close to that mob density with a spawn rate high enough to keep spores' damage climbing forever.

enhanced shield sorties? onlly other time Ive seen it last ages.

tastydonuts on
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    She's pretty busted at Kuva survival, mostly because that map is convoluted

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Every time I go back to Nyx I'm always depressed at how much potential Mind Control has, and how much it's let down by unbelievably shitty AI.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I know Saryn is a beast at the moment, but I’ve always hated the finicky “target an enemy” abilities in this game, that involve a level of precision that my go-to weapons would never think to ask of me. So if the rework changes spores to something with a radius, or at least an area of effect like the pocket sand, I might use this frame more often after the nerf.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Just got a 75% off coupon

Why yes, DE, you can have another $50.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Just got a 75% off coupon

Why yes, DE, you can have another $50.

I'd do the exact same thing if they ever gave me another one, goddamnit.

edited December 2019

Absolutely. Like I said, no effort to get 2-3x as many kills as the rest of the squad combined. And I'm not talking just ESO.

Getting stupidly high numbers isn't that hard either, at least once you get decently into an endless mission. Damage Growth rate caps at 7 enemies, and with a spread radius of 40m at 250% range (which is what my Spore Saryn is at) you don't need enemies to be that dense to keep going until you're at 800-1k damage per spore, which is enough to kill most things before they walk out of the closet they spawned in... Which is when you start using your 50m radius, environment-ignoring Miasma.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    @dporowski - the crimson branch needs to be built or placed somewhere for contribs? IDK?

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    @dporowski - the crimson branch needs to be built or placed somewhere for contribs? IDK?

Oh shit, that live? K, give me a few.

Edit: Fuck, that thing A: fits nowhere, and B: needed me to build a couple reactors. Waiting for them to come online, then I'll put it down. It's uh... Over... There'll be a teleporter. Put it that way.

I mean, the upper level is primarily obstacle course, the main level is basically a support system for labs and reactors, and I haven't got enough corridors downstairs to build anything yet, and I feel like that should be where we put the hangar, anyway.

dporowski on
    ... we have an upper level?

edited December 2019
    Yes! It's where I put the obstacle course, 'cause that thing's bigger than the observatory. Which is huge. I may actually need to put the hangar there, depending on how much Z-axis it takes up, as that, the elevator, and an X-junction are all that are up there atm.

Downstairs only has the elevator and a junction. I think that's where I was going to stuff all the reactors...

Edit: Nope, wait, I have a single hallway with a bunch of space around it on the main level; that can be the hangar.

dporowski on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The hangar takes three levels: one above and one below the "actual".

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

she's extremely strong in survival if you have a group that knows to closet camp

also real good at defense

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

she's extremely strong in survival if you have a group that knows to closet camp

also real good at defense

Spores fall off on defense pretty easily though, she's not really better than other options there as much I think (and the stars of defense are Frost et al anyways).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really, really do not like the Rank 9 challenge. I assume there's no way to pay to bypass it?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I just named my k-drive "Millennium Fallcan" and the response was "Noice! I don't get the reference, but it sounds pretty poetic."

HappylilElf on
    MR19 challenge: Repeatedly detected by a small blue pixel while standing on the starting platform. This is terminally stupid.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    MR challenges are basically the worst thing.

This discussion has been closed.