As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Backspace Bouken - A wacky typing dungeon crawler RPG for [PC/Linux/Mac]! Demo out now!

TubeTube Registered User admin
djvvl2wwzpmw.png

The wacky, weird typing dungeon crawler RPG for PC/Linux/Mac!
Demo out now!

ss_9976d933210efe53d5e01ba571783f435eb1a75a.600x338.jpg?t=1559461532ss_0f2c39d7e8d7dcb6e142f24c1be18546da8059f5.600x338.jpg?t=1559461532

I'm currently one half of the two-man team building the indie game: Backspace Bouken. It's a typing first-person dungeon crawler RPG, started as a Ludum Dare 42 game last year. We're planning a release later this year or next year on both PC and Linux, and would love to know what you guys think! It's a bit of a strange idea, but one that has been surprisingly popular thus far. As our demo is free for anyone to download and try out, we're hoping to get feedback on anything and everything you like or don't like and will be actively working to improve the game in response. So, please check it out and let us know what you think!

This is our release trailer! We're planning on having the game done and released on Steam by the end of the year, where it's already available to wishlist! If you would like to follow our progress elsewhere, we also have a mailing list on our website and a Twitter.

ss_dd6d6a89cf7ef208d33ced6cbd17cdaa7d512279.600x338.jpg?t=1559461532ss_aad943741627edca3d291b40cf5fd1173aeb19b2.600x338.jpg?t=1559461532

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Looks interesting.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    pichuscutepichuscute IndianaRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Looks interesting.

Thanks! If you play the demo, let us know what you think so far. :)

A developer on the typing dungeon crawler Backspace Bouken!

Fav game series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Final Fantasy, SMT, Custom Robo, Mirror's Edge.
  • Options
    We've got an update for the game!

Backspace Bouken now has a brand NEW demo available to download on Steam!

https://youtu.be/r0UexeqRNks

You can also join our Discord to keep up with our game coming up to release!

Fav game series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Final Fantasy, SMT, Custom Robo, Mirror's Edge.
  • Options
    Backspace Bouken is coming out on December 13th!

Release trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvQ3-nS1_14
    Check it out over on Steam!

• Options
    RazorRozeRazorRoze PDX, ORRegistered User new member
    Love the idea and style of this!
    I have been thinking about making a typing game for some time myself because my kids get so bored with traditional typing apps; I'll definitely have to give this a go!
    Best of luck to you guys!

v1xsz36j0qcz.png