As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Javen wrote: »
    I also finished the Crystalline Mean quests.
    I've known Skip for for day and a half, but if anything happened to him I would kill everyone in the Crystarium and then myself.
    Skip suffers from the Red XIII syndrome. We learn his actual name, and continue calling him Skip.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I was enjoying following along with @BlankZoe's impression posts as they made their way through the game. Got excited as they hit Shadowbringers and then everything went kind of quiet. Oh ok, distracted by a different game. Fair enough. But then I caught a post that they were about to battle the final boss, and then nothing. Someone else asked how it went, and it turned out they were waiting for the thread to kick over into a new one. Which didn't happen for a long time.
    Now it's like months later, and who cares anymore, right?
    But I do. I need resolution and I don't know why. I already played the game, I know it was awesome. It's like twitch by mail, trying to watch someone else play a video game you like through telegram messages.
    I thought about resubbing, but usually I'd let another major patch or two arrive first. I've mostly been a main plot player and haven't really taken the time to level up a ton of classes or any crafting, but I really do love the game.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Introducing time travel AND parallel worlds in the same expansion makes knowing that we'll never get a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross tie-in feel even worse.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Au'ra
    Introducing time travel AND parallel worlds in the same expansion makes knowing that we'll never get a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross tie-in feel even worse.

Plot twist: the sound was Lavos.
    Yoshi-P was prepping for the long game the whole time.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Oh you mean that thing I completely and unironically want to happen?
    Maybe not being the source of everything, but they could totally make Lavos one of the summoned monsters

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra

Except they didnt?
    While the shards and Alexander were both from Heavensward, you travel to the Thirteenth/Void in ARR for the WoD raid.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Man I wish I could take part in one of these crafting events but they are never up when I'm at home

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    "Good" news, you haven't missed anything since the first week because they haven't happened since the first week, as all the contributions that were available were quickly finished and it made the plaza area look nice. If you check the announcement board in the firmament plaza it will say "thank you for your patience" in the bar at the top that would otherwise list contribution totals towards the next event triggering or the timer until it starts. The events and contributions will probably come back after a patch or something, there'll probably be an announcement they're starting the next phase.

You didn't miss much other than some chances at an easy 500 of the tokens you can trade for the event rewards though. Which is something I guess, but the event itself was like, click the pile of resources and wait for 10 seconds for the interaction progress bar to fill up, run over to the workbench and click that and wait 10 seconds for another progress bar, then run over to a construction site interactible point and click that and wait 10 seconds for another progress bar, then hopefully repeat that five times before the event is finished by the 200 people doing it at once which literally only gives you enough time to just barely get 5 laps in, maybe. The real meat of the restoration event is just infinitely crafting the collectibles for the contribution turn-ins and the smaller amount of prize tickets and experience those give you.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

Most people here probably already have these, but $20 for Shadowbringers or $30 for complete edition is nice too.

• Options
    Hyur
    it really cannot be overstated how good firmament is at leveling your crafters though, I took Carpenter from 1-50 in a few hours

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    it really cannot be overstated how good firmament is at leveling your crafters though, I took Carpenter from 1-50 in a few hours

yeah but can you do that without even leaving the area? i'm so lazy and want to just buy everything from vendors.

if not. NO DEAL.

• Options
    Viera
    You gotta get the materials from gathering or the market board, they're not too expensive on my server though. I think I've spent more on vendor pieces of crafting gear.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Viera
    FAIR ENOUGH

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Roegadyn
    Is there an easier/faster way to grind out crafters materia than Firmament at 80? 240/300 scripts apiece seems real low, but the meld chance is so low that I imagine it’ll require a lot.

Javen on
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Is there an easier/faster way to grind out crafters materia than Firmament at 80? 240/300 scripts apiece seems real low, but the meld chance is so low that I imagine it’ll require a lot.

It's going to require a lot, nothing you can do about that. However, the job that has it comparatively easiest for Rowena's collectables would be Alchemist, followed by Culinarian. Cunning Craftsman's Syrup at the high end is 270 yellow scrips on a regular day and 300+ on a bonus day, and Tinctures are 120+ white scrips.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i wish they'd make all the old Boss FATEs just spawn like three times a day now. it's outdated who cares if someone gets the ixion mount or the ultima horns in a day

also make them soloable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Ima laugh if some of the level 60 boss fates can be solo'd by Blue Mage Missile/Doom in 1.15 like some of the level 50 bosses.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Donnicton wrote: »

It's going to require a lot, nothing you can do about that. However, the job that has it comparatively easiest for Rowena's collectables would be Alchemist, followed by Culinarian. Cunning Craftsman's Syrup at the high end is 270 yellow scrips on a regular day and 300+ on a bonus day, and Tinctures are 120+ white scrips.

Nothing in the game currently requires heavy overmelding though, take your time and use weeklies to stock up.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Yeah I don't think I really need to max out; just enough so that I can HQ facet stuff etc with NQ components

• Options
    Viera
    SMH if you can't 100% HQ top level crafted gear with a macro

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Allow me to voice a pet peeve

Glams of the exact same item that look drastically different depending on the race that equips it

y tho

• Options
    Viera
    are there more of those other than the hempen underwear pieces?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Au'ra
    cPoYpKvwPKbtB1PJQKBO3OB0hw.jpg
    bwckINjBeIspn-k83ACxvDF0-w.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Lali-ho indeed. Can I actually do mining in that?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    wait how are we supposed to recruit 23 other blue mages

• Options
    Au'ra
    wait how are we supposed to recruit 23 other blue mages

"Not our problem." - Square Enix

#JustBLUThings

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Is there a way to somewhat automate or make crafting the stuff for this Isgaren thing easy enough that I don't have to click the same 4 buttons over an over? Not that I'm lazy, more just board.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Is there a way to somewhat automate or make crafting the stuff for this Isgaren thing easy enough that I don't have to click the same 4 buttons over an over? Not that I'm lazy, more just board.

The easiest you can make things is a one-button macro for it. Still have to hit that and the craft button to start a new one.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Most people make macros for crafting. That way you can just hit the one button every now and then to do your crafts.

The commands are typically something like

/ac Reflect <wait.3>

where reflect is the name of whatever skill you want to use.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Seeing it in motion, I suddenly remember Sky Golem.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Viera
    oh my god the lala in the suit

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Viera
    Bucketman wrote: »

This google doc has some example macros for different levels and levels of gear you can use at the end, they require certain levels of stats and CP so you need to buy vendor gear and sometimes crafting food as you level up and move to different collectibles. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vgtU7HFtG87TrJ9U47vnzkFMhSl5HKz7bjJhRXbxaas/preview#

The only problem with macros is I find myself alt-tabbing while it runs and then never coming back. Crafting and gathering not fun.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    5.15 confirmed for this coming tuesday

will have a new pvp map and updates for blue mage, maybe one or two other small things we don't know about yet

early previews for 5.2 to start during the annual marathon stream later in the week

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    holy shit how are we already at previews for the next patch

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.