As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Cripes, we're already up to 30 pages. This might take a while to catch up.

Do we know if they have plans for animation/music/games in this version? That was my favorite part of Homestuck Prime.

Also, did anyone try Pesterquest? I didn't know and/or promptly forgot that it existed.

Oh yeah I've been playing Pesterquest since I really enjoyed Friendsim. The premise is MSPA Reader has retcon power and uses it to teleport around to all the characters from Homestuck in order to satiate their unquenchable desire for new friends. There's a lot of fun goofs, and while it does get pretty real sometimes with all the "wow these kids have absolutely terrible home lives", there's also an aspect of wish fulfillment as the retcon powers allow MSPA Reader to just completely muck up the intended flow of Homestuck in order to make the kids lives better. And there's been hints of a more overarching story. It's an enjoyable thing to read every couple weeks.

Also, the latest volume confirmed that Vriska is trans.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Cripes, we're already up to 30 pages. This might take a while to catch up.

Do we know if they have plans for animation/music/games in this version? That was my favorite part of Homestuck Prime.

Also, did anyone try Pesterquest? I didn't know and/or promptly forgot that it existed.

Oh yeah I've been playing Pesterquest since I really enjoyed Friendsim. The premise is MSPA Reader has retcon power and uses it to teleport around to all the characters from Homestuck in order to satiate their unquenchable desire for new friends. There's a lot of fun goofs, and while it does get pretty real sometimes with all the "wow these kids have absolutely terrible home lives", there's also an aspect of wish fulfillment as the retcon powers allow MSPA Reader to just completely muck up the intended flow of Homestuck in order to make the kids lives better. And there's been hints of a more overarching story. It's an enjoyable thing to read every couple weeks.

Also, the latest volume confirmed that Vriska is trans.

Vriska is trans?

I'm so behind on hamsteaks. :(

• Options
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    With Calliope's protection in place, I wasn't sure if we'd be seeing anything from Candy.

• Options
    PCT4kCL.png?1

Pesterquest... is good.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Catching up on Homestuck2.

Home stuck is awesome again.

• Options
    Oh yeah I only posted this Update in the holiday thread.

(I know it was probably a fan suggestion, but Vrissy is such a goofy nickname)

Also apparently they're going to switch to 2 updates a month at some point.

• Options
    UPD8

Love me a feelings jam.

• Options
    Update! Time to get extremely unethical.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    First, select your pistol

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Update! Chatting about canon and the ability of creatures to give a shit.

• Options
    Update! Jade's back, finally.

• Options
    Pesterquest finished! Gotta say I really enjoyed this all the way through.

Here's a new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xc32qgdgsQ

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Happy 4/13, ya'll.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Happy 4/13, ya'll.

it's 4/13 and we're all stuck at home.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Happy 4/13, ya'll.

it's 4/13 and we're all stuck at home.

With a new game all about rearranging furniture and crafting stuff.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    welp i've got nothing better to do so i'm watching this homestuck video essay

https://youtu.be/GyV_pFAEZPI

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I never thought that on any particular April 13th that I would be, uh, let's see, what's the word I'm looking for?

Locked down? No, that's two words.
    Housetrapped? Eh, close.

Oh, right, Homestuck.
    I wanted to do something bigger for this but as it turns out I'm somehow busier now that I work from home all the time.

Happy April 13, folks.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I kind of fell off Homestuck back in late Act 6 and I haven't seen, read or played anything past the ending. How did the epilogue and whatever Homestuck 2 is turn out? Are they worth reading?

Also, are any of the games any good? I've heard great things about Hiveswap and need to launch it sometime, but I honestly haven't kept track of all the... dating sims???

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i played only the first chapter of hiveswap and it's a fantastic little way to spend an afternoon, i haven't touched any of the other games or post ending content either

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    i played only the first chapter of hiveswap and it's a fantastic little way to spend an afternoon, i haven't touched any of the other games or post ending content either

Did we ever get more than one chapter of Hiveswap? Are they still being worked on?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    homestuck is over

Now

Mr boop though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Did we ever get more than one chapter of Hiveswap? Are they still being worked on?
    I think it's still being worked on? Not something I've kept my ear to the ground on, though.

• Options
    Act 2 is supposedly coming out sometime this year

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I saw this on a guardrail in the mountains of north Georgia.

3o0yb1zmq0fa.png

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Some of this is pretty good.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The SiIvaGunner channel has a whole bunch of homestuck songs today! Nice.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    trying to catch up a bit with what's been happening to homestuck since... forever

I didn't know June Egbert was canon

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    trying to catch up a bit with what's been happening to homestuck since... forever

I didn't know June Egbert was canon

Wait, really? That's delightful... I think?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    who?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Trans woman John Egbert, it hasn't appeared in anything in the actual comic but after someone won a scavenger hut Hussie did they said "I won and I say John is Jade Egbert and trans" and hussie responded with "And thus it is canon"

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    who?

There's one single Homestuck Fanon thing i know and it's that John is a trans woman named June.

Apparently Hussie said it'd become canon last year. Dunno if there's been any updates on that, though?

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Wtf is going on in Homestuck2 ? Yiffy? Motherfing Yiffy?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to the serious, stolid self-composed story stylings of the original homestuck

The one with president Guy Fieri, Juggalo prophecies and a protracted vendetta against intergalactic-interdimensional dictator Betty Crocker

wY6K6Jb.gif