As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Labyrinth] pbp

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'll wait for the update to be sure, but I believe this time it is you who have slighted me, sir.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    JPants wrote: »
    I'll wait for the update to be sure, but I believe this time it is you who have slighted me, sir.

I'm pretty sure it's Jdark that is slighted by ArcSyn, as I don't see how almost copying your previous attempted move could slight you..

discrider on
    discrider wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's Jdark that is slighted by Green, as I don't see how almost copying your previous attempted move could slight you..

Before your move I could get to my item this turn, now I'm pretty sure I can't. Have to wait for the update to see if I have any alternative paths though.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Busy afternoon too, it seems. Sorry about that.
    dratrkqw9opy.jpg
    new spare tile (second time this game for this particular bend):
    9xeyrgwqt66c.jpg

discrider got a point!
    Scoreboard:
    1. ArcSyn = 1 (jeweled ring)
    2. discrider = 1 (treasure map)
    3. JPants = 0
    4. jdarksun = 0

Your turn JPants.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019

I'm pretty sure it's Jdark that is slighted by Green, as I don't see how almost copying your previous attempted move could slight you..

Before your move I could get to my item this turn, now I'm pretty sure I can't. Have to wait for the update to see if I have any alternative paths though.

Well, your previous move looked like it had me stranded on a one-tile island for no gain of your own, which seemed a bit more dire of an attack

discrider on

Well, your previous move looked like it had me stranded on a one-tile island for no gain of your own, which seemed a bit more dire of an attack

the move i actually made or the move i corrected? And yeah, my plan has been thoroughly dashed.

I'm not going to wait for an answer to move, but I'm curious: Does it have to be play tile THEN move or can you move first?

Insert as is, right above my Blue piece. Then move down, right and down to land on the crown above yellow piece

the move i actually made or the move i corrected? And yeah, my plan has been thoroughly dashed.

I'm not going to wait for an answer to move, but I'm curious: Does it have to be play tile THEN move or can you move first?

When your move was (incorrectly) 'push right on the bottom row'

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    As I understand it, you must add the tile before you move:
    nn7gvxb1g667.png

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    8swn10iicqnr.jpg
    New spare tile:
    to3x9spg2avl.jpg

Now it's jdarksun's turn.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Rotate the tile so its _|, then push it in downwards from the upper right.

Move west, north, west and come to rest on the ... gold coin?

jdarksun wrote: »

Are you moving your starting position on top of your wizard?

edited December 2019
    jdarksun wrote: »

Oh, took a moment to realize what you meant. The yellow circle in the bottom right corner is the yellow starting space, you ended your last turn on the tile that is now above the book (and below JPants current location with the crown), which I think is what you are seeing as a coin. At the time you moved there it was immediately adjacent to your starting point, but got slid to its current location by other players' board changes. Let me know what you want to do instead.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    ojqvp4mcmpe3.jpg
    New spare tile:
    ddqe2qebaooq.jpg

It's ArcSyn's turn.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    @H3Knuckles Insert _| middle column from the bottom, pushing everything upwards.

Move left one if I have to move. I don't think I'm allowed to stay in one place.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Actually, it appears you can!
    4ht7p9goy0hx.jpg

camo_sig2-400.png
    v7xfve8tcy03.jpg
    New spare tile:
    pvteaktehzqc.jpg

discrider, you're up.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    The fun thing is going through my folder in a gallery viewer watching all the board changes like an animation.

A multiplayer, 3D, first-person puzzle game in a maze with moving rooms would be fun in a weird, disorienting way. Preferably real time, with each player having a casting time that gives other players just enough warning to run to an adjacent 'room', and cooldowns to space out the changes. Maybe the people who made Antichamber could do it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGsnm2nOnso

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    i see my target getting further and further away.....

Put corner pointing down and right into the middle row from the right
    Then move up one onto that piece.
    Orb wizard!

e9jrap3vqfj4.jpg
    New spare tile:
    rpll0qphboiv.jpg

JPants turn now.

camo_sig2-400.png
    All is forgiven Discrider!

Rotate to |_ and insert at bottom of middle column, then move one left on to the mouse for the score!

edited December 2019
    6w01gh3av0sl.jpg
    New spare tile:
    ticd6mjhbzlq.jpg
    JPants got a point!

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 1 (jeweled ring)
    • discrider = 1 (treasure map)
    • JPants = 1 (rat)
    • jdarksun = 0

It's jdarksun's turn now

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Push the dragon tile as-is down from the upper left.

Move ENEENNWW to land on the candelabra.

3mxvai65job1.jpg
    New spare tile:
    n387cx52f4g8.jpg

jdarksun scored a point!

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 1 (jeweled ring)
    • JPants = 1 (rat)
    • jdarksun = 1 (candelabra)

It's ArcSyn's turn now.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Insert middle row from the right side.

Move two spaces to the left to claim the helm.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    l66wukvnfwvl.jpg
    New spare tile:
    p543olv74x6c.jpg

ArcSyn scored another point!

Score:
    • ArcSyn = 2 (jeweled ring, mail coif)
    • JPants = 1 (rat)

It's discrider's turn now.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    You can't stop me.
    Insert vertically on first top row from the right.
    RUUULLDLDDLLDLD
    Catch the ghost

discrider on
    edited December 2019
    83cbu2ls2cm0.jpg
    New spare tile:
    3nrt6vjlyvm0.jpg

discrider scored another point!

Score:
    • discrider = 2 (treasure map, ghost)
    • JPants = 1 (rat)

It's JPants' turn now.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Sorry guys, had a crazy busy weekend. Taking a look now...

Insert, as is, up from bottom of right column (below owl). Travel E, N, E, to score on moth.

xj6nm1dw95fm.jpg
    "New" spare tile:
    8io066iki97l.jpg

JPants scored another point!

Score:
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)

It's jdarksun's turn now.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Rotate Dragon counterclockwise (so it looks like -|), push it right from the lower right spot.
    Move DLDDLLDL to land on the skull and crossbones

dp6pag4edhrq.jpg
    New spare tile:
    udnbbcf7pw2u.jpg

jdarksun scored another point!

Score:
    • JPants = 2 (rat, moth)
    • jdarksun = 2 (candelabra, skull & crossbones)

It's ArcSyn's turn now.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    T orientation, insert top of right column, move right and down to where the ring is.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Ah shoot. Is it too late to play as David Bowie?

Or at least David Bowie's area?

Yes

4i26aww5v1dg.jpg
    New spare tile:
    xwjsrov4fuct.jpg

discrider's turn is next.

camo_sig2-400.png
    I have a feeling points are going to come in waves and droughts, because as people align parts of the board to make passages, other players can then take advantage of those (like discrider's crazy U-shaped path to the ghost that made a straight shot for jdarksun to get the skull & crossbones), until the passages start to get broken up out of necessity. And then there will be another slow period as players start to build new paths.

camo_sig2-400.png