As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Was wondering why my person didn't receive their thing yet and turns out my order was cancelled! Whoops! Looks like I was the secret satan at the end of the book all along! Sorry Satan-ee, I'm resubmitting and you should be receiving pure white hell within the next couple weeks!

(So, so fucking bad at this).

Cristoval on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    You're sending them cocaine?!?

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Another mystery package arrived!

DjJcyIoh.jpg

And inside:
    A0qcAbvh.jpg

39KH2RYh.jpg

I still don't know who's sending these, but my wife absolutely loves the poems, we've read about half the book together so far!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Woken from my nap by a knock at my door to reveal not a person in sight but at my feet a pile of packages!

KbenhQXh.jpg
    The box was deceptively heavy for it's size. I figure I should open the bubble mailer first before getting to the box.

pSXRP9Gh.jpg
    A scrub brush for a cast iron skillet, I think I might know why that box is so heavy now. It also came with a cryptic message. I decide to press on to see if I can piece it together.

Zud8OTFh.jpg
    Comics, hell yeah! I've been super slacking on my comics but I can't wait to reread WicDiv to refresh for this new trade. It's also nice to have a physical version of Squirrel Girl, hardcover even! Trying to read the alt-text digitally on my phone was a real pain. If y'all haven't read Squirrel Girl y'all should.

7nt9RMqh.jpg
    Now here's something that I can use that brush with! a 10 inch skillet with scrapers for any hard to remove items and a grip so I don't fuse with the handle. I can't confess to being much of a cook but it's still exciting. I think I'm gonna try making some cornbread soon.

A5Crb3xh.jpg
    Here's the gift notes, the one about the skillet and the handle seem self evident but everything shipped loose in the box so none of the notes were attached to anything but I still feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

Thanks Canadian Satan!

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just realised that I should start entering my house by the front door at least once a week in case something turns up

(I was recently vindicated in my dislike of the front foyer/stairwell because my friend took the puppy out that way the other week and said "oh yeah somebody definitely hung themselves in here")

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Front doors are for people from the south and/or west coast

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey, Sandra? PG-13 forum.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Front doors are for people from the south and/or west coast

Ah yes, as I understand it some folks prefer the tradesman's entrance over the more 'formal' front door.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I dunno I just yeet myself through an open window like any normal person

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Side doors are for friends and family

Front doors are for Jehovah's Witnesses and tupperware salespeople

Windows are for Madican

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh...

Oh no!

All our opening windows have security screens on them, and we don't have a side door!

Sorry folks, nobody can come over unless you're a JW or selling plastic containers.

At least until I can convince Amy to let me punch a door opening through the kitchen wall...

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I always enter through the front door...I usually leave that route too. I think the only time I ever used a back door regularly was my best friend in high school who turned the basement of his parents house into his own area and it had its own door

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I live in an apartment so my only side door opens into the patio. It's terribly inconvenient climbing over the wall and through the hedges several times a day, but at least I'm not getting confused for a salesman.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2019
    Satan* knows that the ocean is deep and dark, a repository of our fears that must be appeased lest it doom us all. To that end, Satan has sacrificed in my name via Mission Blue, to help ensure we continue to exist on this planet.

Thank you Satan!

*I'm not yet publicly naming you until I hear otherwise, but again, thanks!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2019
    I had a package sitting at my side door for who knows how long! It came with tidings and a note!

I have a picture but the forums won't let me post it and I am way too big of a tech idiot to figure out how to resize it, as I've never had this issue before!

It's a fancy Switch holder and carrying case! Now I can carry the thing around and have something to extend past the joycons to make holding the thing more comfortable!
    The card says it is from could be the person's real name and I don't want to dox anybody, so I will just thank Satan! Thank you Satan! This will become immensely handy come January when I start going back to school!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just download the app called Picture Resizer.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Hey Satan, I'm gonna update my wishlist - it isn't a hard requirement, but if you're stuck for some cheaper gifts, some kitchenware or cooking gadgets could be fun! I've been really working on my diet for the last couple months, and relying on a bunch of low calorie recipes, which has made cooking surprisingly fun!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Just download the app called Picture Resizer.

You'd not my dad!

Also the problem is the size on my computer and I've resized it twice but the forums isn't recognizing the change at all so I wouldn't even know where to start.

if you upload your pictures to imgur (you don't need an account, you can just drag images in there from your desktop), you can resize images by appending letters to the image url:

i0nM4Di.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/i0nM4Di.jpg raw

i0nM4Dih.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/i0nM4Dh.jpg (huge)

i0nM4Dil.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/i0nM4Dl.jpg (large)

i0nM4Dim.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/i0nM4Dm.jpg (medium)

i0nM4Dit.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/i0nM4Dt.jpg (tiny)

i0nM4Dis.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/i0nM4Ds.jpg (square)

note that the current messed-up css on the forums is also resizing any larger images, so the top two are identical here for now

Oh I meant the size of the image in memory, not the visual size of it. Imgur sounds like a decent solution.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Well I got another package, it uh, it might have a new life as abstract art though.

Edit: It’s not as bad as it looks.

Lasbrook on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    As soon as I got back from the gym I was told a package arrived! And then saw the side and went, hmmm, I don't think I got anything from Adafruit
    ek2x2q9nevwi.jpeg

Well, shows what I know, it was for me!
    0tlbr4fvrncg.jpeg

It's a Flora Starter Kit! Which is a fun little Arduino board made specifically to get sewn into things. I've played with the Flora itself and a couple lights, but this is a huge number of components I'm really excited to try out! And the sensors especially - there's an accelerometer and a colour sensor, and I have ideas for those.

I have a jacket I started sewing some lights onto a while back that I didn't finish that a bunch of this would be perfect for, but I also have wanted to do a light-up skirt for some time and just hadn't taken the jump. I'll maybe use the colour and accelerometer sensors there to change colours when I scan them, or change glitter patterns when I move or spin!

I tried not to look at the receipt so as to preserve Satan's identity if they don't want to reveal it just yet. So I'll leave it at thanks a ton, Satan! I'm really excited to play with this!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    I tried editing it a babillion times and it's not working, I told you guys I'm an idiot.

b3U1Qr2h.jpg
    Ahh yes, a wonderful use of the form, such striking color. You can really feel the rage of the postal worker. Ok, dumb jokes aside whatever is inside is pretty pliable so let's open it up and see what the damage is.
    kcmdOAWh.jpg
    Honestly? Not bad. It's got some slight wear and tear, and it's kinda wavy but it's perfectly fine. It looks like I have some catching up to do for sure, thanks again Canadian Satan!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @Pinfeldorf glad you got it! I was worried when you hadn't posted about it for a few days.

Enjoy the grip and catch'em all!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Oh I meant the size of the image in memory, not the visual size of it. Imgur sounds like a decent solution.

It's the same thing

tynic wrote: »

It's the same thing

That's not always true though, right?

edited December 2019
    Size of the image in memory is proportional to the number of pixels it has
    Size the image appears on the screen is determined by the number of pixels it has

Compression algorithms mean that the relationship isn’t one to one for most image types, but if you make it smaller in display it will be smaller in memory.
    If you’re just trying to change the size in memory without changing the display size you need to change the compression method (aka file type), or the compression amount. In general for anything you’re putting on the forums, jpeg<< png, and a quality of 90% is probably fine

tynic on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    NERD ALERT

It's 2k19 Steve, the nerds won.

It's 2k19 Steve, the nerds won.

Thank God

Destroy all nerds.

Kick their shins. Bash their butts.

B-b-but we only recently got the ability to have anime threads back!!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Truly the sign that it is the end days.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It's 2019, you're going to have to be more specific.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    edited December 2019
    Satan struck again last night , however I was too lazy to post the documentation I took. I will do so this evening.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2019
    Last night I got home to find a box I was not expecting! (Dinner included for scale)
    havrr2u2m55l.jpg
    What could be inside?
    1cxyui3pa2x5.jpg
    A note from my still as yet mysterious dark lord.
    eo559ahbklcs.jpg
    Demons indeed.
    It contained a bed for my cats! I now have sufficient beds they both can recline in comfort and style without conflict.
    963vdmsw3mnq.jpg
    Dinner assures me he understands how cat beds work.
    mg0rrsx6445d.jpg
    Just kidding, he's sweet but a total dorkus. He'll take a few days to figure it out. Levy is the real genius. She is herself at any given time the softest object in my apartment, but has an uncanny ability to know when a new soft thing she can sleep in shows up within minutes.
    k3kaqewj9gzb.jpg
    She is, at this very moment, making biscuits on it.
    Thank you Satan!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png