As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Up to 755 Dreepys hatched, still no shiny. Masuda method with a shiny charm, so I'm over odds. I've got 3 spare, perfect, Jolly Dreepys if anyone wants one.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Such a lust for shinies

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'll take one of those super Dreepies off your hands

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Such a lust for shinies

I'm probably gonna try for shiny obstagoon and grimmsnarl now that I have dex done

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Such a lust for shinies

I'm probably gonna try for shiny obstagoon and grimmsnarl now that I have dex done

I saw an Obstagoon at the dark gym and my Grimmsnarl kicked his ass but I still want one. He's like a fuckin' Snidley Whiplash pokemon.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Pokemon friends!

Ive got a hail team going but need a way to deal with my weaknesses

Whats a good poke to throw safety glasses on to add in to the mix

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Such a lust for shinies

WHOOOOOO?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Pokemon friends!

statistically speaking, probably regenerator toxapex

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Pokemon friends!

HA Kommo-o line is fighting/dragon iirc?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    What is the difference between a Galarian pokemon and...not that? All of the internet shit is using it and the game has never said anything about it and some of y'all are using it and I don't know what it means!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What is the difference between a Galarian pokemon and...not that? All of the internet shit is using it and the game has never said anything about it and some of y'all are using it and I don't know what it means!

As of Sun/Moon and this gen, some returning Pokemon have regional variants exclusive to where the game takes place. They look different (not just a recolor, like, different models) and different typing and sometimes different evolutions

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    But in Sword/Shield they're all the Galarian ones then right? Because it's in Galar?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    But in Sword/Shield they're all the Galarian ones then right? Because it's in Galar?

the ones you catch in the wild, yes

But if a pokemon is in, any variants it has can be imported

So for example you can transfer an old meowth in and he will look different

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Correct
    You can get a regular Meowth if you.... either pre ordered or bought it within a week of release or something? But I don't recall if you can carry any others forward

But in the wild, the ones with Galarian forms will only appear as such

Edit: Yeah there you go, thank you chincy

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Oh. Weird! Thanks for answering my dumb newb questions.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    There are a few trades for the old variants. In the first gym you swap Galar-Meowth for Kanto-Meowth and in the fairy gym swap Galar-Yamask for Unova-Yamask--these are notable because it's the only way to get Persian and Cofagrigus, who're needed for completing the dex. There's also a trade for Kantonian Mr. Mime in Spikemuth, but why would you?

And the Kantonian Meowth from mystery gift can't evolve because it's got its special gmax form

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hah, I was dipping around the Chirchester Bay area to make sure I hadn't missed any items or trainers, a Mantine leapt right into my face, which would have been a mildly annoying time waste if it wasn't a very slightly different shade of blue. I think that's the first wild shiny I've encountered since the games moved to 3D models.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well i did one exhibition challenge with gmax meowth, made $300k and immediately shipped him off to attack power school because oh damn that makes money real easy and i need to buy out all the boutiques still

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Such a lust for shinies

I saw an Obstagoon at the dark gym and my Grimmsnarl kicked his ass but I still want one. He's like a fuckin' Snidley Whiplash pokemon.

Hes poop without a certain ability plus the flame orb I spent a week grinding, but the shiny is so hideous I need it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Luxury balls grind seems both way more fun and way easier. Just grind out raids in the wild area and spend all the watts in luxury balls. Each active den gives 2k watts, which is enough to buy like 20 luxury balls, which is 30k. A full 999 set of luxury balls sells for like 1.7 million. Plus you get all the treasures and xp candies from doing the raids.

The partner Pokemon in raids seem to be like level 70 if you bring in a level 100 Pokemon, so it's pretty easy to solo everything

• Options
    Well i did one exhibition challenge with gmax meowth, made $300k and immediately shipped him off to attack power school because oh damn that makes money real easy and i need to buy out all the boutiques still

Its my go to. I do a few runs a day to EV train with DRUGS

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    why would anyone ever sell their luxury balls? that's anti-luxury. for the poors.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I like how most raids are fairly restrained
    Then you join a 5* Ditto raid and it becomes Eternatus and Zacian all the way down

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm gonna kill that fuckin ditto

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I found a 5 star den and did it with NPC trainers and all 3 of them died on the first turn. What the fuck, Pamela, you brought a ZIGZAGOON to fight a 5 star dynamaxed Barbaracle you stupid shit?

I tried to do it online mode and it just sat there for 3 minutes and then timed out. How am I supposed to do the online raiding?

• Options
    I found a 5 star den and did it with NPC trainers and all 3 of them died on the first turn. What the fuck, Pamela, you brought a ZIGZAGOON to fight a 5 star dynamaxed Barbaracle you stupid shit?

I tried to do it online mode and it just sat there for 3 minutes and then timed out. How am I supposed to do the online raiding?

double-double check you're actually online, which requires going to the y menu and THEN hitting +

it's no guarantee people will join you, even then; if you've got something lucrative like a gmax or a popular mon like Gardevoir it's a lot more likely to fill up

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    you have to have an extremely high level pokemon before the NPC trainers even sort of have durability

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Anyone want to help me test my hail team in a bit

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    you have to have an extremely high level pokemon before the NPC trainers even sort of have durability

Thankfully not THAT hard with the crazy xp from all that candy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Did someone need a Gothita? I've got a couple extra

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Turambar wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »
    hooray dex complete

Grats! By the way, what constitutes a complete Pokédex at the moment? Aren't there still a few no-one can get yet, like Mewtwo?

The 400 pokemon in the Regional Dex for Galar

The bit I was confused about was whether "special" pokemon like Mew and Mewtwo counted towards that 400, but it seems they aren't assigned Galar Pokédex numbers (Serebii.com just has "FOREIGN" for their Galar index). Which makes more sense in hindsight, it would be a dick move for Nintendo to make everyone buy a Pokeball Plus just to get all 400.

Butler on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Finally found the quick ball salesman.

500 quick balls please!

• Options
    It should be a crime to wonder trade a fucking pidove

• Options
    pidoves traded a thousand times, spending more of their existence in the wonder trade animation than in people's boxes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    It should be a crime to wonder trade a fucking pidove

Half pigeon, half dove. Truly one of nature's most horrific mistakes. Even Dracovish can't look at them without vomiting uncontrollably.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    There's a gmax sand cobra no one's joining me on and it owns the two Legends and just murders the three trainers I get

I want the spinny snake!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Alcremie's Aroma Veil with Falinks's Defiant would be pretty fun, I think

Then Alcremie uses Decorate while Falinks uses No Retreat... I think that's a teamup that could work, even if it's got weaknesses that aren't instantly occurring to me

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    hooray dex complete

Grats! By the way, what constitutes a complete Pokédex at the moment? Aren't there still a few no-one can get yet, like Mewtwo?

The 400 pokemon in the Regional Dex for Galar

The bit I was confused about was whether "special" pokemon like Mew and Mewtwo counted towards that 400, but it seems they aren't assigned Galar Pokédex numbers (Serebii.com just has "FOREIGN" for their Galar index). Which makes more sense in hindsight, it would be a dick move for Nintendo to make everyone buy a Pokeball Plus just to get all 400.

yes, it would be a real dick move.
    *glares at manaphy*

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    shield has been the most amazing pokemon experience i have had since...red/blue?

i have caught my very first shiny
    i got fuckin' pokerus
    i got that stupid rare sinistea that needs the even more special tea kettle to evolve
    i am like 27 mons away from completing the dex and it is solely from surprise trading and catching on my own

what a charmed run

also i was very happy inkay's evo method transferred over

i named mine "35 minutes ago"

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Alcremie's Aroma Veil with Falinks's Defiant would be pretty fun, I think

Then Alcremie uses Decorate while Falinks uses No Retreat... I think that's a teamup that could work, even if it's got weaknesses that aren't instantly occurring to me

the weakness, sadly, being one shot by g-darm and dracovish (likely even after a +1 def boost)

they're extremely centralizing forces

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg