As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    may i recommend a
    red burgundy
    velvet
    tux
    k7fg18mg1j27.jpg
    (yeah, i wore it to the wedding) (and drew admiring feedback from at least a half dozen folk)
    (warning: people will want to pet you)

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Rad tux! Dope shoes!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    That looks supremely comfortable! Also dope as fuck.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Goddamn, YES

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I got a facial yesterday for the first time, cuz a friend suggested it would be good

That was weird af and partially unpleasant but also relaxing f

But I think my skin is looking better

Are these good to do or not

I see mixed things on the internet

The place I went had all 5 star reviews tho so seemed trustworthy

poo
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    My goateed, mustachioed, and bearded brothers - it is the time of year when it is best to have a list of random little things that people can purchase for you because they won't stop asking and god dammit mom just donate something to the ACLU or Planned Parenthood and get off my back about needing to mail me shit, no no, it's fine I do love and appreciate you thanks yes, a gift card would be lovely.

Ahem.

So with that in mind, does anyone have recommendations on a good pair of facial hair scissors and beard comb? Or other maintenance items? I've been using an electric trimmer for awhile now and it works fine, though sometimes it leaves the ends a little sharp and pokey so why not up the game a bit, yea?

Mine is on the shortish side compared to some other facial amazingness here.

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    I have a sandalwood beard comb from Striking Viking. It's pretty good.

(Looks like it's the comb from this kit but I'm not certain--it was a gift.)

• Options
    2 days later the skin on my face is like real good so i guess it works

i am also in the same boat as zip beard wise, i keep it short and use a standard electric trimmer, but i could probably do it better

poo
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I replaced a Wahl beard trimmer that was dying with a high'ish end Panasonic ER-SB40-K and it's so much better. It leaves no stray hairs and my beard actually feels substantially softer/smoother than the Wahl ever left it.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wow, that thing is $120 to $150 USD

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    I replaced a Wahl beard trimmer that was dying with a high'ish end Panasonic ER-SB40-K and it's so much better. It leaves no stray hairs and my beard actually feels substantially softer/smoother than the Wahl ever left it.

Yea, I'm sure that the trimmer isn't doing me any favors. It was a $15 thing I picked up yeaaaars ago and could 100% stand to upgrade. I've just been rather lazy about it.

Best review so far about the Panasonic: "Only Con - The trimmer spits out the trimmed hair in a 1/2 mile wide radius every time he uses it. There is hair ON THE WALLS OF HIS BATHROOM."

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was expensive but it's very much a buy it for life kind of thing. When I bough it a couple of weeks ago it was around $105 so the price, like most things on Amazon, fluctuates quite a bit. It was down to under $80 just a few days ago.

As far as the mess issue, I'm not sure what that reviewer is talking about. I find that beard trimming guide traps 75% of the hair within it and the rest falls down below into the sink (very little if any ends up on me). The Wahl I had before got hair everywhere and all over me. My arms and chest would get covered in hair.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Yeah I just have a cheap norelco that I’ve had forever

I suppose an upgrade would be in order soon

poo
  • Options
    I’ve slowly been like
    Actually taking care of my skin more

It’s kinda nice

Would recommend

Serums and things!

poo
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I got a new sweater and I think I my style is reverse aging to my actual age? Soon I'll reach the 70s.
    Edit, that was way to big

honovere on
  • Options
    I’ve slowly been like
    Actually taking care of my skin more

It’s kinda nice

Would recommend

Serums and things!

Hey me too! I've been amazed with the results. Feels wild that I'm just now discovering this stuff

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Serum sounds like some bloodborne shit
    BEWARE THE OLD SKIN

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I got a new sweater and I think I my style is reverse aging to my actual age? Soon I'll reach the 70s.
    scyvjdxkpeff.jpg
    Edit, that was way to big

this is extremely good and i very very enjoy it

I myself am still full of regret that I didn't have the extra idk 500 dollars this dress cost (reduced from like 2k) when i found it in Austin:
    2kCn81Rh.jpg
    flr2wFvh.jpg

TELL ME those shoulders aren't made to be worn when you come back from the dead to fuck up your murderous ex-boyfriend before he can kill again and make out with his new girlfriend after saving her from certain death

YOU CAN'T BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE MADE FOR

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    dang, LS, dang

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That blazer is incred

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Are fjällraven Parkas worth their price? They are in a similar price range as Patagonia but don't look so techy which I prefer. I'm looking for a new winter coat and maybe something like that instead of a wool coat.

Also thank you Salient, that's very nice to hear.

• Options
    Fjallraven makes nice things yes

I have one of their non-lined coats that I wear a lot in fall and spring, sometimes winter even if I later under enough

My heavy duty winter parka is some Russian tech wear brand that retailEd for 450 ish or something but I got on end of season clearance for 150

poo
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    felt like i looked good the other day

a fleeting feeling so i had to take advantage

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Looking good, comrade

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    that jacket owns

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    that jacket owns crwth

it's got a stranglehold on him!

• Options
    I saw my friend at the holiday party (big company, hadn’t seen her in a while)

She says why do you always have new clothes 😳
    Not wrong but

poo
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    What are you supposed to do? Wear the same outfit more than once? Like an animal?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    actually my animal wears the same thing every day and he is quite stylin
    n6a54g3iuxs5.jpg

• Options
    There's an exception to every rule.

• Options
    apparently my sweater is so good today that someone came to my desk just to see my sweater because someone else had talked it up

poo
  • Options
    Got a new jacket that I like. Nothin' fancy, but my short-ish arms make a lot of jackets a bad fit, usually.

lisa1mnfhl9j.jpg

• Options
    In exceptionally cheap finds, this pile fleece lined uniqlo trucker jacket is on sale for $29
    https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/product/men-u-pile-lined-trucker-jacket-420429COL36SMA004000.html

If I didn’t have way too many jackets I’d grab one

Just sharing with y’all since that’s a steal and it looks nice

poo
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Fashion Updates:

1. I bought a Schott leather jacket
    2. I got some prescription Prada sunglasses (my first prescription sunglasses!) because I wanted to burn my eye benefits from work before year end and the sun has been especially harsh on my eyes on my new medication
    3. I got a new hair stylist who has done my favourite hair yet
    4. I went to a hair workshop on vintage pin curling
    5. I bought a motherfucking fur stole

Evidence attached:

8tzlg8rr5bez.jpeg

lu8c8xkbcydk.jpeg

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    goddamn

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, Cello, you look fucking amazing.

Also, is that a skirt made from a fabric with the pattern from the Overlook Hotel carpet?

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Cello, you look fucking amazing.

Also, is that a skirt made from a fabric with the pattern from the Overlook Hotel carpet?

It is! It's a dress from the Hotel collection by Pin Up Girl, and it's my favourite!

https://pinupgirlclothing.com/collections/hotel-collection

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Fashion Updates:

1. I bought a Schott leather jacket
    2. I got some prescription Prada sunglasses (my first prescription sunglasses!) because I wanted to burn my eye benefits from work before year end and the sun has been especially harsh on my eyes on my new medication
    3. I got a new hair stylist who has done my favourite hair yet
    4. I went to a hair workshop on vintage pin curling
    5. I bought a motherfucking fur stole

Evidence attached:

8tzlg8rr5bez.jpeg

lu8c8xkbcydk.jpeg

h...hey...

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I don't understand.

Are you putting some sort of wax or sealant on your jacket to stop it from burning up when it comes into contact with your hair?