As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    The real shock to me was when I looked up this Hell Michigan game and learned it was a Suda51 joint.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    The real shock to me was when I looked up this Hell Michigan game and learned it was a Suda51 joint.

Whaaat? No way!

I mean... I know Suda51 is very eccentric with his games but this one is special.

• JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

KGB would like to know Arin Hanson's location.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
    I totally forgot how bad Zelda's Adventure is. My god.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So who else is getting in on that beta huh?

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I mean... this is a new GG game that is coming out, yeah? I would have preferred an ARG, but this is pretty funny.

Edit - Yeah, Thom Glunt is working on it (he's the dude who made the Strafe FPS rogue-like). I'll sign up, pretty clever ad-campaign though.

KoopahTroopah on
    Woah this BR platformer video is awesome!

I wanted to look up how the thing was doing and accidentally came upon a twitter post. Of course people are apparently pissed about the video. They say it is insulting to the retro community or some shit. That Arin should have admitted immediately it was fake. Oh you mean and ruin the experience for people by spoiling it?

Shit like that aggravates me so much. Just let people enjoy things.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The whole thing is kinda dumb and vaguely racist, they could've done things better with the same basic premise.

Which describes Game Grumps in general pretty well, actually.

uyvfOQy.png
    Do... What now?

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I own Michigan report from hell.

I bought it at a pawn shop for 5$ and adamantly believe the game is cursed and not meant for mortal use.

They may have sold me on this Mario and Sonic game. It looks really good.

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The whole thing is kinda dumb and vaguely racist, they could've done things better with the same basic premise.

Which describes Game Grumps in general pretty well, actually.

Racist? You're going to have to explain this one too me because apparently I'm just not woke enough. Are retro gaming enthusiasts a race now?

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I too, would have preferred that Arin & Co. didn't try to pass this off as a legitimate game. At best it's dumb, at worst it's just awkward.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    I don't know... I had fun with it.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I thought the whole thing was legit. LOL, I'm so gullible.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Me too. Even though there was a video this week of Arin pulling a fast one on Danny lol

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

Yeah, there was something about it that felt weird to me, between the way he was filming it and what they were saying, but I didn't even consider what it turned out to be.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    More like Soviet GRUMP Game...

...yeah it looks alright. Free to play too.

Oh man that video looks awesome, and the music is some great 8 bit jams.

I say bah to the haters. I think Arin just wanted to have fun with it, and it looks like he did a good job of that. As a fan of finding retro stuff, I could see the appeal of the whole video series.

urahonky wrote: »

Me too. Even though there was a video this week of Arin pulling a fast one on Danny lol

I almost feel like that was the point.

"Hurr, like Danny was ever going to buy that they'd just found some 20 year old game, randomly and gotten the servers working, so OBVIOUSLY fake!"

"OMG, they found a 30-year-old game and they got the servers working? This is amazing!"

edited December 2019
    In my limited defence I never thought it was actually supposed to be Internet enabled, I figured that the "Internet adapter" was to hook it up to another Dendy to allow for double the players, like how if you linked up two xbox 360s you could play Halo 3 co-op with four people.

Mr Ray on
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »

I almost feel like that was the point.

"Hurr, like Danny was ever going to buy that they'd just found some 20 year old game, randomly and gotten the servers working, so OBVIOUSLY fake!"

"OMG, they found a 30-year-old game and they got the servers working? This is amazing!"

I'm having trouble remembering the Danny thing, what was that about exactly? Was that something when he got the Dendy games working with Dan present?

It was a recent episode, "Tricked into playing scary 90's FPS". Not a very good episode, honestly. Danny buys it for all of about 30 seconds and the game itself is not very scary. The best part is Dan's anticipation of something scary happening because he's a big scardy pants, but that quickly fizzles out when he realises that "the scary part" is already over.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Best scared Dan will always be Cursed Mountain episode 2. Also bonus for most real monk.

steam_sig.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    It was a recent episode, "Tricked into playing scary 90's FPS". Not a very good episode, honestly. Danny buys it for all of about 30 seconds and the game itself is not very scary. The best part is Dan's anticipation of something scary happening because he's a big scardy pants, but that quickly fizzles out when he realises that "the scary part" is already over.

It didn't help that the game itself seemed like a half-baked idea to begin with and then wasn't finished on top of that.

McMoogle wrote: »
    Best scared Dan will always be Cursed Mountain episode 2. Also bonus for most real monk.

PT was also good.

Watching Part 2 at work. Yeah, this looks dope. Looks like a great collection of mini-games.

• JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular

Watching Part 2 at work. Yeah, this looks dope. Looks like a great collection of mini-games.

I just wish they had implemented the practice mode from Super Mario Party. Those games are really difficult to explain in words, but would be much easier to get if you could try them out before-hand. Maybe with a little explanation of what’s important for execution. (“Watch your angle and timing!” for the discus game, for example.)

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Arin tweets:

The uncle in question put in the actual amazon description
    THE FIRST OFFICIAL NOVEL FROM GAME GRUMPS

Some tweets from Arin discussing his uncle
    Personally, I don't really think it's particularly fine. Arin's audience is vast and many are more than gullible enough to think that this is actually associated with GG. I'm guessing many will buy it assuming it must be some kind of ARG put on by the Grumps.

Also: It's not even available until March.

Psykoma on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Lol I mean I get the pressure from mom but like dude, this is your brand.. seems a little like uh what why would you even pretend to entertain that

At least his mom's charity seems like it does something, what does this guy do to earn the exposure

edited December 2019

Well that sucks, though it's still super misleading for the uncle to say it's a novel from Game Grumps

Psykoma on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    If his uncle really is an asshole I hope he doesn't use Arin saying this stuff against him.

This isn't the first time he's talked about his uncle being an asshole, right?

I don't remember it, but some responders seem to say he mentioned his uncle being an asshole in early Good Content episodes

Seems like a waste of a good book deal

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Nobody has mentioned how wonderfully bad(and possibly condescending, based on Arin's tweets) the product description is.
    THE FIRST OFFICIAL NOVEL FROM GAME GRUMPS

My name is Dr. Cecil H.H. Mills. I’m the author of this book and many other ones that you might not have heard of. This book is about two idiot wannabe detective-types. Their names are J.J. and Valentine Watts, but I’m not sure if they’re actually brothers or not.

They make a friend; her name is Trudi de la Rosa. She’s a wannabe detective-type too, but honestly, she’s less of an idiot than the brothers.

The three of them team up to solve a mystery that takes place in a snowy chateau up in the mountains. It gets more complicated around chapter 11, but now you’ve got the main gist of it. The story’s full of intrigue and adventure and puzzles and light violence and some swear words. It’s really entertaining.

Just buy the book and start reading. You’ll understand everything about the Ghost Hunters Adventure Club very soon.

I love that he doesn't know if they're brothers

This discussion has been closed.