As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oh, ok, see I saw “Spice Tyrants” and my mind went to Ogors painted up like a late 90s all girl Pop group.

Hm.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Oh, ok, see I saw “Spice Tyrants” and my mind went to Ogors painted up like a late 90s all girl Pop group.

Hm.

scary spice (because he's got a big fuckin club)

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    Axen wrote: »

Hm.

I previously converted a reaper mini to a Chef, which I am going to use as a butcher. My insides are screaming at me to convert the ogors to all look like guy fieri. I was going to name it something like 'ogors,obscenities and obliteration's'

steam_sig.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Would it be worth it to get two of the Skaven battleforce to start up a Skaven army?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Would it be worth it to get two of the Skaven battleforce to start up a Skaven army?

I should say so, yes. The only downside would be that you would need one more set of 20 clanrats to meet battleline requirements (If I'm remembering how the skaven book works correctly)

But from the two kits you could have 40 plague monks, a plague furnace which makes for one of the best combat units in the game. Two warp lightning cannons (which are a damaging but unreliable source of ranged mortal wounds, you might want to consider picking up an engineer to sit with them). Grey Seer is a steal for 120 points, and the screaming bell version is also very strong. The verminlord it can be built in, like, five different ways and none of them are bad, the Warpseer is probably still the general best all-rounder, or the Deceiver can do work as a stand-alone piece. Then 20 model units of clanrats to screen and capture objectives.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    At a glance I read that as Spice Tyrants and now I have conversion ideas.

I mean, big E is pretty heavily influenced by Leto II and spoish mehreens/thunder warriors take a lot of cues from the sardaukar

no reason why you can't make some sandy bois

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Yes, if you want to go pure pestilens. Convert the left over grey seers into plague priests, and then you need like 20 more plague monks (and a verminlord or other stuff) I think to hit 2k points.

edit: Whoops, battleforce, not start collecting. My mistake. The battleforce is weird because it splits the battleline units up in a really inconvenient way.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png

Yes, if you want to go pure pestilens. Convert the left over grey seers into plague priests, and then you need like 20 more plague monks (and a verminlord or other stuff) I think to hit 2k points.

edit: Whoops, battleforce, not start collecting. My mistake. The battleforce is weird because it splits the battleline units up in a really inconvenient way.

Yea, but it also isn't too bad. It lets me very easily move into a Pestilens list or into a list that runs Stormfiends, Doomwheels, and Hell Pit Abominations. I mostly just want to run a bunch of the stuff I find cool and I feel like the battleforce is gonna make things a bit smoother in that regard.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I got the start collect Dok and the Xmas Dok army last year I know I need more basic witch elves but I set on cauldrons {also due to a reseller I deal with often on ebay I have 20 Khinerai ]

I did want to play a skaven force long ago it was the prospect of painting a sea of fur and what I army I would do [I have been torn between plague monks when they were worshiping nurgle back in the old world} and either Clan Mors or Skryre, I have NO idea what the skaven are like now

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I mean, big E is pretty heavily influenced by Leto II and spoish mehreens/thunder warriors take a lot of cues from the sardaukar

I read that as candi bois. Now I want to make some ogor holding giant lollipops instead of clubs.

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I read that as candi bois. Now I want to make some ogor holding giant lollipops instead of clubs.
    Don’t forget the cinnamon roll gutplates (with occasional bite mark) and lemon drop mawfists.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    That would actually be a pretty cool idea for a counts-as butcher.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    The Lolipop Guild.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Pre ordered 2 Skaven battleforce boxes so as long as the store doesn't get screwed over with product I'll have a good start to Skaven.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Yaaaaay slaves to darkness pre-order up this weekend.

Includes double boxed warcry warbands which are "core" to the army, the new start collecting set, endless spells and battletome.

No scenary though. So ogres get scenary and no spells but slaves get spells and no scenary.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Doubled up warcry boxes are obviously also great if you want to expand a warband and you don't need anymore of the cards.
    I'll probably pick up a box of the blood bowl ogors too, should be easy enough to give them some weapons to provide some more dynamic Gluttons to round out my squads.

TheGerbil wrote: »

Includes double boxed warcry warbands which are "core" to the army, the new start collecting set, endless spells and battletome.

No scenary though. So ogres get scenary and no spells but slaves get spells and no scenary.

If they only had capacity for 1 scenery and 1 spell kit, it makes sense to give the spells to StD and scenery to ogres. Both get something, and spells is way more of a StD thing than an ogre thing.

If they only had capacity for 1 scenery and 1 spell kit, it makes sense to give the spells to StD and scenery to ogres. Both get something, and spells is way more of a StD thing than an ogre thing.

Seems a little odd though considering how many other armies (including the new bone boys) got both. Hell even Khorne got both "prayers" and scenary.

Then again orruks got neither so I should just be happy.

Seems a little odd though considering how many other armies (including the new bone boys) got both. Hell even Khorne got both "prayers" and scenary.

Sure. But GW cares about Khorne, and want to sell the new army.

They don't give a shit about orks.

Sure. But GW cares about Khorne, and want to sell the new army.

They don't give a shit about orks.

Orks are weird as they care about them in 40k yet in Warhammer they were just tossed a bone every so often. In AoS when I got back into it. It seemed they were getting away from this yet they fell back into it.
    The other chaos armies were another problem as they really pushed chaos undivided when I had an interest in Warhammer ever so long ago as making it a specific god was a pain

Now in AoS undivided chaos seems really rare. They definitely pushed mono God factions for a while with people wondering if undivided was gonna be a thing.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/02/kit-focus-start-collecting-slaves-to-darknessgw-homepage-post-1/

The start collecting chaos warriors include choices for female heads, that's pretty nice.

Also a bit funny how the decapitated heads on both kits are elven.

As a DoK player, elves have notoriously choppable necks.
    I like the lady head option though, it's a good move, interesting that the blurb says these warriors will not replace the old ones, not sure if that means the only new sculpts for the time being are going to be these ones in the SC box and there won't be a multi-part kit coming later.

Sounds like it.

edited December 2019
    As a DoK player, elves have notoriously choppable necks.
    I like the lady head option though, it's a good move, interesting that the blurb says these warriors will not replace the old ones, not sure if that means the only new sculpts for the time being are going to be these ones in the SC box and there won't be a multi-part kit coming later.

I think it may also mean you can still use the old model? I can't imagine them not replacing the >15 year old chaos warrior kit.

As for lady heads it makes sense. That armour kinda obscured gender defining features so who knows what's under there? Male female or mutated beyond all recognition?

The helmets are too cool to not use though.

TheGerbil on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nnf, those are some good warriors of chaos.

Love the chaos lord on the monstrous mount, the 'Karkadrak'.

BloodandGlory-Nov02-Lord9sfde.jpg

H9f4bVe.png
    I have a small chaos warrior army from about 20 years ago {a box or two of warriors and the three sorcerers in metal} I don't know what happened to it as I have the sorcerers still so I must have the warriors? [I really should catalog what I have now since I have no idea what I have even for 40k I have a vague idea}

A while back I made the statement that GW would never in a million years make ogor women or other women from the "ugly" races.
    I am very happy to be proven wrong. It looks like the two FW ogre bloodbowl players are women. Would have been better to see them in the plastic kit, but I will absolutely give GW credit for this move.
    b52805ea.jpg
    Also, bonus points for lady heads in the new chaos kits.

Lady on the right is on a hilariously small base, but she'd make for a pretty good firebelly with a little sculpting work. Might pick them up next time at Warhammer World.

Blood bowl is kinda restricted with the base sizes because of the grid of the pitch, so 99% of the models are on 32 mm bases even if they barely fit.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Yeah Orruks got the short end of the stick with regards to mini releases, not even getting endless spells and having all the generic greenskin kits (even the kickass boarboys) go OOP.
    BUT the Orruk Warclans book is really good and they’re a solid army. There’s an appeal to having such a limited range of units to choose from, less likely the kit you like wont see any table time

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    So I wonder if Archeon's warscrolls is gonna get buffed. For being 660 pts he sure doesn't have the most exciting rules.

I believe they've already said that his sword is getting a better rend, so they're at least looking at his scroll some.

According to the faction focus he now also always gets the dark prophecy command ability and doesn't need a special battalion for it anymore.

I think that might just be if you're running the Everchosen host, but either way it's probably worth 600pts by itself, it might be the best CA in the game!

The GW stream was supposed to have a preview of the new battletome today but I missed it and cannot find the details anywhere. Does GW post vods?

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The GW stream was supposed to have a preview of the new battletome today but I missed it and cannot find the details anywhere. Does GW post vods?

Yes, for subscribers.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Yes, for subscribers.

Whelp already used my twitch prime for this month. Gonna have to wait for the book or someone who sees the stream to tell.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I'm gonna grab the warscroll cards since it'll be now or never when they launch, but I think I'm going to wait until January for the new Start Collecting.

It will be hard to generate much in the way of painting enthusiasm for my current batch of old StD models knowing how much nicer the new ones look, though.

I have a bunch of warriors. Maybe if chosen are good in the new book I'll convert these new warriors into chosen

This discussion has been closed.