As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Whelp I’m def not getting NF this season. I’m climbing dtr elo pretty good though. Up to a diamond. But plummeting in glory.

I don’t understand bungies matchmaking. We literally play unbrokens half our matches.

Which ok, if that’s all that’s playing fine. But I used dtr to analyze a night we played. My team went 7-6 and faced unbrokens in 7 matches. So over half

I then looked at every team that beat us and looked at their session. Total they played 65 matches and played fellow unbrokens in only 13.

So my crew, a bunch of 4500 glory dudes, play unbrokens over half the time and yet unbrokens only play them 20%

One team went 9-0 and didn’t play a single unbroken. If we had gotten that run we’d have gotten NF.

Oh well. Maybe next season.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    If they’re planning on bringing back trials they need to do something about the free account/cheating situation

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I had to get like 2 kills with a machine gun in a forge for a bounty so I started one up and got them in like 5 seconds. I was thinking I'd just drop out after that, but my conscience wouldn't let me be the dick that abandoned these two blueberries, so I decided to stick around.

Literally 30 seconds after I decided to stick it out, a Thunderlord dropped from a random enemy kill.

Thanks, karma.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Created a Steam group for Destiny 2 PC players.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/PADestiny2

Should help with adding people as friends and such in the clan, I think / seeing who is playing at any given time.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    PC Clan did a pre-new-season purge of the roster to open up some space.

Basically kicked anyone who hadn't played in over a month because we were full to the gills.

If you are gonna play you can just come right on back in. Just PM me.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I should get this on Steam for giggles. Tried the Stadia version, but eh.

Why is there no raid heavy weapon? We knew it beforehand, but we were discussing it at length last night as two of us realized that was one reason we wouldn't hit 960 before the season ended. Pinnacle drops w/heavy have not been kind.

That and only really using one character as opposed to 3. RIP us for that, I guess.

At least I finally got Sacred Provenance :(.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the necessary magic for getting a rare bounty for Ada?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain the necessary magic for getting a rare bounty for Ada?

I remember it being tied to doing a lot of the Daily bounties (like 20 in a week), but not sure how accurate that memory is.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I think it's totally random. I got one after my first bounty of the week last week, and another two weeks earlier after like my 4th bounty that week. I've never done more than about 4 or 5 of Ada's daily bounties in a week.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'm up to 26 bounties completed now with no rare bounty. Easy to track from the triumphs since I've never gotten one.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    I think it's totally random. I got one after my first bounty of the week last week, and another two weeks earlier after like my 4th bounty that week. I've never done more than about 4 or 5 of Ada's daily bounties in a week.

Yup, random. And the requirements seem to vary a bit.

My first one was complete a raid with BA gear (But GoS didn't count, only the earlier raids) OR Shattered Throne.

The second one I got last week is do stuff with all BA weapons equipped.

Similar to Minor, I got them randomly.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m curious what time shenanigans is allowing Saint-14 to come back.... and if it will stick.

Probably not, right? I feel like he has to die at the end of the season, or else it’s like... if there’s no negative repercussions, why not bring back Cayde? Eriana? Kabr? etc

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I’m curious what time shenanigans is allowing Saint-14 to come back.... and if it will stick.

Probably not, right? I feel like he has to die at the end of the season, or else it’s like... if there’s no negative repercussions, why not bring back Cayde? Eriana? Kabr? etc

S14's death was already set up as a paradox, so if anyone else was brought back it would be through different means.

• Options
    I imagine it's the benefit/downside of being buds with Osiris. Time knives cut both ways.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I imagine they're going to tie the Undying Mind somehow into his death (along with our Red War victory) so we created a bit of a whoopsie by erasing it from existence. Good thing we're paracausal space wizards who can just go and patch time up, some how.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

It's probably going to be that we yank him out in the middle of his eon's of rampage against the vex, then insert him back in because we discover time fuckery is a bad thing and he still eventually gets killed and enshrined.

edit: You can't bring the others back, this is a special case because hes stuck in the vex's time loop shenanagins specifically because they couldn't figure out a way to stop him.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah, Saint-14 coming back and having Time Shenanigans was already baked into Perfect Paradox. On the one hand, Time Shenanigans are dumb, on the other hand, the Vex exist, sooooooooo….. It's got problems, but that's Destiny, and at least this one had some previous indication it was going to happen. Even if temporarily or if he goes back all the way into the past after this.

Kabr/Praedyth are candidates for revival/escaping the Vault, but Kabr's infection by the Vex would probably not go well for anybody. Both I think had some recent stuff in the lore about the Black Garden that came out this season.

Cayde should absolutely not come back, and I can't imagine them doing it outside of a Nightmare style situation.

Despite my fanfiction, Eriana is probably for real dead given dead Ghost and all. I wanted Shadowkeep to have an out for her so she could help Eris in the ongoing crusade, but any loophole there seemed to go to
    Omar Agah in bug form
    . Sadly her self-rez timer probably expired a while back.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    when's the stream again?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    when's the stream again?

10am pt/1pm et

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    when's the stream again?

Now, basically.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    NO TRIALS (unless they're doing something sneaky with the calendar)

seems like a Black Armory tier season without a raid :sad:

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Any details from it that can be pasted in here for those of us at work?

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Reveal stream is on now, I’m watching on YouTube.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Basically what you'd expect honestly. Some kind of event going on in the patrol zones. New shit in the seasons pass. New artifact. New seasonal event.

The Sundial at least so far seems to be a bit more involved and varied then Vex Offensive. And also has a hard mode that isn't matchmade. So more Menagerie, which they I think are heavily stealing from. Which is good.

shryke on
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    NO TRIALS (unless they're doing something sneaky with the calendar)

seems like a Black Armory tier season without a raid :sad:

Seems crazy to me they're doing another Osiris DLC without Trials, but I also hadn't got my hopes up too high for it returning anyways.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    new lore:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48434

more to come in lead up to the new season.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the sundial stuff looks fun

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Geez Reddit is especially salty over all this today. The season doesn't really feel that out of line with what I expected so I don't get it.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Basically what you'd expect honestly. Some kind of event going on in the patrol zones. New shit in the seasons pass. New artifact. New seasonal event.

The Sundial at least so far seems to be a bit more involved and varied then Vex Offensive. And also has a hard mode that isn't matchmade. So more Menagerie, which they I think are heavily stealing from. Which is good.

With the way their dev pipeline seems to work, this is the first season that could have seriously benefited from lessons learned from Menagerie. The Vex Offensive was likely in work right after the Reckoning was released. Which, compared to that mode, VO is definitely not nearly as much of a headache, though I think less fun because of it.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It sounds like I’ll have all the time in the world to do solo runs of the Shattered Throne, next season.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Also I’m putting my money on Saint-14’s death being a “fixed point” a la Doctor Who.

It has to happen, nothing can change that, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pull him to our “now” from somewhere before that death. Hell, we might do something in this mode that causes that death in the form a heroic sacrifice.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    new lore:

The Titan leapt atop the smoldering wreckage of a kit-bashed airship, a stripped-down Arcadia Class incapable of escaping orbit, and tore the Golden Age-polymer canopy right off the cockpit.

The trolling continues! @Local H Jay

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Geez Reddit is especially salty over all this today. The season doesn't really feel that out of line with what I expected so I don't get it.

I think it boils down to Shadowkeep and Undying gave people a reason to play constantly for almost every week of the season.

From what I've been able to see between meetings, this looks like it can be done in 7 days and then that's that....but the season is just as long. Plus, Eververse.

Hence, resentment. Validity is irrelevant.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Expecting season of undying+shadowkeep level content volume year round is insane but then again the destiny community is insane

DodgeBlan on

• Options

I get it. I want more but that doesn't mean I didn't expect this little. It looks like basically what we got with Undying (but not what was from Shadowkeep) but done (seemingly at this point) better.

Honestly the main thing I'm disappointed about here is no raid. BA had a raid. Opulence had a raid. I was kinda hoping we'd get a raid lair every season this year.

It'll maybe be a bit less time-intensive at least. More time to do other shit.

The one thing they very much didn't talk about I noticed is power level and what is going on with that this season.

• Options
    I think a big thing is people confusing what was Shadowkeep and what was Season of Undying.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Personally I'm hoping to enjoy not having to play every day of the season in order to finish all the ridiculous grinds while also doing the raid at least twice a week and and and

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    it is kind of a head scratcher for Luke Smith to announce a 'renewed focus on PVP' with the shadowkeep streams and then for PVP to get more or less nothing for two seasons
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    new lore:

this lore is really good tho

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

I think it boils down to Shadowkeep and Undying gave people a reason to play constantly for almost every week of the season.

From what I've been able to see between meetings, this looks like it can be done in 7 days and then that's that....but the season is just as long. Plus, Eververse.

Hence, resentment. Validity is irrelevant.

there was nothing in there that suggests you'll have everything done in week one. between the road map mentioning 'Obelisks' and noting them unlocking in different locations at different times, to rotating bosses in the Sundial, i think its safe to say that there will be reasons to keep coming back. and that's before we get to any new lore books we'll be getting. Unveiling ends next week and i wouldn't be surprised if we get a new book that takes its place.

EDIT: hell, looking at it again, you don't even rescue Saint-14 until week two.

Wraith260 on