As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I remain annoyed that the new strike on Io hasn't been a Nightfall Ordeal. I guess it was only Hive/Vex, but they could have used the Vex in the Strike for their Champions.

Cause yo that Strike is rad and Savathun be scheming.

So yeah, I'm hoping they introduce more strikes as Ordeals in Dawn.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Ope wrong thread

Here have this instead

Local H Jay on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I remain annoyed that the new strike on Io hasn't been a Nightfall Ordeal. I guess it was only Hive/Vex, but they could have used the Vex in the Strike for their Champions.

Cause yo that Strike is rad and Savathun be scheming.

So yeah, I'm hoping they introduce more strikes as Ordeals in Dawn.

It looks like we have Cabal champions now, so expect those to show up.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    h95d0ub31l2c.png

I love Karios Black shader

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Picked up the sniper bounty from Ada, prepared to farm it whenever I could for the rest of the week, and got the box-breathing/accurized roll I wanted on the first try. Thank you, RNG Santa.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

But the Moon was new to many. It's cool and full of fun new stuff. Going back is part of the appeal, but it's also different with new activities.

And bringing back old good PvP maps is also good. Because we need good maps. It's PvP anyway so playing on the same map over and over again is just part of the experience anyway.

I never get the complaints about this stuff.
    I'd imagine it's because the people who complain played D1. They won't care about people it's new to. That and video games are a very visual medium, so even if an activity is different, it's "WOW HOW CONVENIENT EVERYTHING ALWAYS HAPPENS ON THE SAME SMALL BLOCK OF THE MOON."

Which is ridiculous / laughable.

I mean, sure. But a lot of the people excited to go back to the Moon also played D1. The same way they are excited to see old favourite PvP maps returning.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Are they raising the powerlevel?? I wasn't able to see anything since im at work

taco543 wrote: »
    Are they raising the powerlevel?? I wasn't able to see anything since im at work

No comment one way or the other.

taco543 wrote: »

No comment one way or the other.

hmm interesting, idk how I'll feel if they don't raise the power cap either way. On the shitty hand its like, whelp. I don't got anything to grind for after I get a 960 heavy. But on the good hand, I know I'll keep raising power through the artifact... I'm in pickle. I need to know if I should be upset or happy DAMNIT!

• hushhush Registered User regular
    I don't think it matters - the grind will be fully back even without a light level bump, because all of our armor isn't gonna work with the new seasonal mods (right?) - or are those considered Shadowkeep mod slots, rather than Undying.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Love a clarifying tweet that when read literally is still ambiguous. Excellent communication, A++.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    The power level cap is going up. It's pretty clear and straightforward.

It also makes the most sense since pinnacle rewards would be irrelevant if they didn't raise the cap.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Another IB with no new gear or ornaments I'm guessing

:bigfrown:

Not only is it not new, it’s the same armor we just got from season of opulence, which is the same as the og D2Y1 armor.

I would have just preferred the season 8 stuff again, that stuff was cool and I never got around to the quest on my Titan or hunters. But sure, third time for this set for some reason.

And after teasing that it’s a “reprisal” of an old set!

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

It also makes the most sense since pinnacle rewards would be irrelevant if they didn't raise the cap.

I agree that is what the tweet is trying to say. But what we got was:

"Is the level cap not going up?"
    "It is (the case you stated, of it not going up.)"

Responding to a negative statement and all that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited December 2019

I agree that is what the tweet is trying to say. But what we got was:

"Is the level cap not going up?"
    "It is (the case you stated, of it not going up.)"

Responding to a negative statement and all that.

Nah, that's the standard way to respond to that turn of phrase.

"Is X not happening?"
    "It is" if yes.
    "It is not" if no.

shryke on
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Three negatives enter the Vault of Glass.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's just trying to read ambiguity into a statement that really had none.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Finally got my forehand grip mod from banshee. Hush is even more fantastic now!

I will say that it's a real kick in the pants that there's no protection against dupes when you buy mods from Ada. I've gotten the same goddamn radar booster mod like 4 of my last 5 purchases from her.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I mean, sure. But a lot of the people excited to go back to the Moon also played D1. The same way they are excited to see old favourite PvP maps returning.
    One can be happy to see old favorites (I personally am happy to see Rusted Lands), but unhappy that they only announced / showed a reskin.

And I am not dumping on people who were excited to go back to the Moon. I thought it was cool, too. I just give a higher value to new stuff. I'd hazard a guess that most people do.
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Three negatives enter the Vault of Glass.
    6 people entered!

:).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Noticed last night that my Jotuneer and Le Monarque quests don't seem to be progressing despite forging new legendary frames. So far I've forged Hammerhead, Blast Furnace x5, and the Bow, but both quests still say 1/10 on legendary frames.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Noticed last night that my Jotuneer and Le Monarque quests don't seem to be progressing despite forging new legendary frames. So far I've forged Hammerhead, Blast Furnace x5, and the Bow, but both quests still say 1/10 on legendary frames.

It's only the first two legendary frames you forge each week, and only the first of each kind per week. And even then I've had it not count for whatever reason a few times

Then forging that bow yesterday definitely should have counted, it was my first time ever doing it.

Oh well. For fun, I have 37 completed bounties ready to turn in once the new season starts. Getting a head start on that season pass.

Then forging that bow yesterday definitely should have counted, it was my first time ever doing it.

Oh well. For fun, I have 37 completed bounties ready to turn in once the new season starts. Getting a head start on that season pass.

For some reason the bow one is weird. Myself and several other people I've talked to confirmed that the first bow forging didn't count, but it did count if you went back and did a second bow that same week. It's definitely flaky.

Speaking of forges...

I pretty much skipped BA and the Drifter seasons. I've since gotten the curated Blast Furnace and another really well rolled Blast Furnace. I have a Hammerhead I like (although no idea what the best rolls are for LMGs).

Any other weapons of note worth pursuing from it / what god rolls to hunt for? I just got Jotunn and LOL'd all over Crucible with it on Tuesday, but looking for any other fun ones.

Speaking of forges...

I pretty much skipped BA and the Drifter seasons. I've since gotten the curated Blast Furnace and another really well rolled Blast Furnace. I have a Hammerhead I like (although no idea what the best rolls are for LMGs).

Any other weapons of note worth pursuing from it / what god rolls to hunt for? I just got Jotunn and LOL'd all over Crucible with it on Tuesday, but looking for any other fun ones.

The curated roll for Kindled Orchid (the hand cannon) is incredibly good - drop mag / kill clip /rampage. It's probably my favorite PVE hand cannon.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Speaking of forges...

If you don't mind a lot (a lot) of PvP, the Crucible pinnacle weapons Mountaintop and Recluse are both extremely good in PvP and PvE (although I would wait until next season starts to go for them since hitting Fabled along with their other requirements in 5 days is going to be tough).

For Black Armory weapons, as minor incident says the curated Kindled Orchid is amazing, but it's a fairly rare drop so not really possible to farm for outside of just doing a ton of forges. Izanagi's Burden (the Mysterious Box quest) is very very good these days as well, so trying to get that quest done will be a good use of time.

For LMG rolls, you generally want Feeding Frenzy+Rampage and as much Range as you can get. Hammerhead is still the gold standard for legendary LMGs.

Yeah, the only legendary machine gun that gets more playtime for me is 21% Delirium, purely because of the incredibly efficient ammo economy it has. In a situation where ammo isn't a worry, Hammerhead probably wins out.

• FeloniousmozFeloniousmoz Registered User regular
    I'm slooooowly working on my Izanagi's Burden quest, hope to be ready to go when the next high-curse week rolls around for Shattered Throne (on PC). Just need that dang rare bounty to drop from Ada so doing lots of forges presently.

Steam: FeloniousMoz
    edited December 2019
    3clipse wrote: »

If you don't mind a lot (a lot) of PvP, the Crucible pinnacle weapons Mountaintop and Recluse are both extremely good in PvP and PvE (although I would wait until next season starts to go for them since hitting Fabled along with their other requirements in 5 days is going to be tough).

For Black Armory weapons, as minor incident says the curated Kindled Orchid is amazing, but it's a fairly rare drop so not really possible to farm for outside of just doing a ton of forges. Izanagi's Burden (the Mysterious Box quest) is very very good these days as well, so trying to get that quest done will be a good use of time.

For LMG rolls, you generally want Feeding Frenzy+Rampage and as much Range as you can get. Hammerhead is still the gold standard for legendary LMGs.
    Oh yeah, those I know. I was more asking about BA, but you're right, Mountaintop and Recluse are insane. A few weeks ago during the very first week of Momentum, I knocked out Recluse, Mountaintop, 21% Delirium, Randy's (I love Randy's), Oxygen, Edgewise, and Revoker in that one week. It was a LOT of PvP and I hate Momentum now, but it's worth it.

You both are recommending Kindled, so that's where I go I guess!

How's the BA auto rifle?

Bizazedo on
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Frames that don't count:
    - The very first time you forge a particular frame (it will have a much longer set of steps)
    - Any frame forged after the first two per week
    - The second frame of the same type you forged this week (e.g. forging a second Sword frame in the same week after your first Sword frame of the week)

So if you did a frame you've never done before and then one other frame, you'd get a progress of 1. No other frames that week would count

EDIT: This all made slightly more sense when it was new and everything was arranged differently. You had the "quests" for each new frame that were distinct from the standard frames and then you had the 2x "Powerful Frames" per week

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    I'm slooooowly working on my Izanagi's Burden quest, hope to be ready to go when the next high-curse week rolls around for Shattered Throne (on PC). Just need that dang rare bounty to drop from Ada so doing lots of forges presently.

The Izanagi quest step for Shattered Throne can be done any time.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Oh yeah, those I know. I was more asking about BA, but you're right, Mountaintop and Recluse are insane. A few weeks ago during the very first week of Momentum, I knocked out Recluse, Mountaintop, 21% Delirium, Randy's (I love Randy's), Oxygen, Edgewise, and Revoker in that one week. It was a LOT of PvP and I hate Momentum now, but it's worth it.

How's the BA auto rifle?

As autorifles go, Ringing Nail is one of the better ones. It can roll Dragonfly+Rampage, which is extremely potent. It just suffers from the fact that autorifles as an archetype are pretty weak right now.

Shattered Throne is available all the time now, so even if you miss High Curse you won't be stuck waiting.

All the BA weapons are at least pretty good, really. I like the bow a lot, even.

edited December 2019
    And to add on to what Minor said....if you get the rare bounty to do Shattered Throne, use an alt / friends to checkpoint the final boss....so you don't have to do Shattered Throne the full way twice.

....yeah :(. Be smarter than Biz.

Bizazedo on

How's the BA auto rifle?

As autorifles go, Ringing Nail is one of the better ones. It can roll Dragonfly+Rampage, which is extremely potent. It just suffers from the fact that autorifles as an archetype are pretty weak right now.

Thank you! I have buddy that keeps hating on the ringing nail! Its a good gun DAMNIT!!!!

• FeloniousmozFeloniousmoz Registered User regular
    And to add on to what Minor said....if you get the rare bounty to do Shattered Throne, use an alt / friends to checkpoint the final boss....so you don't have to do Shattered Throne the full way twice.

....yeah :(. Be smarter than Biz.

Thanks for this, and for the heads-up from ya'll about ST being available all the time now, one less silly hurdle to deal with.

Steam: FeloniousMoz
    Can you get more than one small rice cake a week?

Can you get more than one small rice cake a week?

I believe you can get 1 per character per week.